• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Divinity: Original Sin |OT| Sandbox RPG. Co-Op friendly. Bread.

Sarcasm

Feels like I need to delete my save and start new to just get stuff like usable loot and spells not requiring lvl 12. Haven't learned anything and using starter gear -.-

Except my main melee has a semi decent 2h

Zukuu

Banned
Feels like I need to delete my save and start new to just get stuff like usable loot and spells not requiring lvl 12. Haven't learned anything and using starter gear -.-

Except my main melee has a semi decent 2h

vendors change every time you level up. just save BEFORE talking to them. Reload and they have new stock. Use that for skill vendors.

I
Killed Evelyn but the quest didnt update and none of the people in town have an option to further the quest, did I brake the game

Zukuu

Banned
I
Killed Evelyn but the quest didnt update and none of the people in town have an option to further the quest, did I brake the game
you need to pick the stuff up she drops afaik
(an amulet I think, which you can use in the undead church)

So is there anyway to do undo allotted skill points or are you stuck with them? Not really liking having only 1 ranged member in my group atm
Yes, but rather late game-ish. You also lose all skills/spells you've learned. Also, only for your 2 main characters.

Yes, but rather late game-ish. You also lose all skills/spells you've learned. Also, only for your 2 main characters.

Ah i picked up
the enlightened amulet, but they dont mention it or anything to advance to the church. I shall move forward.

Well eh whatever guess I'll somehow make do but 1 ranged in a group blows lol

Pollux

Ok I just bought the game and I'm confused already.

When i first started, whenever I clicked on a spot both of my characters moved their together, and after a few minutes they only move one at a time and I have to switch between them to get them to move to the same area.

How do I get them to move together again?

JambiBum

When i first started, whenever I clicked on a spot both of my characters moved their together, and after a few minutes they only move one at a time and I have to switch between them to get them to move to the same area.

There is a chain that attaches their portrait. Make sure that the characters are close together and then drag one portrait to the other.

nonadventurer

Neo Member

Note how you can connect their portraits to make them move in group, or pull their portraits away from each other to break up your party and move them individually. You must've (accidentally) done the latter. It's a feature.

Instro

So I've pretty much spent my day ransacking Cyseal. Really getting engrossed in this game now, and I'm only about 11 hours in.

With regards to the Philosophy of Death quest,
I'm assuming the book in question is bugged considering it's blank and there doesn't appear to be any way to get writing to show up on it. I ended up just doing some process of elimination on the ghost's questions.

JambiBum

Hmm...Like an actual image of a chain? Ok, I'll give it a try.

The chain will kind of extend from the bottom or top of one of the portraits as you move them together. As long as your characters are close to each other on the map the portraits will connect and you will gain control of both at once again.

Sarcasm

vendors change every time you level up. just save BEFORE talking to them. Reload and they have new stock. Use that for skill vendors.

I know there is many pages but I made this claim back before too. I just have bad luck, I check every level up..just forgot the saving part. Everytime it just sucked and the books kept climbing in level.

Zeliard

Took me 42 hours to discover the "Unlock rotation" option for the camera. Makes things so much better.

Yeah, the game controls much more nicely with the ability to spin the camera around freely. The only graphical oddity I've encountered is when you're at the very edge of the map, where turning the camera to an unintended angle will reveal a blank part of the environment. It also screws a little bit with the mini-map as far as the way your characters are facing.

Completely trivial relative to what you gain with the freedom of movement, and everything else in my experience has been seamless.

Trigger

What level should I be at when heading to
Evelyn's
lair? I'm just at level 4 now, and I'm feeling underleveled for this part of the quest. Not sure if I should just turn around and doing some other quests to level up.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
The camera has definitely been one of the few annoying things about the game for the 9 hours or so I've played thus far, so I think I'll try unlocking it, too. The warning scared me off initially.

Zukuu

Banned
I think the default camera is fine, really. When the radius is not enough, a quick press of mouse 4 (I changed the shortcut) to top-down view, will solve everything and makes precision movement very easy.

I just looted "nullify resistance" for my melee from a chest. If it sounds as amazing as I think it is, it might be the best loot as of yet.

JLeack

Banned
So, I just cleared Evelyn's Lair/Lab. I don't really know where to go next. The map shows an icon on the Lair and on Evelyn's House. The journal says:

"We discovered that the resurrection of Braccus Rex was Evelyn's principal goal in Cyseal. Perhaps we should investigate this first..."

Any ideas what to do?

Rizzi

What level should I be at when heading to
Evelyn's
lair? I'm just at level 4 now, and I'm feeling underleveled for this part of the quest. Not sure if I should just turn around and doing some other quests to level up.

Go do other stuff for a while. I'm level 6-7 and I'm only now finding myself able to get anywhere near it.

Zukuu

Banned
So, I just cleared Evelyn's Lair/Lab. I don't really know where to go next. The map shows an icon on the Lair and on Evelyn's House. The journal says:

"We discovered that the resurrection of Braccus Rex was Evelyn's principal goal in Cyseal. Perhaps we should investigate this first..."

Any ideas what to do?
Try to go after the quests captain Aures (or something) gives you... ;)

Sarcasm

Cheesing with barrels works only so far in this lab fight. Got the boss and some cyclops..the rest just go out of range lol.

Move a crate they all suddenly can move 15 ap and attack at same time one shotting me..haha

Wouldn't really say this is challenging lol

sammich

Anyone in here have an extra key from the collectors edition wanna sell me a key or still on the fence about this game wanna split the digital collectors edition?

So once you get first 4 in group do you meet others or can you only hire more in the hero hallway(or whatever it's called). Seems like a pain to hire someone at lvl 1?

So once you get first 4 in group do you meet others or can you only hire more in the hero hallway(or whatever it's called). Seems like a pain to hire someone at lvl 1?

The henchmen are available in a range of levels and builds, from levels 1-20. You can only hire one up to a level higher than your party, and hiring one a level lower won't make much of a difference in the long run if the XP curve is as big as some people have suggested.

The henchmen are available in a range of levels and builds, from levels 1-20. You can only hire one up to a level higher than your party, and hiring one a level lower won't make much of a difference in the long run if the XP curve is as big as some people have suggested.

Alright thanks. When I initially entered I only had the option for a lvl 1 battlemage and I was lvl 3 I believe

Alright thanks. When I initially entered I only had the option for a lvl 1 battlemage and I was lvl 3 I believe

You should be able to view them all right from the start; there's a button to go left or right to switch characters. One bummer is that you always start at the level 1 guy and have to navigate left or right to the character you want.

JambiBum

Someone a while ago said that you can carry barrels with you. Can you actually do this or are they just dragging them along?

Trigger

I wish the banter between your two npcs played a bigger role in things. I haven't really left the first city yet, but it feels like an afterthought right now.

Go do other stuff for a while. I'm level 6-7 and I'm only now finding myself able to get anywhere near it.

Ah, thanks. I still have a solid amount of stuff to do in the city so I'll just focus on that for now.

I wish the banter between your two npcs played a bigger role in things. I haven't really left the first city yet, but it feels like an afterthought right now.

Ah, thanks. I still have a solid amount of stuff to do in the city so I'll just focus on that for now.

I think the banter is going somewhere, the game clearly keeps track and remembers what type of character each of them is.

I'm very excited to see how they handle such a unique opportunity; I can't think of any other game that has co-op roleplaying of this caliber.

I think hitting shift or alt lets you actually pick them into your inventory (chests and other stuff, too)

Empty the item in question, and then stand beside it and click on it - you will take it. You can also just drag it into your inventory.

This works for everything (or almost everything) you can move. Barrels, chests, boxes, crates...

So i saw in the other thread someone recommending buying this game from http://steamgamemarket.com/, is this site legit. I hear people got their keys a few hours later, but I've never done anything like this before and this game looks amazing.

Probably some sort of key reseller, but I've never personally used them.

I think someone mentioned earlier in the thread that they will Steam gift (as in, manually gift you the game from an account they use on Steam) the game to you when you buy it from their website... which sounds incredibly dubious to me.

Top Bottom