• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney Infinity |OT| Where Worlds Collide

Yaari

"The Crystal Figures are currently a US Only programme. However, we are
working with Disney to have something similar, but are unable to confirm
any lines at this time.

We will not be able to offer any Infinity Character Exclusives."

Bleh, bad news :(.

Surfheart

How long is the USB cable for the base, decent length?

Also, can anyone discuss the actual gameplay of the various sets? There gas been a lot if talk about the physical aspects if the game but not too much about the gameplay.

gotee12

How long is the USB cable for the base, decent length?

Also, can anyone discuss the actual gameplay of the various sets? There gas been a lot if talk about the physical aspects if the game but not too much about the gameplay.

USB cable length is 6 foot.

Just checked it shows back up to 30. :/

Any hope for studio ghilbi figures? Or to niche of market?

There won't be any new figures for Disney Infinity 1. The game assets are set in stone and there's nothing new left to reveal.
Rather than let hackers reveal surprises, they just outed everything at D23.

With DI2, hopefully not on the Wii, they can then move to a DLC model so they can hide assets until they're ready.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
There won't be any new figures for Disney Infinity 1. The game assets are set in stone and there's nothing new left to reveal.
Rather than let hackers reveal surprises, they just outed everything at D23.

With DI2, hopefully not on the Wii, they can then move to a DLC model so they can hide assets until they're ready.

One thing I worry about is when they reveal DI2 (and likely 3), how the Wii U will handle it. Thankfully, the figures and such are cross-platform. That means I could, in theory, get the game on a future system if I ever get it. PS4 with Vita off-screen would be heaven.

JohngPR

This is what I am running into my son is playing characters under his profile on wii u and when I log in with my profile and try and use same characters it asks me to take ownership and doing that erases what's on there

Huh.

When I play with the figures my son took ownership over, it lets me play as them but as a "guest".

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
I just unlocked the vault with all three characters in POTC

it spit out like over a dozen or so items for the toy box including POTC theme, POTC premade toy box, sunken ships, etc. a ton I content

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So which version would y'all say is the definitive one?

Wii U seems to get great praise for everything but co-op (frame rate).

360 seems OK as a whole. Probably not a bad buy, unless you intend to shelve your 360 when the XBONE comes out.

PS3 is the only one you should avoid.

Fantomex

I just unlocked the vault with all three characters in POTC

it spit out like over a dozen or so items for the toy box including POTC theme, POTC premade toy box, sunken ships, etc. a ton I content

Wait what? Explain unlocking characters.

I'm actually kinda disappointed if Toy Story is the last playset we get until a hypothetical DI2 :/

I also can't believe the state of the PS3 version after that two month delay they stuck the game with.

Lunzio

Wii U seems to get great praise for everything but co-op (frame rate).

360 seems OK as a whole. Probably not a bad buy, unless you intend to shelve your 360 when the XBONE comes out.

PS3 is the only one you should avoid.

Many, many thanks.

Seems like I'd go with the Wii U version whenever I decide to pick that up. Always so worried about the online presence with Nintendo, though.

Went to Target and their aisle was decimated. Asked the clerk if they had any extra Power Disc packs and he was keeping a box of them behind the counter.

Decided to try the "feeling up" trick everyone mentioned to see if I could find any rares. I must've felt 30 of them and none of them had ridges.

Either my luck is awful or the clerks already plundered all the rares. Still bought a few packs, maybe I'll get lucky and they're flipped inside??

I'm having no issues on the ps3 version logged out of PSN, with the patch installed. Just an FYI for PS3 only owners on the fence.

Great game so far. Much better 'gameplay' then Skylanders in my opinion. Actually enjoying this one with the wife..... playing skylanders feels like I'm doing her a favour. Its was neat but i never did enjoy it.

Fewr

Went to Target and their aisle was decimated. Asked the clerk if they had any extra Power Disc packs and he was keeping a box of them behind the counter.

Decided to try the "feeling up" trick everyone mentioned to see if I could find any rares. I must've felt 30 of them and none of them had ridges.

Either my luck is awful or the clerks already plundered all the rares. Still bought a few packs, maybe I'll get lucky and they're flipped inside??

What's this feeling up trick?

EDIT: Ah, I see.
http://www.disneyinfinityfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2111#sthash.iUycZt7c.dpbs
Hey all. Here are some quick tips when buying Power Discs from the blind packs.

You won't know what power disc you're exactly getting until you buy the pack and open it up, but these tips can at least help narrow it down.

-All these tips involve feeling the contents of the bag while at the store.
-If you're looking for a circular power disc, feel for a round edge on the disc. If you have a round edge, then you know you have 1 of the 4 circular power discs.
-If you're looking for one of the hexagonal power discs, feel for a pointy edge. Again, this will tell you that there's a hexagonal disc inside.
-If you're looking for one of the RARE hexagonal discs, use your finger nail and scratch around the center of the disc. The rare hexagonal discs are lenticular and have the scratchy center that changes when you move the disc around. The regular discs have a smooth center.

The packs can have 1 hexagonal 1 circular, 2 hexagonal, or 2 circular discs inside them. Also, you can have multiples of the circular discs for each character so getting 2 of the same circular disc is not totally bad.

(I found out the info on the rare disc idea from Stitch Kingdom, but I wish I knew this when shopping this morning. I'll probably try this next time I buy a Power Disc pack. I tried this out with Mike's Car which is classified as a RARE disc in the TRU-exclusive pack and scratching the center of that does work.)

Any other tips, feel free to post here. Thanks! :) - See more at: http://www.disneyinfinityfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2111#sthash.iUycZt7c.dpuf

Tiny415

Neo Member
Has anyone else had a power disk, not in this series, populate in the Hall of Heroes? I was playing tonight and I got the Tri-State area terrain. I just went through my disks and could not get it to populate in the Toy Box, so it is possible it was a bad read but found it interesting and thought I would share.

OuYCvA5.jpg

Captured it from my stream on Twitch

Yaari

Apparently they are going to enable the Wii U Pro Controller soon, this was supposedly confirmed on the Disney Infinity Facebook. I'll try to find said reply when I have more time, but that sounds good.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Seeing that capture makes me want Vanellope and Ralph so much more. And I hope SO hard they make an Alice in Wonderland set. <3

ReaperXL7

Man I want to buy this pretty badly, but considering my disc drive on my PS3 is busted its no go there. Its really weird to me that they have not announced plans for PS4, or Xbone versions of the game. Considering how important it seems to be for disney I would think they want it on everything. I guess I could just start buying sets, and disk packs, but I would want a to know they will work with next gen versions before doing so.

So turns out I just suck at the fingernail trick. I actually got Abu! Only need three more discs and I have all of them so far.

EXTRAS:

1x BOLT'S SUPER STRENGTH
1x C.H.R.O.M.E.'S ARMOR SHIELD
1x KHAN
1x STITCH'S BLASTER
1x ALICE'S WONDERLAND
1x CINDERELLA'S COACH

NEED:

NEMO'S SEASCAPE
Dumbo Flying Elephant Ride
Buzz Lightyear's Astro Blaster Vehicle

SmithnCo

Seeing that capture makes me want Vanellope and Ralph so much more. And I hope SO hard they make an Alice in Wonderland set. <3

Yeah, they are the figures I really want. Along with Rapunzel.

I wonder if they will use Big Hero 6 to start getting Marvel in this in 2014.

So how is trading in this tread going to work? Are we going to have a feedback google doc like the B/S/T thread? I want to swap with some people but I'm scared!

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So how is trading in this tread going to work? Are we going to have a google doc like the B/S/T thread? I want to swap with some people but I'm scared!

Quote to reveal!

I've set up one trade, going to try and set up 2-3 more to grab some of the textures I'm missing. GAF folks are more often trustworthy. :)

So how is trading in this tread going to work? Are we going to have a feedback google doc like the B/S/T thread? I want to swap with some people but I'm scared!

I think right now it's a "GAF'ers stick together because we're all awesome and wouldn't dare rip off another one because the retribution would be mighty" mentality.

DarkWish

So I'm kind of stuck in the Incredibles playset...

I'm at the part where you have to get the Omnidroid pieces or something scattered across town and bring them back to the research HQ. One of them is on top of a building and I can't figure out how to get to it. I can't climb the building or ones next to it. I can climb one across the street, but it's not high enough and gliding doesn't help either.

Any help with that?

On another note, so far I haven't even touched the Toy Box mode and I've played about 6 hours of the game I think. I've played the Incredibles playset the most and really liking it. The Cars one is pretty fun too, and I just started the Pirates of the Caribbean one which is neat. It's great how each one is unique in gameplay style, but their aesthetics all match the art style they're going for with Disney Infinity. I need to go get the rest of the figures now.

So I'm kind of stuck in the Incredibles playset...

I'm at the part where you have to get the Omnidroid pieces or something scattered across town and bring them back to the research HQ. One of them is on top of a building and I can't figure out how to get to it. I can't climb the building or ones next to it. I can climb one across the street, but it's not high enough and gliding doesn't help either.

Any help with that?

I had the same problem.

I ended up finding out that there's a massive office building nearby that allows you to wall jump up it. Basically in between window panes you can wall jump back and forth. From there you're super high up and can jump/hoverboard your way to that building.

DarkWish

I had the same problem.

I ended up finding out that there's a massive office building nearby that allows you to wall jump up it. Basically in between window panes you can wall jump back and forth. From there you're super high up and can jump/hoverboard your way to that building.

Awesome, I will try that tomorrow. Thank you!

EDIT: On the Disney Infinity Fans forum, the user "Sheriff Woody" posted the Frozen pack that Mockingbird posted above, as well as a "Girl Power Pack" that has the already released Violet and also Vanellope and Rapunzel:
disney_infinity_girl_power_pack.jpg

Yes, Vanellope and Rapunzel will be released either individually and/or in packs. So if you have Violet, you won't have to buy her again to get the other ones.

Have a few more power disc packs incoming that will hopefully round out wave 1. GAF, do you frown upon selling extras at cost to fellow GAF'ers if they want them?

So these "exclusive" discs are only timed exclusives, right?

I don't even understand how they'll be exclusive. Everyone thought the TRU packs would have multiples, but they only have Mike's car. Unless this second wave of discs aren't coming out until next year, and TRU will be rolling out a couple each month, I don't know how that'll work.

B-Dex

I fooled around in the toybox for a bit. I can see myself having tons of fun making things there. Once the PS3 version gets fixed. So I can have more stuff to build.

Awesome, I will try that tomorrow. Thank you!

EDIT: On the Disney Infinity Fans forum, the user "Sheriff Woody" posted the Frozen pack that Mockingbird posted above, as well as a "Girl Power Pack" that has the already released Violet and also Vanellope and Rapunzel:
disney_infinity_girl_power_pack.jpg

Yes, Vanellope and Rapunzel will be released either individually and/or in packs. So if you have Violet, you won't have to buy her again to get the other ones.

This is great. I'll hold off on buying Violet till this bundle comes out.

Imagine clueless parents buying a marvel playset and don't have Internet.

Never heard of either character. What are they from.

Disney's upcoming movie: Frozen (Also known as Anna and the Snow Queen (Japanese title))

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRJv1K28quE

So the frozen characters are pretty much only for toy box? Kind of lame. Future frozen playset will come with frozen figures, so the backward capability wouldn't really matter?

yes, this is how it is done in Skylanders. Yes for families with multiple saves/profiles (like Wii U, 360) it is a pain.

As for lots of "single characters" coming out, my guess is that Disney is REALLY counting on a lot of high quality toy box levels coming from the community for the time being. On top of that, myself and others are believing that Infinity 2 (or whatever) will be be/offer a more traditional Skylanders-like experience, allowing you to swap characters in and out of the game, etc. I mean it's the only logical answer, because as-is, the single characters don't hold a lot of appeal. They can't level quickly because they can't participate in playsets, and the built-in toy box stuff disney offers is only good for a few hours at most. I've been reading previews that have had pretty much full access to Disney/Avalanche for the game, and they all seem confident Disney has a really strong 5 year plan for the franchise. This leads me to believe that we aren't going to see Series 1 phased out with only access to series 1 content. My guess is, much more so than Skylanders, Series 1 will remain series 1 and on store shelves (for a time) and simply then work in Infinity 2.

also remember that the spin setup is REALLY well done. If there's a particular camera/item you want, you can keep shuffling until it comes up and then usually can grab it with typically less than 10 spins.

My kids play Skylanders with multiple saves without the need to erase the others stats, I think that is the difference. So mid game either kid can grab a Skylander that the other used and just play even though the stats might be different for their save. If a character dies (needs a rest) then the other person cannot use it either.

In that way Infinity is much different unless I misunderstand it.

Top Bottom