• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney Infinity |OT| Where Worlds Collide

I believe the Prima strategy guide has a list of all that stuff, but I'm not gonna spend $20 on that when the information will probably be readily online sometime next week.

oh, thanks! haven't thought of that ;)

this way of doing it, is a little bit shitty. if you ask me I would say they should tell you what you get for your money, print it on the back of the box or something!

XShagrath

oh, thanks! haven't thought of that ;)

this way of doing it, is a little bit shitty. if you ask me I would say they should tell you what you get for your money, print it on the back of the box or something!

If they put everything on the back of the box, it'd be in a 2pt font. I picked up the book for a minute at Target yesterday, and the checklist of items you can get is probably 40-50 pages. There's probably more things in this than there are for Animal Crossing.

Shadownet

Banned
Yeah it holds thirty disks and has a space for Mike's Car. I thought saw that TRU was going to have 10 exclusive disks. The accessories are part of the buy 1 get 1 50% off too. I got it for $5.

Here's the link to the case: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=21822866 and the description.

Product Description: A Toys'R'Us Exclusive! Holds a total of 30 Power Discs including 10 TRU exclusives Power Discs Each slot is designed specifically for Wave 1 Power Discs. Motivates trading & collecting Designed to keep Power Discs collection organized. Durable glossy exterior.

Hmm I thought the 30 discs booklet at TRU would hold 20 wave 1 discs and 10 wave 2 discs, but that wouldn't make much sense since wave 2 will also have 20.

Could you please tell us the name of the last remaining 9 discs that is supposed to be exclusive? They probably is going to release them later, before October/November.

Double D

Any WiiU impressions?

Also, to play co-op do you need two different figures? So say I just bought the Starter pack, would I not be able to play Pirates in multiplayer unless I bought the Barbossa figure or whatever?

I was going to get it for Wii U until I learned there was no pro controller support. My kids can't stand the Wiimote, so because of that I got the 360 version.

And yes, you are absolutely correct. I also felt bamboozled by this.

AGoodODST

The no pro controller support isn't an issue for me. Can't believe you need to buy extra figures for co-op. Ridiculous. They could at least have just duplicated the one you had for co-op.

4Scarr

Banned
I was wondering this. Also for multi player online doesn't appear as if there is auto match making you have to invite and play with your friends

All user generated stuff goes through disneys submission process, so i imagine since the game is not "offically" out yet, they likely are not putting UGC up yet. Might not even be going through submissions yet if there are any.

Everything made by players has to go through them first though.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
For this complaining about needing extra figures for co-op:

TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE WALMART SALE!!!!!

Seriously, $15 for a 3 pack and either of them will give you co-op in every starter pack playset. That's $2 more than just a single figure. It should also be mentioned that both of the other playsets allow co-op by default.

In retrospect my only real complaint of the game is a lack of difficulty mode. Would have been nice for them to allow us to bump up the difficulty. Would also allow for better potential with the power discs. Hopefully in the next wave.

AGoodODST

For this complaining about needing extra figures for co-op:

TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE WALMART SALE!!!!!

Seriously, $15 for a 3 pack and either of them will give you co-op in every starter pack playset. That's $2 more than just a single figure. It should also be mentioned that both of the other playsets allow co-op by default.

In retrospect my only real complaint of the game is a lack of difficulty mode. Would have been nice for them to allow us to bump up the difficulty. Would also allow for better potential with the power discs. Hopefully in the next wave.

Yeah I noticed the Cars and Lone ranger playsets at least come with two figures, which is nice.

Just seems really stingy to withhold co-op unless you buy another figure. Should already be in the game, even if it just makes the second player play as a second jack/Sully/Mr Incredible that can't level up etc.

Amneisac

The no pro controller support isn't an issue for me. Can't believe you need to buy extra figures for co-op. Ridiculous. They could at least have just duplicated the one you had for co-op.

It may not be an issue for you personally, but it's pretty objectively a major oversight. As for the co-op, I like everyone else, agree with you completely. At least let player 2 play as the 'ghost' figure and not get XP. That would allow people to still enjoy the game and perhaps knowing they were missing out on XP and stuff might be enough of an incentive to go out and pick up the other figures. Expecting a family to make a $100 investment right off the top to play co-op is a little insane.

I'm still trying to work out my impression of my first Disney Infinity experience. We let me nephew play in the toy box for about 4 hours off and on (he's 12, going on 13) and had some fun. My wife was predictably bored in the toy box mode, but I knew it wouldn't really be her thing. I do feel like the placement of items can still be refined with some updates. There were a lot of times I was getting pretty miffed with trying to line stuff up right when I was laying track or whatever else.

The actually play set levels might be a little better than I expected. I thought the introduction was neat and very well done. My wife and I played the Cars play set for a few hours last night. I'm very impressed with how varied the gameplay is from play set to play set.

Going forward I feel like it's something we'll only really continue to play as new play sets appeal to us. I wouldn't have bought a Lone Ranger play set if it weren't launch day (and it was 50% off). I don't think I'll ever pay $35 for a play, because that's just way too much money for what it is.

TLDR; Generally positive first day impressions, but I don't see myself buying every play set going forward. I'm only getting the ones that either appeal to me or get good reviews. I can tell I won't get as into this as Skylanders.

AGoodODST

It may not be an issue for you personally, but it's pretty objectively a major oversight. As for the co-op, I like everyone else, agree with you completely. At least let player 2 play as the 'ghost' figure and not get XP. That would allow people to still enjoy the game and perhaps knowing they were missing out on XP and stuff might be enough of an incentive to go out and pick up the other figures. Expecting a family to make a $100 investment right off the top to play co-op is a little insane.

I'm still trying to work out my impression of my first Disney Infinity experience. We let me nephew play in the toy box for about 4 hours off and on (he's 12, going on 13) and had some fun. My wife was predictably bored in the toy box mode, but I knew it wouldn't really be her thing. I do feel like the placement of items can still be refined with some updates. There were a lot of times I was getting pretty miffed with trying to line stuff up right when I was laying track or whatever else.

The actually play set levels might be a little better than I expected. I thought the introduction was neat and very well done. My wife and I played the Cars play set for a few hours last night. I'm very impressed with how varied the gameplay is from play set to play set.

Going forward I feel like it's something we'll only really continue to play as new play sets appeal to us. I wouldn't have bought a Lone Ranger play set if it weren't launch day (and it was 50% off). I don't think I'll ever pay $35 for a play, because that's just way too much money for what it is.

TLDR; Generally positive first day impressions, but I don't see myself buying every play set going forward. I'm only getting the ones that either appeal to me or get good reviews. I can tell I won't get as into this as Skylanders.

I agree it's a major oversight and I'm hoping it will get patched in, I just meant it wont be a problem for me.

Thanks for these impressions though. Sounds like it will be something that will be enjoyed in my household. About the Toy Box, do you feel there is sufficient items from just the Starter Pack to make a whole bunch of things? Would like to hold off buying extra playsets if I have to buy the Starter Pack and Side Kick pack just for multiplayer.

Can I ask what platform you played on? Looking for some Wii U impressions. I heard it was the same team that ported Epic Mickey 2 so I am somewhat concerned :p

Tiny415

Neo Member
Yeah I noticed the Cars and Lone ranger playsets at least come with two figures, which is nice.

Just seems really stingy to withhold co-op unless you buy another figure. Should already be in the game, even if it just makes the second player play as a second jack/Sully/Mr Incredible that can't level up etc.

I am missing the stingy part.

Almost all games do not come with a second controller, so there is always a barrier to entry for co-op. I don't think they have been malicious or duplicit in the nature of the advertising. In all of the interviews I watched on Giant Bomb, Polygon, even mainstream like Good Morning America, they have explicitly said that characters correspond to specific playsets, but everyone can play together in the Toy Box, which allows for Coop with the starter characters.

Liberty4all

Banned
While I haven't tried Disney Infinity yet I really loved Skylanders. The collectable aspect of Disney Infinity (in game collectables that is), really appeals to the loot whore in me, especially since it's combined with the collectable figurines of Skylanders.

AGoodODST

I am missing the stingy part.

Almost all games do not come with a second controller, so there is always a barrier to entry for co-op. I don't think they have been malicious or duplicit in the nature of the advertising. In all of the interviews I watched on Giant Bomb, Polygon, even mainstream like Good Morning America, they have explicitly said that characters correspond to specific playsets, but everyone can play together in the Toy Box, which allows for Coop with the starter characters.

Well there are now two barriers to co-op. A second controller and a £12.99 figure, or if you want to play co-op in all three playsets that come with the game, £29.99. I think that is asking a bit much.

Would it really have been to much to ask to let a second player use a duplicate character that can't gain exp or whatever? if anything it would also serve as an incentive to buy more figures. Toy Box is fine and all but I'm sure people will also like to play the playsets in multiplayer.

4Scarr

Banned
Hey guys I have a question. My son and I are playing this he is under his profile and NNID on the wii u and I on mine. He used sully and when I use it under my profile it wants to clear it so that I can take ownership. Are these figures limited to one profile?

Liberty4all

Banned
I'm seeing so many pictures of stocked store shelves and I'm really starting to wonder if Disney drastically overpriced these sets and figures compared to what the general public is willing to pay.

It was easy to get Skylanders toys at launch too. About a week or two the game caught on and went mainstream and from there on in the shelves were empty for weeks.

Green Yoshi

I'm seeing so many pictures of stocked store shelves and I'm really starting to wonder if Disney drastically overpriced these sets and figures compared to what the general public is willing to pay.

It is August.

These things will sell a lot better in November.

Subxero

Hmm I thought the 30 discs booklet at TRU would hold 20 wave 1 discs and 10 wave 2 discs, but that wouldn't make much sense since wave 2 will also have 20.

Could you please tell us the name of the last remaining 9 discs that is supposed to be exclusive? They probably is going to release them later, before October/November.

It doesn't list the names of the disks so I took some pics of the pages. Sorry about them being phone pics.

Fwxwtspl.jpg
FHPFkd3l.jpg

A3ThYcEl.jpg
2velbGTl.jpg

Liberty4all

Banned
Does anyone know if playset tokens can be used to unlock on more than one console? In Skylanders I brought all my DLC figures that unlock extra maps to my little nephews house and unlocked those sets for him.

Do the Playset tokens need to be on the Infinity base or is it a one time unlock (that will work on more than one console)?

jim2011

Villains or sidekicks pack?, that is the question I'm debating. Getting the wii u version, cars and Lone Ranger playsets as well.

Any thoughts which is better? I primarily want one of them for coop.

FaintDeftone

I'm interested in this game but I do not want to get suckered into a massive money sink like Skylanders.

I purchased the original Skylanders game and I ended up collecting the entire 1st series of figures. It felt good having the whole collection, but then Giants came out and the whole process started over again. I didn't touch Giants because I knew I would be trying to hunt down and blow cash on all of those damn figures again, and now a third game too? It never ends!

I ended up selling that whole series 1 collection and never looked back. Infinity looks pretty cool but I do not want to get caught up into all of that again and regret it like I did with Skylanders.

Subxero

Does anyone know if playset tokens can be used to unlock on more than one console? In Skylanders I brought all my DLC figures that unlock extra maps to my little nephews house and unlocked those sets for him.

Do the Playset tokens need to be on the Infinity base or is it a one time unlock (that will work on more than one console)?

The Playset tokens have to be present on the pad for the option to play them to show up. That's been my experience so far.

I haven't seen an option that allows you to switch between playsets without the statue on the pad in any of the demos i've seen. I'd say no, you need the Playset Statue in the base to use the playset. It's not an "unlock" as such more an actual key you use to open the playset.

XShagrath

I wish I would have known about that TRU exclusive collector's book yesterday. I ended up buying the one at Target for a whim, and now have nowhere to put my Mike's Car or other exclusive discs I get later. :(

drspeedy

Any impressions of the Wii version yet? Most reviews I can find are are WiiU/PS360, anyone here playing this on Wii, or find a review online?

Shancake

I wish I would have known about that TRU exclusive collector's book yesterday. I ended up buying the one at Target for a whim, and now have nowhere to put my Mike's Car or other exclusive discs I get later. :(

I wouldn't worry too much. Apparently they'll all be apart of Wave 2 anyways.

Man I only got 1 pack at TRU thinking there was only 1 exclusive disc not 10 haha.

This game is going to be crazy expensive.

Anyone have confirmation of the characters that are in Wave 2? Gamestop was already taking pre-orders on the Toy Story playset, + Jack Skellington. So them, Phineas and Ferb and who else?

Any impressions of the Wii version yet? Most reviews I can find are are WiiU/PS360, anyone here playing this on Wii, or find a review online?

I think most people have opted WiiU or a HD twin version because those are the ones that'll get continued support, the wii version won't get updates which might leave wii players in the lurch if they plan on doing any massive updates to the game. That said am I little curious as to how they got Infinity working on the Wii, I assume it's just the same game but a bit less graphically impressive

gotee12

Man I only got 1 pack at TRU thinking there was only 1 exclusive disc not 10 haha.

This game is going to be crazy expensive.

Anyone have confirmation of the characters that are in Wave 2? Gamestop was already taking pre-orders on the Toy Story playset, + Jack Skellington. So them, Phineas and Ferb and who else?

You did the right thing. They are only offering one exclusive disc at this time (Mike's car). If you buy one of the TRU exclusive packs, you've received all of the available exclusive discs at this time.

XShagrath

The two characters from Frozen are in the Hall of Heroes, so I'm sure there will be figs/playset for them too. I didn't go through everyone in there, but that should tell you what characters will be coming.

Amneisac

I agree it's a major oversight and I'm hoping it will get patched in, I just meant it wont be a problem for me.

Thanks for these impressions though. Sounds like it will be something that will be enjoyed in my household. About the Toy Box, do you feel there is sufficient items from just the Starter Pack to make a whole bunch of things? Would like to hold off buying extra playsets if I have to buy the Starter Pack and Side Kick pack just for multiplayer.

Can I ask what platform you played on? Looking for some Wii U impressions. I heard it was the same team that ported Epic Mickey 2 so I am somewhat concerned :p

I played on 360. I own a Wii U also and I would have liked to buy it on Wii U, but I eventually decided that the lack of gamepad pro support wasn't something I wanted to wait for them to patch (if they ever do). I just took it as an indication that they might not take it as seriously on Wii U. I figured that 360 would be the safest bet. I guess I also thought if I ever wanted to sell this portal it'd be easier to sell a 360 version than Wii U.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Villains or sidekicks pack?, that is the question I'm debating. Getting the wii u version, cars and Lone Ranger playsets as well.

Any thoughts which is better? I primarily want one of them for coop.

Go to Walmart an get them both for the price of one.

Oh in Hall of Heroes you can get a feel for all of the playsets. My observations

Toy Story
Phineas and Ferb
Frozen
Wreck It Ralph

Also stand alones are
Mickey (sorcerer)
Jack Skellington
Rapunzel

This is off the top of my head.

Someone has confirmed that there is no playset in this second wave, after Toy Story. Phineas and Ferb, Frozen and Wreck It Ralph should be stand alone figures, not playset, even dispite there are two figures from the same film/series. Which I found a let down. Having to wait a year for Infinity 2 to introduce new sets will be a long wait.

Man, the game is going to be significantly less attractive once the launch sales end and everything is up to MSRP. I'm not even buying the game itself yet but I'm preemptively picked up a couple of the playsets from Target/Walmart.

drspeedy

I think most people have opted WiiU or a HD twin version because those are the ones that'll get continued support, the wii version won't get updates which might leave wii players in the lurch if they plan on doing any massive updates to the game. That said am I little curious as to how they got Infinity working on the Wii, I assume it's just the same game but a bit less graphically impressive

Same here- Something tells me the Wii version won't stay at retail price very long, being the lesser version I don't expect it to sell nearly as well as the others.

I'm certain that the series will continue to expand and new DLC & games will be released ala Skylanders, but I'm guessing that, like Skylanders, a majority of fans will play the game for about 6-12 months then loose interest. I see a ton of used Skylanders stuff out there, Craigslist and the local game shop have a pretty steady stream of figurines and copies of the games (which I suspect mostly come from as kids get bored or outgrow the game).

If the Wii version is good enough to just stay occupied for 12 months... I'll wait it out, pick up that one on clearance and maybe even score some figures on Black Friday or something. I'm interested in the game, but not $350 interested :)

The TRU-exclusive discs are timed exclusives. They all will release eventually in waves 2 and 3.

Ummm its that 50% off is only online at walmart.com I tried going in and they wouldn't price match it. Brick and mortar is still normal ass expensive prices.

Go to Target...they will price match any active online price of direct competitor or print ad (they had iPads at customer service specifically for this purpose)...Works out great during B2G1 offers they always have a couple times a year as you can combine the price match with the offer....

B-Dex

I hope a fix is deployed for PS3 today. Not happy having this expensive paperweight taunting me all day since I have today off.

I can confirm this. No idea why is being bandied about as a solution. Makes me think an actual solution is a long way off.

Based on the info they gave on their facebook page, it might not require a new patch but rather fix some server side stuff. At least the new patch won't need to be approved by Sony. Should significantly speed up the time to resolve.

We have learned that there is a network issue related to the 1.01 patch for the PlayStation 3 version of Disney Infinity. This is not a software-related issue, and we are working to resolve this as quickly as possible. Players with the PlayStation 3 version of Disney Infinity are still able to play single-player and multi-player co-op modes of the game by removing the patch and turning off their Playstation's network communications. These instructions can be found below. We are working diligently to resolve the issue and will update you as soon as we have more information.

I really think Infinity 2 is going to be more relaxed about allowing figures into other playsets. If the Toy Box mode doesn't take off like Disney is hoping all these extra figures won't be as fun. With these Adventure games they already say you can't have cars in certain games so all they need to do with playsets is allow humanoids in some and cars / animals in others.

I know they aren't thinking that way now but who knows about the future.

And is it wrong I won't (Ferb? the blue penguin one) without ever having seen the show. He just looks cool.

Top Bottom