• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Divinity: Original Sin |OT| Sandbox RPG. Co-Op friendly. Bread.

epmode

Day and night cycles add so much to games like this, though, especially when NPCs move around based on the time. I'm still sad that they couldn't swing it. Sequel pls.

Anyway, they cut the day/night cycle but isn't NPC scheduling still in place? How does that work in practice?

Santiako

Day and night cycles add so much to games like this, though, especially when NPCs move around based on the time. I'm still sad that they couldn't swing it. Sequel pls.

Anyway, they cut the day/night cycle but isn't NPC scheduling still in place? How does that work in practice?

afaik there's no NPC scheduling either

Sothpaw

Here is me when it is night time in BG2. /rest until daytime.

I can't see shit at night.

Santiako

Huh, I thought we've met the day/night stretch goal.

It fell 60k or so short

18a58b8a67076144080d8f8492f96267_large.jpg

Qvoth

so... the game's on 20% sale now..
how does the multiplayer work? i heard you can't just join a public game with your character? something like the host need to have your character unlocked or something like that?

~Kinggi~

Banned
Seems like some of the stretch goals either didnt actually make it in or are delayed. I have a feeling there was serious budget issues just getting the game done and they ran into trouble.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Seems like some of the stretch goals either didnt actually make it in or are delayed. I have a feeling there was serious budget issues just getting the game done and they ran into trouble.

They ran out of the kickstarter fund a few months ago. Larian used funds meant for their next game to finish D:OS.

That they run out of resources to create NPC scheduling is the reason they cut day and night cycle in the first place.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Is there a specific reason why they don't allow body-style editing to the character customization?

They would have to model every armor and outfit two to three times. It would add more work to a team already behind on providing planned content. As of now, they are shipping a finished game, but some things like additional companions/henchmen will be introduced in a later update.

Zia

Is it safe to download the Early Access ver overnight if I don't plan on playing until 1.0 ships? I'd rather not download the entire game twice.

pix

What are the big differences in game difficulty? Is it just more mob HP/Damage or does the AI improve as well?

oipic

Is it safe to download the Early Access ver overnight if I don't plan on playing until 1.0 ships? I'd rather not download the entire game twice.

It should simply patch to update itself to the 'release' version, but I don't think we know at this stage just how large that patch might be. I'm in the same boat, tempted to click 'install' just to make it feel that much closer. :)

It'll be July 1st in my part of the world when this launches, but I've had 'THE 30TH!' in my mind for weeks - I've smiled to myself each time I've written the date today.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
I can't handle this hype, seriously I'm losing my shit over here.

I haven't been this hyped for a game since like Diablo 2.

Man, everything in that final stretch goal is .. so important for me. I mean, I wanted this to go beyond Ultima VII.. hugely disappointed. No NPC schedules?!

pix

I read about a bug not sure if it is true or not but posting here so people are aware.

Also, this might be something patched in the final version, but as of now, when you discover a waypoint, you get the explore exp for it, but it doesn't activate unless you click on it. In the first city, you can end up being transported to a portal area, that will be impossible to get out of unless you have activated a portal before you get there. Have to reload an old save if you don't do it. So, when you get to a new waypoint portal, take the two seconds to actually run up to it and click it.

Soi-Fong

Man.. I'm really debating whether to get this or not.. I've had a lot of self-control thus far this sale. Have only bought two games..

I don't suppose there's an always-run option? I hate that the characters walk when your mouse pointer isn't a certain distance away when you click. The movement in general actually feels very sluggish.

Really liking everything else, though. The combos you can do in combat are great!

JCizzle

I don't suppose there's an always-run option? I hate that the characters walk when your mouse pointer isn't a certain distance away when you click. The movement in general actually feels very sluggish.

Really liking everything else, though. The combos you can do in combat are great!

Agreed on all counts... really looking forward to tomorrow! This game seemingly came out of nowhere, but looks great.

Corpekata

Banned
How wishy washy and non-commital the Larian twitter is about timelines for all this makes me think I probably will not be playing this around 10 AM.

Last week this game was barely on my radar. Now I sit here dying for the final version to release as if I've been waiting forever for it and I feel like I have nothing else to do, when in fact I have plenty, but I want THIS GAME NOW.

Kennyfish

Neo Member
How wishy washy and non-commital the Larian twitter is about timelines for all this makes me think I probably will not be playing this around 10 AM.

I think it's partly because the editor is still not out. I'm sure they would be more concrete if the release of the game was in their hands and not whenever Valve flips the switch.

Corpekata

Banned
To be fair, it's not up to them. They have to wait for Valve.

Well I mean with like even the keys for backers. They're like "Sometime in the next 24 hours, but the day is long" which sounds kinda weird. I don't see why Valve would have much to do with making backers wait till the very last minute for keys.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Well I mean with like even the keys for backers. They're like "Sometime in the next 24 hours, but the day is long" which sounds kinda weird. I don't see why Valve would have much to do with making backers wait till the very last minute for keys.

Generally, developers have to request keys from Valve.

OmegaDL50

I want more PC RPGs to pad my collection along with D:OS GAF.

I used to own the original Baldur's Gate years ago when it was on 5 CDs.

I am thinking of picking up the Enhanced Edition but I'm hearing things about new bugs that weren't in the original release.

Kind on the fence here.

Eusis

Didn't Shovel Knight have them fast? As in as-a-reward-for-kickstarting-play-the-night-before? Or have other Kickstarters been an issue?

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Didn't Shovel Knight have them fast? As in as-a-reward-for-kickstarting-play-the-night-before? Or have other Kickstarters been an issue?

I'm not aware of the Shovel Knight situation, but the last time a indie dev talked about the process, you fill out an online submission form indicating the number of keys and of what type you want. Then you wait until Valve messages you back.

Eusis

I'm not aware of the Shovel Knight situation, but the last time a indie dev talked about the process, you fill out a online submission form indicated the number of keys and of what type you want. Then you wait until valve messages you back.
Hopefully they're more on the ball with that versus before, but then this is a unique situation in that the Alpha/Beta access came for us, and needs to be turned off for the sake of the full game.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Hope this comes out at a reasonable time today. I was hoping for a stealth release at midnight, but I guess not ha.

Time is calculated as PT, not for each region.

Hopefully they're more on the ball with that versus before, but then this is a unique situation in that the Alpha/Beta access came for us, and needs to be turned off for the sake of the full game.

Still hoping for a surprise second sub.

Sothpaw

I want more PC RPGs to pad my collection along with D:OS GAF.

I used to own the original Baldur's Gate years ago when it was on 5 CDs.

I am thinking of picking up the Enhanced Edition but I'm hearing things about new bugs that weren't in the original release.

Kind on the fence here.

Enhanced Edition is great, there have been tons of bug fix patches. I have played through it and experienced no bugs. Pick up BG2 Enhanced too.

Top Bottom