• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dissidia 012 [duodecim] Final Fantasy |OT| - better than your fanfiction

Mr.Fresh

ChronicleX said:
If I wasn't stuck with lame ass Lightning that Moogle would be eating its own words.
Haha I know right! I just thought it was hilarious though they should of let you pick whoever you want.

Im_Special said:
Not necessarily, some games are coded to work differently with Data Install being installed (I'm looking at you Monster Hunter), though I haven't tested this yet with 012 it still is possible to reduce load times, the game is no doubt heavily compressed and encrypted so that data install could be a portion of the game that isn't.

If anyone can test this with and without the Data Install and note the load times for the PSN version, that would be great as I'd have to delete something to make room for this install, and I don't really want to as I play those other games regularly.

Here're two examples of my own:

1) Bought Dissida1 off PSN to play on my Go and noticed that the data install did absolutely nothing for load times so I deleted the install. Game was still seconds faster in loading compared to UMD + data install (which was the max install).

2) Direct rip of KHBBS iso onto my Go, was just as fast as iso + data install, so no increase in load times ever occurred.

So again, if you buy off PSN, you do not need to install the data as load times are not decreased in any way.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Never played the original. Loving this one so far. All the different button commands and menus are a bit confusing. There's so much thrown at you, but I'm starting to pick it up.

How long before I can pick my own character? I'm about an hour in so far and they will only let me use Lightning.

My EB is having shipping issues with Dissidia 012 so it looks like I'll have some more time to go through the arcade mode in the Prologus and farm Chocobo Cologne's. I never played around with any of the Chaos characters from the first game, so it's been a learning experience with more than just the new characters available in the arcade mode. I really like Jecht, he's such a monster up close and Sephiroth is a pretty fun mid-range character.

I really don't know who I'm going to sink the most time into.

xero273

Darkness said:
Never played the original. Loving this one so far. All the different button commands and menus are a bit confusing. There's so much thrown at you, but I'm starting to pick it up.

How long before I can pick my own character? I'm about an hour in so far and they will only let me use Lightning.

story mode goes by chapters. when you get to the next chapter you can use another character.

Don't know why, but feels like the last boss fights ramped up in diffculty. Everything was easy and then get to the last boss fight diffculty just jumps up.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
When you start the game, is there no way to grind up character levels other than in story mode? I see that Arcade mode doesn't allow you...

Adam Prime said:
When you start the game, is there no way to grind up character levels other than in story mode? I see that Arcade mode doesn't allow you...
If it's anything like the first game, you'd have to do it in Player vs. CPU fights. Arcade Mode always uses pre-cons.

rataven

HiddenWings said:
So, just started the game. If anyone asks, you are NOT a master. (But you might want to claim to be one, it's kind of funny.)
I went ahead and answered 'I am' to this, cause I was feeling all confident in my Dissidia skills......
hahaha, jokes on me! Crazy thing is, someone, sometime, will probably figure out a way to beat him.

Bebpo

Banned
I don't think Lightning is bad, just her starting moves kind of suck and even at higher levels I found her magic/heal forms totally useless. But her combat form is pretty solid; some great HP attacks.

At the start when she had no good moves I just use standard air combos to break.

I want to learn all there is about this game. I kinda sucked at the first game and my friend was always kicking my ass up and down.

RiderKairuu said:
I want to learn all there is about this game. I kinda sucked at the first game and my friend was always kicking my ass up and down.
I don't wanna sound like I'm promoting or anything, but all of the good shit I learned from the first game, I got from lurking dissidiaforums. I was shocked at how many infinites there were in the first game, for example.

Professor Beef said:
I don't wanna sound like I'm promoting or anything, but all of the good shit I learned from the first game, I got from lurking dissidiaforums. I was shocked at how many infinites there were in the first game, for example.
I just found out about dodge cancelling and infinites the other day..I've been doing it wrong lol, though its my understanding that DCing is for the most part gone?

Beth Cyra

Well this sucks.

Was really excited to come home and play it but when I got here and got my Cloud DLC dl'd and everything it can't use it.

I hear it has something to do with the CFW and that's cool I will probably play it on one of my other units later. Just I prefer that unit and I really don't want to level again or go with out my Cloud Costume since that is the whole reason I bought it from GS.

RiderKairuu said:
I just found out about dodge cancelling and infinites the other day..I've beend doing it wrong lol, though its my understanding that DCing is for the most part gone?
Yeah, which means crazy stuff like Cloud's old Slash Blow infinite don't work anymore.

Tizoc

OK silly question- This game comes with the first game in it correct? Or is this just for the special edition?

Also a shame DiMaggio isn't voicing Gilgamesh in this game =(

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Shadow780 said:
Am I hallucinating or did they fasten the brave attacks in chase sequences? I can't react to this shit!

yeah they sure did. If you're going to dodge brave attacks in a chase you have to decide that right away, there's still some timing in HP attack dodging, but it's really really been sped up.

I like it! :)

Lydecker

Neo Member
The Prologus demo wasn't supposed to hit EU PSN today ?

I would like to give it a try before I decide whether or not I'll buy the final game.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Aw man all the music arrangements in this game are soooo good! This game is worth purchasing alone if you just enjoy the music of the entire Final Fantasy series, it's like owning one really bad ass OST.

And playing the story mode reminds me of how much I actually enjoyed FFXIII music. The boss, battle, and Overworld theme are all excellent! I think the XIII boss and battle musics are my favorite in the game!

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
duckroll said:
So, since people are already playing the English version, is Mogweb confirmed to be removed?

Yup, it's not there. Only way to trade data is Ad-Hoc it seems. Although it seems that you can make a Save File of your "Friend card"... I think that what it looks like.

So maybe you can e-mail or upload your save data and play others friends' cards that way?

xero273

Tizoc said:
OK silly question- This game comes with the first game in it correct? Or is this just for the special edition?

Also a shame DiMaggio isn't voicing Gilgamesh in this game =(

You have to beat the main story first then you can play the 1st game's story

duckroll

xero273 said:
You have to beat the main story first then you can play the 1st game's story

I kinda feel that the "main story" is actually still the first game. The 012 story is much shorter, and generally feels like some completely unimportant spin-off.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
duckroll said:
I kinda feel that the "main story" is actually still the first game. The 012 story is much shorter, and generally feels like some completely unimportant spin-off.
I agree. In scope and in length, 012 does feel like an unnecessary way to introduce new characters and sell another product. Honestly, I just wanted new characters. I didn't really need a story.

Lydecker said:
The Prologus demo wasn't supposed to hit EU PSN today ?

I would like to give it a try before I decide whether or not I'll buy the final game.
It is last I checked, yeah. The store will probably have it up around 5-6PM tonight...

duckroll

All Tina/Terra players need to realize that her ground Fire move, when mastered, can now be equipped with a new Brave-to-HP Firega attack. This means once the Fire connects and launches the enemy into a chase sequence, instead of hitting X, just press [] to NUKE the opponent! :D

Skilletor said:
Are there new moves for the old characters?
For some of them. All of the characters have been "re-balanced", which means new moves for some to cover weaknesses, and changed moves for pretty much everyone. I only really notice changes in characters I play, but for Zidane this manifested as removed moves and links, (he can no longer chain everything to Meo Twister), and slightly faster magic attacks (they're still pretty bad). Cloud got faster brave attacks, and magic that actually does something.

Skilletor said:
Are there new moves for the old characters?
I think the only two old characters that didn't get any new moves are Shantotto and Kefka, though they've have numerous tweaks to their old ones, just like everyone else. I also think the only new moves that Cloud and Tidus got are just aerial versions of previously ground only moves.

Top Bottom