• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney Infinity |OT| Where Worlds Collide

Thanati

It is Skrillex Quest hidden power disc

I don't think I've ever heard of such a big release being so buggy at launch! And the PS3 version is a joke!

I'm just amazed IGN gave it such a high score when they usually mark every other game down when they are bugged.

Frazley

Is there a list somewhere of what round power disc combos do?
Only in the Prima guide. I am waiting for the Wikis to populate. I don't want to buy the guide.
I don't think I've ever heard of such a big release being so buggy at launch! And the PS3 version is a joke!

I'm just amazed IGN gave it such a high score when they usually mark every other game down when they are bugged.
There is a lot to this game. It isn't a simple game at all, so bugs are bound to pop up. This is a multiplatform game with tons of extra things it has to do.

Yes, Vanellope and Rapunzel will be released either individually and/or in packs. So if you have Violet, you won't have to buy her again to get the other ones.

Yes, but it will probably be cheaper to get this 3-pack than to buy single packs from Vanellope and Rapunzel, considering the current trend in prices.

So if I knew a 3-pack like this would be coming in the next months, I would not have bought the single pack Violet.

Besides, Vanellope should have come with Ralph, just like the Frozen 2-pack+discs. Now I have the feeling that Ralph will come in a 3-pack with Dash or something like that, turning some of my current purchases reduntant.

XShagrath

What is "Player Level" on the Infinity website? Says mine is Level 0, but I've got several characters up to Level 5. Or is this something that might be related to Toy Box? I haven't messed around in there too much yet.

My kids play Skylanders with multiple saves without the need to erase the others stats, I think that is the difference. So mid game either kid can grab a Skylander that the other used and just play even though the stats might be different for their save. If a character dies (needs a rest) then the other person cannot use it either.

In that way Infinity is much different unless I misunderstand it.

I think you are misundestood. I play Skylanders with my son too. I can do what you are descriging switching figures, but only because all savegames (I think there are 3 slots of savegames) are tied on the same Xbox Live account. I believe it will work the same in PS3 PSN.

What they are describing is the use of multiple profiles (Xbox Live and PSN). For that you will have to reset the figures when switching the profiles.

A family can play in a single profile using the multiple savegames, but the achievements/trophies (if you are in this kind of thing) are tied to a single account.

Infinity works the same as Skylanders.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
So, can I use the Classic Controller Pro w/ Wiimote on the Wii U version? Haven't tried to do so yet.

Nope. Only controller config that works on Wii U is Gamepad for player 1, and wiimote+nunchuk for player 2. They posted on Facebook (confirmed) that they are working on Wii U Pro Controller support.

My kids play Skylanders with multiple saves without the need to erase the others stats, I think that is the difference. So mid game either kid can grab a Skylander that the other used and just play even though the stats might be different for their save. If a character dies (needs a rest) then the other person cannot use it either.

In that way Infinity is much different unless I misunderstand it.

yeah, you are misunderstanding it. Skylanders and Disney work the exact same. The figures are "owned" by a single profile on a single console. As long as you are using the character in a save on the profile that owns the character, even multiple saves, everything is fine. If you login to a different save ON A DIFFERENT PROFILE (i.e. log out of the one profile, log into the other, load a new game) the figures will be in guest mode, same as Disney.

Of course in guest mode not much really changes.. You still get experience, get items, etc. I believe at most you don't get a statue/upgrade in hall of heroes, and I am not sure about the unlockables in the playsets (i.e. can guest figures open figure-specific chests, the playset vault, etc)

edit - and I still need to update the spreadsheet (can't do it at work) but my current extras are:

Kahn
Mickey's Car x 3
Nemo Skybox x 2
Cinderella's Carriage
Carl's Cane
Alice in Wonderland Skydome
Tangled Texture Set
Abu x 2

borghe

Oh, so I "think" I beat POTC last night, but... umm.. there wasn't really any "you beat the game!" Davy Jones sunk (is it REALLY a spoiler?!) I got control of the Kraken, and now there are no quests available that I can find except
turn your ship into the Black Pearl
. Am I missing something?

Also the POTC theme toy box they give you from the vault is pretty cool. I think it's an excellent example of what can be done with the toy box. Funny enough, I accidentally had my two wreck it ralph theme discs on there and it said "would you like to apply this theme?" I thought it was talking about POTC so I said yes, and the entire place was skinned with Sugar Rush... DOH!

can anyone confirm that they used the 20% coupon to buy the starter kit in store?

quite a drive there so wanted to make sure its honored and they dont claim its internet only

http://trus.imageg.net/graphics/media/trus/DP080213A_BTS2_Base.pdf

yes, used it. Just know that you can't use this AND the Buy One Get One 50% off. I mean the $15 is a bigger savings than you would get for 50% off anything but the playsets anyway (which are that price at target anyway).

Speaking of target, I've been to like 3 so far and all are cleaned out of the Lone Ranger set. FRAK! Overall Infinity seems to be selling really well though. Pretty glad about that.

ah thanks for confirming guys

man wife isnt gonna be happy, have so much VG junk in the house. she did not like my xillia CE figurine lol

Spirit3

This game man, it's just so charming. I had nothing but smiles on my face for the hour I played it. Am waiting for my gf to have time off to play through it with her. This might the first game she really gets into which is only a positive in my books.

Dodecagon

works for a research lab making 6 figures
For anyone who bought everything at TRU and realized later that the Lone Ranger set, and Cars set were half the price at Target. And/or forgot or didn't know about the 20% off the starter pack you can take your receipt with the coupon and Targets ad via your smart phone or a physical copy and they will refund you the difference. Just went back and got around $40 refunded.

TheGrue

Saw a tweet a few hours ago from John Vignocchi saying the PS3 fix is in QA. Right now the game is unplayable for me even without the patch in that if I load up the save where I actually got to play, it locks the game and corrupts the save. Will be interesting to see if the new patch allows me to use that save or if I have to start over fresh. We'd just lose a few hours of Pirates play.

XShagrath

They say the playsets are 4-6 hours or so, right? I'm at about 4 hours on Monsters University and I feel like I have a ways to go (I just got to the
paintball
section).

Is that 4-6 hours to run through it? Because I plan on getting all of the collectibles and Toy Box items in each set.

For anyone who bought everything at TRU and realized later that the Lone Ranger set, and Cars set were half the price at Target. And/or forgot or didn't know about the 20% off the starter pack you can take your receipt with the coupon and Targets ad via your smart phone or a physical copy and they will refund you the difference. Just went back and got around $40 refunded.

oh thats a good point, can I just take my printout

Saw a tweet a few hours ago from John Vignocchi saying the PS3 fix is in QA. Right now the game is unplayable for me even without the patch in that if I load up the save where I actually got to play, it locks the game and corrupts the save. Will be interesting to see if the new patch allows me to use that save or if I have to start over fresh. We'd just lose a few hours of Pirates play.

Yeah I'm in the same boat. I just want to play it and I have cars coming in the mail! I was thinking about swapping it for a Wii U version but I heard it has frame rate issues in Co-op.

Think they'll announce something at Gamescom?

borghe

They say the playsets are 4-6 hours or so, right? I'm at about 4 hours on Monsters University and I feel like I have a ways to go (I just got to the
paintball
section).

Is that 4-6 hours to run through it? Because I plan on getting all of the collectibles and Toy Box items in each set.

4-6 hours is definitely not "average" and/or not 100%.

I have about 8 hours in on POTC and still have a bunch of ship parts left I need, a few stars left, and I am pretty sure I haven't visited EVERY single last island in the playset (meaning I am missing toys probably)

Amneisac

Yeah I'm in the same boat. I just want to play it and I have cars coming in the mail! I was thinking about swapping it for a Wii U version but I heard it has frame rate issues in Co-op.

Think they'll announce something at Gamescom?

Does any version not have frame rate issues in co-op? I know the co-op frame rate on the Cars play set on 360 is pretty bad. I don't have any way of measuring it, but I think it's got to be like 15-20fps.

borghe

Does any version not have frame rate issues in co-op? I know the co-op frame rate on the Cars play set on 360 is pretty bad. I don't have any way of measuring it, but I think it's got to be like 15-20fps.

Frame rate issues are across the board. POTC open seas, co-op, etc. Can't really buy a version without frame rate issues.

I was playing incredibles and pirates Co-op on the PS3. Didn't have any frame rate problems. Maybe I didn't notice it. But I was under the impression Wii U version has the most frame rate issues.

ryanmac

Banned
I have these for trade if anyone is interested:

Toys R' Us Exclusive MIKE'S CAR

RAPUNZEL'S KINGDOM DISC 16 OF 20

SUGAR RUSH SKY DISC 11 OF 20

I had to edit this list... Disney Infinity's own website mixes up the images for Rapunzel's Sky and Rapunzel's Kingdom so I initially misidentified my disc. Strange.

ryanmac

Banned
Here's a question... do the toy parts you buy in the playsets translate into the Toy box? Because I haven't noticed that happening at all.

I think you are misundestood. I play Skylanders with my son too. I can do what you are descriging switching figures, but only because all savegames (I think there are 3 slots of savegames) are tied on the same Xbox Live account. I believe it will work the same in PS3 PSN.

What they are describing is the use of multiple profiles (Xbox Live and PSN). For that you will have to reset the figures when switching the profiles.

A family can play in a single profile using the multiple savegames, but the achievements/trophies (if you are in this kind of thing) are tied to a single account.

Infinity works the same as Skylanders.

Nope. Only controller config that works on Wii U is Gamepad for player 1, and wiimote+nunchuk for player 2. They posted on Facebook (confirmed) that they are working on Wii U Pro Controller support.

yeah, you are misunderstanding it. Skylanders and Disney work the exact same. The figures are "owned" by a single profile on a single console. As long as you are using the character in a save on the profile that owns the character, even multiple saves, everything is fine. If you login to a different save ON A DIFFERENT PROFILE (i.e. log out of the one profile, log into the other, load a new game) the figures will be in guest mode, same as Disney.

Of course in guest mode not much really changes.. You still get experience, get items, etc. I believe at most you don't get a statue/upgrade in hall of heroes, and I am not sure about the unlockables in the playsets (i.e. can guest figures open figure-specific chests, the playset vault, etc)

Thanks guys, guest access is fine.

So the additional figure without playset really can only be used in the Toybox correct? I can understand Cars but they couldn't program Mickey to work on the existing playsets for example? It's almost like why get a figure without a playset?

Anyway, my haul so far is:
Starter Pack w/Voilet and bonus Power Disc $74.99 Gamestop
Cars Playset $17.50 (price match @walmart)
Lone Ranger Playset $17.50 Target
Sidekicks 3 pack: $14.96 Walmart
Villains 3 pack $14.96 Walmart

I think that will do it until wave 2.

ugh denied use of coupon at target customer service "we dont take toys r us coupons" (printed one out that was posted above)

gonna have to drive a lot further to toys r us

can anyone comment on ps3 or 360 version having screen tearing or not?

I am thinking of getting 360 version based on PS3 issues, but I want to make sure that there is no screen tearing on 360 (or if there is, its also on PS3)

gotee12

This game man, it's just so charming. I had nothing but smiles on my face for the hour I played it. Am waiting for my gf to have time off to play through it with her. This might the first game she really gets into which is only a positive in my books.

My wife was very skeptical of this game (especially due to the investment). But after watching me play and then taking the controller herself, we were back at Toys R Us last night picking up a few more characters. I will say though that my wife and I are absolute fools for anything Disney related. Her reaction is probably far from the norm with most significant others...

borghe

I was playing incredibles and pirates Co-op on the PS3. Didn't have any frame rate problems. Maybe I didn't notice it. But I was under the impression Wii U version has the most frame rate issues.

I've seen videos. PS3 has frame rate drops. I think the disconnect here is "frame rate drops" vs. "horrible drops making it hard to play". But yes, all systems run under 30fps in local co-op.

prophecy0

My wife was very skeptical of this game (especially due to the investment). But after watching me play and then taking the controller herself, we were back at Toys R Us last night picking up a few more characters. I will say though that my wife and I are absolute fools for anything Disney related. Her reaction is probably far from the norm with most significant others...

I'm hoping for a similar reaction from my wife. She generally doesn't play any videogames, but we're both Disney fanatics. She watched me play through some of the Pirates playset on Sunday. I think once I get her to try co-op she might get hooked.

can anyone comment on ps3 or 360 version having screen tearing or not?

I am thinking of getting 360 version based on PS3 issues, but I want to make sure that there is no screen tearing on 360 (or if there is, its also on PS3)

There is some on the 360. I'm seeing alot on the hall of Heros. Not too much on toy box or in potc. Haven't played any other sets yet or split screen. I tried installing the game to the hard drive but it didn't solve the screen tearing...

gotee12

I'm hoping for a similar reaction from my wife. She generally doesn't play any videogames, but we're both Disney fanatics. She watched me play through some of the Pirates playset on Sunday. I think once I get her to try co-op she might get hooked.

What's been most shocking for me is that my wife has spent more time in the toy box than in the playsets. She is enjoying everything the game has to offer. She keeps bugging me on how to open more stuff in the hall of heroes (hence buying more toys last night).

It's a gateway drug for Disney fans...

Also,

JohnnyVDollarSigns.jpg

I wasn't originally going to pick this game up but rather admire from a distance in the same way that I did with Skylanders. The thing that put me over the edge of course is that it's Disney and thus it features something close to my heart.

I ended up picking up the starter pack, getting a $15 gift card from Walmart and then applying that to the discounted Cars playset. (They were sold out of The Lone Ranger unfortunately. Also for that matter I feel like I'm one of the only people who actually really enjoyed Cars...anyways.) I was really skeptical about how fun the game would actually end up being. I think a lot of that was due to the fact that most of the videos I had seen up to this point were from the opening moments of each playset where the person playing wasn't really completing missions or anything.

I've completed The Incredibles and Cars playsets and I've played about an hour of Pirates. I'm freaking in love with this game. In a way the game sort of taps into what I love about LEGO games. They're quite different but they both scratch a sort of completionist itch for me. I can't get over the tiny little townspeople in The Incredibles. It's the very little things that like that that totally sell the idea that everything in the game is a toy. The same goes for the animations in that Infinity captures the movements specific to each character really well.

It took me a while to get used to but I ended up really enjoying the driving with the Cars playset. I do wish there were more larger courses to race on like the ones that you get to later on. A lot of the races are around the town or just outside of town but then there's a couple larger tracks towards the end that are really fun to race on I think. I still have a to complete but the stunt park area looks like it'll be a lot of fun as well.

I was a little worried that I'd be overwhelmed with "you can't do this because you don't have this character" and while that is there I appreciate that it's not really in your face and there's massive amounts of content in the starter kit alone. Even though I only own Mr. Incredible I don't feel like I'm missing out because there's still plenty of things I can do. That said the game still makes me want to go out and buy more figures just to see what's in the vault for each playset. I think The Incredibles has an advantage as it seems like the differences between each character would be much more noticeable. Like I REALLY want to complete that figure set just so I can try out each of their specific powers.

As a weird aside the moment that really just captured me in a way that few games do was when I walked into the Hall of Heroes and this little miniature Kermit just walked on up to me and let out this little squeak which put the biggest smile on my face. (I then proceeded to pick him up, throw him off the ledge, and laugh as I watched his little parachute deploy.) I do hope one day we can have a huge collection of figures that really dig into Disney's catalog but I do appreciate seeing the little mini-figures in game representing characters that I love. (Kermit, Winnie the Pooh, Scrooge, etc.)

That got a little long and I don't normally post often but I've just been having so much fun with this. I told myself I wouldn't buy any more figures for a while but I'm having a hard time keeping that promise lol. I think the hardest part of this whole thing will be waiting for the Mickey Mouse figure in January. A lot of them are popping up on ebay and seem to be going for around $100 but I can't justify that sort of money.

Oh, the one thing I wish the game had that I don't believe it does is a better sense of item progression. I wish there was a way that I could view how many items I've collected from each playset and things like that.

Thanati

Only in the Prima guide. I am waiting for the Wikis to populate. I don't want to buy the guide.

There is a lot to this game. It isn't a simple game at all, so bugs are bound to pop up. This is a multiplatform game with tons of extra things it has to do.

You've got to e kidding me, right? The fact that the PS3 was unplayable is a joke. That alone is a simple QA issue that should have been tested. Then there was the Wii controller issue with the WiiU. Again, simple QA although i'm surprised that got through Nintendo's checks to be honest.

The countless bugs and glitches are also a joke and how are they going to fix them? you can't patch a Wii game, so they will be stuck with them.

Now, the fact that it is such a a big game should mean this should have been in a much better state that what it is.

Any GAF member could help me get the TRU exclusive power disc album??? I will pay any expense you may have, plus a reasonable handling fee.

I really do not want to feed the ebay scalpers.

PM me.

whyman

So my game (ps3) will probably come tomorrow or the next day. Is the ps3 version working if you dont install the patch or should i wait with playing it?

Curufinwe

I ordered the Sidekicks pack from Walmart and they sent me the Cars pack instead. It's worth more but I still have to go return it.

Yaari

Yeah Jack Skellington is also exclusive to a store apparently, for 2 weeks.

I bought the 2 3-Packs from Amazon.com and importing them is still cheaper than getting them in my own country, that is ridiculous.

Also there are now 300 Crystal McQueens on eBay. Still far above the retail price but I am glad that scalpers can't make easy money on them.

Top Bottom