• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney Infinity |OT| Where Worlds Collide

Shancake

Thinking of picking this up for my Nephews as they love messing around in sandbox games.

They aren't particularly proficient at games - is the Toy Box mode gonna be easy enough for them to figure out? Also, I know I need to get some matching figures if they want to play co-op in the story pack, but do they need them in Toy Box mode?

It's pretty unintuitive. My two nephews have a ball though!

AGoodODST

Would someone with the game mind explaining how the vault spin thing works?

Someone earlier was talking about saving them up so you can gurantee you get certain toys. How does that work?

Correct. I'd wait to use your spins until you have 16 available to you at all times. Nearly every time I try for one, the one I want is unlocked near the end the the board.

Sounds like you haven't seen it in action yet. There's basically 16 tiles and every "spin" picks a random tile. You can shuffle without penalty if none of them look appealing.

Yaari

No announcement of the special TRU 'crystal' variant of figures for us UK buyers. So I'm tempted just to take the plunge and get t shipped over from the US. Anyone hear anything different about a pending release or should I go ahead and grab one off ebay?

I know that I'll be paying over the odds but then the UK have already been stung anyhow looking at some of the sweet bargains the US guys are mentioning in this thread!

They won't be coming. Someone asked their TRU and it was confirmed to be a USA exclusive program. So we're out of luck pretty much.

AGoodODST

Correct. I'd wait to use your spins until you have 16 available to you at all times. Nearly every time I try for one, the one I want is unlocked near the end the the board.

Sounds like you haven't seen it in action yet. There's basically 16 tiles and every "spin" picks a random tile. You can shuffle without penalty if none of them look appealing.

I'm in Euroland so I have to wait for Friday, but I've seen a bunch of videos and they never seemed to go over this (maybe I just missed it), but thanks for clearing it up.

Man I'm hyped for Friday I just hope this is a commercial success and gets the support it needs to be a long term thing

I love disney and if this flops we might not see anymore games going forward

vinylmation did not click on me, although I think the star wars series are really cool (the only ones that interested me when I was at Disney last year). But this seems to urge my collection decease.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
2 questions.

1) Is there any reason to really use anything but 2x money discs? There are no XP boosts, so...

2) Has anyone experienced the game randomly re-registering your power discs during play? It's super annoying....

No announcement of the special TRU 'crystal' variant of figures for us UK buyers. So I'm tempted just to take the plunge and get t shipped over from the US. Anyone hear anything different about a pending release or should I go ahead and grab one off ebay?

I believe someone confirmed in this thread (twitter post) that the crystal figures are US-only and will not hit Europe.

And there will be a ton of crystal figures, one from each set/world.

Man I'm hyped for Friday I just hope this is a commercial success and gets the support it needs to be a long term thing

I've just bought the sidekick pack for my sister so she can play co-op with her partner and kids. I don't think this will be a commercial failure once it gets going, i mean i've bought the Starter Pack, Cars Playset, 'Mater, Francesco AND today the Sidekicks Pack!

I won't even get a look in as she's 150 miles away :(

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area

Early indications are that it's selling well during launch. I've been to a few stores for various pickups and racks look adequately picked through.

And I still can't find Lone Ranger at Target. Will have to price match soon.

XShagrath

2 questions.

1) Is there any reason to really use anything but 2x money discs? There are no XP boosts, so...
Pieces of Eight and Bolt's disc give you "Enemy Defeat Sparks", which gives you bonus sparks from defeating enemies. Might be useful in the Pirates/Incredibles/Lone Ranger sets. I'm doing Monsters U right now, so I probably need to switch to double money.

gotee12

2 questions.

2) Has anyone experienced the game randomly re-registering your power discs during play? It's super annoying....
1) I didn't know you could double disc effects. Cool.
2) my base did that. It drove me crazy trying to figure out what the problem was. It started with the problem you're referencing. Then it started having trouble reading more than two items on the base at once. Then it effectively died being unable to even read a single figure with no discs under it. I had to return my starter set and get another one. But thankfully they let me swap out my jack sparrow so that I didn't lose progress.

This game is so fun! Just finished jacks main story in 4.5 hours. Still need 7k to get the last two items from the toy store. I am really enjoying it so far!

Is it confirmed that you can read the power discs while they are still in the package using the base? I may check the packages I will get for doubles before opening them.

does cars get good later on?

There wasnt much novelty driving a car since I was just doing that in incredibles.

The town looks very sparse - does it get a lot more buildings etc?

The world itself seemed kinda bland and the natural courses uninteresting...

does cars get good later on?

There wasnt much novelty driving a car since I was just doing that in incredibles.

The town looks very sparse - does it get a lot more buildings etc?

The world itself seemed kinda bland and the natural courses uninteresting...

You open up a stunt park and there's a couple longer courses as well that I liked a lot more than the courses that are just driving around town.

ga11agh3r

Neo Member
I believe someone confirmed in this thread (twitter post) that the crystal figures are US-only and will not hit Europe.

And there will be a ton of crystal figures, one from each set/world.

Well that sucks :-(

This thing just got a WHOLE LOT more expensive for us OCD collector types in non US contries....

borghe

Is it confirmed that you can read the power discs while they are still in the package using the base? I may check the packages I will get for doubles before opening them.

yes it's been confirmed, but people have been reporting troubles with returning the packs to the store. YMMV

Have to say, I am really enjoying Incredibles despite all the reviews mentioning it as being a lower quality playset. I particularly like how you can mess up most of the buildings fronts.

Gives me a lego city vibe and I loved the 3DS game, def planning on getting it when I get a wiiu (waiting on x or price cut)

borghe

Which version has the best performance? Do any of them have v-sync?
all comparable. I've heard both PS3 and 360 have tearing. I haven't noticed it on Wii U but I'm not particularly good at noticing it (i.e. it doesn't really bug me)

Are there many crystal mcqueens left in the US?

VERY few. Yesterday I had zero stores with stock in 50 miles. Today I have one store with "low quantities" like 45 miles away.

Have to say, I am really enjoying Incredibles despite all the reviews mentioning it as being a lower quality playset. I particularly like how you can mess up most of the buildings fronts.

Gives me a lego city vibe and I loved the 3DS game, def planning on getting it when I get a wiiu (waiting on x or price cut)

biggest complaints I've heard are that the world is generic (which I agree with) and gameplay is shallow. My daughter and I played it for around 1.5 hours last night. Well.. sort of played it. tried getting as far as we could while she kind of struggled with the wiimote controls (god I hope they add Pro Controller soon) and well..... beating each other up CONSTANTLY. lol.

I do think with the time I've spent with it that POTC is MUCH better. The standout playsets so far apparently are Monsters U and surprisingly enough, Lone Ranger.

ElNino

VERY few. Yesterday I had zero stores with stock in 50 miles. Today I have one store with "low quantities" like 45 miles away.
Really? I was in my local Toys 'R Us yesterday (in Canada) and they had a lot of them on the shelf. I grabbed the Cars set but didn't get the crystal McQueen as I didn't want to get two of the same figure, but maybe I should stop by today to pick it up if it's going to be that rare.

Well I guess really a lot of the crystal figures should be on the hands of ebay scalpers. Not sure how many they can sell setting the price that right.

Does it normally take a few days for usernames to go through moderation? Mine has been pending for a couple days. I know it's probably fine to register my figures now but I'm kind of hesitant to until all the username stuff is sorted out.

Does it normally take a few days for usernames to go through moderation? Mine has been pending for a couple days. I know it's probably fine to register my figures now but I'm kind of hesitant to until all the username stuff is sorted out.

Yeah mine is the same way. Not sure when it will change.

Amneisac

Well I guess really a lot of the crystal figures should be on the hands of ebay scalpers. Not sure how many they can sell setting the price that right.

The world is a shitty place. My wife and I got to TRU at 8:00 a.m. Sunday and there was another family there that came in just behind us. Their kids flew past us with a cart as we were walking to the games section. We laughed and it was cool to see they were excited for the game. Well, their mom and dad also go trotting past us and I start to get a little suspicious (they have a cart). When we get there I see them shoveling shit into their cart.

The little girl looks at us as we walk around the corner and says to her parents quietly "There are other people here..." they kind of back off for a second and I grab the stuff we wanted and walk away. They keep grabbing the rest of it. There was still a crystal Lightning hanging on the wall (still shaking from where they had been grabbing them) but I left it.

It was pretty disappointing to see. Then I hear about all the people who are groping the power discs and buying them and scanning them and then returning them, etc. I don't personally give a shit about the power discs, so it doesn't really affect me, but it bums me out for people who do want to have a chance at a certain disc or want to buy a pack for their kids if they get a good grade or whatever. I don't know, I guess you can always just buy online.

when can I unlock the helicopter for incredibles?

I unlocked first bridge and made base etc. I saw a video explaining about the helipad but cant see where I can buy, its not in the toy box thing

Chairhome

This might be a dumb question, but I didn't see an answer so I'll try again. Using Dash when you're using wii remote and nunchuck, how do you activate his Dash ability? I tried every button and waggle and nothing worked. The manual (physical and digital) is abysmal.

This might be a dumb question, but I didn't see an answer so I'll try again. Using Dash when you're using wii remote and nunchuck, how do you activate his Dash ability? I tried every button and waggle and nothing worked. The manual (physical and digital) is abysmal.

ok sit down..this may be a shock to you.

But for what ever reason his super speed only works when not in the playset.

so go into toybox or hall of legends and use the button for whatever it is on the wii for making the sully scare and dash will take off using super speed.

this one little thing really almost made me want to get rid of it all.

Dragoshi1

ok sit down..this may be a shock to you.

But for what ever reason his super speed only works when not in the playset.

so go into toybox or hall of legends and use the button for whatever it is on the wii for making the sully scare and dash will take off using super speed.

this one little thing really almost made me want to get rid of it all.

Well, you unlock your Incredibles figures super power as you progress in the Incredibles playset.

My Violet couldn't turn invisible until I got the mission to earn it in the playset.

Top Bottom