• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Divinity: Original Sin |OT| Sandbox RPG. Co-Op friendly. Bread.

Einbroch

Banned
I have a friend on the cusp of buying this with me. Anyone have a video showing how good the co-op is so it can push him over the edge?

Moff

Mages are so OP in this game.

I think the later the game the stronger the non-mage classes
resitances get harder
weapons get stronger
mages damage doesnt scale with weapons

with all the utility and buffs and debubbs, I think in the mid to late game, its balanced. my 2h warrior and ranger do insane damage.

but in the beginning mages are OP

Leezard

Phantom Forest.

Is there anyway to have EVERYONE go there, cause everyone except my main dies from the smog. Can my main just Invisibility it up to finish the main quest in the forest, or is that futile?

Just go through the fog with your main, then teleport the rest of the team there with the pyramids. The fog covers only a really small area, and everywhere without the fog is safe.

Moff

Phantom Forest.

Is there anyway to have EVERYONE go there, cause everyone except my main dies from the smog. Can my main just Invisibility it up to finish the main quest in the forest, or is that futile?
only like the first few yards are deadly, the rest can pyramid themselves to the char who is past the green mist

Santiako

Yep. 2h is ridiculous.

I have a 2h Knight and Madora. Both with opportunist. Both with flurry. Leech. Etc...

It's a slaughterhouse.

Weather the Storm is also a ridiculously good talent and much better than any talent you get by the magic schools.

Arkeus

Weather the Storm is also a ridiculously good talent and much better than any talent you get by the magic schools.

The magic schools talent are really bad. Who the hell wants something like 20% odds of inflicting a status when they are hit at the price of lesser resists?

A mage shouldn't be hit anyway except by spells/range, and it doesn't work on those am pretty sure, so it just end up a talent for hyrbids...except no one wants to be hit anyway.

So bad.

Leezard

The magic schools talent are really bad. Who the hell wants something like 20% odds of inflicting a status when they are hit at the price of lesser resists?

A mage shouldn't be hit anyway except by spells/range, and it doesn't work on those am pretty sure, so it just end up a talent for hyrbids...except no one wants to be hit anyway.

So bad.

Immunity to stun from the electric school is nice at least. Not as insane as weather the storm, but eh, it makes static clouds/ stun pools very useful for mages.

Enjoyed the review, thanks for the link. I agree with most everything you said although I hope that this day and age a turn based RPG as good as this really won't be "niche" for long. I hope it finds (or perhaps, rediscovers) a sizable audience and Larian has the funding to iron out the small wrinkles going forward.

Thank you! I think Carl would definitely agree with you there, a good portion of his review hearkens back to a time when they were what CPRGs were all about. Hopefully the rave reviews like ours and others will give the game more legs, it certainly deserves it.

Yep. 2h is ridiculous.

I have a 2h Knight and Madora. Both with opportunist. Both with flurry. Leech. Etc...

It's a slaughterhouse.

2h is great, but nothing beats one handed weapons. If you dump a ton of points into boosting AP, you can get a character that can deal a ridiculous number of hits with each turn. It's even better if you have a mage with hasten.

Mages are still pretty useful for dealing out AoE attacks and cleaning up all the elemental surfaces later in the game. They're never as powerful as they are during the first few hours, but they can do a lot of handy things no other class can do.

2h is great, but nothing beats one handed weapons. If you dump a ton of points into boosting AP, you can get a character that can deal a ridiculous number of hits with each turn. It's even better if you have a mage with hasten.

Mages are still pretty useful for dealing out AoE attacks and cleaning up all the elemental surfaces later in the game. They're never as powerful as they are during the first few hours, but they can do a lot of handy things no other class can do.

I can't see 1h beating 2h in damage, ever, without extreme weapon disparity. I am skeptical, at best, that the 1ap difference in attack makes up for the 100+ damage difference. A backstabbing rogue that is critting every attack at 2ap? Maybe. Good luck setting that up though, the backstab positioning is an absolute pain. From the moment you get to level 10 2h warrior with flurry and buffed with Oath of Desecration and wildfire is beast mode.

When does the respec room show up? I'm at the end of act 2.

Heman

Hello guys I need some help:

Just finished the boss up at the immaculate cathedral where you get Leandra's blood, I already have the spell that goes with it. My question is where do i go from here, the quest infiltrating the immaculate still is not complete

Thanks in advance. This game has been one of those where it does absolutely everything you expect and then some. Its like someone took the ideal rpg game I had in my mind and made it. kudos to larian.

Shahadan

Hello guys I need some help:

Just finished the boss up at the immaculate cathedral where you get Leandra's blood, I already have the spell that goes with it. My question is where do i go from here, the quest infiltrating the immaculate still is not complete

Thanks in advance. This game has been one of those where it does absolutely everything you expect and then some. Its like someone took the ideal rpg game I had in my mind and made it. kudos to larian.

You have to go see ICara, talk to her and then combine the two. Then talk to her again.

Laekon

If I'm having a hard time beating
evelyn
should I head some of the other areas or is there a trick to it? I have 2 mages and 2 knights but can't keep up with the fire and poison damage.

Chaos17

I envy my mate, his mage-cleric is so OP, lol

75DD7C6FDBEBBF56522CE898CB391E16765B8DD9

84F4491AB1D93019F7BEFAB3FA0D29C6593F0F35

4895934CBEF7B40A2B62FBF0ACD943A6D06B2473

He finished all the ennemies in his final turn.
Unfortunaly for me, I'm always in the middle of the mobs xD
I need to put more point in HP, lol.

Heman

Yeah, sorry, haven't used that name for some time :p

No worries, thanks though. If there is one thing I feel that this game could have done better was to give some more directions when it comes to certain quests.

Another question for people who have played this game more than me. What have you found to be the most ideal mage skills/abilities and attributes?

Sentenza

It's funny because everywhere I'm looking there's someone claiming a specific class is way overpowered compared to the others... And when you start to pile up all these different claims, they cover virtually the entire range of available specializations.
That said, even in my experience 2H warriors/knights are damage dealers second to none in the heart of the battle.

I had one of those situations where I had a game over in the final moments against a boss, after it dropped three artifacts and a unique... Then the boss got its revenge, because the second time it only dropped four Rares.

Maddening.

I'm still not sure how to hire other group members that are at my lvl (5). All the ones available to me are all lvl 1...1 range,3 melee group yeah not liking it.

Valkyra

Banned
Wait, you're level 19 and still think that mages are OP? I thought you were level 6 or so D:
What are you doing with your melee dudes?

Wait mages aren't OP? What are you doing with your mages? Me and my co-op buddy have a split the elements with our casters with Madora just being spoiled with our crappy RNG (she has so many golds and even immunity to stun and knockdown through gear). The mobs never get to act due to 28 initiative and half the time Madora can never make it to the mobs due to the 20AP a round mage can basically end a fight.

Oh and the shields(elemental) are godly for mages and absorb(witch craft) is godly for a geared Madora, everything heals her so no need to be careful with nukes.

So...

Has anyone done a certain brothel quest and ended up missing all of their gear? I'm not sure if it's bugged or I'm just missing something. I followed this dude up into the brothel and he attacked me and now my character has no items.

VandalD

So...

Has anyone done a certain brothel quest and ended up missing all of their gear? I'm not sure if it's bugged or I'm just missing something. I followed this dude up into the brothel and he attacked me and now my character has no items.
Loot the chest in the same room. He should've dropped a key.

Jesus, I need to get rid of my archer. I thought it was a good idea, but now.

But now. I mean. I like range, but for some fights I just need someone with stopping power.

A question about Act 3:

Trying to find quests around town to level before trying to defeat the Cursed Poachers again. Already did the Skeleton and OrcLove quests as well as the wizard house/

Top Bottom