• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Divinity: Original Sin |OT| Sandbox RPG. Co-Op friendly. Bread.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
I had a couple of CTD's when saving, but they patched that a few days ago and it's been issue free since.

With a few days to mull it over, I think the Cyseal zone is probably the single best region in an RPG ever. It's just so fantastically designed.

Santiako

I'm curious how large Larian Studios is. I bet they have < 40 people and still manage to make RPGs better than Square Enix.

That's exactly right, they are around 40 people, and made a game that puts every Square, Bethesda, EA's Bioware, etc to shame.

Eternia

Haha being level 7 and managing to meet
King Braccus
is a fight I can't win, doesn't matter how much I try to outsmart him.XD

EDIT: seems I was level 8, still feels impossible.XD
I just charged forward when I was level 7 too and got obliterated. Came back at level 9, had trouble just running in head first since he shoots down a million fireballs on you. I ended up just
Splitting into 3 groups: tank alone, 2 dps standing on the right side, wizard by the entrance. Pre-cast a rain spell and send in the tank alone at Braccus to minimize the initial hit. Two guys would try and take care of the ghoul, summoned a spider to help the tank with the wizard doing whatever else he can. Knock down or stun the mini-bosses early
. Nothing really special from me.

On another note, I think I've grown to like summons more than I thought I would. They still seem relatively strong (at level 13) and gather far more attention than my tank usually does.

So I am having trouble with the first main quest.

How do I get to
Evelyn's Lair? I see it on the map but there is no way I can get passed the random cliffs and such. I have done everything I can at my level around 4-5 but can't seem to get access down there. Like from the light house I go straight north all the way I can but I cant go any further ever and the map says its North.

Sinatar

How do I get to
Evelyn's Lair? I see it on the map but there is no way I can get passed the random cliffs and such. I have done everything I can at my level around 4-5 but can't seem to get access down there. Like from the light house I go straight north all the way I can but I cant go any further ever and the map says its North.

You have to go through a cave, it's north east of town in the woods full of zombie boars and wolves.

Gaz_RB

How do I get to

There is a cave to the north forest that leads through the cliffs.

If they released AI personalities within the next couple weeks I'd have to restrain myself from starting over. Single-player is fun without them but not nearly as good as they could have been.

Sinatar

So have a bunch of people beat the game already?

According to the steam achievement stats .01% of people with the game have gotten the 'beat the game' achievement, so no.

32 hours in, and I'm like maybe half way into the second of 4 major areas. It's *huge* game.

Taruranto

http://i.imgur.com/G0nblsB.jpg

Gosh, even with my overlevelled party this what tough. x_x Damn fireballs.

I'm pretty much done with Cyseal area now I think, don't think I'll bother with treasure hunting, it's boooring.

Found 2 additional
blood stones
, unsure whatever I should use them now to unlock 2 additional portals or keep them in case I need them for a quest.

CUTDDdr.jpg

Also I found a sexy-bow (I think it's one of the few items that it's not randomized)

Well that was fun

8konbjL.jpg

CAIM STOP

~Kinggi~

Banned
According to the steam achievement stats .01% of people with the game have gotten the 'beat the game' achievement, so no.

32 hours in, and I'm like maybe half way into the second of 4 major areas. It's *huge* game.

I cant even believe that. This is unheard of.

JambiBum

So people keep talking about Evelyn, and maybe I"m just missing something obvious, but
how do you even start to discover her part of the murder quest
I've talked to her and her boss a few times and I feel like maybe I'm just missing something completely obvious.

Gaz_RB

So people keep talking about Evelyn, and maybe I"m just missing something obvious, but
I've talked to her and her boss a few times and I feel like maybe I'm just missing something completely obvious.

Talk to the
mortician
?

hemtae

Two ways (that I know of). If you have pet pal you can talk to the dog on the cemetery or Esmeralda will lead you to her if you find enough evidence to sufficiently bother her.

Armaros

Smart to specialize in daggers and bows for a rogue?

It gives you the option to abuse elemental arrows for easy combos and damage in melee unfriendly encounters.

But I don't recommend leveling both equally, you are going to want one of the two to be your primary damage dealer.

Sinatar

What are the benefits for choosing to life quickly or slowly, when asked by the
Pavilion of Life
?

I dunno, that stumped my friend and me, same with the
death pavilion
though the effects on that one were certainly more obvious, the point however wasn't.

Zukuu

Banned
I'm missing the first chest from the "Last Chest"-quest line.
1st: ???
2nd:
Luculla Forest: In the secret treasure room of Maradino (where you teleport)
3rd:
Hiberheim: You stumble over it on the way through the cave, before the icy area.

I'm missing the first chest from the "Last Chest"-quest line.
1st: ???
2nd:
Luculla Forest: In the secret treasure room of Maradino (where you teleport)
3rd:
Hiberheim: You stumble over it on the way through the cave, before the icy area.
To the right of the cook's house in Cyseal, I think that's the one.

Aeana

Out of curiosity, I was wondering how people managed to go about dealing with Bicky the Bomber. What I did was
teleport him out of the room into the hallway, where he exploded
but that seems kinda messy.

Zukuu

Banned
Out of curiosity, I was wondering how people managed to go about dealing with Bicky the Bomber. What I did was
teleport him out of the room into the hallway, where he exploded
but that seems kinda messy.
I just casted
Rain. His fuse went out. He then died (exploded but did not damage her).

JLeack

Banned
Does anyone know the name of the item you use to reveal the entrance to Evelyn's Lab/Chamber? I seem to have misplaced it somewhere. :(

sora87

I finally got around to finishing a quest or two, everything left is still probably too high to beat so I'm gonna have to find another way to gain a level or two.

Zukuu

Banned
To the right of the cook's house in Cyseal, I think that's the one.
Much obliged.

I think I broke the game. Only enchanted my armor and belt (both of which I will probably wear till I finish the game) + the talent "Wheather the Storm". Along with LEECH I pretty much think I'm invincible now and can solo the rest of the game on level 15. lol
2014-07-06_000057bjpy.jpg

Everything HEALS me. (I actually have ~150 armor. enrage was still on :p)

What is funny, is that I still wear the level 1 Sarong on my melee. All I find have int requirement. Both of my other chars wear legendary sarongs.

Armaros

go to the graveyard to find James body, the mortician might know something about the suspects, so search his house thoroughly, also if you finish the 'councilor wife' quest , you get a large bonus and it leads to her as well

once you trigger her as a suspect, you will know because she skips town

JLeack

Banned
Welp. I made the stupidest mistake ever. I seem to have thrown out my Reveal Scroll somewhere on the map like a moron and now I can't progress the game. I have just been so tired of flooding my inventory that I naturally threw things out.

Corsick

If you're under leveled, is there a way to "grind" to catch up, or do you just try to fight uphill until you get through whatever is killing you?

Question - I'm playing this game on my laptop. I have a intel core i7 at 2.4 GHz, with a intel HD 4600 graphics card with 8 GB of RAM.

For all intents and purposes, I don't meet the minimum requirements as listed on steam, yet I can still run this game at 1080p at medium settings. Why is that? It's really annoying because certain games I can run no problem, yet others it's next to impossible. Dark Souls, Divinity, MG: Rising, no problem. Yet a game like Watch Dogs, nearly unplayable.

MayMay

Banned
So has anyone in here actually already finished the game to say something about playtime, how many areas there are etc?

Armaros

So has anyone in here actually already finished the game to say something about playtime, how many areas there are etc?

Iirc from earlier this thread or the D:OS sale thread, .01% of the people that have bought the game, have the Beat the game acheivement on steam achievements. And the game isn't out on gog yet.

Carlius

Banned
how is this game? i need an rpg to play NOW, am starving for one. tired of all the absolute lame shooters and lame action games. i need some some rpg love. yes? no?

Top Bottom