• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 |OT| Dragons & Dungeon Mastering

Maximo

Environmental attacks also tend to shred through magic armor, so overall it's easier to take down magic armor heavy people imo. Get some nasty environmental combos going and it'll blast their armor to pieces.

Yep true true environemntal effects wreck magic armor, provide debuffs, and stun effects.

Sarcasm

So my MP save with summoning, tactican becomes a joke.

Without summoning classic still feels too easy while tactican feels like a numbers (artificial increase) game.

I don't know. I already understand the game gets probably easier later as I actually HAVE stuff to work with in my toolbelt but at level 3 this is brutal without a summoner (or geo).

I may just start over do summoning and then start skill combo experimentation fun in Act 2.

wamberz1

IIRC I was a level below the boss at that fight

Spoiler
Have the worm tank the fight and just kill them all lol
I try that but they keep ignoring the worm and going for me :l

Not to mention half my party is usually dead by the time it shows up. Gonna try and level up some more.

Burt

Yeah, that final battle is really fantastic.

Finished the game and I loved it, but it's a little bittersweet too. And not just from the ending or because it's over.

(Vague spoilers from throughout the game, but I'll try to exclude specifics)

I feel like with a 'clean' run, this might be the best CRPG ever. Fort Joy and 90% of Reaper Coast were as good as it gets. Fort Joy, in particular, had a degree of interactivity and narrative contingency that I've never seen in a game like this before. I was consistently impressed, if not outright amazed, at how well the game managed to smoothly integrate all of my decisions, both explicit and implicit, into the story - and I could say that for most of Reaper's Coast too. But, when I decided to go back and clean up the zone before moving onto Act 3, I started getting the sense that the game had bit off more than it could chew.

People that should've been there and had no reason to leave were gone. Questgivers I was talking to for the first time would act like I was on step 3 of a 4 step quest. Journal entries would pop up without context. Party members would start spouting character/quest development that clearly had huge gaps in it. Throughout the early parts of the game, the things I did and didn't do were all integrated so well that I had a really comfortable "This is my character, these are his actions" sense of things that let me miss stuff without a care. But by the time I was midway through Act 3, the amount of stuff that was popping up in a way that clearly wasn't intended made me shift to a sense of disappointment for the story elements that just weren't there. Not that they weren't there, somewhere in the world, but I had missed them and the game essentially said, "Whatever". And then, of course, Act 3 ends without the warning prompt that the last two gave you, so goodbye loose ends you were trying to tie up.

I had hoped that Act 4 would allow the game to refocus as all the threads started coming together, but it just ended up even more jumbled for me. Part of that's my fault, but that's a road that a lot of people are going to go down. I can't accept all of the blame for climbing up some hidden vines that are shining gold or picking a locked door that I didn't know I could just persuade easy access to in a D:OS game. I can't tell the difference between the places I'll be okay killing everyone in and which'll have long term repercussions on my ability to smoothly progress through the act. I love that they give players the freedom to choose, but whereas Act 1 had enough of a grasp of itself to account for whatever decisions the player makes, a few "wrong" choices in Act 4 quickly had me feeling like I had no resort left but to brute force my way through to the end.

The game didn't break under its scope, but it certainly had it buckling by the end.

Still, I loved it, and the ending is all great stuff. I'd love to play through it again, but man, that's just so much game.

Chairhome

Need help again, haha.
Finished "the imprisoned elf", starting "Tribe of Saheila".
I can't find where Amyro marked my map? Where is the secret passage?
Thanks.

For the discover secrets check does it matter who the player is controlling?

IE if Sebille has the highest Wits check on the team will she call out secrets even if I'm controlling Ifan?

Yes, however she needs to be close enough since it's proximity based. In general the Red Prince who I'm controlling finds treasures, but if it's one that's harder, then it's Lohse that'll find it, she's my support mage with high wits. Then the big lizard gets digging, who needs shovels really.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Well I've run into a game breaking bug 60 hours in.

For some reason Ifan is flagged as hostile to literally every NPC in the game, it triggers combat wherever he goes.

I've sent my save to Larian, fingers crossed.

Adnor

Banned
Spoilers for the quest Shadow over Driftwood from act 2:
I can't believe they have you lose a fight and separate your party, it was cool as hell

Hey so, i'm having a hard time setting up Local Split-Screen Multiplayer via steam.

I have:

2 Xbox One S controllers whom i could connect with either USB or Bluetooth, currently they are both in bluetooth mode

1 Xbox Elite Controller which i could connect via USB if this is somehow a bluetooth issue

Wii U mote with it's wireless adapter, ps4 controllers etc. I don't think it's the devices themselves it has to be the setup process.

Do i have to do something special to get this working? The first controller can control the menu just fine but player 2 can't log in to get going. Help please!

Act 4 help/spoilers,
Managed to take over the interrogation of Windego. I gave her gifts and raised her attitude to +42, but now I can't talk to her anymore

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Act 4 help/spoilers,
Managed to take over the interrogation of Windego. I gave her gifts and raised her attitude to +42, but now I can't talk to her anymore

Disable the forcefield.

I get build choice paralysis playing this game...don't want to choose the wrong skills so just stop playing.

You simply can't choose the wrong skills in this game. Every build has its own merits, it all depends on how you utilize them.

You can also respec everyone layer after the first act. Or if you don't to wait for that long, there's a mod for that.

Maximo

Major end spoilers for Lohse's Origin Story
What a great moment when she finally sings for you after all the shit she has been through, that moment when you see all the candles was a big holy shit moment I took a long time making that choice...also HOLY SHIT the gear in The Demon's basement the Armor that gives you permanent Wings and the boots that give you passive Erratic Wisp looks sick

sadblob

What am I doing wrong here?

Act 2

LLlouut.jpg

Major end spoilers for Lohse's Origin Story
What a great moment when she finally sings for you after all the shit she has been through, that moment when you see all the candles was a big holy shit moment I took a long time making that choice...also HOLY SHIT the gear in The Demon's basement the Armor that gives you permanent Wings and the boots that give you passive Erratic Wisp looks sick

Random loot cause I don't recall getting any of that stuff =\

Full act 1 spoilers

Also managed to complete
the Tyrant set
and that was an interesting thing as well, especially
when you fight the demon that comes out of the helmet

I was using the helmet later on and got a shock when
the demon came out! Luckily I was L14 at the time and he was L7, it didn't last long.

Adnor

Banned
What am I doing wrong here?

Act 2

Each platforms creates a symbol to the ones touching it, the symbol changes for each platform that touches it, if only 1 activated platform touched it it's water, 2 it's fire, 3 it's grass. Don't remember the solution but you need 4 activated platforms

Ugh why did Act 2 have to be bugged? I had the pieces of Anathema but Tarquin never gave me the damn quest! And now apparently it was a big key player in Act 4. Regardless was the bug fixed yet, if not, how is the proper way to go about that retrieving that quest at the beginning of the Act for future playthroughs?

I never was given a prompt by Tarquin when I first left the ship at the start.

Ugh why did Act 2 have to be bugged? I had the pieces of Anathema but Tarquin never gave me the damn quest! And now apparently it was a big key player in Act 4. Regardless was the bug fixed yet, if not, how is the proper way to go about that retrieving that quest at the beginning of the Act for future playthroughs?

Wait, you saw Tarquin on the ship at the beginning of Act 2? Tarquin disappeared from the ship
when Dallis attacked the ship
. He wasn't there when I got off.

Seriously worried that my game is bugged on that one.

I found a bug on thanks to my bug.

Some combination of leech (heal in blood), necromancer (heal on damage), soul mate (give ally half of your heals/armour gains), and having an undead soul mate has caused... this:
And yes, those are all being applied in real time. The 1.5k HP spider died in seconds, and Sebile was already at max health so it was kind of a bummer all around.

(If anyone's unaware, Necro's Bone Spider is really good if you have some Summoner skills. Crazily so.)

Stiler

Someone explain how you get source points? I have two quests that depend on it and I haven't a clue how to get them...

I read some things that mention standing in pools but I tried that and the pool at the Sanctuary of Amadia does nothing.

The game doesn't really explain it (at least for me it didn't).

Trying to do Burning Pigs/Healing touch.

Someone explain how you get source powers? I have two quests that depend on it and I haven't a clue how to get them...

I read some things that mention standing in pools but I tried that and the pool at the Sanctuary of Amadia does nothing.

You have to have your collar removed. Then you need to trigger them- the main way I know to do it is get through the Vault of Braccus and click on the statue at the end of it.

Burt

Wait, you saw Tarquin on the ship at the beginning of Act 2? Tarquin disappeared from the ship

Unfortunately, stuff like this becomes increasingly common as the game goes on. I had an Anathema problem myself, but it was different from both of yours. Tarquin was on the ship when I set off for land in Act 2, but he didn't give me a quest and I didn't see him at the
graveyard
either. The only time I ever heard of Anathema was when I
went down into a crypt and some robber said she was looking for it to me before I killed her
. Then, later in Act 3, I talk to Tarquin and he
throws a hissy fit because I refused to help him find/wouldn't let him go look for Anathema. Which isn't what happened at all.

Get used to that sort of thing, unfortunately.

Also, mild spoiler but one that you're going to want to hear about the end of Act 3 to avoid some more stuff like that

Act 3 has a hard cut and no "Point of No Return" prompt

so if you want to avoid getting ambushed by that,
don't go into the last boss until you're ready.

Rad-

Someone explain how you get source powers? I have two quests that depend on it and I haven't a clue how to get them...

Go south from Burning Pigs and
near the beach you find a cave and finish that cave quest to get Bless.

Feeling kind of stuck on Tactician difficulty in Fort Joy.

I don't really want to rely on pickpocket/stealing abuse just to get anywhere (and none of my current characters have Thievery/Sneaking), but there isn't anywhere enough gold to buy better armor.

The two fights I can take right now that I need to progress somewhere
(Griff and the Magisters in the dungeons)
almost wipe my entire party in the first turn.

Stiler

You have to have your collar removed. Then you need to trigger them- the main way I know to do it is get through the Vault of Braccus and click on the statue at the end of it.

Err.....I had my collar removed and got the Bless spell, but no source points or any "pool" in there to get them from.

Go south from Burning Pigs and
near the beach you find a cave and finish that cave quest to get Bless.

I think I worded my question wrong, I have Bless and did that vault, but I have no source points to use Bless and can't figure out how to get any, all the googling leads me to people talking about standing in "pools" (in the vault, etc) but I can't find them.

No I think you're fine. That's what's supposed to happen and you find him at the Graveyard to get the quest. I never had that happen for me.

Also, mild spoiler but one that you're going to want to hear about the end of Act 3 to avoid some more stuff like that

It's something I can deal with as this game is complex as hell yet I'm still enjoying it. I'll just (major spoiler incoming)
deal with Braccus Rex without Anathema, because I'm that badass haha
. I just hope it gets patched when I do future playthroughs of the game.

But as for that point of no return in Act 3, yeah it kinda sucked but I supposed it fit given how the story seemed to all come together at that point, hell I didn't even know there was gonna be an Act 4. Shame though, I intended to (another major spoiler)
kill the Mother Tree for Sebille
before I wrapped up that Act.

Jokab

Anyone know if it's possible for a fourth friend to jump into our three player multiplayer save a few hours in? Like could he just take our NPC fourth and keep going?

Sanctuary

They are pretty powerful. The supposed downside is that the caster itself needs to be protected or else their summons will go bye bye on death. Luckily I have two frontline characters. I'm on classic difficulty and plan to do the same build on tactician eventually so it might change there.

Just use a shield...

My own Summoner has more surviability than my damn two-handed Warrior right now. There's really no downside other than it not being a very exciting playstyle. I've also found that while yes, the Incarnate can be changed to fit the situation, it requires a hefty investment in Memory, unless you're just going to somewhat exploit and just reload to memorize any given element that gives you an advantage. Your first turn is generally spent summoning and buffing the Incarnate, and your next turn can be whatever, but I have mine as the only character with healing right now and a lot of spells that don't scale much, if it all. Mainly buffs and debuffs so my offensive caster can focus on nuking shit down. My summoner basically summons a "do stuff" version of himself. At the same time, the Incarnate's jack-of-all-trades approach means it hits for substantially less damage with melee than something like the Widow, and the memory/AP cost for damage is better with the Fire Slug or Poison Plant. It's easier to keep out longer, but its overall damage is simply decent, but not great. This is with 14 levels of Summoning.

IMO, Summoning is "good", but if all you want is a few turns distraction, you honestly cannot beat the Widow. It only requires an investment of 2 into Necromancy and that's it. It won't hit as hard as a Summoner buffed version, but it has a high amount of health and for 3 AP gives a whole lot. Anyone can use it, so you can have four out pretty easily. The only thing is that it has 0 magic protection, so if you're going up against a bunch of casters, or enemies that have a lot of CC or even charm, you need either kill them instantly, or buff the Widow with Armor of Frost.

Unfortunately, stuff like this becomes increasingly common as the game goes on. I had an Anathema problem myself, but it was different from both of yours. Tarquin was on the ship when I set off for land in Act 2, but he didn't give me a quest and I didn't see him at the
graveyard
either. The only time I ever heard of Anathema was when I
went down into a crypt and some robber said she was looking for it to me before I killed her
. Then, later in Act 3, I talk to Tarquin and he
throws a hissy fit because I refused to help him find/wouldn't let him go look for Anathema. Which isn't what happened at all.

Get used to that sort of thing, unfortunately.

Just checked and it looks like Tarquin is indeed at the
graveyard
for me. Too late tonight to see if I get the quest but fingers crossed.

I swear I scoured the whole ship before getting off and
Tarquin, Alexander, and the guard watching over Alexander
were nowhere to be found. Which just seemed incredibly off for them to disappear into the ether like that.

Just use a shield...
My own summoner has more surviability than my damn two-handed Warrior right now.

Oh I'm having no trouble, I just stated that was a drawback of a summoner class. Again I'm playing on Classic, the highest difficulty point for me was during the last fourth of Act 2. Have yet to finish Act 4 but we'll see if I hit another difficulty spike.

graveyard

were nowhere to be found. Which just seemed incredibly off for them to disappear into the ether like that.

Alexander
disappearing was intended. Your journal updates saying he was lost within the Hall of Echoes. As for the guard, I killed her prior to the Hall of Echoes haha.

graveyard

Can you specify where Tarquin is
located in the Graveyard?
I am unsure if mine is bugged. For now he is actually back on the ship, selling his wares. But he's not at that other location, and I don't know if he moves or if it's already bugged. To be clear, he hasn't given me a quest yet, and I've been all over that location.

Burt

It's something I can deal with as this game is complex as hell yet I'm still enjoying it. I'll just (major spoiler incoming)
deal with Braccus Rex without Anathema, because I'm that badass haha
. I just hope it gets patched when I do future playthroughs of the game.

But as for that point of no return in Act 3, yeah it kinda sucked but I supposed it fit given how the story seemed to all come together at that point, hell I didn't even know there was gonna be an Act 4. Shame though, I intended to (another major spoiler)
kill the Mother Tree for Sebille
before I wrapped up that Act.
Yeah, I'm right there with you. It sucks, but it's part of having a game with this sort of breadth.

And yeah, did you ever figure out how to actually
kill the mother tree? Saheila said stab it in the heart, so I go down there but I can't attack it. Fighting the scion didn't do anything either. Then of course I get jumped to Act 4 and all of the sudden Saheila's a dryad. Didn't even get an ending note on Saheila's after that, which is funny because I got one from her mother that was obviously supposed to be led into by Saheila's.

graveyard

Good luck! I just know that I went back there after I had already opened up passage to Act 3 and he wasn't there. Maybe he goes back to the ship after you beat the last boss? So hopefully if you're not past that, you're in the clear.

Rad-

Can you specify where Tarquin is
located in the Graveyard?
I am unsure if mine is bugged. For now he is actually back on the ship, selling his wares. But he's not at that other location, and I don't know if he moves or if it's already bugged. To be clear, he hasn't given me a quest yet, and I've been all over that location.

For me he left the ship asap as I talked to him one time.

Top Bottom