• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 |OT| Dragons & Dungeon Mastering

got a weird bug while still in Fort Joy area

if the saving animation is on screen panning the camera, click moving or do anything will cause a crash to desktop

Type2

I started my solo file today with a pretty fun set up.
My main is ifan conjurer who is the party support, fane is a rogue with geo, the elf is my witch and the red prince is a battlemage tank.
I have so much more utility during this run and I've also been abusing pickpocketing to save me some gold.
Lucky charm has gotten me some crazy gold/gear.

kromeo

Once you get more than 4 characters can you just switch them in and out of your party like in the first game? Does your starting character have to stay in the party?

Once you get more than 4 characters can you just switch them in and out of your party like in the first game? Does your starting character have to stay in the party?

Yes. They'll go back to their own hang around spot and you can recruit them again later.

Anoxida

I think I worked out what I was doing wrong with Sebille as a rogue, I'd forgotten to give her gear beyond her starting gear. She does 4x the damage now and doesn't drop dead when someone sneezes on her.

Rogues are really, really powerful. Check my previous post for tips if you're not sure how to level your Rogue. My shadowstalker is insane.

Jag

Seems my friend has the save file out of us 4.

Anyway for us to get the save file also??

Dropbox?

Hint for teleportation. If you cant get to an item, teleport it back to you. I got some chests that way that I was unable to reach.

Taruranto

Loot is still randomized, right?

Anyway, I started this finally. Only took me 3 restarts to decide a character to settle in, but then again, I basically remade my DOS1 character, eh.

bati

Is there a way to get aoe loot on kbm? Gamepad has it and it's phenomenal. Also, any way to read scrolls/books without picking them up? It seems RMB works but you have to be really close?

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
This journal / quest log system is driving me insane, Complete you stupid things! I still have red flags on the map for no reason and the quests seem to still be active.

Loot is still randomized, right?

Most loot are randomized, but there are also fixed loot like unique gears from certain chest/NPC.

Is there a way to get aoe loot on kbm? Gamepad has it and it's phenomenal. Also, any way to read scrolls/books without picking them up? It seems RMB works but you have to be really close?

You can read scrolls/books without picking them up with a gamepad.

It's the same button as sending loot to another character without picking it up with your controlled one.

This journal / quest log system is driving me insane, Complete you stupid things! I still have red flags on the map for no reason and the quests seem to still be active.

Indeed. It's my biggest (and probably my only) gripe with this game so far. I can barely keep up with the journal updates and I don't know what should I do next most of the time. The marks on the map aren't that helpful either, and they don't disappear after the quest is done.

Artdayne

Is there any actual reason to make rounded up group (both phys and magic) instead of just stacking e.g. physical and absolutely destroying physical side of enemies? At least in Act 1 it doesn't seem to matter early on and you are just in disadvantage with rounded up group as enemies have insane amounts of both armor and you chip at both slowly.

Edit: Also gotta agree with post I saw here or on Reddit, it's kinda lol how a lot difficulty comes from just enemies having insane amount of both armor and 2-3x your AP.

Yes, because some enemies have far more physical armor than magic armor and vice versa. I mean, a lot of it is going to depend on what difficulty you are playing on and honestly even Classic has mostly been pretty easy for me as of late. I do think you want a good mix of magic and physical damage along with a good mix of healing and cc. They took this away from the tool tip so I'm really not sure if its in the game anymore but previously leveling up Warfare made you do increasingly more damage to armor. All I know is that my two handed warrior shreds physical armor quite well and my pyromancer shreds magic armor very well. I don't need a full team of one damage time to cc and kill things.

Anoxida

I agree. Got like 25 active quests/journal entries right now and markers everywhere.

Moff

I see them more as points of interests than questmarkers. Some marked npcs or locations are important for more than 1 quest

Lanrutcon

Getting into the game now.

Dwarven Rogue is level 5, well equipped, can turn invisible, teleport, steal a ton of stuff and has enough invisibility potions to run through any combat. I've only fought like, 4? fights outside the tutorial area so far. I'm just exploring and stealing stuff.

Once I get barter to 3 I'm going to start unloading my inventory. Probably packing around 30 skill books at the moment.

So I'm at a new land and at a Graveyard and everything is 2 or 3 levels higher and it's getting to be a pain. Sometimes wish it was possible to farm xp.

Tovarisc

Ended up restarting the game with tad better idea of what to do.

Going for
  1. Fighter
  2. Rogue
  3. Wizard
  4. ?
party composition. Can't decide between Enchanter and Conjurer. On paper Enchanter sounds like decent fit as it's buffer and debuffer class.

Suggestions? :)

Rad-

Just noticed Necro damage spells get their damage increased from Warfare. Gave my Necro dude some points into that for the shield stuff and his damage with spells jumped up.

Getting the flight skill for polymorph opens a world of new possibilities. Both in and out of combat.

Polymorph is just utility and CC for days--it's easy to reach the casters and archers, then focus them down. Plus as a Shadowblade, an enemy with no armour is dead; they just aren't having a turn again.
Take care of the cat folks.

Someone killed the cat so I just killed every Magister in the fort to balance things out.

I'll have to do that next time, though.

Mudo

Polymorph and necromancy are very good secondary skillsets for a physical dude so you can give those to warrior and rogue. I'd give polymorph to warrior (many polymorph skills are STR based) and necromancy to rogue.

In the case of the rogue, would you put points into both Intelligence and Finesse then, and focus mostly on the poison abilities from the Necromancy line? Thanks for helping!

Vamphuntr

Yes. They'll go back to their own hang around spot and you can recruit them again later.

This is false.
The rest get killed during the ship attack in act 2. You see their ghost lol

About the cat thing.
If you skip going near the magisters gate in fort joy and keep progressing the cat becomes a Summon Familiar spell after you escape the prison.

Take care of the cat folks.

Getting the flight skill for polymorph opens a world of new possibilities. Both in and out of combat.

Save scum for the win.

I actually had a bad feeling before approaching the gate. They only shoot the cat there.

This is false.
The rest get killed during the ship attack in act 2. You see their ghost lol

About the cat thing.
If you skip going near the magisters gate in fort joy and keep progressing the cat becomes a Summon Familiar spell after you escape the prison.

Whaaat..

Any videos of the controller in action?
I did YouTube searches, tried to find a Twitch stream...can't find anything.

I want to see how the UI looks in-game, in-menu, etc...so far, comin' up empty in my efforts to find somethin'.

From what I can tell its near identical to the UI for OS1's enhanced edition. So you can just look at videos from that.

I'm a bit disappointed with the first town, not because of the lack of content but in term of immersion. This is supposed to be a prison ruled by magisters but you can freely walk around with your weapons and all little details like that make me "not feeling it" compared to DOS where I liked the first town much more.

I think it's kind of like Escape from New York- the Magistrate's don't really care what happens on the island among the inmates as long as no one threatens the castle.

Sarcasm

I'm a bit disappointed with the first town, not because of the lack of content but in term of immersion. This is supposed to be a prison ruled by magisters but you can freely walk around with your weapons and all little details like that make me "not feeling it" compared to DOS where I liked the first town much more.

Did you talk to the child near where you was ashore?
Near the Braccus Rex statue

Child states they don't care cause they can't escape.

Rad-

In the case of the rogue, would you put points into both Intelligence and Finesse then, and focus mostly on the poison abilities from the Necromancy line? Thanks for helping!

I'd go just finesse. Int isn't that needed for a necro as he also gets damage bonus from warfare. So finesse for attributes and for skill lines scoundrel + warfare + necro. From necro skills I'd take at least Death Wish. It goes really well with damage dealers. The damage boost is massive. I use it on my ranger and she just wrecks with it.

Paulee

have not played the first game yet but the seccond is great so far .
The coop works great its just annoying that only the host can change which player gets the npcs.
I just skilled pet talking and gave a dog a human arm which he didnt like because he doesent eat human flesh and he attacked me.

Lanrutcon

Hang on to your starter wands, folks. Characters with only 10 Int often need a way to put an element down at range. The starter 2-3 damage fire wand is like a lighter.

Also the AI isn't smart enough to destroy crates to get through chokepoints. Moving some crates around often breaks combat if you do it strategically.

Seems so, my friend was pretty upset about it.

What's a good stat focus for a pure conjurer (summoning) or alternatively, a good complementary skill line?

Depends on what you wanna do, but you can spend most of your AP casting summons and buffs so if that's what you want to do, stats don't really matter other than being able to equip gear(int gear seems to have caster skills most often, since you'd want a little bit of int, but not much). Rest of stats would be memory/con/wits, whichever you prefer, you can spread stats on summoner since they don't affect damage. For other skill lines, Fire for Haste/Clear Mind, Geo for Fortify, Hydro for Restoration/Armour of Frost, maybe Aero 2 for Teleportation(can try to get a ring or whatever to get +2 with only 1pt or can just use the gloves you get and ignore that on this char). Can also use these to create surfaces if you want by grabbing the relevant skills, but that's gonna require a lot of memory to slot everything.

Keasar

Welp.

I am stuck.

Can't leave the island. Final boss is just too damn difficult. I've been smashing my head at him for 2 hours now and I am just not making any progress. I can't revive, they get mutilated immediately. I can't single out people, gives the rest easy targets to my more vulnerable party members. Nothing is working.

What is the biggest insult however is that the bastard auto-levels along with you, so the first time I tried him he was level 6, thought I could maybe even the scales a bit so I did some more quests, found all enemies I could fight etc. and got an extra two levels out of it. Then I come back and now the asshole is level 8.

Fuck.

That.

Edit: Hah! Yes! Got the bastard by playing like a coward and aggroing them all into kill fields where I could finally handle them! Still hated the fight! But damn I glad to be done with it!

Chaos17

Did you talk to the child near where you was ashore?
Near the Braccus Rex statue

Child states they don't care cause they can't escape.

I did and seriously with all the available items that people can carry, you could just build a raft and leave the island since surveillance is so bad, lol
So I really don't have that feeling "you can't leave" at all, only the monsters quests are a threat not the magisters, imo xD

Ryzaki009

Is there any actual reason to make rounded up group (both phys and magic) instead of just stacking e.g. physical and absolutely destroying physical side of enemies? At least in Act 1 it doesn't seem to matter early on and you are just in disadvantage with rounded up group as enemies have insane amounts of both armor and you chip at both slowly.

Edit: Also gotta agree with post I saw here or on Reddit, it's kinda lol how a lot difficulty comes from just enemies having insane amount of both armor and 2-3x your AP.

Yes so many times my pure mage has nothing to do but twiddle his thumbs because the magical armor is like 800 (which he's not breaking through anytime soon) compared to the 200 or something physical armor that's easily broken through. Thankfully he's mostly support so I usually have him buffing others but even then he still so often is just passing turns.

bati

Depends on what you wanna do, but you can spend most of your AP casting summons and buffs so if that's what you want to do, stats don't really matter other than being able to equip gear(int gear seems to have caster skills most often, since you'd want a little bit of int, but not much). Rest of stats would be memory/con/wits, whichever you prefer, you can spread stats on summoner since they don't affect damage. For other skill lines, Fire for Haste/Clear Mind, Geo for Fortify, Hydro for Restoration/Armour of Frost, maybe Aero 2 for Teleportation(can try to get a ring or whatever to get +2 with only 1pt or can just use the gloves you get and ignore that on this char). Can also use these to create surfaces if you want by grabbing the relevant skills, but that's gonna require a lot of memory to slot everything.

I was thinking of going support (no clue if my own summons can be buffed) but I'm also undead (Fane) so maybe I'll dip in Geo for the poison and then water magic (?) for the heals and stuff. Is constitution worth putting points into? Memory seems appealing for a summoner/support but I'm unsure about the secondary stat.

Ryzaki009

Summons can be buffed but they have special summoning spells that give them different buffs (mostly different abilities. So far I've seen ranged attacks with magical armor, physical attacks with physical armor and a stealth summon that allows them to use cloak and I make their opponents bleed with a special) so you're better off saving those spells for your party unless the summon's tanking (and they're great at tanking once they become champions.)

Sarcasm

Is multiplayer still broken?

Only for Direct Connect (so GOG version). Can fix it with that evolvehq app if you really need it.

I did and seriously with all the available items that people can carry, you could just build a raft and leave the island since surveillance is so bad, lol
So I really don't have that feeling "you can't leave" at all, only the monsters quests are a threat not the magisters, imo xD

Yea well same concept as just kill the bad guy in movies.

Top Bottom