• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney Infinity |OT| Where Worlds Collide

You might hate this... But this biggest thing you can unlock in each playset is the toy vault.. Which needs all characters. I did the POTC one and it gave me like half a dozen to a dozen toy box items.

On a brighter note I've been looking at empty power discs in hall of heroes. Electric Mayhem Bus and Pizza Planet Truck are both coming!! Also Stitch on a surfboard as a vehicle and Tron, NBX, and Frankenweenie texture sets and sky boxes (Frankenweenie is B&W!!!)

yeah, main thing I'm missing in those playsets are the vaults for the characters I don't own yet and their respective missions. Good to know that the main vault gives a lot of items though.

Rootbeer

Banned
Went to TRU and bought 8 packs through the Buy One Get One for $1 promo. Price was fine, but I got EIGHT doubles... actually some I have 3 of

I'm not sure I want to buy anymore after this. I'll still try to get all of the characters but these blind packs are a joke

Shancake

Went to TRU and bought 8 packs through the Buy One Get One for $1 promo. Price was fine, but I got EIGHT doubles... actually some I have 3 of

I'm not sure I want to buy anymore after this. I'll still try to get all of the characters but these blind packs are a joke

Trading is gonna be the best thing.

RobbieNick

You need a Sky power disc. Then just put it down on the Playset piece area.

I also got the Mosters U theme with sky. Looked online and found the only way to change the sky outside of the discs is to unlock the SKY CHANGER TOY! Dear God! Every fucking thing is unlock behind random slots!!

CookTrain

I've been having a look on YouTube and struggling to find something that gives a decent explanation. How does the online multiplayer work? Can you go through the playsets together? Or is it just for building in the Toybox mode?

RedAssedApe

Banned
how is this for 5 year olds? thinking about getting this for my niece since he's into disney stuff. mainly the princesses though lol only one i saw was rapunzel

I've been having a look on YouTube and struggling to find something that gives a decent explanation. How does the online multiplayer work? Can you go through the playsets together? Or is it just for building in the Toybox mode?

It's only Toybox, with friends online. No matchmaking or random lobbies. And no playsets online. I did notice that in older videos pre-release they usually said the playsets were online, so maybe it was cut and will come back in the future or the next Infinity game.

I've thought about going all in on this....just too many Pixar franchises I simply don't like. I'm only going to pick up the characters and packs I want, and only the power discs that interest me. Maybe if you guys get doubles or triples, you'd be willing to sell, but yeah.

Oh, Mickey's a definite buy too.

Shancake

Oh man, Frankenweenie textures will be awesome. I love this game.

Any idea how to get the Recognizer in-game?

Lilo surfboard is already available in Aus!

Anyone know what this does? Know it's one of the 10 limited edition so I can't find much info on it.

aeh4.jpg

CookTrain

It's only Toybox, with friends online. No matchmaking or random lobbies. And no playsets online. I did notice that in older videos pre-release they usually said the playsets were online, so maybe it was cut and will come back in the future or the next Infinity game.

Thanks for that explanation. That's a shame though, not sure I can apply enough peer pressure to get enough mates to buy their own sets, so I might have to sit it out for the first iteration.

Bought the starter pack for PS3 and got Violet as my free extra character from Asda in the UK, looks like I got in there just in time as they've removed the deal now, everyone seems to be raving about violet saying she's one of the better characters.

I'll see how much I enjoy it before jumping on anything else at the moment

XShagrath

Almost fully completed Monsters University at about 10 hours. The only things I have left to do are find a couple of the flags. I spent about 30 minutes last night looking for the last MU flag with no luck. Wish there was a map online or something I could look at.

Rootbeer

Banned
If anyone is on the fence about the Wii U version, I say get it... it looks beautiful and performs as good as expected. Not noticing any substantial slowdown. note: I haven't tried multiplayer at all and probably won't get the chance to

Surfheart

How would someone create a spawn point for player characters in toy box? I'm doing a 4 player puzzle game, and I want the players to spawn in different rooms.

I think there is a portal type toy?

you could set the portals as you like in each room, then link them with pressure pads that each player steps on to start the game.

Ok, I didn't realize there was only one story line per play set? I thought each character had thier own missions? I beat all the missions with jack and now there is nothing left for barbossa and davey jones to do except unlock vaults...

gotee12

Ok, I didn't realize there was only one story line per play set? I thought each character had thier own missions? I beat all the missions with jack and now there is nothing left for barbossa and davey jones to do except unlock vaults...

Yeah in the playset it's just a single storyline. In the toybox however, every figure has their on side mission, though I haven't tried any of them yet. I do plan on replaying playset missions with the various figures to get them leveled up. Finishing out the Hall of Heroes is strangely compelling...

Well it looks like my pre order won't come for release day tomorrow as its not despatched yet but I just got a pack of power discs through with a disney store order

Got fix it felixs hammer (not sure what that does) and Carl's cane

I think my obsession has started though I really want the tangled skybox so will keep buying when I find them but don't like doing the nail trick as I prefer the suspense

XShagrath

I got all 4 bikes. Go find Frat Row and do the quests there. You'll start to build up the neighborhood, including a lot of ramps and pools for the bike area. Once you do that you'll unlock a bunch of bike-based challenges, and from there you'll unlock the rest.
I got the last bike this morning. It was tied to the OK flags that are scattered around Frat Row. Now I'm just missing one MU flag, which will allow me to buy the Glow Urchin. I've scoured that area for over an hour with no luck!

Yeah in the playset it's just a single storyline. In the toybox however, every figure has their on side mission, though I haven't tried any of them yet. I do plan on replaying playset missions with the various figures to get them leveled up. Finishing out the Hall of Heroes is strangely compelling...

So if you reset the story does it reset everything you have unlocked in the toy box?

Amneisac

How robust can the levels be that are created in the Toy Box? Would anything ever be able to rival the play set levels? I'm not sure if it allows for actual 'mission' content with collectibles or anything like that. I'm mostly curious because if it doesn't, I feel like the appeal with this is going to wear off pretty quickly.

I'm not really sure that my wife or I will ever personally be interested in creating anything in the toy box mode, but if I can play good content created by other users then I could see that being worth it. I don't think we'd be as interested if it's just going to be kind of 'sandbox' mode stuff, though. We're both pretty organized / objective-based people!

I also think that makes me much less excited about collecting the characters or the play sets since I'll really only ever play through once most likely and then only ever use the characters again in the toy box. It isn't like I'll be able to bring Mr. Incredible into the Sword and the Stone play set in 2014 on PS4 (obviously that hasn't been announced and won't happen I'm just making an example of what would be cool to me).

Anyways, game is pretty fun, but I don't really like the power discs and I don't think I like the way they've chosen to organize/restrict the characters and content. Even now since I obviously own the portal and all that, I don't see myself ever spending $35 on a play set, that doesn't seem like a good value at all.

I guess with Skylanders it just feels different to us because the characters are the focus. For the most part the game is fun enough that you can play through the levels multiple times to get all three stars and the whole time you're knowing that you're building up your Skylanders and they'll be locked and loaded when the next game comes out. I think this appeals way more to me. Obviously this is just my personal taste, but I suppose I was hoping for something more like that with Infinity.

gotee12

So if you reset the story does it reset everything you have unlocked in the toy box?
I just started a new play through on PotC last night with Barbosa. All the toy capsules have reappeared and the stage has reset but it didn't look as though I had lost access to anything previously unlocked in the toy box.

I just started a new play through on PotC last night with Barbosa. All the toy capsules have reappeared and the stage has reset but it didn't look as though I had lost access to anything previously unlocked in the toy box.

Thanks! I may reset after I try the other ones. Some of those pirate missions are tricky, I do want to try to get every star though.

gatisimo

Does anyone know how to change the Disney ID in the Wii U version? I can't find the option for it anywhere. When we first bought the game, my wife registered an ID for the kids, but I'd rather use mine since it's what we use when we go to Disney and when I play the iOS game.

I tried deleting the save file, but that basically got rid of my progress and nothing else. I had to do that annoying beginning all over again.

Effect

So this talk of a Disney Infinity 2, is that suppose to be just a sequel game disc? New piece of hardware? Etc?

Are the playset adventures already on the game disc and just unlocked by the toys? Or is the game disc just the engine, assets, etc, and the toys have something in them that cause it to to generate a particular playset? Was never sure how it was actually working.

Any word on how the Wii U version is selling as well?

B-Dex

I also got the Mosters U theme with sky. Looked online and found the only way to change the sky outside of the discs is to unlock the SKY CHANGER TOY! Dear God! Every fucking thing is unlock behind random slots!!

Pretty sure sky changer is unlocked at the beginning along with the enemy one and the capsule one.

So this talk of a Disney Infinity 2, is that suppose to be just a sequel game disc? New piece of hardware? Etc?

Are the playset adventures already on the game disc and just unlocked by the toys? Or is the game disc just the engine, assets, etc, and the toys have something in them that cause it to to generate a particular playset? Was never sure how it was actually working.

Everything's on the disc. The toys just allow you to access the stuff.

Spiderduff

Im fairly certain I have beaten everything in Monsters University, but for some reason I have yet to unlock the glow urchin. Any help on this anyone?

XShagrath

Im fairly certain I have beaten everything in Monsters University, but for some reason I have yet to unlock the glow urchin. Any help on this anyone?
I'm in the same boat. You need to get all 20 MU flags for that to unlock. I'm stuck at 19 and scoured the level with no luck. The most common flag people miss is in the back of the main building. It's in the center in the back, and you drop off the top and then fall into this little crevice with a flag. Unfortunately, I already have that one, so have no idea which one I'm missing.

Spiderduff

I'm in the same boat. You need to get all 20 MU flags for that to unlock. I'm stuck at 19 and scoured the level with no luck. The most common flag people miss is in the back of the main building. It's in the center in the back, and you drop off the top and then fall into this little crevice with a flag. Unfortunately, I already have that one, so have no idea which one I'm missing.

I think that will be it. Im on 19 too. Why is there no show me feature for them damn flags...

I was thinking of getting this for my kids, which playsets are out right now? Are the 3 packs also considered as playsets or is it just the Lone Ranger, Cars, etc. playsets? I saw like the villains 3 pack, is that considered a playset?

XShagrath

I was thinking of getting this for my kids, which playsets are out right now? Are the 3 packs also considered as playsets or is it just the Lone Ranger, Cars, etc. playsets? I saw like the villains 3 pack, is that considered a playset?
The only playsets right now are Cars and Lone Ranger. The 3-packs are just a pack of three characters that gives you a discount over buying them individually.

Toy Story is the other playset coming out, and I believe that's it for the playsets. Everything else will just be extra characters for Toy Box mode.

Does anyone know how to change the Disney ID in the Wii U version? I can't find the option for it anywhere. When we first bought the game, my wife registered an ID for the kids, but I'd rather use mine since it's what we use when we go to Disney and when I play the iOS game.

I tried deleting the save file, but that basically got rid of my progress and nothing else. I had to do that annoying beginning all over again.

I emailed them yesterday about that since it won't let me ok his account to mine but I haven't heard anything yet

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
There are two toy capsules, red (in-playset) and green (toy box) as well as chests (toy box). Are the green capsules and toy box chests still there?

borghe

Disney Infinity 2 will be a new disc, and possibly also a new starter pack. Skylanders and Giants used the same portals, but now SwapForce needs a new portal (likely a new NFC chip because of the new stackable toys). Everything on Infinity 1 is in the disc and unlocks with the toys. Presumably the same will be for 2. Hoping anything that comes in a starter pack for 2 will be sold separately as well (i.e. figures)

And yes there is no DLC for these games because of Wii (not U). Hopefully by 2014 they stop releasing Wii versions and are then able to support DLC.

The only playsets right now are Cars and Lone Ranger. The 3-packs are just a pack of three characters that gives you a discount over buying them individually.

Toy Story is the other playset coming out, and I believe that's it for the playsets. Everything else will just be extra characters for Toy Box mode.

So if I were to buy an individual Incredibles character like Violet or from Monster's University, then my kids can play co-op in those respective worlds correct? Thanks

borghe

So if I were to buy an individual Incredibles character like Violet or from Monster's University, then my kids can play co-op in those respective worlds correct? Thanks
Yes however your best bet right now is the half off three packs. Each 3 pack on its own enables local coop on all of the included playsets. Half off at Walmart this week.

Top Bottom