• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney Infinity |OT| Where Worlds Collide

The world is a shitty place. My wife and I got to TRU at 8:00 a.m. Sunday and there was another family there that came in just behind us. Their kids flew past us with a cart as we were walking to the games section. We laughed and it was cool to see they were excited for the game. Well, their mom and dad also go trotting past us and I start to get a little suspicious (they have a cart). When we get there I see them shoveling shit into their cart.

The little girl looks at us as we walk around the corner and says to her parents quietly "There are other people here..." they kind of back off for a second and I grab the stuff we wanted and walk away. They keep grabbing the rest of it. There was still a crystal Lightning hanging on the wall (still shaking from where they had been grabbing them) but I left it.

It was pretty disappointing to see. Then I hear about all the people who are groping the power discs and buying them and scanning them and then returning them, etc. I don't personally give a shit about the power discs, so it doesn't really affect me, but it bums me out for people who do want to have a chance at a certain disc or want to buy a pack for their kids if they get a good grade or whatever. I don't know, I guess you can always just buy online.

110% agreed.

Those kind of people take the fun of it.

Riptwo

I apologize if this has been answered already, but are the tools required to reproduce the Pirates naval combat sections available in the toybox mode?

So, I started playing the Monsters U play set last night, I like it.

Also put some time into the Toy Box. I think the one downside to the current implementation of the Power Discs, are the ones that need to be on for items. Basically, I couldn't, say, ride an Abu elephant while shooting Stitch's blaster. I think it'd make more sense if you scanned them in, and they were either permanent additions (fraud concern) or they at least lasted per-session.

I think if you had to scan them all in each time you wanted them, and they lasted for the remainder of the Toy Box session, that'd be a good compromise.

SegaShack

Wow, my bad :) , what a joke, had no idea this was happening. I thought it was bad enough when Skylanders announced a new game every year but now Disney too? I think kids are going to pick one or the other and stick with it, it's just too expensive.

Now I'll just wait to see if Infinity 2 has any play sets/characters that I care about. So far, even though the game looks fun, I see the first release as Pixar and Johnny Depp Infinity.

TheGrue

I keep meaning to ask. There is some menu you can pull up and not sure what it does. I think it is L1 on the PS3 and it has some ring with pictures of your character on it. Any idea what this is for and what you can do with it? Do they ever explain in the game?

I keep meaning to ask. There is some menu you can pull up and not sure what it does. I think it is L1 on the PS3 and it has some ring with pictures of your character on it. Any idea what this is for and what you can do with it? Do they ever explain in the game?

I think in pirates you may be able to switch weapons.

oh but is there anything worth doing on the website? is that just for pc people when the game releases?

I think it is the same account you use to upload and download content in the toybox. So if your creation is choosen by Disney to be distributed, it would be named like "xxxx by username".

Now? Not really much to do.

It lets you choose between packs (say glider or hoverboard) and assign to the quick key (eg right arrow)

very clumsy implementation, I still am not used to it

Dragoshi1

How would someone create a spawn point for player characters in toy box? I'm doing a 4 player puzzle game, and I want the players to spawn in different rooms.

There's a cheap way to get levelled up posted on Kotaku (is that site banned?)

It involves placing a big fan and getting unlimited airtime to do stunts

Frazley

I am trying to decide on whether I need duplicate ability disks or not.

I am thinking since there will be plenty of waves, I'm going to just stick with 1 of everything. I need to decide since I already have 1 duplicate Bolt and don't want to use it if I'm going to trade it to keep it in great condition.

I know with co-op you can have two disks activated at once and two discs can work at the same time. Does the game acknowledge 2 discs on one player or just 1 and allow the effects of 2? Will alchemy change later on where to have two discs of a kind would create another effect? I'm also thinking for co-op, I may just do a first come first serve on abilities. Otherwise I'd need 2-4 discs.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I am trying to decide on whether I need duplicate ability disks or not.

I am thinking since there will be plenty of waves, I'm going to just stick with 1 of everything. I need to decide since I already have 1 duplicate Bolt and don't want to use it if I'm going to trade it to keep it in great condition.

I know with co-op you can have two disks activated at once and two discs can work at the same time. Does the game acknowledge 2 discs on one player or just 1 and allow the effects of 2? Will alchemy change later on where to have two discs of a kind would create another effect? I'm also thinking for co-op, I may just do a first come first serve on abilities. Otherwise I'd need 2-4 discs.

I'm working to keep 2 of each ability and just have 1 of the "stuff".

Chairhome

ok sit down..this may be a shock to you.

But for what ever reason his super speed only works when not in the playset.

so go into toybox or hall of legends and use the button for whatever it is on the wii for making the sully scare and dash will take off using super speed.

this one little thing really almost made me want to get rid of it all.

Well, you unlock your Incredibles figures super power as you progress in the Incredibles playset.

My Violet couldn't turn invisible until I got the mission to earn it in the playset.

Thank you. I did remember doing Dash's dash in the toybox but not the playset for some reason. I'm at the "training mission" part of the playset with my son (for a second time... he erased the file after we had passed this part before), so we're right there. Thanks!

whyman

Is it possible to create a race track that actually counts laps and winners or stuff like that? The toy box seems so limited to me.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Is it possible to create a race track that actually counts laps and winners or stuff like that? The toy box seems so limited to me.

I remember seeing an item that keeps track of enemy kills and items collected, so that may be a possibility.

Unfortunately I didn't get it before I switched the items, but I DID get a Scrooge McDuck Costume and his Money Bin in one go!

Frazley

I'm working to keep 2 of each ability and just have 1 of the "stuff".
Thanks for confirming my idea. Plus, the guide says 2 stacks can be useful. I'm aiming for 2-4 of each ability. To allow for coop as well. Won't go out of my way to get 4, but this way I won't feel bad about dupes.

Bought the Sidekick pack for 15 on amazon, then gonna wait for 50 dollars for a starter kit, or until the Rapunzel Girl set is released.

Oh, and definitely will get the Pumpkin King too.

Surfheart

I have a question about the toy capsules you find in the playsets.

When you find and unlock them in the world, are they immediately available in the toy box or do they go into the vault and are only available if you land on them with a spin?

The lack of info about how some of the game works is kinda crazy.

Xander51

So, how did this game get out of development with you not able to bring any character into any playset?

As the playsets are designed around specific IPs/characters/abilities, that would have either broken them or required a much larger amount of time and work.

RobbieNick

SCANNING THE BLIND PACK TRICK WORKS! (Kinda, sorta)

Just got home with two rares. Both are Abu Elephant with Bolt power up (I'm starting to think there's only one kind of rare per store). I didn't open them. Instead, I placed The hexagonal side on the Infinity base and it said "Error only one disc at a time please" BUT dropped Abu in the game for a second. Same with the second pack. So it works!

TRADE ALERT! I was gonna return the unopened pack, HOWEVER, I'm willing to trade on this one so it's...

HAVE EXTRA

Abu (RARE) and Bolt Unopened pack.

2X Bolt
2X Tangled Lantern Sky
1 Fix-It Felix
1 Mulan horse

NEED

King Kandy's Dessert Toppings (Floor Texture) Really want this one
Mike's New Car
Malin's Reef.

Mr Jared

Has anyone unlocked the bicycles from Monsters University in their Toy Box? Trying to figure out if it's just me who's having this issue :(

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
What is the "scanning the blind bag" trick? I put one on the demo station and it just brought up a generic power disk video.

RobbieNick

They take them back? What reason do you give?

Why would they not return it if it's not been opened? I'm saying you scan them without opening the bags. Unless there's some kind of policy with packs/trading cards that are not returnable even if unopened.

Remember, I'm saying SCAN them without opening the package.

kunonabi

So, I started playing the Monsters U play set last night, I like it.

Also put some time into the Toy Box. I think the one downside to the current implementation of the Power Discs, are the ones that need to be on for items. Basically, I couldn't, say, ride an Abu elephant while shooting Stitch's blaster. I think it'd make more sense if you scanned them in, and they were either permanent additions (fraud concern) or they at least lasted per-session.

I think if you had to scan them all in each time you wanted them, and they lasted for the remainder of the Toy Box session, that'd be a good compromise.

that's how they work? i'm definitely skipping them now.

Surfheart

Another question, I started a new game of a playset and noticed that the toy capsules that I had already collected were there again, does that mean I need to collect them again in order for them to be available in the toy box?

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
What's the 3DS version like? I know Skylanders 3DS was more of a platformer than a dungeon crawler. How does 3DS Infinity stack up?

XShagrath

Has anyone unlocked the bicycles from Monsters University in their Toy Box? Trying to figure out if it's just me who's having this issue :(
I unlocked three of them (one each for Sully, Mike and Randy). I don't remember exactly how, but the first one showed up pretty early on in the first zone.

My question is, has anyone unlocked the fourth bike? Or is that perhaps tied to another Monsters toy that's not out? I think I only have one challenge left to do, and it doesn't seem like one that'll unlock a bike. I've also got another couple toys in there that I haven't unlocked yet either. Do you just have to keep grinding challenges over and over to unlock the last few things?

I wish there was a way to tell how many capsules you've found in each playset. I THINK I've found all the capsules in Cars and Incredibles (pending any extra stuff from the characters I don't own) but I don't think there's really any way to know if there's something I'm missing.

Mr Jared

I unlocked three of them (one each for Sully, Mike and Randy). I don't remember exactly how, but the first one showed up pretty early on in the first zone.

My question is, has anyone unlocked the fourth bike? Or is that perhaps tied to another Monsters toy that's not out? I think I only have one challenge left to do, and it doesn't seem like one that'll unlock a bike. I've also got another couple toys in there that I haven't unlocked yet either. Do you just have to keep grinding challenges over and over to unlock the last few things?

Yeah, but does it show up in your Toy Box outside of Monsters U?

I got all 4 bikes. Go find Frat Row and do the quests there. You'll start to build up the neighborhood, including a lot of ramps and pools for the bike area. Once you do that you'll unlock a bunch of bike-based challenges, and from there you'll unlock the rest.

Is it worth getting all the playsets or getting characters more first? People keep taking about Dash and Violet being the best of the first batch but annoyingly they are single only (till the girls pack comes out at least in case of Violet...)

The UK is sorely lacking in good release-day deals so far. Asda have best prices but that's not really saying much.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
I wish there was a way to tell how many capsules you've found in each playset. I THINK I've found all the capsules in Cars and Incredibles (pending any extra stuff from the characters I don't own) but I don't think there's really any way to know if there's something I'm missing.
You might hate this... But this biggest thing you can unlock in each playset is the toy vault.. Which needs all characters. I did the POTC one and it gave me like half a dozen to a dozen toy box items.

On a brighter note I've been looking at empty power discs in hall of heroes. Electric Mayhem Bus and Pizza Planet Truck are both coming!! Also Stitch on a surfboard as a vehicle and Tron, NBX, and Frankenweenie texture sets and sky boxes (Frankenweenie is B&W!!!)

You might hate this... But this biggest thing you can unlock in each playset is the toy vault.. Which needs all characters. I did the POTC one and it gave me like half a dozen to a dozen toy box items.

On a brighter note I've been looking at empty power discs in hall of heroes. Electric Mayhem Bus and Pizza Planet Truck are both coming!! Also Stitch on a surfboard as a vehicle and Tron, NBX, and Frankenweenie texture sets and sky boxes (Frankenweenie is B&W!!!)

Oh man, Frankenweenie textures will be awesome. I love this game.

Any idea how to get the Recognizer in-game?

Top Bottom