• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney Infinity |OT| Where Worlds Collide

SHarris78

I can't believe I'm actually stuck!! Playing the incredibles playset and I need to collect some stuff from the island you can't get to because the bridges are out. I don't have the helicopter and though I can glide and reach the island, there an invisible barrier stopping me landing.

What really simple thing have I missed?

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
So all of the rare exclusive discs besides Mike's New Car all non-US for now, right? Would love to chase most of them but if they are all Euro right now not sure how much time/money I really want to throw at them.

I can't believe I'm actually stuck!! Playing the incredibles playset and I need to collect some stuff from the island you can't get to because the bridges are out. I don't have the helicopter and though I can glide and reach the island, there an invisible barrier stopping me landing.

What really simple thing have I missed?

I hit that problem, spent ages until figured it out

You need to do that main missions with the people with blue lights above them reaching to the sky. I spent ages lost, since I had people I had to do missions with near the docks (vs at the headquarters)

drive to the initial docks and first island, and look for blue lights into the air!

SHarris78

I hit that problem, spent ages until figured it out

You need to do that main missions with the people with blue lights above them reaching to the sky. I spent ages lost, since I had people I had to do missions with near the docks (vs at the headquarters)

drive to the initial docks and first island, and look for blue lights into the air!

Ahhhh! Cheers mate. I started the game with Mr Incredible and have swapped out for Syndrome, but as there's only one story I'm now playing as Syndrome trying to stop Syndrome!!

Fewr

The actual figure is crystal themed as well as in-game and has a quicker XP gain.
ah ok, I can live without it then.

Waiting for a next gen version. Because my daughter is still a bit too young to fully enjoy that anyway (she'll be three in november).

Any word on a PS4/XBone version?

I could pick it now for Wii U or later on PC otherwise.
buy the figures so she gets to play with them, then when DI2 is out, her mind will be blown when she gets to see her toys come to life.

Sh0k

Quick question, is there a way to unlock all the toys from Monster University into the toy box? I have all three chracters and I already unlocked the toy vault, but by some reason the bikes or the paintball gun don't show in the Toy Box. I wanted to create a BMX track or a paintball arena.

Edit: I have access to the paintball gun, all I need is access to the bikes in toy box, any ideas?

Pick this up today for the GF, bought the Villans set and the Cars set with a couple of disks. I got two of three "rare" Disks think they are no, 19 and 20 , im not sure how rare these disks are though,

All I need is Dash and Violet until I own all the figures. I'm still deciding whether or not I want to go through the trouble of trying to get all of the power discs. Seems like it might be a pain.

So is the cars playset a racing game essentially? Sounds fun as I find the driving in this game to be. Anyone?

There's racing, battle races and some other various activities. Like sometimes you need to chase down "speedsters" and tow them to a specific building and you help buy buildings to restore the town. There's a few race tracks around the town, a stunt park area that's a lot of fun, and some larger tracks with a few short cuts and such. As long as you like the driving controls you'll like it I think.

These randomly spawning character chests are ridiculously annoying in the toy box mode. Almost every time I build a ramp one spawns on it for awhile until I stand by it for about 10 seconds. These things are really turning me off.

Yaari

What is your guys top 3 of the current playsets? For the ones that have actually finished some anyway. I am still at my first one, the Incredibles.

What is your guys top 3 of the current playsets? For the ones that have actually finished some anyway. I am still at my first one, the Incredibles.

Haven't finished any but personally I like the Pirates and Lone Ranger sets, along with the Monsters Inc set. I haven't tried the cars set yet but I highly doubt I'll like that one as much as the others.

Anyone in Canada want to trade for my Wreck-It Ralph landscape double? It's my only double so far. I don't have many, these are what I have:
Alice In Wonderland Landscape
Aline In Wonderland Sky
Bolt
Pieces of 8
Carl Fredricksen's Cane
Cinderella's Carriage

I'd be looking to trade for anything that isn't those ones.

I've only finished Pirates, but I loved it. A lot more than I would expect to enjoy a kids licensed game. I'm impressed.

Diving into Incredibles next!

Pick this up today for the GF, bought the Villans set and the Cars set with a couple of disks. I got two of three "rare" Disks think they are no, 19 and 20 , im not sure how rare these disks are though,

Not super, crazy, insane rare, but they're still pretty rare. I have heard there's one of each rare in each pack box. So getting two out of a couple disc packs is really good.

AGoodODST

I've found the Lone Ranger set to be pretty fun. The map is a nice size and is pretty fun to just generally mess around in, especially in co op. Missions are fairly simple though, but that's to be expected.

RobbieNick

Pirates is by far my favorite right now. Unlike the others being one large piece of land with MMO missions all over, Pirates goes from land to land while steering a prite ship through the high seas and getting into ship-to-ship battle. Feels like a genuine, large pirate adventure.

Finished Incredibles in under 4 ours. A bit disappointing. Go from the city to your headquarters, then back to the city over and over again.

Monsters University is nothing great, but kinda mellows me out when playing for some reason. I guess cause there's zero stress in the gameplay.

I have to play more of Lone Ranger to get a good feel for it. Does feel like a decent western adventure. Hope it's larger than it seems right now.

Cars gets kind boring after awhile. It's the most different since all the gameplay is based on driving, but that can get old quickly even with MMo-like missions to do. Do I ever get out of Radiator Springs and do other stuff.

You'll be happy to know that once you beat the main story, the world doesn't end and you can go back in and do more side missions and collect the rest of the capsules and what not.

I think some of the side mission givers repeat quests so you can keep playing in that world even after you finish it.

The logic behind not using other character from a different IP in another character's world is stupid seeing as how they let you use the villain of that franchise in that adventure.

Edna - "Go and stop Syndrome"

Me- "But I AM Syndrome."

I played Monster U as Randall and got a mission from...Randall! When the villains are around, it affects the story in just as bad of a way as if you used other characters. I think the main reason you can't use them is those damn Cars. There are so many things Cars can't do outside of thier own game it's a wonder they're even in Toy Box outside of the fact that they are a money maker for Disney.

Fewr

Is Cars a big franchise among pixar/disney ips? I never cared to even watch the film, so I find it strange to have it as part of the introduction playsets and even forced a bit since as you mention they can't do "standard" moves that the rest can.
I wonder, will we get finding nemo here? The sequel is coming after all.

polg

Is Cars a big franchise among pixar/disney ips? I never cared to even watch the film, so I find it strange to have it as part of the introduction playsets and even forced a bit since as you mention they can't do "standard" moves that the rest can.
I wonder, will we get finding nemo here? The sequel is coming after all.

Cars is one of the most profitable franchises for Disney-Pixar because of the toys and the merchandise.

Fewr

Thanks for clarifying. I really had no idea. Now I know why there is even a special edition of the main character.

Yeah, unless it's some IP thing where they don't want crossovers I just don't understand why they couldn't let all NPC's play all missions. All you have to do is block out the cars. But as it is, we're just running in circles cause that's how it is.

Plasma

Banned
They should have made it like the lego games where you unlock free play once you finish it in story mode and use any character you want.

I've now finished The Incredibles and Monsters U give or take one to two stars. In both play sets I haven't been able to find all the collectibles for stars, but I'm pretty sure I've found all the capsules. I put about six hours into Incredibles and seven into Monsters U.

Just started Pirates tonight, definitely seems like it's going to be my favorite. Currently Incredibles is my least favorite. After Pirates I'll probably do Cars and save Lone Ranger for last.

Toy Box is really cool, I'm just super annoyed by the spin system. There's some items I REALLY want (Replayer) and I never get them! Call it blasphemy but I kinda wish there was a $4.99 XBLA unlock or something, haha.

Anyone know how to unlock the Recognizer from TRON? Is it one of the random spins?

xeris

Waiting for a next gen version. Because my daughter is still a bit too young to fully enjoy that anyway (she'll be three in november).

Any word on a PS4/XBone version?

I could pick it now for Wii U or later on PC otherwise.

My son will be 3 in October. He loves playing with the figures and to a lesser extent watching his mom and me play. I've even let him run around a bit on one of the toy box worlds. He's great at going in circles and hitting jump and occasionally attack.

borghe

Just beat Monsters U 30/30. Was a nice change of pace from Pirates. Oddly enough I took Jack 0-10 in Pirates but yet Sully only went from like 4-9.5. Needed to fiddle in the toy box for the last half level to 10. I know PS360 has an achievement for level 15 but do you get anything past 10 besides spins? Now have two gold statues in my HoH!! :D I'm playing co-op on Incredibles with my daughter so now solo onto either Cars or Lone Ranger.

Nemesis_

Is there a full list of the power discs? I'm only able to find the ones which list around twenty, but there's definitely more as I've picked up quite a few through select retailers that don't appear in this initial 20.

Would appreciate an answer to this if anyone knows!

Which brings me to my second question - here in Australia they are only selling the album / books which carry twenty of the power discs. Is there an album that carries ALL of them? Or not?

Mr Jared

Quick question, is there a way to unlock all the toys from Monster University into the toy box? I have all three chracters and I already unlocked the toy vault, but by some reason the bikes or the paintball gun don't show in the Toy Box. I wanted to create a BMX track or a paintball arena.

Edit: I have access to the paintball gun, all I need is access to the bikes in toy box, any ideas?

I'm still trying to figure this out myself :( Still no bikes in my Toy Box even after unlocking, purchasing, and opening the present inside the MU playset.

Bought the starter pack (Wii U) tonight on a whim and I have to say I'm a little overwhelmed. The intro in the game was pretty spectacular, though.

Still trying to figure out how this all works, I have to say this seems a bit complex for kids. There's just a lot to it. Haven't even futzed around with the regular playset games for each world, but man there's a LOT to the Toy Box mode.

Also, I was thinking of picking up another playset, particularly the Cars set. Is it worth getting?

I can't find the Wii U version anywhere!!?!!!!

How did that version end up?
I'm a noob, but I know the PS3 version has it's share of problems, meanwhile the Wii U version seems to run well and having the gamepad is pretty great too. I'd keep looking.

El-Suave

Has anybody else noticed that the toys are emitting some pretty nasty smelling fumes? I keep the few I have in a small paper bag and when I put my nose to it, I can't help but think "this can't be healthy". The playset piece is the worst offender of the bunch.

borghe

Would appreciate an answer to this if anyone knows!

Which brings me to my second question - here in Australia they are only selling the album / books which carry twenty of the power discs. Is there an album that carries ALL of them? Or not?
All of the discs are in the HoH. The "extra" discs floating around are retailer exclusive "rare variants" of discs that are coming out in later waves. In the US we only have Mike's New Car from Toys R Us. There are supposed to be a total of 10 but the TRU packs only came with that one and then a regular random one. In Europe (Australia?) all 10 rare variants are out. Again, they are just discs from future series in orange plastic with a lenticular graphic. They don't show up in the game any different or have any different effects so if you don't care about having the exclusive "rare" physical version it doesn't matter. 100% a collectors thing.

Oh I and others have mentioned the "huge delay" going into spark mode on Wii U. Well, it's definitely a programming thing and not the system, because I played off-TV last night in the toy box and spark mode works flawlessly. "-" to go into build mode, "Y" to go into spark mode and it's all instantaneous. Going back as well. So hopefully they fixit to be instantaneous playing on the TV as well. It is a pretty magical feature when it is instant like that. Sucks it only works that smoothly when playing off-TV on Wii U.

Redshirt

Banned
Has anybody else noticed that the toys are emitting some pretty nasty smelling fumes? I keep the few I have in a small paper bag and when I put my nose to it, I can't help but think "this can't be healthy". The playset piece is the worst offender of the bunch.

Yes. Some of my niece's DI figures smelled terrible at first.

My sister has been keeping them in a small room with a big Vornado fan running when not in use, and now it's mostly gone.

I've read that you can set win conditions in Toy Box mode; say I wanted to make a race track and set laps, is that possible? If so, how do I do this? I've barely scratched the surface and need to unlock a LOT, but it would be nice to know. :)

borghe

I don't have the scoreboard yet, but I would start with looking at what properties are available on that.

Edit - ok I just saw a Victory Tracker pop up in my vault spins. Not sure if I should go for it with only 4 spins.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
How do you download other created levels in Toy Box mode? Cross-platform download was a huge selling point after E3 and I can't find the menu to do it.

gotee12

How do you download other created levels in Toy Box mode? Cross-platform download was a huge selling point after E3 and I can't find the menu to do it.
They're not available yet. I think I remember seeing a tweet from johnny v. that is coming out in a week or so.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
I've broken down and decided I'm going to pick this game up this weekend when payday rolls around. I preemptively bought two power disc packs, and was lucky enough to not get repeats. I went to the nearby Target to see about picking up a few more power discs, but they didn't have any. Or maybe I just couldn't find where they keep them (didn't see them in the toy section, or the gaming section, so I assumed they were sold out).

Payday is either Friday or Saturday, and Target had the PS3 version in stock, so instead of ordering it online, like I planned, I may just waltz over there and grab it. I used to be a huge Disney fan back in the day, and while I'm not a hardcore fan like I used to be, I'm still a fan, and this game seems charming enough.

Although, I'm really bummed that I missed out on snagging some figures for free at E3 this year. I ran into a friend of mine while I was on the show floor, and he was showing me the figures he got (can't remember which ones, but I think two of them were from unreleased sets), but it was too late for me to get some, as the halls were closing, and getting all the way over there would have taken too much time.

I won't be buying all of the playsets and characters this weekend, as that's a bit too much for me to drop right away on a game I may ultimately end up not being a fan of, so I'm just going to snag a few more power discs, and I'm thinking the Sidekicks pack. If there are still good discount sales going on, I may get the Villains or Lone Ranger pack as well, since it seems from this thread that the LR set is actually pretty fun.

I'm not going to lie, though, the Incredibles and Monsters Inc are really what's selling me on this game, since I love both those worlds and characters out of all of Pixars stuff so far.

Anyway, I see so much talk in this thread about the figures and discs, but not much about the game itself. Is it actually fun to play, and worth the $75?

I've broken down and decided I'm going to pick this game up this weekend when payday rolls around. I preemptively bought two power disc packs, and was lucky enough to not get repeats. I went to the nearby Target to see about picking up a few more power discs, but they didn't have any. Or maybe I just couldn't find where they keep them (didn't see them in the toy section, or the gaming section, so I assumed they were sold out).

Payday is either Friday or Saturday, and Target had the PS3 version in stock, so instead of ordering it online, like I planned, I may just waltz over there and grab it. I used to be a huge Disney fan back in the day, and while I'm not a hardcore fan like I used to be, I'm still a fan, and this game seems charming enough.

Although, I'm really bummed that I missed out on snagging some figures for free at E3 this year. I ran into a friend of mine while I was on the show floor, and he was showing me the figures he got (can't remember which ones, but I think two of them were from unreleased sets), but it was too late for me to get some, as the halls were closing, and getting all the way over there would have taken too much time.

I won't be buying all of the playsets and characters this weekend, as that's a bit too much for me to drop right away on a game I may ultimately end up not being a fan of, so I'm just going to snag a few more power discs, and I'm thinking the Sidekicks pack. If there are still good discount sales going on, I may get the Villains or Lone Ranger pack as well, since it seems from this thread that the LR set is actually pretty fun.

I'm not going to lie, though, the Incredibles and Monsters Inc are really what's selling me on this game, since I love both those worlds and characters out of all of Pixars stuff so far.

Anyway, I see so much talk in this thread about the figures and discs, but not much about the game itself. Is it actually fun to play, and worth the $75?

I'm loving it. I don't know your tastes, but you may want to temper expectations for the play set games (they're obviously made with kids in mind), although they're far from licensed trash. To me, they're simple but enjoyable and If the creation aspect interests you in the least, I couldn't fail to recommend it.

Redshirt

Banned
Yeah, worth depends on why you're buying it. It's worth it for kids and parents, collectors and builders (Toy Box).

As a standalone game, the play sets lack the challenge to be worth $75.

I suspect that the community will eventually make the Toy Box worthwhile for non-builders too, but we're not there yet.

borghe

Ok so what am I missing in racing Chick right in the beginning of cars. I mean he beats me by like 5-8 seconds every time. I start off with turbo boost. Then full my gauge during the race. How do I use it?

XShagrath

Ok so what am I missing in racing Chick right in the beginning of cars. I mean he beats me by like 5-8 seconds every time. I start off with turbo boost. Then full my gauge during the race. How do I use it?
On the 360, you flick the right stick down, and then up. Not sure how it works on the other systems.

borghe

I forgot. That was in the toy box tutorial. Yeah I beat him just now but it was..... surprisingly tough compared to the rest of Infinity!?!

Wow, I have to admit I am enjoying the Cars playset a whole ton more than I actually thought I would. Pleasantly surprised.

Edit - ok. I am totally in love with Cars. They really hit this playset out if the park. Wow. Am surprised though. Easily the hardest playset. Not really sure how the youngins are going to do well in this one.

Rootbeer

Banned
Wow, I have to admit I am enjoying the Cars playset a whole ton more than I actually thought I would. Pleasantly surprised.

Nice to hear... I took a chance on ordering it even though I find Cars to be one of their worst franchises. It arrives Monday!

By the way, what are the best upcoming and current sales for DI stuff? I know TRU's sales expired, they have a new deal "buy 2 figures for $22" which isn't as good. And Target's B 2 get 1 free also is kinda poor if you are only missing 2 figures as as me :)

Top Bottom