• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 |OT| Dragons & Dungeon Mastering

Moff

I am at the very end of act 2 and I have like 6 bugged quests and can't complete them, shame about all the xp

Nekrono

So I just got to Act 2 and Sebille does not seem to want to join my party.

I am playing as The Red Prince and
I did not let her kill the Lizard in Fort Joy
, does this mean I just lost her completely without any chance of getting her back?

A bit into Act 2 on Tactician, the difficulty jump is pretty massive. Enemies hit like trucks and have insane amounts of armor and health, and there's not nearly enough gold to keep up with armor upgrades at this point.

I'm forced to meta-game or 'cheese' certain fights since otherwise they destroy my party in the first turn before I have a chance to do anything... but honestly I'm fine with that since the odds are heavily stacked against you in the first place.

Twinsen343

How the F do you beat the final boss in Act 1?
Everytime Alexander summons the Void worm it keeps doing these AoE attacks and wipes out half my party, along with Magister rangers doing ricochet to finish anyone else off. And they're simply too high up for me to teleport to them
. Really annoying boss fight, I've been at this for hours now and I've just about had enough.

I kept my summoner up the back, like right up near the camp with Resurrection spells, sent everyone else down who were all obliterated almost instantly.

The worm did a good job cleaning up the magisters - but they ended up killing the worm, with the worm gone, I snuck in and resurrected everyone then it's all about positioning and having a cold beer while you get through the rest.

Lanrutcon

A bit into Act 2 on Tactician, the difficulty jump is pretty massive. Enemies hit like trucks and have insane amounts of armor and health, and there's not nearly enough gold to keep up with armor upgrades at this point.

I'm forced to meta-game or 'cheese' certain fights since otherwise they destroy my party in the first turn before I have a chance to do anything... but honestly I'm fine with that since the odds are heavily stacked against you in the first place.

You have to cheese on Tactician. If anyone can show me a Let's Play or a stream or whatever of someone playing on Tactician that isn't cheesing, then I'll totally admit I'm wrong. Everyone abuses teleports, ooc rezes, dialogue popups, AI pathing & tethering, infinite respecs, etc.

In other news, my Ranger now does 1.8k damage on normal shots with a height advantage. He absolutely destroys things, and Enrage/Arrow Storm results in the region of 45k damage to a group. It's an endgame setup, but I'm just ending encounters in 1 round now.

kionedrik

You have to cheese on Tactician. If anyone can show me a Let's Play or a stream or whatever of someone playing on Tactician that isn't cheesing, then I'll totally admit I'm wrong. Everyone abuses teleports, ooc rezes, dialogue popups, AI pathing & tethering, infinite respecs, etc.

What's teleport abuse? I do none of the others for sure.
As for cheese, the only cheesy thing I do is break up the party and set positions while sneaking before engaging, and I'm reticent calling that cheese.

Tried most available things now with my loading crashes - reinstall, free memory, close all other possible programs, recreate save folder, etc. But nothing works, so right my game just won't me continue after 12h of playtime. :\

Have submitted crash reports and a support ticket, so I hope they can fix it, otherwise I will have to give up on this game. Not replaying all of that, if there's a risk that this happens again.

Moff

Which quests?

the one with the three altars
the one with the trolls
the one with the prostitue in the inn
the one with the polymorphed cows

I looked up all of those in message boards and on the wiki, others have the same issues

then a few smaller ones from ghosts where I killed related npcs or ate related body parts, those arent a big deal I guess

sadblob

the one with the trolls

I looked up all of those in message boards and on the wiki, others have the same issues

then a few smaller ones from ghosts where I killed related npcs or ate related body parts, those arent a big deal I guess

I had the same problems save with the troll one. What happened to you?
Did you kill one of them?

Lanrutcon

What's teleport abuse? I do none of the others for sure.
As for cheese, the only cheesy thing I do is break up the party and set positions while sneaking before engaging, and I'm reticent calling that cheese.

Oh, teleport can break the game in several ways. Here's my favourite: take any fight where the enemy will engage you in dialogue before commencing the fight. While the dialogue box is open, switch to another character with teleport. Now teleport the character that's doing the talking as well as the character being talked to out of the area where the fight takes place. Ensure the destination is out of the sight radius of the other combatants, and they won't prematurely start the fight. Keep teleporting those people to a completely different area, and then use the dialogue to start the fight. Now you're alone with the single target you teleported along with you. The rest are back in the old area, and won't come get you.

You can do this because when in a dialogue action, those involved are immune to damage. Teleport can't do damage to the target if he's in dialogue. So you can teleport them without repercussions

You can also teleport targets without dialogue abuse as long as you are super far away. For example, in Driftwood you can climb up super high at the town gates, and teleport the Magistrate from the docks to the outside of the town without anyone being the wiser (including him) because you so far outside his sight radius.

Then there's teleporting people onto islands, into scenery, into prisons built with furniture, into lava (there's a patch of lava in Chapter 2 which is abusable), etc.

Lanrutcon

Hmm.. where's the main hub in Act 3?

Ok, there are 2. And you can piss them off if you aren't careful, so by god don't start doing risky quests until you're sure you don't need traders any more:

- There's an elf camp to the north west, IF you're friendly with elves.
- There's a Black Ring camp south of the middle of the map, IF you lie well.

Ok, there are 2. And you can piss them off if you aren't careful, so by god don't start doing risky quests until you're sure you don't need traders any more:

- There's an elf camp to the north west, IF you're friendly with elves.
- There's a Black Ring camp south of the middle of the map, IF you lie well.

Are you sure it's not north east? I've been in the northwest and the northeast is not yet uncovered.

Apparently, I took the wrong turn from the center. Thanks, I'll check them out.

Maximo

How the F do you beat the final boss in Act 1?
Everytime Alexander summons the Void worm it keeps doing these AoE attacks and wipes out half my party, along with Magister rangers doing ricochet to finish anyone else off. And they're simply too high up for me to teleport to them
. Really annoying boss fight, I've been at this for hours now and I've just about had enough.

Personally I cheesed the fuck out of it, keep your distance at the gate then flee combat when
the worm shows up, it then aggros all the seekers and they join the fight. Of course one or two may die tho...

Lanrutcon

Are you sure it's not north east? I've been in the northwest and the northeast is not yet uncovered.

Apparently, I took the wrong turn from the center. Thanks, I'll check them out.

You are right. North east. There are multiple ways to turn that camp hostile through dialogue. Just tread carefully. I had to murder my way out of there.

the one with the trolls

That one completed for me. I did the 3 altars quest and it seems to be left hanging. so I don't think it will close. Haven't finished the others yet.

Are you done with the quests and just didn't get a journal update ?

Moff

That one completed for me. I did the 3 altars quest and it seems to be left hanging. so I don't think it will close. Haven't finished the others yet.

Are you done with the quests and just didn't get a journal update ?

with the three altars I found all three and nothing happened
with the cows I can give the second potion to the second cow but the potion does not disappear from my inventory and the quest does not proceed, the cow says thank you but it doesnt turn back or anything
the prostitue quest I did with the red prince which is a special case, but I can't continue further
and the trolls, as I said, I killed one but the other one does not react to it

Vamphuntr

Any tips on
The Doctor
fight in Act 4? The fight starts off with a bunch of demons that outnumber my party to hell.

You can attack his
elf nurses
that are away from him without triggering him. The one closer will trigger him if you attack them though. Otherwise you just have to survive until all his AoE are on cooldown. Drink Fire resistance potion beforehand and use steam lance for the regen. Use inner demon + terrify to get rid of the remaining enemies. Don't knock him down as he has perseverance and will recover like 7000 armor. Once you survive his epidemic fire and the cursed fireball just arrow spray and Onslaught him.

Killing
Reimond
in act 2 leads to some weird things in act 4.
I found his spirit in the barracks dungeon acting as if I just killed him.

This last act needs some polish.

I was wondering what happened if you actually ended up killing them in Act 2. Because, this being a Larian game, I knew they would have accounted for that.

the one with the trolls

I cheesed the hell out of the prostitute fight.
I gave my companions the room keys.

sadblob

Late game question
Just noticed I had Anathema and didn't use it ever. I assumed it would be bad because it only has 1 durability. Has anyone tried it?

Santiako

Fort Joy final boss:
Alexandar went down easier than I thought, although the ranger and mage made things harder. I loved the fight and the sudden worm turn 2 of the fight was awesome.

18 hours in and I might be finally moving on from Fort Joy lol

Afrodium

Banned
So my cat just walked on the keyboard and I got a prompt saying that I just re-assigned one of my characters and could miss out on their story points if I don't add them back to my party. I've got no clue what keys he hit, but it looks like everyone is in my party and I can't tell what has changed, if anything. If all characters are showing as in my party in the Party Management tab am I good?

You can attack his
elf nurses
that are away from him without triggering him. The one closer will trigger him if you attack them though. Otherwise you just have to survive until all his AoE are on cooldown. Drink Fire resistance potion beforehand and use steam lance for the regen. Use inner demon + terrify to get rid of the remaining enemies. Don't knock him down as he has perseverance and will recover like 7000 armor. Once you survive his epidemic fire and the cursed fireball just arrow spray and Onslaught him.

He shapeshifts into
demon form
but apparently he isn't if I know the name from Bloodmoon Island in Act 2, it actually gave me the dialogue option. Is there another way to fight him? Was actualyl hoping
Jahan
would help out somewhat or something. But haven't found him yet in Act 4.

Vamphuntr

He shapeshifts into
demon form
but apparently he isn't if I know the name from Bloodmoon Island in Act 2, it actually gave me the dialogue option. Is there another way to fight him? Was actualyl hoping
Jahan
would help out somewhat or something. But haven't found him yet in Act 4.

Jahan is his prisoner in the prison underneath his house. He drops the key to get there. If you shout his name you have some turns to act before he changes but in my game when the Doctor reached 0 hp he turned into the demon anyway. Did you do Lohse quest to weaken his stats by 50%? I fought the demon on classic he had like 17k/22k armor or among those lines it's definitely doable with the 50% debuff.

Apparently you can get a source point by boning a Succubus.

...I did not see that coming.

Fuck, I knew I should've saved people on the island. I just killed all of 'em.

Jahan is his prisoner in the prison underneath his house. He drops the key to get there. If you shout his name you have some turns to act before he changes but in my game when the Doctor reached 0 hp he turned into the demon anyway. Did you do Lohse quest to weaken his stats by 50%? I fought the demon on classic he had like 17k/22k armor or among those lines it's definitely doable with the 50% debuff.

I don't have her in my party.

Vamphuntr

I don't have her in my party.

It's basically her quest :/ SPOILERS FOR ACT IV
It's the demon possessing her.
If Malady is still alive you get into the demon's plane to weaken him with Lohse. It puts a permanent debuff on him where all his stats are halved

If it's unwinnable either lower the difficulty or simply ignore this one. It's not required to get in to the final area of the game and the rewards are like a bunch of not so great set items that greatly boost a stat while greatly lowering another and lowering your max AP count.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Late game question
Just noticed I had Anathema and didn't use it ever. I assumed it would be bad because it only has 1 durability. Has anyone tried it?

Already beat the game and quite frankly forgot I even had that.

I would assume you use it to
one shot one of the final enemies

Enemy leaders with special aura.

That Black Ring fight in the forest was quite interesting. The leader got this deflecting aura for everyone so I had to improvise a little to overcome that. After meeting Alexander and his Faith aura, I think I'll come across more enemies with different kinds of aura in the upcoming fights.

Blyr

Banned
Finished the game yesterday, one hell of a wild ride. Act 4 had some BS though, for sure.

I have no idea how you're supposed to tackle
Adrahmalik
because even after we
weakened him in his pocket dimension, he still had 11k phys armor and like 12k magic armor, on top of the 6 adds who joined in and shredded our armor. I ended up cheesing the fight by sneaking in through the back of the place, luring him into a the small doorway, and summoning an champion incarnate infront of him so he couldn't leave and then just chipped away after clearing all the adds

also, final boss spoilers:

Fuck Lucian. The first time I got to phase 2 of the fight I had accidentally killed Dallis, and we started with no magic/phys armor, and hurt badly. Then Lucian decided to just mop up what was left before charging after Braccus. Once I learned the trick, I just 1 shot Dallis using my OP ranger's source skills, then couldn't seem to finish the final fight because Kemm/Sallow man would melt my squishes, or if they focused on the magisters, Lucian would go 1 shot my ranger/dps mage then march forward. Seriously, fuck that guy. Ended up looking it up and found out you only have to kill Braccus, so I teleported Kemm/Sallow man onto the platform behind us where they couldn't move because they don't have any jumps or teleports, then abused the AI so Braccus would always charge towards the leftmost platform away from Isbeil, meaning we only had to burst down Braccus. I still had my tank and my DPS mage alive by this point, because Lucian the jerk decided to 1 shot my ranger and healer this time, so I waited until Braccus was dead, (thanks Lucian, you're pretty okay when you aren't murdering my team outright) and then used ressurection scrolls to bring my ranger back, got my healer back and had her summon a champion incarnate doing phys damage, and we just melted Lucian.

Already started on PT2 using a handful of mods to make things easier, I don't care much about the remaining achievements, I just want to try different party comps and see other characters stories now, and try different paths in quests I took. Bit of a bummer that the epilogue ended the way it did because so many of my quests bugged out, but I think that bugged too because
It said that the voidwoken killed everyone in driftwood, despite the owl lady at Kemm's manor saying the Voidwoken attacks had decreased significantly

Absolutely adore this game and it is such a stark improvement over OS1 in so many ways, I really hope they do expansions for this, or a OS2: EE or something, quite possibly one of the best RPG's period I've played in a long, long time

JimmyMarrow

Neo Member
So I started with Fane on my first "attempt". Was completely lost as to what I was doing and how I was proceeding. Deleted him and started another Fane and spent ages on the ship just cruising through the interface and stuff.

Got to the island and saved it. Can't wait to get in some quality gaming tomorrow morning before work. Great game so far. I feel a bit overwhelmed but... Meh!

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Finished the game yesterday, one hell of a wild ride. Act 4 had some BS though, for sure.

I have no idea how you're supposed to tackle
Adrahmalik
because even after we
weakened him in his pocket dimension, he still had 11k phys armor and like 12k magic armor, on top of the 6 adds who joined in and shredded our armor. I ended up cheesing the fight by sneaking in through the back of the place, luring him into a the small doorway, and summoning an champion incarnate infront of him so he couldn't leave and then just chipped away after clearing all the adds

That's odd.

After I weakened him in his realm the demon adds didn't spawn at all. I also reloaded the fight and unknowing exploited it, causing his HP to revert to human values. Then I just used the rangers Arrow Rain (hit for 10k+) and called it a day lol.

Blyr

Banned
That's odd.

After I weakened him in his realm the demon adds didn't spawn at all. I also reloaded the fight and unknowing exploited it, causing his HP to revert to human values. Then I just used the rangers Arrow Rain (hit for 10k+) and called it a day lol.

That's beautiful, tbh lol

I think it might just have bugged out, which was odd though because
he had the debuff from being weakened, except his stats didn't seem to reflect that? Unless that was him weakened
, in which case I have no idea how you'd tackle that without doing the thing because we were at the appropriate level & gear, and barely got by..
I'm so thankful I gave Lohse a shield, because at the end of the fight she was the only one left alive, and just kept using consume on the incarnate a turn before it despawned, and then resummoned the same turn to keep him locked in.. it became a war of attrition, except any time Lohse came close to losing her armors I'd just shield up or consume my incarnate and resummon it

also, I was heavily confused why all the
items and gear were only level 18, if he's level 20.. especialy given the difficulty of the fight, I was wondering "how do they expect you to do this 2 levels lower? jeeze

Okay this is getting ridiculous, I'm suspecting a Steam problem here as none of my other games have this issue. I'm getting hard CTDs by running out of SSD space in playing this game which I had 20 GBs free of last I checked. I now only have 8 GBs left after this last CTD and I've no idea where the other 12 went. Why the hell is Steam/this game eating up by SSD space in the first place?

Xyber

In other news, my Ranger now does 1.8k damage on normal shots with a height advantage. He absolutely destroys things, and Enrage/Arrow Storm results in the region of 45k damage to a group. It's an endgame setup, but I'm just ending encounters in 1 round now.

My 2 friends and I don't really cheese anything apart from taking positions while someone is talking to whoever we needs to fight. Heck, we have not used a 4th party member for the entire act 2 so far (which we are probably 75% through by now).

We just play it smart, keep the hardest enemies stun locked as much as possible while dealing with the other stuff. One person wrecks phys armor, one person wrecks magic armor and I am extremely tanky with a lot of CC. As long as we don't fight stuff above our level we beat everything, even if we die 1-3 times but then we just learn what we must do differently.

Heck, on top of not using the 4th member, 2 of us are undead and the only one with poison skills is me and those skills are almost useless now because I don't have int. :D

justjim89

What are some useful combos that aren't so obvious?

Just today in PCGamer I was reading about using Chicken Claw combined with Rupture Tendons.

What are some useful combos that aren't so obvious?

Just today in PCGamer I was reading about using Chicken Claw combined with Rupture Tendons.

Rupture Tendons is also great to use on rangde characters(Bow/Crossbows) as the AI always chooses to run away first when someone is in melee range. You also get an attack of opportunity as they run as well.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Man, the jump in enemy difficulty after wandering outside of the main town in act 2 is legit.

I need to start getting some better gear, my team is getting chunked by level 12s with 150+ magic damage per hit, and such while I'm only 10 and doing~50-100 per hit.

Man, the jump in enemy difficulty after wandering outside of the main town in act 2 is legit.

I need to start getting some better gear, my team is getting chunked by level 12s with 150+ magic damage per hit, and such while I'm only 10 and doing~50-100 per hit.

You most probably took the wrong turn somewhere. I started wandering to the east from Driftwood.

Also, there are some quests that you can finish with no or minimal combat around the town, which could give you a level or two.

Xyber

As mentioned, just go somewhere else. You are not supposed to fight lvl 12 guys yet and there's plenty of other easier stuff to do.

Top Bottom