• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Divinity: Original Sin |OT| Sandbox RPG. Co-Op friendly. Bread.

Ceebs

Enhanced Edition is great, there have been tons of bug fix patches. I have played through it and experienced no bugs. Pick up BG2 Enhanced too.

Yeah if you do not want to deal with setting up mods every time you want to play, they are perfectly acceptable.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
While we wait, here is a complete map of Rivellon from the first game.

14538991094_075cd28af2_o.png

Durante

A bunch of the important mods are ported to the Enhanced Edition anyway. We're past the point that buying the original is better, unless you have a very specific need.
As long as the NPC mod for BG1 isn't ported I don't agree with that. (It seems to be gradually getting there though)

Ceebs

Anyone planning on doing 2 cocurrent playthroughs (solo and co-op?)

Not sure if I should just save it for co-op or go exploring on my own as well.

Arulan

Well, I was going to stay up and wait it out until release but the release time is a little too late in the day for that. I suppose sleep is as close to fast-forwarding as I can get.

Well, I was going to stay up and wait it out until release but the release time is a little too late in the day for that. I suppose sleep is as close to fast-forwarding as I can get.
Fuck knows why that has to happen. Doesn't happen to all games released on Steam. At least it's the same day around the world. But why do Europeans have to wait for a US release time? Just press a fucking button.

OmegaDL50

As long as the NPC mod for BG1 isn't ported I don't agree with that. (It seems to be gradually getting there though)

Well I won't be messing with mods yet. I'm just going to play it vanilla because I didn't exactly have a good experience with my first time with the game, mostly because of impatience and being 16 years younger.

ExReey

Just installed the beta, hoping for a simple patch when the final releases later today.

Just launched the game to take a quick look... The music during the character creation is simply PHENOMENAL. Might be the best original music I've ever heard in a PC game. Hope the digital soundtrack will be here soon.

Joey Ravn

Banned
Wow. Honestly, I wasn't paying attention to this game, mainly because of the turn-based combat... but, damn. It looks so good. I'm definitely getting it as soon as it is released today.

I should finish my playthrough of The Witcher before starting Original Sin, though.

jblank83

I don't suppose there's an always-run option? I hate that the characters walk when your mouse pointer isn't a certain distance away when you click. The movement in general actually feels very sluggish.

The run speed and run mechanics are one of my main complaints about the game, aside from some quibbly interface issues. The world is so big that running so slowly is a pain.

It's not enough to ruin the experience, though.

Spookie

10am PST apparently. For me in the UK that'll be around 6pm (not too sure of the time difference).

That's fucking silly. That's not release on Monday 30th for me. I won't even have it downloaded for Tuesday for fuck sake! As much as I like steam their release system is a complete joke for those of us hamstrung my shitty internet connections due to our location.

EVOL 100%

Bought it and played for about an hour. I'm going in completely blind and it's been very good so far. Love the companion system.

Is there any word about support for custom portraits? The portrait selection is pretty lacking and it doesn't seem like it'd be a particularly difficult thing to implement

Lucifon

Reading the update when they announce they'll cut n/d cycles, it mentions that npc scheduiling is in, so don't worry about that.
http://www.lar.net/2014/03/28/here-we-go/

In this update he never seems to mention anything about post-release, which is slightly concerning. Not making a feature for launch, fine, but if it's a feature you promised early backers of the project why not work on it after launch? I'd love to see this as a game that gets built on, constant updates, maybe a proper expansion like the good old PC gaming olden days. But all I see mentioned is 'next RPGs'. Have they given any indication about post launch support?

Aeana

I decided to grab this while it's on sale. I hope I like it. I wasn't a fan of Divinity 2, but... looking into the games in this series, it's almost like every game is of a different genre.

Teppic

I decided to grab this while it's on sale. I hope I like it. I wasn't a fan of Divinity 2, but... looking into the games in this series, it's almost like every game is of a different genre.
I'm in the same boat. Got this game for cheap and couldn't resist. I liked a lot of things I've heard about the game, but I'm not sure it's something I will enjoy playing. I also like that Swen seems so passionate when talking about making this game and it's features. Makes me more confident that it's a good game worth playing.

pahamrick

I kind of want to buy this, just afraid of how it'll run on my comp, I have a GTX 580 1.5 GB and a i7 2600k 3.4 Ghz and 8 GB Ram.

I'm running with an i7 920 and Crossfire AMD HD5870s. Even with only one card activated it's still playable for me on ultra. Not sure of what the frame rate was, but considering the combat is turn based and you don't need a high frame rate for twitch reactions it should run pretty good for you.

Tenck

I kind of want to buy this, just afraid of how it'll run on my comp, I have a GTX 580 1.5 GB and a i7 2600k 3.4 Ghz and 8 GB Ram.

I'm not sure I get the worries you're having? Unless you're planning on playing on ultra and downsample from 4k, you're fine.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
I'm still a bit torn about what I should or shouldn't do today. I'm really looking forward to Original Sin, but a part of me wants to wait untill the two other companions get patched in. And it's not like i'll have nothing to amuse myself with in the meantime, still very much enjoying Might & Magic X.

B-b-but...
...Divinity releases tonight and it looks so goooood! :/

Might as well finish Might & Magic X unless you have a coop buddy waiting for you. I put MM aside and haven't been back to it since. Will do at some point soon though as I now have a 780 Ti so I am hoping it no longer runs like hot garbage.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Wife and I have bought it, ready for our co-op RPG experience that nobody else has thought up of until now.

I'm the fire wizard dude, she's the undecided.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member

This is a accurate summary of the series genre changes.

D:OS is more akin to Divine Divinity and Beyond Divinity. Divinity 2 is a radical departure from its predecessors.

Durante

^ I hope the storytelling isn't particularly epic :p

This is a accurate summary of the series genre changes.

D:OS is more akin to Divine Divinity and Beyond Divinity. Divinity 2 is a radical departure from its predecessors.
Though D:OS is also a very radical departure from Divine Divinity in terms of combat and party mechanics.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Wife and I have bought it, ready for our co-op RPG experience that nobody else has thought up of until now.

I'm the fire wizard dude, she's the undecided.

You might want to specialize into a secondary element eventually. There are a few enemies that are healed by fire.
Though D:OS is also a very radical departure from Divine Divinity in terms of combat and party mechanics.

Definitely. But I was only responding to her misgivings about Divinity 2.

Any of the classes a bit more useless than the others? How far into the game do you start encountering companions/henchmen to fill out your roles?

Bought and currently downloading, Can't effing wait!

I'm still a bit torn about what I should or shouldn't do today. I'm really looking forward to Original Sin, but a part of me wants to wait untill the two other companions get patched in. And it's not like i'll have nothing to amuse myself with in the meantime, still very much enjoying Might & Magic X.

How is M&MX? performance wise I mean. I played through the game when it came out and the game ran horribly on my GTX 670, really nasty freezes and texture pop-in when moving, all the while looking pretty ugly. I assume it's received a few patches since thenso I might jump back in, after Divinity of course.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Any of the classes a bit more useless than the others? How far into the game do you start encountering companions to fill out your roles?

Rogue melee skills seem to be less effective against some of the undead encounters as they use AOE attacks frequently.

You meet the Knight and Air/Electricity mage companions within the first town. You also unlock henchmen (every class possible is represented) in the same town.

Alright. Bought! I blame the hype. And the fact that I want to stop playing WoW for a while and want a nice RPG to jump into.

Question, should I download the game now or wait until it's out?

Top Bottom