• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 |OT| Dragons & Dungeon Mastering

Tovarisc

I feel like I need scrap my Game 1 and restart. Got to clearing Fort proper with level 4 party of Figher, Rogue, Cleric and Wizard. It's such anti-fun slog through nuts physical and magic armor mobs without group being able to burn through them in meaningful time. Feels like I need push a lot more points to raw HP so shit doesn't die in one round from 2 archers.

Any good rounded group comp suggestions are welcomed, need consider them and possibl restart more tomorrow.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Do quests / Things in your journal actual complete? I'm pretty damn sure i've done some of the quests but there's no obvious signs that it's "completed".

Vamphuntr

Is each act a point of no return or can you return to previous areas to finish quests?

Yes the game tells you that you won't be coming back and quests will be closed.

I found the second act to be much better balanced so far than the first. Once you get source spells that actually packs a punch it gets better.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
How much control do you have over their customization as far as class or leveling is concerned?

When you recruit them they actually ask you what class you'd like them to be, which is frankly an amazing feature that I can't believe hasn't been done before now.

You have full control over how they level up, you can also respec them once you reach a certain point in the game.

Trickster

How easy is it to miss out on companions?

Wondering because
it looks like most of them are here in the very first area of the game?

When you recruit them they actually ask you what class you'd like them to be, which is frankly an amazing feature that I can't believe hasn't been done before now.

You have full control over how they level up, you can also respec them once you reach a certain point in the game.

It's bonkers how such a simple idea made me giggle with such glee. My least favourite part of any RPG is matching personalities I enjoy with the tactical needs of my team, and in one simple prompt box they made it that much better.

I'm really, really looking forward to getting home in a couple hours and dumping my night and most of my morning into this.

Sanctuary

I LOST the stupid cat and now I can't find it and I have to go back through all my older saves *tears out hair*

Mine got one-shot by some guards for no reason in a previous playthrough. Also, Fane as a recruitable companion is not able to lockpick. I guess it only works if you pick him as your player character.

Having a trouble choosing an origin character and a class at the beginning... everything seems so interesting. Any suggestions?

For an origin: choose which one you think would be the most interesting to see through your own way. Instead of watching which one seems the most interesting to play?

For a class: No real help here sadly. You can customize all your party members so you can make anything you want. I think Shadowblade is pretty cool if you're feeling sneaky? Rogue + Polymorph skills.

For some reason guards will take a potshot at it sometimes and can kill it just as you are passing by.
Mine got one-shot by some guards for no reason in a previous playthrough. Also, Fane as a recruitable companion is not able to lockpick. I guess it only works if you pick him as your player character.

They think it's bad luck.

Fane- he needs the lockpicking skill, he just doesn't need lockpicks.

Is Ifan's quest bugged? It says to talk to Magistar Borris for a weapon and he just tells me to shove off.

Are you trying to talk to him as Ifan?

UberLevi

I feel like I need scrap my Game 1 and restart. Got to clearing Fort proper with level 4 party of Figher, Rogue, Cleric and Wizard. It's such anti-fun slog through nuts physical and magic armor mobs without group being able to burn through them in meaningful time. Feels like I need push a lot more points to raw HP so shit doesn't die in one round from 2 archers.

Any good rounded group comp suggestions are welcomed, need consider them and possibl restart more tomorrow.

Me and my buddy have a Polymorph Huntsman elf, a Necromancer Summoner undead, a two-handed Warfare lizard, and a Battlemage sword and shield Dwarf and we've Been managing pretty well on classic. We get wiped in the occasional unprepared encounter but summons, a ranged dps, a tank with stuns, and a melee dps are what our current party looks like. Level 5 and cleared out all but one room of the fort so far.

Massicot

I was really hoping to sink a lot of time into this tonight but I'm getting lots of long loading times and crashes. Normally I'm pretty lucky on that front too. Sigh.

How easy is it to miss out on companions?

Wondering because
it looks like most of them are here in the very first area of the game?

They are all in the first area. There's only one that I would say is hidden, but still in the first area, and only slightly hidden.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Wait, does the Lizard race's innate poison resist reduce poison healing if they're undead?

All I wanted to do was play as a dinosaur fossil...

So I just did the Vault of Braccus Rex quest and met
my Divinity/God which si for the human race
suffice to say its awkward having my main be a caster instead of a warrior archetype.

Burt

oh god

oh lordy

If anyone was wondering if there are same sex relationships

At least one person in your team is down for anything

quicker than you can even realize what's happening

for science

I know feelings on the physical/magic armor are mixed, but I really love the difficulty it introduces. I can't just create death fields and expect them to work. I'm absolutely loving the mix of difficulty yet freedom from the combat. I'm replaying fights quite a bit but enjoying it each time since I learn better tactics. Also, who is the pyro seller in the fort? I'm bad at keeping track of who sells what.

I just
broke out of the fort after killing the magister who rips the source out of the elf woman. That was a fun fight. I didn't realize a ladder would drop me out of the fort, so I gotta go back in since there's some stuff I haven't finished up.

Adnor

Banned
oh god

oh lordy

If anyone was wondering if there are same sex relationships

At least one person in your team is down for anything

quicker than you can even realize what's happening

for science

And my skeleton lizardman was able to flirt with Ifan.

On another note, the Vault of Braccus Rex gave me a bunch of soul jars, one of these soul jars is a key NPC I met before. I can't absorb the soul yet due to the source collar but when I freed the spirit the key NPC died and I could loot her stuff. Luckily I saved before hand to see what it would do, but now I'm starting to wonder what to do with these soul jars. Free the spirits or consume them (once I get the collar off)?

Unai

Wow, even the fight against the
turtles
is so much easier on Classic than on Tactician that is not even funny.

Trickster

So I read something about a
black cat being a pet if you keep it alive
, is there any obvious benefits to keep it around?

Just finished clearing out the FJ. Haven't died once on classic so far, i feel like most people struggling must not be taking the time to go round collecting spellbooks/armour. (Well i guess you could make the mistake of not getting pickpocket)

Adnor

Banned
So I read something about a
black cat being a pet if you keep it alive
, is there any obvious benefits to keep it around?

Black cat spoilers:
One of your characters, the one the cat is following, is going to get the cat as a summon. For me it was The Red Prince, who sadly has 0 levels on summon, so the only thing the cat can do is jump and change places with his owner,
don't know what he gets if you level up summon

Adnor

Banned
Is there any way back into Fort Joy once you escape? I've found two ways out but neither seems to let me back in the same way.

Not really a spoiler but still:
Yes, but the magisters will attack you on sight. Some of the exits have a way to go back and you can teleport to the waypoints inside the town

BaconHat

Anyone know where are the next skill books vendors after the first ones in fort joy?
A few of them are dead inside the fort in my game and reloading an older save would set me back hours.

Man crafting is way harder to figure out now without resorting to looking them up

lol accidentally posted in Destiny 2 thread because in my head there was no way that thread would be popular or active

Dipper145

Do quests / Things in your journal actual complete? I'm pretty damn sure i've done some of the quests but there's no obvious signs that it's "completed".

I'm having the same problems, it seems like I've done everything in the quest, but they are still listed under the active category in the journal...

Some quests have been completed or failed and been marked as (closed) and then put into the archives I think, but there seems to be quite a few quests in the first area that I haven't completed.

If completing them moves them over to the archives section of the journal, does completing them also grant extra experience?

Just got to the 2nd main world area, been really enjoying the game so far. Playing it on normal difficulty and the 1st boss was very challenging, and took me several tries until I set everything up a lot more tactically since I knew what would/could happen. Been a little annoying sometimes when characters don't recognize me between talking to them, and then meeting them again elsewhere, but that might be me controlling certain origin characters as the conversation person, and the original one I picked at other points.

For anyone worried about putting points and skills into the wrong stuff early on
in between the 1st and 2nd world on the ship you can go to the mirror and adjust any of the characters skills/abilities/whatever you've put points into

Massicot

This is probably my issue huh, a memory leak?

image.png

For quest log issues - click and unclick the completed/active quests box at the bottom, along with checking all the quest updates. Do this a few times, then close and open the whole journal menu. That fixes it for me.

Stiler

So do the party members not in your group travel with you or once you leave the first area is that your set party and you can't get the others that you leave behind?

Top Bottom