• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney Infinity |OT| Where Worlds Collide

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Is this worth it for a kid who doesn't give a damn about toy box mode?
Even just rushing through the 3 included playsets as quickly as possible is still over 15 hours of gameplay. 100% them is probably over 20 hours total.

But I honestly couldn't see anyone not giving a damn about toy box if they spend even just 5 mins in it. Even if you don't plan on creating levels I would guess you'd still be enticed to get a few hours of fun just doing the tutorials and playing some adventures.

Played an hour or so of the pirates game and it may be a little basic but it would standalone as a decent enough title, if the other two are as good and future playsets then it has the potential to be a success in the long term especially if some good stuff gets created in toybox

Yaari

Even just rushing through the 3 included playsets as quickly as possible is still over 15 hours of gameplay. 100% them is probably over 20 hours total.

But I honestly couldn't see anyone not giving a damn about toy box if they spend even just 5 mins in it. Even if you don't plan on creating levels I would guess you'd still be enticed to get a few hours of fun just doing the tutorials and playing some adventures.

I must agree with this. If this is anything like the other tons of community based map designing games, there will be incredible content available soon. And most of those games did not have cross platform sharing.

U2NUMB

After having it for a week I am finally able to put in some time.. wow the Pirates story is fun to play. The ship sailing is great... just overall the quality makes me excited to try the other series. I have them all thanks to the sale Target had this week.

My only complaint was that it took me a while to figure out how to resume my save from the Pirates story once I turned on the game. But I figured it out...

Quality just oozes off this game.

Surfheart

I think that tron/sugar rush is everything...I don't know about the 100 slots thing..but I am massively disappointed by the Disney toyboxes so far...really really boring...

Umm yeah, makes me wonder how good user stuff will be if the developers can't even design interesting experiences in the toy box.

I didn't know what I was even doing in the sugar rush toy box all I could seem to do was jump in a vehicle and drive around an unfinished looking track, no AI, no race?

Surfheart

the best way to explain it is: there is no "game over" in toy box. no losing. no winning. nothing that brings the toy box to a close. I don't believe you can even make a toy box challenge/adventure like they do in THEIR toy box.

What you CAN do with toy box is essentially create a playground and do your own playground-style games in it. Tag. Racing. sports. paint ball. platforming, etc.

I think this is going to make it much more difficult to create truly outstanding toy box experiences, which is why disney is not making it a free-for-all submission process. However with that being said, I do think the more "game-ier" environments will be truly exceptional. Maze races. Sumo wrestling. Tag (as I already said), etc

We'll see. I would expect "game-ier" creati-toys in Disney Infinity 2. End states, etc. But to get both players (and Avalanche developers) a chance to get their feet wet, we have a more playground environment available now.

Man I was expecting that sort of stuff to be in there day one, incredibly disappointing that it's not. Running around in the sandbox without hard set goals, objectives, scores etc will get boring very fast IMO.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
k. let's do some trading.

I want:
-Both Alice in Wonderlands discs
-Bolt Super Strength circle disc
-Pieces of 8 circle disc
-Stitch's Blaster
-Nemo Seascape (with red coral next to Nemo on the right... sun rays through the water.

I have:
-Buzz Lightyear Rare x2
-Kahn the horse x2
-Rapunzel birthday sky x2

I'll do one for one on the commons, and 2-for-1 for the Buzz Lightyear.

I'm sure this has already been said, but this game is a LOT like the Toy Story 3 game I played, just with figurines... the same people made them both I guess?

Anyway, as cool as it is I think the experience has been slightly tarnished after playing through soy story 3.

For starters because the toy box wasn't a world builder in TS3 it was a quite polished and there was a lot to do and collect, it was a lot of fun going through the missions to unlock stuff to customize your town (you could add/customize buildings and towns folk).

and in the game itself you could swap characters on the fly so 3 characters would use team work to progress, really cool.

I dunno, this has a lot going for it still, the disney franchises are fantastic, i'm not a massive fan of the discs... it's WAY worse than microtransactions, it's like really expensive BLIND microtransactions... I mean I have 2 sugar rush hex discs and I still need more to have all the textures needed to create a 100% sugar rush world, 1 should be enough at that price.

i'll wait 'till I can trade/eBay to get exactly what I want

I'm sure this has already been said, but this game is a LOT like the Toy Story 3 game I played, just with figurines... the same people made them both I guess?

Avalanche were the developers for Toy Story 3 yes, Disney liked the Toy Box concept so much that they asked Avalanche to expand it to a whole title, Activision then managed to pull off making Skylanders a million selling franchise so the pieces sort of fell into place for Disney in regards to Infinity.

Have to wait till Sunday to pick up my copy but I'm really hyped about playing it, even with W101 taking my attention right now. My Wii U has gone from being severely underused to seeing massive hours put into it the past month with this, Pikmin and W101 on the go - heh

Lunzio

Journeyed over to the Toys R' Us in Times Square today - they're going HARD on all their Disney Infinity merchandise. If anybody in the New York area is having trouble finding items, get them there.

Surprised to see how much Skylanders Giants was still being pushed though.

If your display name is rejected, do you get some sort of notice? I had my rather tame display name "neverknowsbest" pending for the past five days, but now it no longer has the pending yellow "!" icon in the My Account page and it appears my name is just the temporary "inf123456" now. I've had nothing but problems with my account so far, starting to get very tired of this.

vjoe

Neo Member
I'm having issues getting used to the controlling mechanics. The camera is a little tricky to handle, especially on those spinning platforms, I can't jump to the next platform successfully when I'm on them.

Not feeling the game yet. I hope it can grow on me.

Price matched the Lone Ranger playset with the Target price at Toys r Us earlier so I have all the playsets now. Picked up some figures as well. I'm new to price matching so I'm wondering if someone can explain something. I tried to price match the character 3-packs at Toys r Us since my Walmart didn't have them. They wouldn't do it because they said it was a "promotion". Not really upset or anything I was just curious what the difference was?

If your display name is rejected, do you get some sort of notice? I had my rather tame display name "neverknowsbest" pending for the past five days, but now it no longer has the pending yellow "!" icon in the My Account page and it appears my name is just the temporary "inf123456" now. I've had nothing but problems with my account so far, starting to get very tired of this.

There's a shitload of people that got this game. I'm sure they have like 5 people approving names.

Caved and got the play sets for 20$ and character packs for 15$, what characters are only in singles? Haven't gotten the starter pack, thinking about getting the wii u version, was wondering if any things wrong with it, I'll be playing a lot of split screen. Thanks!

Caved and got the play sets for 20$ and character packs for 15$, what characters are only in singles? Haven't gotten the starter pack, thinking about getting the wii u version, was wondering if any things wrong with it, I'll be playing a lot of split screen. Thanks!

Violet, Dash, Mater and Francesco are the ones that are only in singles. Violet is going to be in a 3-pack with Vanellope and Rapunzel though.

jwk94

Disney Infinity makes me wish Disney had held on to the Power Rangers license. Getting a few seasons of Power Rangers in Disney Infinity would be so amazing.

After having these high quality figures the 2 piece swap force figures look real cheap. I still think the game will be great, though personally I liked the character of single creatures more.

Fantomex

Price matched the Lone Ranger playset with the Target price at Toys r Us earlier so I have all the playsets now. Picked up some figures as well. I'm new to price matching so I'm wondering if someone can explain something. I tried to price match the character 3-packs at Toys r Us since my Walmart didn't have them. They wouldn't do it because they said it was a "promotion". Not really upset or anything I was just curious what the difference was?

Absolutely no difference, they just wanted to be jerks. If you were to call corporate they would chew out your local Toys r Us. Every sale is a promotion, as long as you werent try to price match a "Buy X, Receive Y for free" they had no reason to reject you. i got my local Toys R us to price match without a hitch.

Shancake

If ANYONE picks up a Crystal McQueen to send to Australia then i'd be absolutely stoked. Last thing I need for my collection but I Refuse to pay a scalper on eBay. Can even take it out of the packaging for easy postage.

Please let me know :)

Rootbeer

Banned
I want Violet but I'm waiting on that three-pack. Kinda bummed about Woodie being a timed wal-mart exclusive since I don't live near one... might have to get that one online

Absolutely no difference, they just wanted to be jerks. If you were to call corporate they would chew out your local Toys r Us. Every sale is a promotion, as long as you werent try to price match a "Buy X, Receive Y for free" they had no reason to reject you. i got my local Toys R us to price match without a hitch.

Ah okay, good to know then.

Shadownet

Banned
Disney Infinity makes me wish Disney had held on to the Power Rangers license. Getting a few seasons of Power Rangers in Disney Infinity would be so amazing.

My god I would go banana if the Power Rangers were actually in it.

I can only keep my fingers cross that Disney and Saban want to do a little collaboration.

Imagine the epicness. Zords battle!

AGoodODST

How do you apply themes you find in Playsets in the Toy Box?

I found the Lone Ranger theme but I can't seem to find it when i go into the Toy Box?

Got this for Wii U today but the update's broken it for me. Won't go past the first "IN" loading screen after the title screen/Disney connection. Doesn't freeze up or anything, can still use the home menu and quit out of the game, it just sits there. Sounds like it's not even trying to read the disc. Runs fine on my brother's Wii U with the internet turned off, though.

Can't just delete the update and play offline either because for whatever reason, once the Wii U expects the game to be up to date, it straight up won't load the game unless it is even if the update and save data are gone and you're offline. Kicks back to the system menu.

e: Looks like it loads if I play offline. Must be the Disney Interactive connection was breaking it.

Nemesis_

Is there a full list of the power discs? I'm only able to find the ones which list around twenty, but there's definitely more as I've picked up quite a few through select retailers that don't appear in this initial 20.

Fewr

If ANYONE picks up a Crystal McQueen to send to Australia then i'd be absolutely stoked. Last thing I need for my collection but I Refuse to pay a scalper on eBay. Can even take it out of the packaging for easy postage.

Please let me know :)
What's the difference between that and the normal version?

Got a email from Amazon that my Cars playset was going to arrive earlier than expected, this Wednesday instead of mid-September. So I broke and ordered the Wii U Starter Kit, should arrive on Tuesday.

Are the power-discs essential in anyway? Or is it just the collector-mentality? Cuz five dollars for a random pack of two is giving me flashbacks to pokemon cards and pogs, something I'd rather avoid.

Micerider

Waiting for a next gen version. Because my daughter is still a bit too young to fully enjoy that anyway (she'll be three in november).

Any word on a PS4/XBone version?

I could pick it now for Wii U or later on PC otherwise.

Yaari

Picked up the Lone Ranger playset with some credit I had for turning in games. Also looks like Amazon.com stocked up on the 3-Packs again, so those should be coming.

Can't find Cars anywhere. And Power Discs are a scam over here. They should be EUR 4,99 but the only store I've seen that carried them, sold them for 5.99. Yeah, not going to happen. Maybe I'll just wait and import a bunch later on from the UK, seems cheaper that way.

DodgerSan

One mistake I think they've made is to have important creation tools as unlockables. I know LBP had plenty of stuff to unlock in the levels, but it was mostly cosmetic stuff like textures, stickers and materials. Not stuff like race starts and camera options.

Top Bottom