• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney Infinity |OT| Where Worlds Collide

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
OK, I'll be updating the spreadsheet as well, but for anyone interested:

Have:
1x BOLT'S SUPER STRENGTH
1x FIX IT FELIX'S REPAIR POWER
2x C.H.R.O.M.E.'S ARMOR SHIELD
3x PIECES OF EIGHT
1x KING CANDY'S DESSERT

Wants:
MICKEY'S CAR
CINDERELLA'S COACH
KAHN
STITCH'S BLASTER
CARL FREDRICKSEN'S CANE
KING CANDY'S DESSERT TOPPINGS
SUGAR RUSH SKY
ALICE'S WONDERLAND
TULGEY WOOD
MARLIN'S REEF
NEMO'S SEASCAPE
RAPUNZEL'S KINGDOM
RAPUNZEL'S BIRTHDAY SKY
Dumbo (ride) (rare)
Buzz Lightyear Astro Blaster (rare)
Abu (as an elephant) (rare)

I have a bunch of packs coming in the mail soon, so these will change. I have some folks who want to buy the extras, but if there are any trades available first, I'd rather go that route to complete my collection!

Game looked pretty cool at the demo I saw yesterday. Still not going to pick it up until Mickey Mouse and Jack Skellington figures release. Hoping for the older animation franchises too.

Dodecagon

works for a research lab making 6 figures
--For power pack buyers--

Protip: You can clearly feel whether the power packs hold hexagonal or round pieces through the packaging. More importantly though, you can feel the unique texturing on the holographic rares too!

--For power pack buyers--

Protip: You can clearly feel whether the power packs hold hexagonal or round pieces through the packaging. More importantly though, you can feel the unique texturing on the holographic rares too!

Yeah the key is finding somewhere they haven't already been felt up.

This is what I am running into my son is playing characters under his profile on wii u and when I log in with my profile and try and use same characters it asks me to take ownership and doing that erases what's on there

Has anyone found any way around this? If not this is so short sighted I don't know where to begin.

Ugh, nothing but problems with my account so far. Registered and chose a display name. Earlier in the day it said it was going through approval, but now it appears that I no longer have a display name pending approval and my actual name is the temporary one. There's zero chance the name I chose could have been flagged for anything inappropriate. On top of that, I initially created an account [blahblah]@email.com, but this time when I logged in I used just [blahblah], and apparently now I have two seperate Infinity accounts, one with the @email.com and one without? And neither have the name pending... what in the hell

I believe from what someone said above, the figure stores it's own data locally re: level, etc. So, it is literally a single person's character in the game.

Damn it! Amazon sent my game and a bunch of other stuff to my house via the USPS. When tracking my package just now they said they made an attempt of delivery to my house an hour ago and left a notice. There is no notice and I've been home for the last 3 hours. They clearly lied and just decided to call it an early night. The problem is that USPS is closed now and I can't call and complain to them!

RobbieNick

Well, I went to Target and the trick for finding rares worked. but my luck was still bad in a funny way.

I bought two packs with a rare in them. First pack was Buzz Lightyear Astro Blast car and a Bolt power-up I hadn't gotten yet! Yaaay! Second pack? The exact same thing.

So my repeats now are

1 Buzz Lightyear Astro Car
1 Bolt power up
1 Mulan horse
2 Rapunzel Lantern Sky
1 Fix-It Felix power up
1 Finn McMissle power up

Will trade Buzz for one other rare or two commons ones I need are...

Mike's new car (I don't consider that one rare as everyone at TrU who bought them bought multiples.)
Abu as an Elephant
Sugar Rush Ground texture
Finding Nemo ground texture
Dumbo Ride (Will trade Buzz and one common for that one)

PM me for trades, will PM back after work late tonight.

PS does doubling up on power ups work?

TheGrue

So yesterday I had deleted the 1.01 patch to be able to play on PS3 and I remember when reading the process, which I followed, that it would supposedly keep prompting to download the patch. Well, it doesn't, Not even when I first launch the game. Did they pull the patch? If not, how can I get it to force the download?

Heyyy heads up to everyone doing the Power Discs. Apparently they work through the packaging or something, so you could check them at home in the Toy Box and then return them unopened if they're dupes? Haven't tried it myself though.

Has anyone tried using an unopened packet on the in-store 'portal' to see if it scans the items inside?

Otherwise you could buy a bunch of packets, put them unopened on your portal to see what they contain, and return any unwanted ones.

TheGrue

I could have sworn the PS3 version showed that it was 1.01 somewhere, but not seeing it. Maybe that means I'm 1.00, but like I mentioned, it never prompts me to download the 1.01 patch, like it thinks I am patched already even though I am not or they took it down.

Whatever the case, it just freezes constantly now when I am trying to play. However, the 1.01 data file is not showing up. What a mess.

Looking at the game files, the characters that will get crystal variants are: (Looks like just one from each series)
Buzz Lightyear
Jack Sparrow
Lone Ranger
Lightning McQueen
Mickey Mouse
Mr. Incredible
Perry
Sully

And oddly enough, it seems there's also a second variant of Buzz Lightyear that will glow.

I could have sworn the PS3 version showed that it was 1.01 somewhere, but not seeing it. Maybe that means I'm 1.00, but like I mentioned, it never prompts me to download the 1.01 patch, like it thinks I am patched already even though I am not or they took it down.

Whatever the case, it just freezes constantly now when I am trying to play. However, the 1.01 data file is not showing up. What a mess.

The patch was pulled early this morning while they work on server issues.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
You know what sucks about blind buys? I'm just as friggin unlucky with them as I am everything else luck based.

I now have extras

Kahn
Mickey's Car x 3
Nemo Skybox
Cinderella's Carriage

Will post to spreadsheet. Still need a ton.

TheGrue

The patch was pulled early this morning while they work on server issues.

Well, the bad part is I thought the patch was supposed to cause the freezing issues. I'm still getting them. :(

I think for the sake of my blood pressure, I am going to let this game sit for a few days until they get all this worked out.

Milchjon

BSETTahCEAEgyXy.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/kobunheat/status/369599127497089024

No a lot of the ones I got were both flipped outward. So you can feel both sides on alot if them. I suppose if one was the other direction you could but its still not right. I just don't want to keep trying if that pool is already dried up.
... I'm going to stop by toys r us today and help fund this franchise I guess.

Well, the bad part is I thought the patch was supposed to cause the freezing issues. I'm still getting them. :(

I think for the sake of my blood pressure, I am going to let this game sit for a few days until they get all this worked out.
Sorry if this is rude, but you know how to look at the game data files and game install files to know if you already have the patch and such?

Triz

I contacted Disney Support yesterday with all the PS3 issues. They replied today with the generic fix they had on their facebook page. I then replied with the whole Corrupt save issues their fix causes. Ill update their response if its not as generic as the first.

I contacted Disney Support yesterday with all the PS3 issues. They replied today with the generic fix they had on their facebook page. I then replied with the whole Corrupt save issues their fix causes. Ill update their response if its not as generic as the first.

This whole PS3 thing is a little crazy. How did this happen?

B-Dex

This whole PS3 thing is a little crazy. How did this happen?

Because clearly they had a deadline. Made some bogus day 1 patch to say they fixed the errors but some oddity occurred and they're "working on it".

I am not impressed. It's not like the game and figures were cheap either. Sitting on 100$+ of product that is unusable for 2 days now.

Double D

Came home from work to find out my wife got the kids the remaining figures and the Cars playset. I was going to slow roll this a little bit but whatever.

Triz

They confirmed in my email that they know their ps3 "fix" causes the corrupt saves. But offer no solution. Rage toward them us justified.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Saw 2 dudes feeling up all the packs at the local Target today, asking the person on the other end what certain things were going for. I'm guessing it was an ebay thing or something. Pretty gross.

Fuck this noise. I want a full collection to play with. It's disgusting how people try and make money on stuff like this.

E: Wow, eBay prices are dumb right now for these rare discs.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Just saw a commercial on UK TV for this. It only advertises the Wii U version, (starts with the Wii U logo and everything) and makes no mention of the game being available on other formats.

TheGrue

Sorry if this is rude, but you know how to look at the game data files and game install files to know if you already have the patch and such?

Yeah I do. The thing that was throwing me off was that it wasn't asking me to patch again. So I thought maybe somehow something was borked.

DarkWish

How are people storing their figures? I don't have much shelf space, so I'm trying to find something.

Also, is there any way to make the base wireless? Is there an adapter or something? Would be amazing to have it next to my bed with my Wii U GamePad so I can play at night with Off-TV Play.

Top Bottom