• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Divinity: Original Sin |OT| Sandbox RPG. Co-Op friendly. Bread.

Sarcasm

I know this sounds like advice coming straight from Captain Obvious but...walk on ice, you don't fall over very much compared to running.

How do you walk in combat?

I do not recommend you to do this because you will miss some banters between the mains heroes that can give you bonus stat.
Also, be aware that battle exp is not shared like in Diablo 3.
Yes, exploration is not great in co-op since I suggest to stay together for dialogues and combats.
Beside those, you're free.

I only noticed the exp thing if your not in battle as a group. If one is on other side while other is in town. The dialogue always popped up for me. Then again we never split up.

Chaos17

How do you walk in combat?

I only noticed the echo thing if your not in battle as a group. If one is on other side while other is in town. The dialogue always popped up for me. Then again we never split up.
During my first playthrough
My friend was talking to the guy in front of the Inn while I was on the other side of the town. The banter didn't trigger.
Second playtrough, same place, same NPC. I stayed with my friend and we were suprised that the dialog ask me if I wantedt to join the 5 mans heroes group too. This was triggered automaticly but I know some banters, you need to click on your friend like the one when you talk about "friendly fire".
Also, I noticed that the banter option has a timer that disappear if you take a teleport or didn't trigger it after some seconds or mins. I'm talking only about the banter between the main heroes not with the companion.

Sorry, I forgot to say that in Diablo 3 you can gain battle exp if you're on the same as the other player.
I know that we're in a rpg and it's important to play as a group but it do nerf a bit the freedom of the second player.

But, yes you're right this work only if we stay close.

elyetis

I really wouldn't be against an option making you have to press something on the keyboard to interact with items. I can't count how many time I lost reputation with an npc because while moving my character I clicked on an item I shouldn't while in sight of an npc.

gocubs

This is strange when I try to talk to Shereth again she won't offer to sell me anything. I enter the room she gets scared and tells me to put my weapon away and I did. All I can talk to her about is her past travels

Edit never mind I wasn't clicking on the trade button.

Zakalwe

Banned
I have all my special arrows in a backpack. For some reason they keep disappearing from my hotbar. I assume it's because they're in a backpack, my ocd won't let me keep them loose in my main inventory so it's a little annoying having to open my pack each time I want to use them.

Anyone noticed this or better yet found a solution?

I have all my special arrows in a backpack. For some reason they keep disappearing from my hotbar. I assume it's because they're in a backpack, my ocd won't let me keep them loose in my main inventory so it's a little annoying having to open my pack each time I want to use them.

Anyone noticed this or better yet found a solution?

Items in a container can't be used until they're removed from said container. I hope Larian changes this, because it defeats a lot of the purpose of containers in the first place.

The only use I can think of right now for containers in their current form is to hold all the items you want to sell in a tidy package (until you accidentally press the "loot all" button).

NIN90

Guys, remember when the Alpha/Beta thread moved at a snail's pace and we all thought GAF would mostly ignore this game?

stone128

I just killed most of Silverglen's population in an attempt at saving some poor animal who wanted his master dead... good times :D

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
So, fought
braccus Rex, and apparently there's a king of bones I haven't got to yet? What quest is he a part of?

Sorry if this has been answered already. Is there a button you can hold/push after a fight that will highlight everything on the ground that dropped. Feel like I am probably missing stuff. Thanks.

Guys, remember when the Alpha/Beta thread moved at a snail's pace and we all thought GAF would mostly ignore this game?

It's so nice to see it getting good GAF activity and also topping the Steam charts. This game is truly great and obviously had a ton of effort put into it. It would be criminal if it went overlooked.

Durante

I remember. I expected to write roughly 1/3rd of the posts in a 300 post OT. Now it looks like we might well reach 300 pages.

I still don't know exactly how this happened but it's almost enough to make me lose my cynicism.
(But then I just read some of the complaints in the Steam forum of the game and I'm my old self again :p)

Sorry if this has been answered already. Is there a button you can hold/push after a fight that will highlight everything on the ground that dropped. Feel like I am probably missing stuff. Thanks.

Alt key, the entire keyboard system is similar to Diablo if you've ever played the series.

Complaints like this. I don't know if it's dedicated trolling or just misguided opinion, but either way it makes for some entertaining reading.

Thread title: Absolutely do not buy this beta game

Thread by: CromX (currently in game Divinity: Original Sin)

Well, that sums up the 23-page thread rather well.

Ninja Edit: FACE where did your post come from.. Bah.

FACE

Banned
If you're playing warrior then there's one album you should absolutely listen to while crushing fools.

Iron_Savior_Battering_Ram.jpg

Zakalwe

Banned
Complaints like this. I don't know if it's dedicated trolling or just misguided opinion, but either way it makes for some entertaining reading.

Reminds me why I almost never visit Steam forums...

Items in a container can't be used until they're removed from said container. I hope Larian changes this, because it defeats a lot of the purpose of containers in the first place.

The only use I can think of right now for containers in their current form is to hold all the items you want to sell in a tidy package (until you accidentally press the "loot all" button).

Except, up until yesterday I was able to keep all my arrows on my hotbar whilst they were sitting all tidy in a backpack. For some reason it just started removing them, and I have no idea why.

Blu10

How do you improve armor and bows? I figured out the swords, but for the life of me can't seem to land on the upgrades for anything else.

RK9039

How do you improve armor and bows? I figured out the swords, but for the life of me can't seem to land on the upgrades for anything else.

You can sharpen blades on the grindstone, but that's all I've found so far. Bows and armours not sure.

ed: I found a legendary crossbow.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Ok. So I'm not totally happy with my mains but I like their concepts they just feel weak. A little help.

Ranger doesn't have great skills. However she obviously has acces to tons of arrows. Does a ranger basically play using an assortment of arrows and then just a powerful weapon? I do keep passing up first aid and have that leap from danger skill that I never use and keep forgetting to replace it with first aid. I also should probably grab the accuracy stance along with the dps stance.

Witch I just have no idea on. I am literally still casting spider as my main dps. My staff damage sucks, my only other offense is the bleed and the basic source attack. Where with the ranger I think I just need your get her up a bit, aside from the spider my witch brings nothing. Uggh. Help!!! Level 6 with both.

Zukuu

Banned
Ok. So I'm not totally happy with my mains but I like their concepts they just feel weak. A little help.

Ranger doesn't have great skills. However she obviously has acces to tons of arrows. Does a ranger basically play using an assortment of arrows and then just a powerful weapon? I do keep passing up first aid and have that leap from danger skill that I never use and keep forgetting to replace it with first aid. I also should probably grab the accuracy stance along with the dps stance.

Witch I just have no idea on. I am literally still casting spider as my main dps. My staff damage sucks, my only other offense is the bleed and the basic source attack. Where with the ranger I think I just need your get her up a bit, aside from the spider my witch brings nothing. Uggh. Help!!! Level 6 with both.
Ranger has very few attack skills (I'm level 12 and have only found two, which I both use), that's true. Yes you use a combination of auto attacks, skills and arrows for your combat. I'd keep the leap. It's crucial to get out of a tight spot, or to get into range more quickly.

You need to invest into Hydro for healing/damage/cc and Air or Fire for damage (I prefer air due to stun effect and the GODLIKE Teleport spell (it's CC due to repositioning, huge damage and more in one single spell). Geomancer has nice summons and early aoe and nice CC attached. Witchcraft is mostly useless, save for the +50% damage buff from what I've seen so far. I'd focus on 2 schools and keep the rest, if at all, on level 1 or 2.
So yeah, go for another school and you will have more spells to cast.

ElyrionX

Any tips for leveling up mages? I feel lost everytime I look at my stats. How necessary is it to save skill points so I can level up my main skills?

Also, someone mentioned earlier about how vendors are only selling skill books above your level and I noticed it as well. When I first reached the city, the vendor in the market was selling books that I could use but I had no gold for them. Now I'm level 3 and have the gold for the books, the vendor is mainly selling higher level stuff that I can't use.

Zakalwe

Banned

Barrage is brilliant single target dmg, and if you can line up shots you can hit multiple in one. Seems to average around 210 dmg for me with all three hits.

Aside from that though, I'm concentrating on arrows and CC.

The jump skill is useful. Positioning behind the enemy to get flank bonus, or for accessing items in the environment you wouldn't be able to.

Accuracy stance is good.

Witches are best used to buff melee. So grab Madora and buff her up. Combine Witchcraft with Geomancer and you can create a very hefty tank with awesome hit percentage and dmg output.

Zukuu

Banned
Any tips for leveling up mages? I feel lost everytime I look at my stats. How necessary is it to save skill points so I can level up my main skills?

Also, someone mentioned earlier about how vendors are only selling skill books above your level and I noticed it as well. When I first reached the city, the vendor in the market was selling books that I could use but I had no gold for them. Now I'm level 3 and have the gold for the books, the vendor is mainly selling higher level stuff that I can't use.
Yeah, you should have at least 2 schools at appropriate levels so you can use their higher level spells, once they become available. I put a point into all elements (geo, fire and witch at level 1) to have access to the early spells like Fortification, Summon Spider, Fire to ignite oil, Wildfire, Damage Buff and focused on air + hydro for healing, damage, cc and utility. Other than that, I've only leveled leader ship to level 2 (for +5 initiative , +10% damage and +10% hit chance for my other characters; have level 1 on my other character so my mage also has +5 initiative and +10% damage - sooo worth it, I ALWAYS start first in a battle).

Shahadan

Argh the battle against the Priest went on forever D:
He and his goons were 3 levels above me and I couldn't hit them properly. 28-35% chance of hitting on average :lol:
And this annoying fuck put Weak AND Curse which make things even worse. And he heals himself all the time. I think I've spent more than a half hour on this battle.

The worst part is, it was fun

Top Bottom