• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Divinity: Original Sin |OT| Sandbox RPG. Co-Op friendly. Bread.

Zakalwe

Banned
Silverglen trial.

According to my journal, I received a key to the basement in the
immaculate chapel
from
Loic

I haven't got it. Clicking on the basement tells me it's locked, lockpick too low. Searched the area where I
killed Loic
and nothing.

Looks like a reload? That fight was a bit of a pain, not really enthused bout the idea of doing it over.

Shahadan

Silverglen trial.

immaculate chapel
from
Loic

I haven't got it. Clicking on the basement tells me it's locked, lockpick too low. Searched the area where I
killed Loic
and nothing.

Looks like a reload? That fight was a bit of a pain, not really enthused bout the idea of doing it over.

Obvious question but did you try with all 4 characters? You should have it.

Santiako

Silverglen trial.

immaculate chapel
from
Loic

killed Loic
and nothing.

Try to open it with another character, maybe he or she has the key?

Complaints like this. I don't know if it's dedicated trolling or just misguided opinion, but either way it makes for some entertaining reading.

lol that's some grade A trolling. He's in game right now with 23 hours played. Steam forums are generally a disaster. I usually avoid them unless searching for something specific.

Back to the game... I unlocked the (mid game spoiler)
respec option
in the End of Time.
You lose all your skills when you do it... hardly seems worth it since I think some of the skills I found are unique? Maybe not but they were from a treasure map and I haven't seen them anywhere else (like Ice Wall).

Zakalwe

Banned
Try to open it with another character, maybe he or she has the key?

Obvious question but did you try with all 4 characters? You should have it.

Ha, thank you. Madroa had it, I guess she snuck some of the loot before Diziet master ranger could nab it.

You know, I consistently work stuff out in this game that makes me feel smart. Then I overlook stupid stuff like this and get knocked right back down. <.<

Well balanced.

Some fights have had the potential to be brutally hard on normal so far. They almost always have a trick to them, a way to solve or exploit the environment to your benefit, but if you don't pay attention to your surroundings and just try to plough through certain encounters you'll probably get quite frustrated.

You need to really plan your approach, this kind of puzzle solving is what makes it interesting and fun and sets the difficulty for most of the combat.

Shahadan

Ha, thank you. Madroa had it, I guess she snuck some of the loot before Diziet master ranger could nab it.

The crazy bigot did it again!

About her while we're at it, I really don't like her character but I keep her anyway because of the hilarious way my characters mock her. It's straight up mean.

Zukuu

Banned
Even 2-handed ones ? might be because I need to have enough stats to use them, and my ranger doesn't have enough str for the axes I found ?

You just drag the axe on the wood. no need to equip them. I dunno if 2h work tho. I use a crafted hand axe.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
So... just to clarify,
seeing that I've beaten Bacchus Rex, my goal right now is to find the white witch before going to silverglen right?

Eternia

Thank god for snow boots in
Faery
. There's so much ice everywhere I think I would have gone nuts otherwise. Oh yeah, and traps...those
dead imps got what they deserved for building those monstrosities

elyetis

You just drag the axe on the wood. no need to equip them. I dunno if 2h work tho. I use a crafted hand axe.
Yeah I tried dragged, like for repairing, and other craft. But I thought that even like that the tool might only work if you could potentialy equip it stats wise.

Guess I'll see if I can craft a one handed one, couldn't find one in the starting city.

Zakalwe

Banned
The crazy bigot did it again!

About her while we're at it, I really don't like her character but I keep her anyway because of the hilarious way my characters mock her. It's straight up mean.

I actually don't mind her. There are so many incompetent, or selfish, or weak minded mages in her world that it's no wonder she feels the way she does.

She says things like "perhaps I'm a bit of a hypocrite because I've quaffed my fair share of potions", so she's not fully beyond reason.

I also quite enjoy having a party that doesn't agree on everything, makes conversations more interesting.

epmode

I don't think so. You can usually find a way to activate a trap without getting murdered though.

Act 1 spoiler:
Those land mines on the orc beach outside of Cyseal are bothering me, though. I don't want to have to blow extra points on Perception or that trap detecting talent but it seems like I might have to do it.

edit:
Oh wait, I just got an AOE spell with a decent radius. Time to nuke the beach.

Conezays

Had a blast going through co-op with my friend last night...wish you didn't have to make a separate save file to do so though. (AFAIK).

epmode

Crafting recipes that require you to combine two identical items are pretty lousy when the items auto-stack. That's probably not something I'd figure out on my own (I'm trying to avoid reading that master crafting list).

JambiBum

So how did people handle the (Cyseal big graveyard spoiler)
Skeleton King
fight? My partner and I are level 6 or so and kind of get blown up pretty quickly in it because of the different disables. It could very well be that we are just a little under geared/leveled for it and that wouldn't surprise me.

White Man

My journal indicates that I need to check out Jake's body, but I don't know where it is, and I can't question the mortician about it again because I, uh, brutally murdered him. Can I get some help?

So how did people handle the (Cyseal big graveyard spoiler)
Skeleton King
fight? My partner and I are level 6 or so and kind of get blown up pretty quickly in it because of the different disables. It could very well be that we are just a little under geared/leveled for it and that wouldn't surprise me.

I think I just snuck in and dropped my spider on him, and then had my fortified Madora use the rush attack up to him and had the two wail on him while my ranger and two mages picked up the rest form afar. I did wonder up there at level 5 though and got obliterated, when I returned at level 7 I really chewed them out. Spider always seems to get alot of agro which really frees my tank up to do some damage (barely has to do her job actually, I wish sometimes I'd put more into strength than constitution) and all the ranged people stay safe.

Brohan

Companions have stories and personalities, whereas Henchmen are just there to do your bidding.

Other than that, they're the same.

Hmmm shit, do they have questlines aswell or??

Didn't really want to add the warrior woman in the pub to my party but if she has an entire story and questline i feel i have little choice.

JLeack

Banned
So I have Jahan. Where can I get another companion? I'm being absolutely slaughtered on Easy against all the zombies to the West.

Eusis

I remember. I expected to write roughly 1/3rd of the posts in a 300 post OT. Now it looks like we might well reach 300 pages.

I still don't know exactly how this happened but it's almost enough to make me lose my cynicism.
(But then I just read some of the complaints in the Steam forum of the game and I'm my old self again :p)
I think it's a mix of having the full game out ( I took their advice for the most part about waiting, just sticking my toes in and deciding I had had enough... Plus my saves kept getting broken anyway) and that Steam sale JUST as it was about to come out. Then we have positive word of mouth and a snowball effect seemingly starts.

Though I haven't had the opportunity to really sit down with the game just yet. I'll probably seriously get into it soon though.

Zakalwe

Banned
My journal indicates that I need to check out Jake's body, but I don't know where it is, and I can't question the mortician about it again because I, uh, brutally murdered him. Can I get some help?

The trick to this game is to think logically. Where would you find a body? Graveyard, morgue...

If you think it might work, it has a very good chance of working. That's how crafting's built, how the elemental system works, and how the quest system is set up.

It's really smart, but it can trip you up if you're not used to this in your games. The first few hours for me ere a constant reminder of how lazy gaming had made my thinking.

When it all starts to click, it's really something.

The 2nd area so far has been really boring compared to the 1st. I hope it gets better.

I think it's better in a few ways. The story is more interesting, and some of the puzzles are fun to work out. The investigation was the highlight for me so far though, so much logic and things just working like they should. Amazing systems in this game, all overlapping. They really loved making this, you can tell.

Zukuu

Banned
First 1/3rd of the 2nd area might not be as strong, but the other part is really varied, although more combat focused. I think the biggest draw back compared to the first is the very small town with very little to do.

Top Bottom