• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney Infinity |OT| Where Worlds Collide

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
You're upset Disney isn't trying to force you to spend money.
like I said, I think a better alternative would to have been to structure certain areas specific to a single character and then cut the general playset time accordingly. i.e. give a mission in Incredibles which plays on Dash's speed (almost psuedo racing) or Violet's invisibility. I mean they already put "adventures" for every character in Infinity. Instead (maybe just for the playset characters) they should have just put an in-playset adventure in there instead.

This isn't skylanders. This is a program that runs disney franchise games, and adds a feature to allow the characters and IP of those games to play with each other.
absolutely. the problem is that while there is a "collectors" aspect to wanting to "catch 'em all", there is zero video game incentive to it. It's almost like the sheer variety of figures is aimed at Disney collectors, but the in-game aspects are aimed at buying as minimally as possible. Which is fine, except that the biggest toy box content for each playset requires ALL figures to unlock (4 SEPARATE PURCHASES for Incredibles!!!) I don't want a Skylanders clone. I would however like some sort of reason to swap in a character for more than a minute just to do an item unlock or quick challenge.

So any Disney movie that doesn't star bipedals should not be allowed in this Disney franchise game.
oh, I disagree with them here 110%. Cars has turned out to be my favorite playset BY FAR. The fact that they've basically mashed up LBP and LBPK into one game, and the racing/karting aspect is actually GOOD. I was originally on the "uggh Cars" train. But yeah, the playset has actually blown me away. Just top notch.

I took a look at the figures for this game on saturday while at the supermarket and they are really high quality and much bigger then I expected, rather cool.

I like that every game tried to be a different genre from each other.

In incredibles I liked smashing up stuff with melee but wished I could attack long range. Then I play Lone ranger and it's a shooter where I'm bouncing a tomahawk around killing bad guys, but when i got in melee range I was pretty useless. Then I captain a giant ship in Pirates and do some Car racing in Cars. This system has amazing potential.

Monsters Inc sucked

In case anyone was wondering Toys R Us exchanged my Infinity starter set no problem. They have seen about 5 come back with the same problem. (yikes) I played the Wii version last night just for shits and giggles.. HOLY SHIT it was bad. some of those textures look like Nintendo 64 level. Watching you tube videos of the Wii U version Its hard to believe they are even the same game.

One more question. can I play 2 players with one person on the gamepad and the other with a wii mote and nunchuck?

thanks!

In case anyone was wondering Toys R Us exchanged my Infinity starter set no problem. They have seen about 5 come back with the same problem. (yikes) I played the Wii version last night just for shits and giggles.. HOLY SHIT it was bad. some of those textures look like Nintendo 64 level. Watching you tube videos of the Wii U version Its hard to believe they are even the same game.

One more question. can I play 2 players with one person on the gamepad and the other with a wii mote and nunchuck?

thanks!

I weep for the small portion of non-gamers who won't realise the error and just suffer through the Wii version, until one day...

yeah, you have valid points, all of them.

WITH that being said, assume 6-ish hours per playset x 6 for 36 hours of content, PLUS even if we get another 4-5 hours from the Toy Box, that is over 40 hours of content from this release. Not at all a shabby number IMHO.

With that being said, yes... I agree. There probably won't be enough here, even with curated Toy Boxes, to keep us playing non-stop through DI2's release.

Well I think if you were to ask them, The Toybox feature basically gives them a lifetime excuse for people saying there isn't enough content.

Besides, like Skylanders, they basically have a guaranteed sale for whenever they do plan to release Disney Infinity 2. Any customer that spends a substantial amount of money on figures probably isn't going to want them to go to waste, so when the sequel releases for say $50 (since they won't need to include the base again), people who've already invested are almost certainly gonna buy it.

Owlowiscious / borghe:

I am not saying that I do not like the Cars franchise, actually I like it a lot. And it seems that the Cars Playset is one of the best from the initial batch (I barely started to play it).

But I am saying that one of the things that I am missing from DI is a proper campaign when I can use any character at any time, not limited by the rules of the playsets. And Disney is a company that usually does not like to mix franchises. Non-antropomorphic characters like Cars, Planes and Nemo makes this decision a lot harder. So if to get a proper campaign they should avoid the use of some of characters, I will be fine with that.

I know ToyBox is supposed to be a big thing and substitute for a campaign, but I am not a builder and right now there is nothing from the community yet. Maybe in some months it will flourish with creations. But I am not sure if the tools are there. As far I I have read, there is no game logic in the ToyBox, only scenario creation. You can create a race track, but not count laps and defines a winner. You cannot create scores. ToyBox creations are playgrounds, not proper games. And thus I think people will get bored from playgrounds a lot faster.

Don't get me wrong, I do not want just a Skylanders clone. I was comparing the games because it was the last great game to play with my little son.

But sorry, I continue to say that DI handles the characters use very poorly. I care for the characters, that is a strength DI has (I always thought Skylanders to be too generic) however what is the difference of caring for a character on the screen and on the base? I mean, what is the difference between swapping DVDs to play a different Disney game (I have played a lot, from Bolt to Cars 1 and 2) a swapping a figure on a base? I will tell you: the joy of swapping the character on the fly, on the scene, on the specific part of the game. That is something DI did not implemented well. Well I like to play as Mrs. Incredible, I will play the whole game session using just her, like a disc-based game. I would like to be incentived to play using different figures on that course. You can say that is Disney isn't forcing me to expend more cash/getting more figures, but that is not true. The reason to have this sort of game is to sell figures/toys. If it is not, Woody will be included in the Toy Story playset, not Jessy. They choose not to include it in the playset because they know it will sell as a single-character pack anyway.

And I am also worried on how the game will keep its momentum up to a year from now (when a second game and more playsets could be released). They already announced everything they will release in terms of playsets and characters, and it looks that everything will be released until Xmas or just at the beggining of the next year. Yeah, I hope ToyBox creations keeps things interesting.

borghe

And I am also worried on how the game will keep its momentum up to a year from now (when a second game and more playsets could be released). They already announced everything they will release in terms of playsets and characters, and it looks that everything will be released until Xmas or just at the beggining of the next year. Yeah, I hope ToyBox creations keeps things interesting.

eh, momentum is really a fickle thing. Think of any main franchise. GTA hasn't "kept up momentum" for 6 years. Heck, even my niece and nephew aren't on Skylanders Giants today, despite getting it back at the beginning of the year (well past launch).

A game doesn't need to provide momentum up until the next release. It just has to offer a memorable/desirable experience and a good value proposition. If it does both of those, once DI2 hits people will rush out to buy it.

I also don't see them standing behind the toy box as any sort of excuse. I actually think there is such a massive spotlight shown in the toy box because THAT was the heavy lifting. Now that they have a solid foundation, DI2's version of the toy box will require significantly less work to enhance. Heck, they can even assign a sub-team to add to DI2's toy box and have the main team already working on DI3's major toy box upgrade for 2015 (just in time for star wars ;)

I mean I'm just spit balling here.. I just don't think we should make any assumptions on DI2 or the franchise direction in general based off of this title. Every preview I read at some point for DI mentioned specifically that Disney really looks like they have a 5+ year plan for the franchise. Most publications felt very strongly that this wasn't just a "me too" for Skylanders.. that Disney really intends to take this places. Reading such previews I remained skeptical, but seeing the end product has absolutely made me a believer.

Are you sure there's no way to set win conditions?

I mean this trailer shows a scoreboard etc http://youtu.be/ZnzU4y9bIfI and I've noticed a timer among the Creative Toys, so it's hard for me to see that the ability to create actual races is non-existent.

Edit:

You can create actual races once you have the right pieces.

http://www.disneyinfinityfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=2792#sthash.oe2ZmyRr.dpbs

There is a toy called "Victory Tracker". Sadly as much as I have tried I haven't won it yet. I REALLY need to have patience so I can go into such spin with like 10+ tokens :p

edit - yes there are a number of things. Counter, Victory Tracker, Scoreboard (which is the big one as you can actually set victory conditions on it), etc.

There is a toy called "Victory Tracker". Sadly as much as I have tried I haven't won it yet. I REALLY need to have patience so I can go into such spin with like 10+ tokens :p

edit - yes there are a number of things. Counter, Victory Tracker, Scoreboard (which is the big one as you can actually set victory conditions on it), etc.

OK, I may be wrong about that (I did not play enough) but to make such itens as unlockables is another huge mistake from DI. It just limit the creators/creations because not everyone who has interesting in creation is interested on playing the toysets long enough to unlock the itens. There are two different audiences here (creators/players) that not necessary overlap. You can have unlockable itens like textures and small itens (like LBP does) but not main things like that.

Edited: Disney should really release a in-death guide about toybox creation if they really want the mode to be a success. The oficial guide from Prima does nothing. Maybe a series of web tutorials or something. Now people are struggling to make things because the tools are not clear. It is not fun to fight the tool, the fun is to make things easily.

AGoodODST

Are you sure there's no way to set win conditions?

I mean this trailer shows a scoreboard etc http://youtu.be/ZnzU4y9bIfI and I've noticed a timer among the Creative Toys, so it's hard for me to see that the ability to create actual races is non-existent.

Edit:

You can create actual races once you have the right pieces.

http://www.disneyinfinityfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=2792#sthash.oe2ZmyRr.dpbs

You get a Victory Tracker. It was actually one of the first toys I got spinning. I've not really spent an awful lot of time in Toy Box yet so I haven't had a chance to test it out.

Barsinister

Banned
I am in the process of creating a basketball type game and there is everything you need in the game to set victory conditions (score counters, victory trackers, ect.). I just need to unlock the stadium pieces to complete it.

Have you stayed in a value hotel at WDW before? I hope you know what you're getting into.

Long walks, crappy accommodations and the buses to the park often arrive full by the time they get to your stop.

Pop century is great fun and there's only one bus stop and they are as frequent as any other (we are going caribbean beach next year)

When will we get our first indications on if this is selling well or not?

Pop century is great fun and there's only one bus stop and they are as frequent as any other (we are going caribbean beach next year)

I had a great time on caribbean beach last year, recommend it for sure. Now about the value Disney hotels (pop century, all-star movies, sports and music) I only heard bad stories. The cost to upgrade a moderate value resort is not so much and very well worth.

I'd say every store I go to being sold out of a good chunk of the toys is a good indicator to me.

Yup. At the store I visited today, the stand with the toys had been very clearly picked at. Villains was sold out (I'm not sure if sidekicks was stocked), there was only one Francesco left and I don't recall seeing Mater.

Chucker

Have you stayed in a value hotel at WDW before? I hope you know what you're getting into.

Long walks, crappy accommodations and the buses to the park often arrive full by the time they get to your stop.

I've stayed at Pop 3 times, Poly 3 times, AKL twice,Art of Animation on Opening week, Beach Club Villas, Fort Wilderness Cabins, Caribbean Beach Resort, and Saratoga Springs. Poly is my favorite Deluxe. Pop is not as bad as you're thinking. For All Star Sports/Music/Movies, yeah the bus thing happens. Pop and Art of Animation have their own set of buses and don't share with each other.

We're also driving down there instead of flying, and we're in an 80's room at Pop which is closest to 1. The parking lot, and 2 Classics Hall (food court, main lobby), so walking isn't an issue.

AKL is very nice as you say, it was my first time at WDW and loved it, can't wait to go back, considering French Quarter for next time. Yeah it is hard to justify the extra cost of AKL compared with some of the other resorts especially when like you say you can save a grand. Hope you and your wife/daughter have fun :)

French Quarter is nice too! I've always wanted to check it out. This will be my kid's second trip and somewhere around 14 for my wife and I. We took Lily when she was 18 months old and the week after we got back she finally started recognizing characters. This time should be a blast.

I had a great time on caribbean beach last year, recommend it for sure. Now about the value Disney hotels (pop century, all-star movies, sports and music) I only heard bad stories. The cost to upgrade a moderate value resort is not so much and very well worth.

Pop gets a bad rep for being a value resort, but it's on another level compared to ASM/M/S.

Unless there's going to be a game update/DLC (the idea of doing so has been discussed to death in this thread too), that's all there is on the disc.

Well, it's safe to assume that something is in the pipeline. If it needs to be on-disc, then I guess a lower-priced 'season two' disc will arrive next year, unless this bombs.

I've read the executive producer's comments on disc-free DLC and I'm not sure I entirely know where he's coming from, but I'd envisage additions to the Toy Box installing to the console's internal storage and working with whatever DI season you have in the drive, while play-sets require specifics.

They'll need to handle it carefully and ensure reasonable cross-compatibility given the expense of the collectables.

Ok, I have to get this out there. I feel bad for posting this, but I have to. I just have to.

Was playing the Pirates playset over the weekend, and it was very easy going. Not challenging at all. Until I got to the part where I have to fight 9 other ships with Tia Dalma inside some kind of whirwind. And I get my ass handed to me left and right. I load it up again, and am able to kill 2 or 3 ships, but then get my ass handed to me again. They just blast the shit out of me, and I have no way of out maneuvering them.

So wtf am I missing? I have to be missing something because this is a kid's game, right? And it's common knowledge this stuff is supposed to be on the easy side.

Has anyone else had a difficult time with the ship stuff?

EDIT: Bah I think I have it figured out. I have to manually get on the Voodoo cannons. Son of a bitch, haha.

Surfheart

WITH that being said, assume 6-ish hours per playset x 6 for 36 hours of content, PLUS even if we get another 4-5 hours from the Toy Box, that is over 40 hours of content from this release. Not at all a shabby number IMHO.

Problem with that is that it would cost me $194 AUD for all that content. Doesn't seem like good value.

With all of this being said, looking on HLTB it is showing both Skylanders 1 and Giants in the 11-12 hour time range. Skylanders completionist is listed at 21 hours.. not sure if that means completionist on the base game or including adventure packs. So unquestionably you are getting more content here than in Skylanders. What is your incentive to play additional characters through Skylanders? Do you have to play the whole game again? etc. (I know nothing about it). i.e. How/why would a kid play Giants from last October to this October?

My 4 year old and I have put over 80 hours into Skylanders Giants alone because it has supreme replayablity due to the emphasis on the figures to the game. Something that has been dissapointing about Infinity.

As you pointed out having extra characters is really pointless apart from unlocking playset levels for the toy box which feels like an insidious money grab to me.

drspeedy

Problem with that is that it would cost me $194 AUD for all that content. Doesn't seem like good value.

My 4 year old and I have put over 80 hours into Skylanders Giants alone because it has supreme replayablity due to the emphasis on the figures to the game. Something that has been dissapointing about Infinity.

As you pointed out having extra characters is really pointless apart from unlocking playset levels for the toy box which feels like an insidious money grab to me.

I have to agree here... There's little value in the extra characters, unless you really just want to play as one of them. Which is sad, because this game would have been all kinds of awesome if you had multiple quests with all the characters, even if they were shorter.

And using different story characters in the various playset levels... Man, what a missed opportunity to make the most amazing game ever. Swapping Jack Skellingon into Monsters, Mickey into The Incredibles... Which will eventually happen on the user generated content, but having to wait for something great to show up on there (and wading through the not-so-great) is a shame.

Ok, I have to get this out there. I feel bad for posting this, but I have to. I just have to.

Was playing the Pirates playset over the weekend, and it was very easy going. Not challenging at all. Until I got to the part where I have to fight 9 other ships with Tia Dalma inside some kind of whirwind. And I get my ass handed to me left and right. I load it up again, and am able to kill 2 or 3 ships, but then get my ass handed to me again. They just blast the shit out of me, and I have no way of out maneuvering them.

So wtf am I missing? I have to be missing something because this is a kid's game, right? And it's common knowledge this stuff is supposed to be on the easy side.

Has anyone else had a difficult time with the ship stuff?

EDIT: Bah I think I have it figured out. I have to manually get on the Voodoo cannons. Son of a bitch, haha.

Ha, same exact thing happened to me! I kept ignoring the comments about getting on the cannons (I have subtitles enabled so it was easy to see) but because I was able to kill all but the final ship the old fashioned way I wasn't even thinking about doing it manually. It wasn't until I realized the ships went down in one to two hits with the cannon that I realized I was actually doing it wrong.

borghe

Not sure about costs as I am in America, by at most you would need to buy the game and 3 playsets. At launch week we had playsets for 50% off and the starter set for 20% off. Furthermore let's not kid ourselves, Skylanders are far from cheap also, especially as you are talking about below. Bottom line is BOTH of these games should be entered into that the majority of purchases will be done with sales. Cost comparisons aside, anything less is disingenuous (and insanely expensive)

Eh, I don't know. I mean you are talking about cycling through the same 11 hour content more than 5 times because of the figures, but then complaining that it's not worth cycling through the content more than once because I the figures. I mean I'm not obtuse. I get the difference between Skylanders figures and Infinity. Still, you are still playing through the same content over again. And less content to boot (just comparing starter sets even). Now the leveling from one franchise to next is different... For now.. But that's not to say those levels (which will carry over to DI2) will still be meaningless. And it's not to say that getting those levels in DI1 is any more or less tedious than Skylanders. I'm not saying one is absolutely worse than the other. On the contrary I'm saying lets call a spade a spade. You are grinding out the same content over and over to increment some numbers saved on NFC chips on plastic figures. I'm also not saying DI doesn't have some stuff hidden behind a fairly serious grind wall.. But I think the difference between it and Skylanders is a VERY fine line at best. Anyway I plan on picking up Swap Force just because DI compelled me to see what Skylanders is about. But from everything I've read on it, each game definitely has its merits for grinding. Personally I am fine with Disney hiding the major toys behind the grind wall. I get the complaints, but me personally I am greatly enjoying aging the games (and sadly dished out the money for EVERYTHING because of the sales)

Anyway, as an update to Wii U spark mode. Apparently if you plan on going into spark mode much, go with off-TV play. I literally did it off-TV so I didn't see, but apparently off-TV I. The game still shows the video on the TV. So going to off-TV mode basically turns it into the PS360 version. Yeah it negates the mildly useful nature if the Gamepad but at least that crazy la won't be there. :(

dysonEA

My wife just picked this up for Wii U. Sad to see the Wii u pro controller not working with it even though its on the box. My question, is there a way to play local multiplayer with one on the game pad and one on the tv instead of split screen?

Surfheart

Eh, I don't know. I mean you are talking about cycling through the same 11 hour content more than 5 times because of the figures, but then complaining that it's not worth cycling through the content more than once because I the figures. I mean I'm not obtuse. I get the difference between Skylanders figures and Infinity. Still, you are still playing through the same content over again. And less content to boot (just comparing starter sets even). Now the leveling from one franchise to next is different... For now.. But that's not to say those levels (which will carry over to DI2) will still be meaningless. And it's not to say that getting those levels in DI1 is any more or less tedious than Skylanders. I'm not saying one is absolutely worse than the other. On the contrary I'm saying lets call a spade a spade. You are grinding out the same content over and over to increment some numbers saved on NFC chips on plastic figures. I'm also not saying DI doesn't have some stuff hidden behind a fairly serious grind wall.. But I think the difference between it and Skylanders is a VERY fine line at best.

It's true that you are going through the same content over and over in Skylanders but the combat is IMO more dynamic, each of the skylanders have a heap of different and interesting abilities to unlock and upgrade and levelling them makes them stronger. For me, this is the dangling carrot that Infinity is missing.

Because of the linear nature and structure of the playsets, they don't invite much incentive to replay them. The characters have very little exclusive content, and levelling them is relatively meaningless because they don't learn new abilities and they don't get any stronger.

I don't want Infinity to be skylanders with a Disney coat of paint, but I would have liked more meaningful character progression for the figures.

The mention of using a toy box item to "cheat" and level characters fast indicates to me that the design is flawed.

I think his question is more like, how do we know that's all there is on the disc?

Oh sorry. Yeah the disc contents on PS3 has been dumped or whatever:

Inside the game is the following folder structure:
PS3_GAME\USRDIR\ASSETS\GAMEDB

Inside the GAMEDB folder are the following folders:
ADVENTURE
AV_ANNA
AV_BARBOSA
AV_BARBOSSA
AV_BUZZ
AV_BUZZINFINITE
AV_BUZZ_GLOW
AV_CARS_FINN
AV_CARS_FRANCESCO
AV_DASH
AV_DAVYJONES
AV_ELASTIGIRL
AV_ELSA
AV_HOLLY
AV_JACKSKELLINGTON
AV_JACKSPARROW
AV_JACKSPARROWINFINITE
AV_JESSIE
AV_LONERANGER
AV_LONERANGERINFINITE
AV_MATER
AV_MCQUEEN
AV_MCQUEENINFINITE
AV_MICKEYMOUSE
AV_MICKEYMOUSEINFINITE
AV_MIKE
AV_MRINCREDIBLE
AV_MRINCREDIBLEINFINITE
AV_PERRY
AV_PERRYINFINITE
AV_PHINEAS
AV_RALPH
AV_RANDALL
AV_RAPUNZEL
AV_SALLY
AV_SULLY
AV_SULLYINFINITE
AV_SYNDROME
AV_TONTO
AV_VANELLOPE
AV_VIOLET
AV_WOODY
CARS
CORE
ENCHANTED
FRO_ANNA
FRO_ELSA
FUNHOUSE
GAMEDB.ZIP
GUEST2
INCREDIBLES
LONERANGER
LR_LONERANGER
LR_TONTO
MONSTERS
MONSTERSU
PIRATES
RUMPUSROOM
TOYBOX
TOYSTORY
TOYSTORYINSPACE

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/695533-disney-infinity/67021612

You can figure out what other Infinite (crystal) figures are coming from this too. Kind of evil that the three figures that come with the starter pack have Infinite versions. Woohoo rebuying the same ones!

Buzz Glow?!?!!?!?

Beat The Incredibles last night, 100% too. All challenges and missions completed. I THINK I got all the capsules, I mean, I'm not seeing anymore...am I missing where I can track this?

Game save says 8hrs for me. I have no idea what I want to tackle next. I'm thinking Cars just to get a different change of pace.

Beat The Incredibles last night, 100% too. All challenges and missions completed. I THINK I got all the capsules, I mean, I'm not seeing anymore...am I missing where I can track this?

Nope, nothing to track completion. I don't need an entire list but it wouldn't hurt to have something like xx/yy red capsules, xx/yy green capsules, xx/30 stars. Just so you know if you missed something.

Gabe3208

Banned

So true, after experiencing the grand Floridian, bay lakes, caribbean beach, pop and all-star, I can honestly say we'll never go cost saving again. The mid-price resorts are the best bang for your buck for sure. And I can attest that the transportation for the cost-saving resorts is horrible compared to the other two.

operon

Wife and I are think of maybe getting this for our son for Christmas, he's 5. I have a 360 and preordered the xbox one. Is there going to be a next gen version of this or should I just get this on the 360.

borghe

Glow in the dark buzz? Man.. That better not be obnoxious to get.

Edit - watched a few of those videos. Damn. I may have to take back some of the criticisms of DI compared to LBP. Apparently Toy Box is considerably more capable than I thought. Time to unlock some more toys!

Nope, nothing to track completion. I don't need an entire list but it wouldn't hurt to have something like xx/yy red capsules, xx/yy green capsules, xx/30 stars. Just so you know if you missed something.

yeah, the lack of a progression tracker bothers me a little.

I hit another wall: I tried to play online co-op but I could not do it with my son (playing with a friend of mine and his son) because the 360 account created for my son is silver. I have gold, I can go online, but as soon as I log him the game says that account lacks privilegies and DI will enter offline mode. What a bullshit! I am gold and I should be able to play online with guests. That is how it works with other games I have (PGR3/PGR4). Granted I only have tried with 1st party games but that situation should have been taken into consideration by Disney/Microsoft. A < point for the Xbox 360 version.

Wife and I are think of maybe getting this for our son for Christmas, he's 5. I have a 360 and preordered the xbox one. Is there going to be a next gen version of this or should I just get this on the 360.

No next-gen version announced maybe they will only release the next-year game (Infinites 2?) on next-gen machines.

I got the 360 version too. But see my last post about online co-op.

XShagrath

I hit another wall: I tried to play online co-op but I could not do it with my son (playing with a friend of mine and his son) because the 360 account created for my son is silver. I have gold, I can go online, but as soon as I log him the game says that account lacks privilegies and DI will enter offline mode. What a bullshit! I am gold and I should be able to play online with guests. That is how it works with other games I have (PGR3/PGR4). Granted I only have tried with 1st party games but that situation should have been taken into consideration by Disney/Microsoft. A < point for the Xbox 360 version.
I could be wrong, but I believe the way it works it that the "host account" can have guests that are local to their machine. So if your friend was hosting and had his son on as a guest, then you could join in because you're gold and can play online, but your son (silver) can't. If you hosted, you and your son should be able to play, but then maybe your friend's son would encounter the same problem you're experiencing, unless he's got gold.

I could be wrong, but I believe the way it works it that the "host account" can have guests that are local to their machine. So if your friend was hosting and had his son on as a guest, then you could join in because you're gold and can play online, but your son (silver) can't. If you hosted, you and your son should be able to play, but then maybe your friend's son would encounter the same problem you're experiencing, unless he's got gold.

I am not sure, but even playing the playsets in a local split-screen the game says the user has lack of privilegies and the game will enter offline mode as soon as my son logs in to join my game. There is no guest even on a local game.

Even if it is the situation you have described it is more restrictive than other MS games. I could add a silver account to play PGR3/4 with me while the other players online can also add their guests.

It seems that PS3/WiiU users have an advantage here.

finnaly got the Wii U version last night and played for a few hours! really in love!!!

my only problem is the framerate is really really bad. especially with 2 players.

do the other versions suffer from this?

Top Bottom