• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney Infinity |OT| Where Worlds Collide

Had to cancel my asda preorder because it wasn't going to arrive till Tuesday most likely

Going down to toys r us later to pick one up, I want to resist feeling up the power discs but we will see

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Eh IMHO feeling up the packs isn't what makes someone a dick. It's cleaning the store out to throw them up on eBay. I felt packs and walked out with six (of which I was a really wrong on one lol). I got all three rares and I'm done. I'll trade the rest. I also bought 8 other packs legit.

So yeah feel up some packs and grab a few. You're still basing it in luck. Out of the five I grabbed I still only got one Dumbo and one Buzz.

Eh IMHO feeling up the packs isn't what makes someone a dick. It's cleaning the store out to throw them up on eBay. I felt packs and walked out with six (of which I was a really wrong on one lol). I got all three rares and I'm done. I'll trade the rest. I also bought 8 other packs legit.

So yeah feel up some packs and grab a few. You're still basing it in luck. Out of the five I grabbed I still only got one Dumbo and one Buzz.

Yeah agree with that

Its people in it to make a profit leaving people who actually want something missing out that annoys me

So whats the deal with the Disney toyboxes? I downloaded the Tron / Sugar Rush and it said "This will use up 100 slots" - what are slots, different from spins? Didnt tell me what that meant.

Also the level was REALLY tiny eg that rainbow road was only a few pieces long, is that because I have to unlock more parts or something to unveal a full world and track?

So whats the deal with the Disney toyboxes? I downloaded the Tron / Sugar Rush and it said "This will use up 100 slots" - what are slots, different from spins? Didnt tell me what that meant.

Also the level was REALLY tiny eg that rainbow road was only a few pieces long, is that because I have to unlock more parts or something to unveal a full world and track?

I think that tron/sugar rush is everything...I don't know about the 100 slots thing..but I am massively disappointed by the Disney toyboxes so far...really really boring...

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I cancelled my preorder with Saturn because they didn't bother to send it not even today and that kind of pissed me off. Now I have to search for a different alternative.

borghe

you can only have 100 toy boxes stored on your console. My guess is this is Wii-related. If you have 100 downloaded and want another one, you have to delete downloaded ones first to make room.

Man I hope DI2 doesn't have a Wii version.

Is this going to be like that ps3 sackboy game where we will get to see and download the best community toyboxes? I only saw disney featured toyboxes from the online menu.

My sister is overjoyed with the bundle of packages delivered today. She was really excited to play Infinity with her son, moreso than he was because she didn't tell him it was coming.

Unfortunately he's been a little sod this morning so she's in two minds whether to show him now or wait until tonight. LOL Kids :)

borghe

Is this going to be like that ps3 sackboy game where we will get to see and download the best community toyboxes? I only saw disney featured toyboxes from the online menu.

yes. all levels are submitted (you can submit now) and disney has to approve them to be posted. Beyond that Disney will also offer a "best of the community" selection.

Had to cancel my asda preorder because it wasn't going to arrive till Tuesday most likely

Going down to toys r us later to pick one up, I want to resist feeling up the power discs but we will see

Placed my order from Asda on Wednesday morning for the starter pack and it came today at 10am..

They still haven't posted my free character yet

yes. all levels are submitted (you can submit now) and disney has to approve them to be posted. Beyond that Disney will also offer a "best of the community" selection.

oh cool

and presumably you only need to unlock toybox pieces by buying disc packs to CREATE toybox and not download right?

Yaari

Apparently the retailer I bought at did not receive any of their promised pre-order Power Discs. I was supposed to get the Lilo & Stitch one but they keep delaying it, and have no offered to cancel the order for me, how generous. I already received the Playset btw.

No, you can't cancel my order. I still want it.

AGoodODST

Picked it up today, and it's a blast. Picked up the Starter, Side Kick and Lone Ranger packs (Wii U version; feel free to add me NNID is AGoodODST). Only managed to play an hour so of Pirates in co-op and it was pretty fun, and I've messed about in the Toy Box a bit, as well as the ones that are up for download. The Wonder Land maze was pretty cool, though is it supposed to end when you get to the chest? Nothing happened.

A question though. What do the red power disks do? If I place them on the board thingy nothing happens.

SHarris78

Mine arrived yesterday, and today i bought the cars and lone ranger playsets, along with 2 packs of discs (still haven't got a circular disc yet, all hexagonals!!).

Only played the incredibles so far but i'm loving it, makes a nice change from the type of games i usually play. Plus my daughter is gonna love it!!

Feel free to add me if you have the WiiU version , NNID SHarris78

borghe

So the new packaging has been revealed for series 2, and one thing that got me thinking.. In the corner they show what playset(s) a toy works with. Well, obviously most of the toys have the Toy Box logo on them (meaning they only work in Toy Box). To me it seems Dieny HAS TO have big plans for the Toy Box in this first title. I mean they have seven new singles coming out, almost as many singles as are currently out (10 by my count), and unlike the current 10 NONE of them work in an existing playset.

Hope I'm right.

One other thing that I've been thinking about.. As I'm probably around 50% unlocked in Toy Box.. Is really the "need" to kind of create your own game inside of the Toy Boxes, and that really not being a bad thing. I was originally hoping for more like a LBP2 goals type setup, but at the same time recognize the significance of being able to make your own goals and such in a level (first person to make it here. least deaths, etc). I hope DI2 has more a combination of both. Both allowing for goal-based creati-toys, but then also letting you kind of just do your own thing and making up your own rules as you go. Having both options, WITH a huge assortment of characters (by the time wave 2 hits we should be at 24 figures not including Infinite Crystal variants) should be pretty amazing.

Picked up the Wii-U version yesterday at TRU and price matched the cars and lone rangers playsets for $17.49 each since they are all sold out at Target. Haven't played yet but looking forward to it. Notice the Wii-U version seems to be selling pretty well -- there aren't many on the shelves.

Upcoming Toys R US Deals:

COM37159_ho090713a_disneyinfinitypowerdisctradecouponsheet-791x1024.jpg

COM37159_power-disc-checklist-791x1024.jpg

Some pics:

163583_detail-560x324.jpg

163593_detail.jpg

163584_detail.jpg

163586_detail.jpg

sammich

Guys, this looks really interesting and im beginning to see this all over the place, but im really really friggin confused as to anything about this game, what it is about, what is the meaning of all the discs etc? Im lost... OP doesnt explain much to me. Feelin dumb.

webrunner

Jack has the Toy Box picture in the corner but doesn't have the "Only works in Toy Box" label on the bottom. I assume that's an error?

Edit: By the way, is there any actual "gameplay" in the Toy Box? Even if you create something it's just a big open world of stuff, right? Or is it possible to create directed experiences?

Guys, this looks really interesting and im beginning to see this all over the place, but im really really friggin confused as to anything about this game, what it is about, what is the meaning of all the discs etc? Im lost... OP doesnt explain much to me. Feelin dumb.
Think of Disney Infinity as a console, like a PS3 or 360, that you run on another console. The toys you buy are what's used to load things onto the disney infinity 'console'. There are characters, items, power-ups, and playsets. Think of a playset as a game for the disney infinity console.

Playsets are the new way Disney will be doing games based on movies. You load a playset, and you'll play a game based on that movie (about 6-8 hours in length for the playsets so far). Only characters from that movie can be loaded into that playset.

If you aren't in a playset, then you are in the toybox. This is basically little big planet or minecraft for disney. Any character is allowed to be played here, and it is a giant world builder where you put together pre-made parts to make whatever you want. Simple examples are making an arena to beat up bad guys or a race track to make a racing game.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
this confirms that only mike's car in the first exclusive pack was intentional. and also tells us the tron one will be available by/on the 7th.

I'll be annoyed if ti's really packaged this way. To me it's sending the message that you can't have the girl in the first slot.

What are you talking about?

borghe

Edit: By the way, is there any actual "gameplay" in the Toy Box? Even if you create something it's just a big open world of stuff, right? Or is it possible to create directed experiences?

the best way to explain it is: there is no "game over" in toy box. no losing. no winning. nothing that brings the toy box to a close. I don't believe you can even make a toy box challenge/adventure like they do in THEIR toy box.

What you CAN do with toy box is essentially create a playground and do your own playground-style games in it. Tag. Racing. sports. paint ball. platforming, etc.

I think this is going to make it much more difficult to create truly outstanding toy box experiences, which is why disney is not making it a free-for-all submission process. However with that being said, I do think the more "game-ier" environments will be truly exceptional. Maze races. Sumo wrestling. Tag (as I already said), etc

We'll see. I would expect "game-ier" creati-toys in Disney Infinity 2. End states, etc. But to get both players (and Avalanche developers) a chance to get their feet wet, we have a more playground environment available now.

Yuripaw

Banned
Has there been any word if Pro controller support is going to be patched on for the Wii U version? The game hardly makes good use of the touch screen, and it says on the damn box that the Pro Controller is supported.

Has there been any word if Pro controller support is going to be patched on for the Wii U version? The game hardly makes good use of the touch screen, and it says on the damn box that the Pro Controller is supported.

There's a statement that kinda makes it sound like it's coming.

borghe

actually touch screen controls in spark mode (in toy box) are outstanding.. I just wish there wasn't such a lag going into spark mode on Wii U. I see video of the 360 version (in theory) and there is no such lag. Hopefully they correct this on Wii U sooner than later.

Okay, apologies if this has been covered. Earlier, playing co-op with my kid, I realised it's not same screen, it's split screen co-op. He's not too bothered, I detest it haha. Can I set it up so one of us is on the wii u pad, one of us is on the tv? I've attempted this but failed so far.

Being one of thsoe guys making trouble where there isn't any. The other two playsets has character, playset, character. But this one had to swap Jessie's spot with the playset's spot.

It also bothers me, but only because I think the set would look better with the playset between two figures (and the package displays it as such), and it would be consistent with the already released sets.

borghe

Okay, apologies if this has been covered. Earlier, playing co-op with my kid, I realised it's not same screen, it's split screen co-op. He's not too bothered, I detest it haha. Can I set it up so one of us is on the wii u pad, one of us is on the tv? I've attempted this but failed so far.

no. as absolutely brain dead as one would think this addition would be on Wii U. no.

Being one of thsoe guys making trouble where there isn't any. The other two playsets has character, playset, character. But this one had to swap Jessie's spot with the playset's spot.

Because of weight.

Buzz Lightyear is huge, as is the playset activator, which is Buzz's ship.

These things hang on shelves mostly on a single rail.

If Jessie was on the left side, the entire playset would lean right.

Because of weight.

Buzz Lightyear is huge, as is the playset activator, which is Buzz's ship.

These things hang on shelves mostly on a single rail.

If Jessie was on the left side, the entire playset would lean right.

Makes sense, however they could also have adapted the package itself, putting the hanging tab a little bit to the right side.

RobbieNick

Found out the Hulk from earlier is actually a monstrous citizen unlocked in The Incredibles playset.

That makes more sense than it being the Hulk, but the Toybox describes the little character as "Hulk".

How do I make victory conditions? I mean the kind where the challenge ends and confetti comes down. Best I can do is the scoreboard. For instance, I made a condition where I throw 21 of the little Hulk guys in the pen and it counts as a win, but it doesn't end. Also, I want to add the countdown time proper where I can to make that feat within a certain amount of time or it's game over and I can't seem to do that right.

How do you make it night time in the Lone Ranger playset? I assumed you just had to wait it out but that doesn't seem to work.

Check in your toy box for a sky changer.

Finally picked mine up with 2 packs of power discs, I didn't get any I wanted but oh well, got sugar rush floor, 2 mickey cars, felix hammer and Carl's cane

Are all the skybox pieces only available as discs and not unlockable?

The intro was amazing by the way

Makes sense, however they could also have adapted the package itself, putting the hanging tab a little bit to the right side.
Then it might mess up shelf space and how hangy thingies are hanged?

Agree, makes sense, but they should fix the picture as well. Space background above playset, jessie above jessie, buzz above buzz. Again I'm making moutains out of molehills.

Spiderduff

I did not realize I needed pirates booty power disc. THought I had them all. Anyone got a spare to trade? Let me know what you need and I'll see if I got extras. Dont have a list at the moment as I am at work. Thanks!

I just picked this up for my kids and on the install process as we speak. I also picked up the Heroes 3 pack for $15 at Walmart. I told my kids they either keep Skylanders or get Disney and get rid of Skylanders since its too expensive to support both game franchise. The kids have decided that they want to get rid of their Skylanders game and characters for more Disney characters. I am glad since trying to afford both is a PITA. I told them

Top Bottom