• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney Infinity |OT| Where Worlds Collide

Rootbeer

Banned
I'm just going to acquire the figures slowly over time as sales pop up.

I just got both the villains and sidekicks pack on amazon for $15/ea w/ prime shipping.

Earlier today only sidekicks was $15, but as of now both are

Would the Cars set be worth $20 (amazon price right now) if I don't really care for the franchise? The levels may still be fun and the toybox unlockables... I need help deciding

but yeah i'm mostly just interested in incredibles, pirates, monsters, toy story... i hope we do get some more worlds though

If the toy story world is the last one then I'm rather disappointed in the number of worlds accessible :/

Anyway, BLEH now I have to decide rather violet is worth getting now or should I just wait for that 3 pack... siiigh :p

I bet they'll do a 3 pack with dash, ralph and... who else? maybe woodie since he's not in the toy story playset?

Mr Jared

Question!

I unlocked a bicycle in Monsters U, but it's not showing up in my Toy Box. Is there something special you have to do to bring that stuff in? I want to make Mike Wazowski's Pro BMX already.

B-Dex

Question!

I unlocked a bicycle in Monsters U, but it's not showing up in my Toy Box. Is there something special you have to do to bring that stuff in? I want to make Mike Wazowski's Pro BMX already.

Buy it in the Toy Store in the Monsters U playset.

Rootbeer

Banned
okay guys amazon has some good deals going right now

they have both lone ranger and cars playsets for $20

both character packs (villains and sidekicks) for $15

I know these are just price matches but if you don't want to go fight with your local store to price match, they're good options

i caved and bought them all, so now I have most of the stuff (just need to start hunting for those discs... gonna hit up TRU again tomorrow and hope they got some stuff in)

B-Dex

That's the thing. I totally did that. Press Back/Select > Toy Store > Purchase? I can place it in Monsters U, just not the Toy Box.

Did it get delivered and opened in Monsters U? (That's the only thing I can think of. My horses from Lone Ranger showed up fine in the toybox.)

Shadownet

Banned
Yes, yes it does. Which play set are you noticing it on? In the Toy Box, too? I noticed it most on the cars play set.

The only playset I played so far is the Incredibles and Pirates. I barely even touch Toy Box mode so I can't confirm that.

But it's really bad on the Incredibles. Especially when there is a lot of explosions and coins on the screen.

I think it went down to probably 20fps. Feel like I was playing an early ps3 game..

I hope they smooth it out soon. Otherwise I might only play single player from now on..

Shadownet

Banned
Saw 2 dudes feeling up all the packs at the local Target today, asking the person on the other end what certain things were going for. I'm guessing it was an ebay thing or something. Pretty gross.

I'll admit I was feeling mine up too. But only because I wanted the Buzz one, that was the only one left I was missing. I'm not planning on selling any of mine unless its too another Gaffer for like a buck or two.

Does that mean I'm a bad guy too..? :3

Awesome, I will try that tomorrow. Thank you!

EDIT: On the Disney Infinity Fans forum, the user "Sheriff Woody" posted the Frozen pack that Mockingbird posted above, as well as a "Girl Power Pack" that has the already released Violet and also Vanellope and Rapunzel:
disney_infinity_girl_power_pack.jpg

Yes, Vanellope and Rapunzel will be released either individually and/or in packs. So if you have Violet, you won't have to buy her again to get the other ones.

Awesome! Love Venelope. Love Rapunzel too, although that picture of her face doesn't quite look right.

IGetBiddies

Neo Member
Awesome, I bought this to play with my wife and the first thing she said was that there were no Disney princesses and not many girl characters in general. You'd think they'd have Ariel, Jasmine, Cinderella, etc to appeal to the girls.

Mr Jared

Did it get delivered and opened in Monsters U? (That's the only thing I can think of. My horses from Lone Ranger showed up fine in the toybox.)

Yeah, I remember opening the package. Also, stuff from Incredibles doesn't appear to be showing. I'm tempted to just nuke my progress and start over.

oti

Banned
Wii U Pro Controller is being patched in, but how about the old Wii Pro Controller? That thing that one connects to a WiiMote? Does that thing work? Would be enough for my needs.

Rootbeer

Banned
Cars and lone ranger are 17.99 at target

yeah and i went yesterday and they were sold out. target had everything BUT those, and my other target is a CityTarget and they don't price match regular target. Booo!

just went with amazon, $2 is not a dealbreaker on a $18 or $20 item for me in this case

I'm disappointed that the frozen set is just characters

The way this was pitched at first made it sounds like there would be frequent new playsets added as they said it eliminates the need for separate tie in games

I hope they don't get lazy with this and give it the support it needs

I think we are all waiting for the classics as well and Disney know this, I could see them having a big release for it in the future

Yeah, this whole discovery of what's actually coming is pretty disappointing. As far as can be seen, the only other playset coming out is Toy Story (in October) until the next Infinity game, which would presumably be another 9 months-1 year away.

I really don't think just releasing more characters that only work on Toy Box is going to be enough. I expected we'd see a new Playset out every 3 or so months.

Foshy

Got this in the mail today :) EU PS3 owner here. There was no patch available on game start, I still didn't connect to the Disney Network in-game though just to be sure. I hope we'll get an official word about the save bug issues being fixed soon.

Started the Jack Sparrow campaign and did some Toy box tutorials, it's pretty fun! Some framedrops here and there, unfortunately, I hope performance gets fixed a bit in an update.

AGoodODST

Well, not every console is connected to the internet, and the people buying this might not be the most tech savvy. Also, there's the Wii supported still in this version.

I'm sure they could put a disclaimer on the box. And didn't they come out and say they wii wont receive the same support as the other versions? Sure I read that somewhere.

You do have a point though. I imagine people would still make a mistake even if it did have a warning on the box.

ryanmac

Banned
I have these for trade if anyone is interested:

Toys R' Us Exclusive MIKE'S CAR

RAPUNZEL'S KINGDOM DISC 16 OF 20

SUGAR RUSH SKY DISC 11 OF 20

Shancake

So depressing that all of you are in America. Already have doubles to trade. If anyone in Australia wants to trade power discs then on me.

So far I think the Lone Ranger playset is the best of the bunch. It feels like a real game in comparison to the Incredible's playset.

Anyone have thoughts on Monsters Inc playset, yet?

ryanmac

Banned
So far I think the Lone Ranger playset is the best of the bunch. It feels like a real game in comparison to the Incredible's playset.

Anyone have thoughts on Monsters Inc playset, yet?

The Lone Ranger playset was the only one I didn't buy because I had no interest in the characters and didn't watch the movie.. hmmm

Awesome, I will try that tomorrow. Thank you!

EDIT: On the Disney Infinity Fans forum, the user "Sheriff Woody" posted the Frozen pack that Mockingbird posted above, as well as a "Girl Power Pack" that has the already released Violet and also Vanellope and Rapunzel:
disney_infinity_girl_power_pack.jpg

Yes, Vanellope and Rapunzel will be released either individually and/or in packs. So if you have Violet, you won't have to buy her again to get the other ones.

shoot! My gf just bought me Violet and Dash so I could have the full Incredible family.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I'm glad they are going to push out an update, but I have no idea why it wasn't included from the start. It just boggles my mind since the controller is basically a 360 controller.

It seems that they were not even thinking about the Pro controller and the box print was a mistake and took them somehow by surprise. Maybe also the PS3 fiasco helped and they don't want another "scandal" so they will patch it in.

XShagrath

Has there been any official statement on when we can expect to start seeing user-made toy boxes available for download?
The "Submit to Disney" thing popped up when looking at what Toyboxes were available for download this morning. I don't remember it being there yesterday.

On a side note, is Randy/Randall not on the characters list on the Disney Infinity website?

Top Bottom