• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Divinity: Original Sin |OT| Sandbox RPG. Co-Op friendly. Bread.

Santiako

Anyone else having trouble placing the Round and Square Pendants in the cave in North Cyseal? There are tons of treasure chests behind these two barracades, and I have both pendants, but the game won't let me put them on the pedastal

Drag and drop them.

Monooboe

Arrow Spray
is unique right? Meaning that you can't buy the skillbook? Realized that after
unlocking the respecing at the end of time
, had to reload an old save. That skill is way too good to pass on.

Santiako

Arrow Spray

AFAIK, no skill books are unique, all of them can show up in vendors.

Zakalwe

Banned
Arrow Spray

I've seen it twice if I recall correctly.

1. One of three rewards when you complete the
teleporter puzzle in Lucalla Forest.

2. The
ice elemental at the homestead
has one for sale. It's was there in both my SP and co-op games.

I can't remember if I've seen it on a regular vendor.

Monooboe

I've seen it twice if I recall correctly.

1. One of three rewards when you complete the
teleporter puzzle in Lucalla Forest.

2. The
ice elemental at the homestead
has one for sale. It's was there in both my SP and co-op games.

I can't remember if I've seen it on a regular vendor.

Aah good to know, might do the respec after all.:D

Ferrio

Banned
In the second map

Just blew up some goblins, both our characters were like mythbusters, so happy to see explosions no matter the reason.

Fou-Lu

Definitely the heat that's been crashing it, my video card is currently at 80 degrees with frame limit and vsync on. Ugh.

nonadventurer

Neo Member
The dialogs with main evil characters are so booooooooring, jesus. It's night and day compared to conversations with NPCs and animals. Weird.

Those are amazing though.

The entire main quest feels like an afterthought compared to the many irrelevant small conversations and side quests that you get. Personally I like that :p

Damn, still a top seller. Gotta say though, a bit of "divine" teehee help has occurred for this game. I mean, release right around steam sale, in a dry month for releases, with a lot of vocal fan support. It deserves it of course. Just, its rare the great games by devs who really care get rewarded so well.

Too true.

Eyeh4wk

After playing for 30 hs I still don't get what's the point of having high charisma or high reputation. Sure the rps game is easier to win, but it's not worth the points you spend in them.

After playing for 30 hs I still don't get what's the point of having high charisma or high reputation. Sure the rps game is easier to win, but it's not worth the points you spend in them.

Far as I can tell, rep increases your attitude with a character by 5 attitude per 1 point of rep. High attitude will give you more leeway if you're caught stealing. For instance, I was caught stealing at about 40 attitude and the person said something like, "it's fine, but don't do it again" instead of throwing me to the guards. Beyond that, I haven't seen any instance of attitude changing anything.

I'm sure modders will make use of it somehow, so I'm glad it's there.

Charisma helps weigh the janken minigame in your favour, giving you a greater score for every victorious hand.

Gaz_RB

Can anyone help me on this Silverglen sidequest?

How do I get inside the Troll King's cave?

nvm, figured it out

Eternia

Can anyone help me on this Silverglen sidequest?

How do I get inside the Troll King's cave?
You need to find
Frederick in the desert which will lead you to the secret lair of Maradino - hint, it's on the ledge close by where you find him
. Inside, you'll need to get the
spell/book that you will use at the troll cave entrance

Gaz_RB

You need to find
Frederick in the desert which will lead you to the secret lair of Maradino - hint, it's on the ledge close by where you find him
. Inside, you'll need to get the
spell/book that you will use at the troll cave entrance

haha literally figured it out as I pressed refresh.

Thanks man.

epmode

AFAIK, no skill books are unique, all of them can show up in vendors.

I still haven't seen the scoundrel fade into shadows skill on any of the vendors, and I've tried savescumming. You know, it's one of the starting rogue skills.

I feel like I'm doing the 2nd map in the wrong order...

I just started the second map myself and I'd like a nudge in the right direction. I have four quests from the town:

Goblin Trouble
The Troll's Bounty
Infiltrating the Immaculates
The Initiation

What's a good one to focus on from the start?

Kazman

Neo Member
I feel like I'm doing the 2nd map in the wrong order...

I had a similar feeling, couldn't for the life of me find enemies of levels 10 to 12 to fight. Turns out you have to specifically follow the White Witch questline..

You have to
kill the plants around the witch's house using only physical attacks
which then gives you access to
another map where you continue the white witch questline

CHC

Alright what am I missing here? I feel like I've done all the stupid little around town quests, but every time I set foot outside of town my party is decimated in literally one round. My two characters are a wizard and a fighter, then I have Madora and Jahan as well. I've gone to the north and met a pack of zombies that instantly poisoned and killed me, tried that 4-5 times and didn't even get one of them down. On the beaches I am triggering invisible traps everywhere (yes I know, perception, but I can't up that until I level), which are instant kills, and then the first party of orcs I meet again, lays waste to me before I can even kill one.

What else is there to do? I'm getting annoyed just puttering around this town looking for quests so I can level the "right" skills and actually get some shit done. Should I just restart with two wizards since they seem to be the only class that isn't awful

Alright what am I missing here? I feel like I've done all the stupid little around town quests, but every time I set foot outside of town my party is decimated in literally one round. My two characters are a wizard and a fighter, then I have Madora and Jahan as well. I've gone to the north and met a pack of zombies that instantly poisoned and killed me, tried that 4-5 times and didn't even get one of them down. On the beaches I am triggering invisible traps everywhere (yes I know, perception, but I can't up that until I level), which are instant kills, and then the first party of orcs I meet again, lays waste to me before I can even kill one.

What else is there to do? I'm getting annoyed just puttering around this town looking for quests so I can level the "right" skills and actually get some shit done. Should I just restart with two wizards since they seem to be the only class that isn't awful

go west, level 3 undead

Try going west/northwest

Kazman

Neo Member

There is another exit west out of town (near the mortuary). That area should be more to your level.

CHC

To all 3 people above me THANK YOU. I don't know how I missed it but damn I feel like this is better, just actually won a fight which it was about damn time for.

Sentenza

Alright what am I missing here?
The ability to listen to good advices when guards tell you that you are not ready for what's behind a gate, apparently.
as other have pointed, the west gate (the only one which isn't locked, incidentally) is the right direction for a low level party.

hemtae

How would you guys go about building a good rogue? They don't seem that useful but I love playing rogues.

The backstab talent is essential. The invisibilty skill in the scoundrel stuff lets you get away from enemies without getting AOO'd, steal stuff and get into the middle of a bunch of enemies before combat even starts. Other than those two, I like the tactical retreat skill and the teleport spell but I have lone wolf and may have more skill points to play around with.

Chaos17

To all 3 people above me THANK YOU. I don't know how I missed it but damn I feel like this is better, just actually won a fight which it was about damn time for.

The progression of the game is pretty linear so don't hesitate to look for mobs of your level. It's usually where the quests/story will tell you to go.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
The progression of the game is pretty linear so don't hesitate to look for mobs of your level. It's usually where the quests/story will tell you to go.

Yea there is never a point in the game where you fight enemies higher then you, if you are you missed something.

Sentenza

Well, no, not really.
In fact, it's non-linear enough that in few cases you can almost break the logical flow of the story, according to some stories I read even in this thread.
It's just that early in the game the level gap between you and your enemies is very perceivable and it can easily make some battles quite hopeless.

But yeah, as Sinatar pointed, if you are ever facing enemies that are higher in level than you at any point in the game, you should question what else you missed before, even when you can defeat them.

So I was level 5 and have been starved for skills. Finally I found a treasure room full of stuff I sold to buy spells. The gap in power when gaining levels and skills seems substantial. This game is starting to click for me.

CHC

Thanks for the directions, things are MUCH more possible now. Feels so good to pull off combats with all the environmental elements in play and take zero damage.

hemtae

After not being able to play this all last week. I come back and thugs were going fairly well. I managed to steamroll the duke at the villa after forgetting about him for awhile and manage to just eek out a win against Twins-by-fire-joined. And then I just got steamrolled by Braccus Rex. Any tips for two lone wolves?

Knight77

I think there's an option in the nvidia control panel to always use the main gpu.

Quick google - does this help? It's been a while since I owned a laptop...

Tried and nothing changed. Looks like the game only support (and recogn ) the Intel video card of lsptop and this is absurd and ridiculous. The game like this is unplayable, its really a waste of money for me.

Levyne

Banned
Tried and nothing changed. Looks like the game only support (and recogn ) the Intel video card of lsptop and this is absurd and ridiculous. The game like this is unplayable, its really a waste of money for me.

I remember there was a similar issue with Sonic generations that required an alteration to some configuration file. Hopefully someone finds something out how to force it :(

Decado

Is the forest area the second main map? My co-op partner and stumbled into it. We haven't completed a bunch of quests in the 1st main area and are lvl 8.

JambiBum

So does anyone know if there is a reason why sometimes when I try to boost a weapon or something else it doesn't seem to take? It even says that I'm crafting a boosted thing but then it doesn't work.

Phionoxx

So does anyone know if there is a reason why sometimes when I try to boost a weapon or something else it doesn't seem to take? It even says that I'm crafting a boosted thing but then it doesn't work.

Have had this happen as well. Guessing it is a low skill level issue? But yeah it is weird not to get the text notification saying so. I don't have crafting and blacksmith both up to 5 yet, and boosting certain armor and weapons is hit or miss. Thinking just need to get them both to 5.

Zakalwe

Banned

I can almost guarantee you it's fault with you laptop, not the game.

Make a post on a dedicated support site like Thom's Hardware, they should be able to help you out. I would also make a thread on Larian's forum and/or contact their support directly as they're extremely helpful.

Hover over your stats and the reputation sliders themselves, certain high rep gives you bonus points in certain attributes.

-

I just don't get how people are saying they completed the game in 55 hours and did everything they could find. I'm around 70 hours (100 hours total with my o-op game) in and only at Hunter's Edge, I've been doing almost everything but I still have a lot of stuff to mop up. I had to repeat a couple of the fights early on as I pushed forward above my level, but mostly I've not been hindered.

JambiBum

Have had this happen as well. Guessing it is a low skill level issue? But yeah it is weird not to get the text notification saying so. I don't have crafting and blacksmith both up to 5 yet, and boosting certain armor and weapons is hit or miss. Thinking just need to get them both to 5.

I have both at 5. Thats the confusing thing.

Top Bottom