• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dissidia 012 [duodecim] Final Fantasy |OT| - better than your fanfiction

Will go back to playing Prologus (had to play Jikandia for a review) and am picking up my copy tomorrow at GS. Haven't really had time to dive into the JP one - mostly because I've been really busy - but at least I can dedicate it to the NA version.

Still debating if I want to get the OST, but it'll most likely have to wait until next month as buying my 3DS is going to tap me out until payday.

Bebpo

Banned
Randomly related. I think the reason SE games have such ridiculous titles is because they can't have ANY titles for mainline FF games. They're all just FF1/FF2/FF3/etc... whereas each Dragon Quest game has a unique subtitle. So they take their pent up frustration at not being able to name the main FF games and blow it all out with overly ridiculous titles for all their other games.

Vanille

Adam Prime said:
Great, can't wait for this release!

Quick question: this Friend Code thing, you share your Ghost and statistics... how does that work? That means you can play another user's AI against the CPU...? Or how exactly does that work, do you have to be in the same room or just exchange the number code and it downloads the information from the net or something?

The latter. After you've exchanged friend codes, you can download friend cards which contain ghost data from MogWeb.

Bebpo said:
Randomly related. I think the reason SE games have such ridiculous titles is because they can't have ANY titles for mainline FF games. They're all just FF1/FF2/FF3/etc... whereas each Dragon Quest game has a unique subtitle. So they take their pent up frustration at not being able to name the main FF games and blow it all out with overly ridiculous titles for all their other games.

It's a shame really. FFXIII: My Hands Don't Want To Start Again would probably have sold much, much better than plain old FFXIII.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Vanille said:
The latter. After you've exchanged friend codes, you can download friend cards which contain ghost data from MogWeb.

So you're uploading your data to MogWeb and others are downloading it?

That's. Freaking. NEAT.

A lot of stuff this week.

I want this but I may hold off until later. If it's on PSN (which I'm pretty sure it will be), I can wait.

I'm glad it's only $29.99.

rataven

Amazon always worries me a bit with their shipment notifications for release day deliveries, but I just got mine! Yay! It also came with an unexpected surprise. At some point, the PO price must have dropped, because they charged me $25.99, rather than $29.99 when I pre-ordered. I know they have their PO guarantee, but it's just so crazy they honor it when customers (meaning me) didn't even know about the difference. Amazon customer for life.

Salsa

This game contains the first one as well right ? like the same campaign with the new tweaks or something ?

is that prominent in the OP ? would suck if someone bought the first one now..

Tellaerin

The End said:
Get it off of PSN?

Really, from this point forward, if the price is close, the ability to play PSP-PSN games on future hardware easily tips the scales.

Unless you intend to sell or trade in the game towards something else once you've gotten your money's worth from it, in which case the scales tip back in the other direction. :p

Not everyone holds onto their games forever.

Varshes

Dark Schala said:
Ugh, what should I do? Apparently my EB isn't getting it until next week, which means waiting an extra week and playing Prologus repeatedly (and it's actually a lot of game for $3). I'm wondering if I should just cancel the EB preorder, put the money down on my 3DS and then get it from Amazon instead.

In other news, my LE OST shipped! :D

I was told Wesnesday due to manufacturing delay (probably printing the lame bilingual packaging), so I'd check back then...

eller711

Neo Member
I'm kinda regretting not ordering through Amazon to get that Amano Tifa costume. Does anyone know if they are going to make it available later as DLC? Or, if someone wants to trade for the KH Cloud outfit they could PM me. Just throwing it out there ;)

Yeah, I forget what interview it was in but it was said that this would be the final game in the "Dissidia" series that would be a game like this. A fighting game essentially. Leaves the door open for other types of games using the Dissidia mythos but still, bummer.

Teknoman said:
Guess I better sell the original and get this version?

Well people keeping saying its like SSF but really only in terms of gameplay. The story is completely new and the narrative is effectively the vehicle for the game mechanics.

duckroll

TheChillyAcademic said:
Well people keeping saying its like SSF but really only in terms of gameplay. The story is completely new and the narrative is effectively the vehicle for the game mechanics.

Wellllll. The 012 story is completely new, but the 013 story is exactly the same, except with revamped gameplay areas. The 012 story only involves the new characters, so effectively the "story mode" for the returning characters are still only the 013 story.

hamchan

I can't believe they made 12 of these games already.

About time they added Tifa, Yuna and Laguna. Hyped to play as some hot chicks and one of the best characters ever. They should have just stopped FFVIII halfway in development and made a whole game for Laguna.

Ellis Kim

Banned
Duckroll... I'm only asking this because I feel so freaking torn between the fact that I bought Dissidia when it went on sale late last year on PSN for $10 and barely played it... but...

How---HOW--- awesome... is Prishe?

I feel like if I buy Duodecim now, I'm gonna feel really nasty about having Dissidia just burning through my memory stick and download list, without having put in more than 5 hours of playtime into it...

I ended up playing WoL's story like 5 times to get a bunch of his unlock stuff... and I don't even like playing as him! I've barely scratched the surface with the other characters :S

duckroll

Vhalyar said:
Wait what? Was this officially said?

Yes. Nomura stated in the last interview about Dissidia012 before the JP release, that the Dissidia team is kinda burnt out of working on a fighting game series. In future he hopes to allow the team to explore other genres and other possibilities under the Dissidia brand, but as far as an on-going crossover fighting game series goes, this is the final entry.

warpaint

was playing the demo for the first one alot last night have to something about just clicked more so now then before i ddon't know why i didn't pick it up before it is really fun so i will keep a eye out for this one

duckroll

Ellis Kim said:
Duckroll... I'm only asking this because I feel so freaking torn between the fact that I bought Dissidia when it went on sale late last year on PSN for $10 and barely played it... but...

How---HOW--- awesome... is Prishe?

I feel like if I buy Duodecim now, I'm gonna feel really nasty about having Dissidia just burning through my memory stick and download list, without having put in more than 5 hours of playtime into it...

I ended up playing WoL's story like 5 times to get a bunch of his unlock stuff... and I don't even like playing as him! I've barely scratched the surface with the other characters :S

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=423233

You can probably dig through this thread for my comments on the game, and on Prishe. There's probably a video somewhere in there where I linked a video I uploaded of Prishe after I unlocked her too.

Sorry, but I don't like repeating myself much. :(

Bebpo

Banned
TheChillyAcademic said:

The game includes the original storyline with all the cutscenes from the first game as well.

There is no reason to own the original after 012. 012 completely replaces it. So yeah, if you can get any money for the original, might as well sell it.

Ellis Kim

Banned
duckroll said:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=423233

You can probably dig through this thread for my comments on the game, and on Prishe. There's probably a video somewhere in there where I linked a video I uploaded of Prishe after I unlocked her too.

Sorry, but I don't like repeating myself much. :(
yeah, I asked what you thought of her in the previous thread. I was just hoping someone could blow me away with the truth and reason to pick this up on release date :x

faridmon

I am thinking of getting the limited edition, but Its kind of full price. Tactics Ogre broke my wallet for quite some time...

Vanille

Adam Prime said:
So you're uploading your data to MogWeb and others are downloading it?

That's. Freaking. NEAT.

Well a few people are reporting now that MogWeb has been removed from the NA/EU version. Really hope this isn't true. :/

duckroll

Vanille said:
Well a few people are reporting now that MogWeb has been removed from the NA/EU version. Really hope this isn't true. :/

I won't be surprised. It's a very JP-centric feature. It's not really completely self-sufficient in the game menu itself. There are various hooks specifically to the JP Square Enix Members site. Similar to The 3rd Birthday, it allows you to upload your data to their servers, and then link your game code id to your Square Enix Member's account. You can't do any specific search from the MogWeb menus at all, but instead you have to search using the Square Enix Members site for interesting ghosts or various player cards that interest you, and then note down their card ids, to enter into MogWeb to add them.

You can also let the automatic street-pass-like feature gather player cards for you based on your conditions when you upload your data, but it's not very reliable and I don't really get many results from that. I also got a ton of error messages from that service so far.

Overall, it's a pretty specific client-server system which I can't imagine that S-E will bother localizing for the English versions of their games considering how poor PSP sales are in the first place. Why spend all that money putting up online services, when the majority of people who use it are going to be... pirates. Seems like a huge waste of resources to me honestly.

TheChillyAcademic said:
CANNOT WAIT!!!

Also sad face that we wont see another Dissidia, in this form, after this.

This too saddens me greatly my brother in arms. I honestly thought at some point in the future SE would have entertained the idea of making this into a console fighter with online & everything...alas I'll enjoy this for what it is.

I also discovered that my original save for the first game with 100+ hours was deleted (thank you unwelcomed relatives). My initial rage turned into optimism soon after.

Seda

Eh, I might get this, I didn't like the difficulty spike of the first one at the final boss. The rest of the game was moderately easy until then. I didn't bother with post game cause it seemed like a ton of grinding.

Seda said:
Eh, I might get this, I didn't like the difficulty spike of the first one at the final boss. The rest of the game was moderately easy until then. I didn't bother with post game cause it seemed like a ton of grinding.

Seems like they added more to that but like the first game I'm going to play post game over slowly but surely.

Lain

I have the limited edition preordered. I'm a but bummed out by the fact some costumes are preorder bonus here and there. I'm guessing in time they'll be made available for purchase on PSN?

Ace_235 said:
Got mine it was waiting for me when i got home from school.

I hope the costumes will be made available on PSN too.
If you mean Tifa's and Cloud's costumes, you can already put in your code to get them.
TheChillyAcademic said:
Yeah, I forget what interview it was in but it was said that this would be the final game in the "Dissidia" series that would be a game like this. A fighting game essentially. Leaves the door open for other types of games using the Dissidia mythos but still, bummer.
From what I remember, they said the difference for the next Dissidia would like KH to KH2. So I don't think they meant they're going to completely scrap the gameplay or something.

GoldandBlue said:

From what I remember, they said the difference for the next Dissidia would like KH to KH2.
So I don't think they meant they're going to completely scrap the gameplay or something.

So were going to smash the X button more and or have a one button special...works for me.

Top Bottom