• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney Infinity |OT| Where Worlds Collide

Not quite as good as this week's sales, but Target's gonna have B2G1 on individual figs next week.
Buy 1 get 1 50% = 75% per character
Buy 2 get 1 100% = 66% per character

target deal is actually a little better than TRU (for single characters). TRU had the great bonus of mix and match with anything DI related (me and a mom did the deal with two copies of the game then split the price).

I got my haul today:

ubdr.jpg

But I have to say I am really disapointed with the power disc thing. They are really cheap and should be priced according. I got 10 normal packs plus 2 TRU exclusive and tons of doubles inside (I think I got 5 Carl's cane! - Got 2 rare Buzz however).

What also botters me is that since the discs come loose inside the package almost all of them are scratched, some very badly. Some of the labels are also misplaced (I got one that the label is almost over the edge of the disc).

The discs should not cost more than $0.99 each. At US$ 5.95 for a 2-pack it is a steal. Over hourse armor level steal.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Glanced at the prima guide. May still order. Cool thing I found is what stars are used for.
They level your Hall of Heroes.
So at least some fun for getting them. The guide does have basics for toy box building which might be nice.

Buy 1 get 1 50% = 75% per character
Buy 2 get 1 100% = 66% per character

target deal is actually a little better than TRU (for single characters). TRU had the great bonus of mix and match with anything DI related (me and a mom did the deal with two copies of the game then split the price).

It's a lot better since you don't really need to buy three figures. Target gives you the discounted return value when you return any item. So you can buy three, and return two figures and the one you keep still ends up being 1/3rd off.

So I decided to mess around with Toy Box for a little bit just using some of the stuff I've unlocked so far. Made a track and just put up some random scenery.

Took the pics with my phone so not great quality. No idea how I'd make it count laps but still learning.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So I decided to mess around with Toy Box for a little bit just using some of the stuff I've unlocked so far. Made a track and just put up some random scenery.

Took the pics with my phone so not great quality. No idea how I'd make it count laps but still learning.

That looks so rad! Even if it's not Disney Infinity dev quality, it looks like a blast to race on! It sort of reminds me of a Roller Coaster Tycoon go-kart track. It makes me want Sugar Rush stuff even more holyshit.

That looks so rad! Even if it's not Disney Infinity dev quality, it looks like a blast to race on! It sort of reminds me of a Roller Coaster Tycoon go-kart track. It makes me want Sugar Rush stuff even more holyshit.

Yeah seriously, I know we got Cars but a Sugar Rush go-karting playset could have been amazing.

Rootbeer

Banned
I want the sugar rush racers T__T

ZsOhS.jpg

yes, all of them :p but mostly Rancis (peanut butter), Gloyd (candy corn), and Swizzle (unicorn pop) cause they're just that great. I know they'd never make them all but they could figure something out.

Mostly cause I missed the bandwagon on the Sugar Rush toys, they go for insane money on ebay already.

kind of baffling how disney makes this insanely expensive film where a big chunk of it is spent inside sugar rush and dealing with the racing, yet they fail to capitlize on it by making the ultimate cartoony racing game based on it... DI was a great opportunity for it T__T

SmithnCo

Yeah, I wish Sugar Rush got a proper kart racer. There's a browser based one but it's fairly simple obviously.

Maybe people will make stuff for DI if it gets the textures.

borghe

Omfg. I feel like I am totally missing something with the bike and jumps and half pipes. I get that driving controls are finicky and not the greatest, but I have to collect the scream homework in frat row and the entire mission is borderline broken because it is unplayable. For a game that I am breezing through (and GREATLY enjoying) I have to believe that I'm just totally missing something here and that QA didn't actually let this in the game as it seems to me. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

B-Dex

Omfg. I feel like I am totally missing something with the bike and jumps and half pipes. I get that driving controls are finicky and not the greatest, but I have to collect the scream homework in frat row and the entire mission is borderline broken because it is unplayable. For a game that I am breezing through (and GREATLY enjoying) I have to believe that I'm just totally missing something here and that QA didn't actually let this in the game as it seems to me. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah I couldn't get the 4 in the halfpipe. Also I have to redo the entirety of MU cause of the PS3 save corruption pre-patch. Not looking forward to redoing it all and all of the paintball challenges.

As an aside. I finished the Lone Ranger playset today. It just kind of ends. No fanfare or anything. Did every mission. Cleared all challenges on hard, found all capsules (I think) and character chests, bought all the toy store toys. Clocked at about 3.5-4hours.

borghe

That's how they all end. POTC was the same way. Seems so... odd. I mean I wouldn't even dock the game points for it really, but yeah not even an "at-a-boy!" Seems almost like a bizarre oversight. Oh well.

I just gotta believe I'm missing something on the bike. I can't for a second believe given the general quality if the rest of the controls thy ANYONE said "yeah, good enough. Ship it." I mean seriously, unplayable.

And then to not be pointed out in any of the reviews or anything? I have to be missing something.

Is the PS3 versions online still borked?

There's a patch that fixes it. Been playing loads of the game since and it's fine.

Edit: So apparently all you need is that race start piece to do races. Once you finish the track and you drive up to the start piece it's supposed to spawn some AI racers and jump into a race but...it's not working. One of my pieces doesn't give the yellow boxes to show that it's completely connected so I can't start the race. :|

Surfheart

Ok, I didn't realize there was only one story line per play set? I thought each character had thier own missions? I beat all the missions with jack and now there is nothing left for barbossa and davey jones to do except unlock vaults...

Biggest problem with the game IMO.
Really very little gameplay incentive to buy new characters.

So far, we got:

Disney Infinity Starter Kit (Wii U)
Violet
Crystal Lightning McQueen
Sidekick 3-Pack (on back-order from Amazon)

I also got 10 power disc packs. I got one free from the preorder, 3 from Amazon (got them with a gc balance I had) and 6 from Toys R Us (buy one get one for $1 sale). I wish I had more of the ones I want but here's what I have now:

FIX IT FELIX'S REPAIR POWER (urgh, 3 of them)
C.H.R.O.M.E.'S ARMOR SHIELD (2, one with the set)
CINDERELLA'S COACH
KAHN (2)
STITCH'S BLASTER (2)
CARL FREDRICKSEN'S CANE (2)
KING CANDY'S DESSERT TOPPINGS
SUGAR RUSH SKY (2)
ALICE'S WONDERLAND
TULGEY WOOD
RAPUNZEL'S KINGDOM
RAPUNZEL'S BIRTHDAY SKY
MIKE'S CAR (rare)
ABU (rare)

I really want the Buzz and Dumbo rares and the Nemo pieces. I can't wait to get more pieces from the future sets, especially from Tron.

Edit: Also, I picked up the Lone Ranger pack as well. This game is so expensive but the sales they are having this week helps out tremendously.

I finally caved and picked up the Wii U version today. I won't be able to open it up until later though. Any reason at this point to exchange it for the X360 or PS3 version?

I finally caved and picked up the Wii U version today. I won't be able to open it up until later though. Any reason at this point to exchange it for the X360 or PS3 version?

It plays fine to me. I do like having the GamePad as a second menu screen and it looks just as good as the other versions.

I made a simpler track and got the races to work in toy box. The game spawns 3 AI racers and youre set to 3 laps. (Not sure if you can change the lap count?) For some reason I'm having a hard time getting complex track pieces (bank turns, ramp pieces, etc.) to fully connect so the circuit will be complete.

Surfheart

How robust can the levels be that are created in the Toy Box? Would anything ever be able to rival the play set levels? I'm not sure if it allows for actual 'mission' content with collectibles or anything like that. I'm mostly curious because if it doesn't, I feel like the appeal with this is going to wear off pretty quickly.

I'm not really sure that my wife or I will ever personally be interested in creating anything in the toy box mode, but if I can play good content created by other users then I could see that being worth it. I don't think we'd be as interested if it's just going to be kind of 'sandbox' mode stuff, though. We're both pretty organized / objective-based people!

I also think that makes me much less excited about collecting the characters or the play sets since I'll really only ever play through once most likely and then only ever use the characters again in the toy box. It isn't like I'll be able to bring Mr. Incredible into the Sword and the Stone play set in 2014 on PS4 (obviously that hasn't been announced and won't happen I'm just making an example of what would be cool to me).

Anyways, game is pretty fun, but I don't really like the power discs and I don't think I like the way they've chosen to organize/restrict the characters and content. Even now since I obviously own the portal and all that, I don't see myself ever spending $35 on a play set, that doesn't seem like a good value at all.

I guess with Skylanders it just feels different to us because the characters are the focus. For the most part the game is fun enough that you can play through the levels multiple times to get all three stars and the whole time you're knowing that you're building up your Skylanders and they'll be locked and loaded when the next game comes out. I think this appeals way more to me. Obviously this is just my personal taste, but I suppose I was hoping for something more like that with Infinity.

This is exactly how I feel about the game. The extra "adventure" for each character is a very basic short mini-game, it's really disappointing to me that they chose to make the characters redundant in the actual game. Unlock the extra abilities for Mr Incredible for example and suddenly they are unlocked for all of the incredibles toys that you have.

There is virtually zero incentive to play through the playsets multiple times with different characters. The content is identical for each character apart from some character specific challenges and the vault unlocks, you will be doing the same largely tedious fetch quests.

I worry about the toy box too. It doesn't seem like you can create standalone objective type complete "games" but rather craft a level, put a bunch of crap in there and run around in it. I can see that getting old pretty fast.

rcl66

But I have to say I am really disapointed with the power disc thing. They are really cheap and should be priced according. I got 10 normal packs plus 2 TRU exclusive and tons of doubles inside (I think I got 5 Carl's cane! - Got 2 rare Buzz however).

What also botters me is that since the discs come loose inside the package almost all of them are scratched, some very badly. Some of the labels are also misplaced (I got one that the label is almost over the edge of the disc).

The discs should not cost more than $0.99 each. At US$ 5.95 for a 2-pack it is a steal. Over hourse armor level steal.

The discs are a huge disappointment and the only part that makes me feel like it was made to milk collectors as much as possible. Got 4 packs from toys r us and ended up with 2 full nemo sets (4 discs) 2 fix it Felix, and 1 that was in the free pack I got with the amazon deal. So in 4 packs I got 1 disc I didnt have previously. There is no logical way to justify buying more. ESP at $5.99 retail. The benefits they give are not worth it.

Other than that its lived up to expectations.

Frazley

Yes, the discs can stack and as the guide points out, you can stack two of the same ability discs together and double their effects.

B-Dex

I saw a funny tip on a load screen today. If someone takes your mount in a toybox session you can remove the hex disc and it'll despawn from them. Would be hilarious to do if someone was bragging about it too.

Memles

I just gotta believe I'm missing something on the bike. I can't for a second believe given the general quality if the rest of the controls thy ANYONE said "yeah, good enough. Ship it." I mean seriously, unplayable.

And then to not be pointed out in any of the reviews or anything? I have to be missing something.

I wish I had an answer for you, but I'm in the same boat - I've managed to get what I presume to be maximum altitude on the bike, and upgraded to a different bike, and in all cases I just cannot reach those canisters.

So I stopped trying, and went and did other stuff, because eff that noise.

I wish I had an answer for you, but I'm in the same boat - I've managed to get what I presume to be maximum altitude on the bike, and upgraded to a different bike, and in all cases I just cannot reach those canisters.

So I stopped trying, and went and did other stuff, because eff that noise.

Doing tricks increases your speed, do a trick and land center and jump. I tried it for 20 mins and quit, came back to it and had no troubles.

There's a patch that fixes it. Been playing loads of the game since and it's fine.

Edit: So apparently all you need is that race start piece to do races. Once you finish the track and you drive up to the start piece it's supposed to spawn some AI racers and jump into a race but...it's not working. One of my pieces doesn't give the yellow boxes to show that it's completely connected so I can't start the race. :|

Still not working for me....online just hangs. Logging out of PSN fixes things but i'd love to DL some toybox levels from the community.

I want the sugar rush racers T__T

ZsOhS.jpg

yes, all of them :p but mostly Rancis (peanut butter), Gloyd (candy corn), and Swizzle (unicorn pop) cause they're just that great. I know they'd never make them all but they could figure something out.

Mostly cause I missed the bandwagon on the Sugar Rush toys, they go for insane money on ebay already.

kind of baffling how disney makes this insanely expensive film where a big chunk of it is spent inside sugar rush and dealing with the racing, yet they fail to capitlize on it by making the ultimate cartoony racing game based on it... DI was a great opportunity for it T__T

Darn...makes me glad I jumped in while the movie was still on the big screen...but more Sugar Rush/WiR is good in my book.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Do we know when Disney's going to begin fan world uploads
of which 95% will never see the light of day
? I made an awesome Sugar Rush racetrack to share with you guys!

Shancake

I now only need TWO more of the Eb Games exclusive 10 that were available for preorder.

My only chance now is if they show up at Toys R Us <_<

Chairhome

Disney Magic Bands apparently unlocks in-game items for Disney Infinity... It's a permanent unlock.

http://zannaland.com/exclusive-disney-infinity-special-item-unlocked-with-magic-band/

DisneyInfinityMagicBand.jpg

That's amazing, because I have a friend who actually worked on the magic band project, so I will ask to borrow those.

-----------------

So... if you're trading discs. be careful. I traded with someone here, but they shipped in a plain envelope. The pic shows how the envelope looked when I got it. I shipped mine in a padded envelope for a little more protection.
9572697139_05e45a4453_z.jpg

I'm not blaming him, but just looking out for other traders.

So... if you're trading discs. be careful. I traded with someone here, but they shipped in a plain envelope. The pic shows how the envelope looked when I got it. I shipped mine in a padded envelope for a little more protection.

I feel really bad. I've received a normal envelope with a power disc as well and it was fine. I PM'd you, going to resend with more protection.

RobbieNick

Sooo the Hulk is in this game? I'm trying to spawn Beagle Boys repeatedly to attack the money bin, but some reason, Despite the fact that I got the Beagle Boys, they don't show in the enemies list (in the generator that is). HOWEVER, if you go to friend generator and repeat that, you get tiny Hulks in suits. I'll take pics and show you.

It literally says "Spawn Hulk" In the menu.

RobbieNick

Welcome to the land of tiny Joe-Fixit's. According to the creation menu, it's the Hulk.

zTKv1Akl.jpg

"Hey Scrooge, what are these little guys doing?"

oGrIcNG.jpg

"HULKS SMASH INTO MONEY BIN! USE FOR HEAVY INVESTMENT IN SOY MARKET!"

Frazley

Welcome to the land of tiny Joe-Fixit's. According to the creation menu, it's the Hulk.

zTKv1Akl.jpg

"Hey Scrooge, what are these little guys doing?"

oGrIcNG.jpg

"HULKS SMASH INTO MONEY BIN! USE FOR HEAVY INVESTMENT IN SOY MARKET!"
THEY DO HAVE MARVEL! Sweet! Glad to know they'be started!

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
That's amazing, because I have a friend who actually worked on the magic band project, so I will ask to borrow those.

-----------------

Odd - I've sent and received in unpadded envelopes just fine. That's weird that yours came all jank...

borghe

Shipped mine in plain envelopes with a plastic grocery bag as padding. Will have to hear how they arrive.

Also don't know if it's been mentioned, but in the US Woody is going to be timed exclusive to Walmart and Jack Skellington timed exclusive to GameStop. Believe both are the beginning of October for three weeks. Not a huge deal IMHO unless you were looking for sales/specials during that time. Also Frozen has been confirmed to have both princesses and skybox and texture discs in a single package the week Frozen comes out.

Disney is adamant that new figures/sets WILL debut alongside new movies.. But The new Muppets movie comes out in March so sadly I don't think we'll get a Muppets release then. Maybe in fall for the blu-ray. :)

Shadownet

Banned
Just received my package from Tigro_X and my god he packaged the crap out of it lol

He wrapped 3 normal envelopes around it and then put it in another big envelope.

Now I'm starting to feel bad if he paid more than 2 dollars for shipping..

Top Bottom