• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Divinity: Original Sin |OT| Sandbox RPG. Co-Op friendly. Bread.

Tambini

This has only just caught my eye. I'm so close to dropping £24 for it but i'm not 100% yet.

I know the game is early access .Can I ask how finished/how much content is in the game at the moment?

Also is there difficulty options or if not how difficult would you say the game is?

Thanks guys

Durante

I know the game is early access .Can I ask how finished/how much content is in the game at the moment?
The full release is less than 24 hours away:
t1404151200z4.png

I can't really answer your question about difficulty, I haven't played enough for that. But there are difficulty levels.

I'm getting a kind of Neverwinter Nights 1/2 vibe from this game. Obviously the combat is different and it looks smoother to play, but how close is it? I really liked the Neverwinter Nights games. Is it closer to that, than say the Diablo games, which I'm not as into?

I'm getting a kind of Neverwinter Nights 1/2 vibe from this game. Obviously the combat is different and it looks smoother to play, but how close is it? I really liked the Neverwinter Nights games. Is it closer to that, than say the Diablo games, which I'm not as into?

It's an RPG, like Neverwinter Nights.

It has turn-based combat, which is unlike both NWN and Diablo.

It has dialog trees, like Neverwinter Nights.

It is more similar to NWN than Diablo.

sueil

It is absolutely nothning like Diablo games zero percent like them zero shared DNA. It is like ultima 7 + temple of elemental evil + nwn + magicka had a baby or something like that.

VandalD

I wonder what happens if I buy the DLC on the back of a Kickstarter code that's gonna make the game disappear from my game list. I'd assume I keep the DLC and just regain access to it when I put the new code in from the vault, but hmm..

Sothpaw

It's most like NWN2 of the games you listed. But much better mechanics/camera. It is also turn based not real time with pause. Most likely the writing won't be MOTB level but nothing wrong with that.

Zukuu

Banned
I'm SO getting ready. Just need to get some snacks for Morrow evening. Have Tuesday off.
Sadly, my 1.2kg box of cola Maoam Kracher won't be ready by tomorrow.

sueil

Henchmen automatically level up with you right? If I am level 5 and hire a level 1 henchmen will they still be level 1 or will they level up to level 5? I can't test it because my characters are both lone wolf.

Zakalwe

Banned
I'm SO getting ready. Just need to get some snacks for Morrow evening. Have Tuesday off.
Sadly, my 1.2kg box of cola Maoam Kracher won't be ready by tomorrow.

You wouldn't eat all of those in a single night, would you?

I have some good coffee and a few biscuits lined up. I snack like an old person.

-

Shadowrun is good, but it's not scratching the itch the beta left. I don't think I'll be able to appreciate it till I get Divinity out of my system.

Maybe if I sleep now I can sleep through to release...

Zukuu

Banned
You wouldn't eat all of those in a single night, would you?

I have aome good coffee and a few biscuits lined up. I snack like an old person.
400g were no problem during the 10 hour movie marathon the other week. :p

I wonder if there is a snack or meal that fits the theme of Divinity to get even more into the mood. Suggestions?

Bought it seeing the rerun. Decided to tease myself a little by starting the character creation process and promptly quit the game.

Only a day to go now.

LogicStep

I've never played any of the famous crpgs. I recently got XCOM and really liked the combat in that game which seems similar to this. I think I'm going to bite, everything I've seen about looks impressive and very well made.

Zukuu

Banned
I've never played any of the famous crpgs. I recently got XCOM and really liked the combat in that game which seems similar to this. I think I'm going to bite, everything I've seen about looks impressive and very well made.
It plays so much better than XCOM imo. I'm sure you'll enjoy it. :)

XCOM is a strategy game, Divinity is a full-blown RPG. But they both have tactical, turn-based combat - and if you enjoy that sort of thing, I don't see why you wouldn't enjoy them both.

Prepare to puzzle-solve, triumph over treasureboxes, and eradicate all enemies!

Santiako

Couldn't help myself and played a bit again. Come tomorrow I'll be glued to the game as soon as the last football match ends. I don't have to work Tuesday so I'll probably pull an all-nighter.

SO MUCH HYPE

Adnor

Banned

Besides being turn-based the combat in XCOM and D:OS are complety different.
In XCOM your turns are based in a move-attack system, when in D:OS every action use Action Points, so you can do whatever you want if you have enough points. In XCOM is the team that has a turn, not the character, so you can move everyone in your team at the same time, in D:OS every character has their own initiative, which determines when is their turn. XCOM is grid based, Divinity has no grid so you can move freely on the map.
Both are amazing games ;)

Zukuu

Banned
So... tomorrow then?

depends on your time zone. In mine it comes out today. :O
There is also a timer on the page before showing the tentative release date (if steam actually pushes the button...). 17:30 hours to go until release. Kickstarter codes should be ready by then.

lokeloski

Someone asked a couple pages back and I got curious: will the game have a day and night cycle?

I played the beta a little, but didn't notice anything.

Zukuu

Banned
Someone asked a couple pages back and I got curious: will the game have a day and night cycle?

I played the beta a little, but didn't notice anything.

They started working on it (including the NPC schedules) but it had to be cut along the lines due to budget restrictions. Unlike missing personalities for your partner and 2 more fully fledged companions, that feature won't be patched in later either.

~Kinggi~

Banned
The way they handle night is probably just make some areas of the game really atmospheric and dark, so it looks night. Or they actually change the time.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Sorry for my confusion but is the final game releasing tomorrow? Because there is still something about early access in Steam.

Almost missed this game but reading the LTTP of BG2 i remembered that i had subscribed this thread.Hope this also run okish on older hardware. Have only a Notebook mit i5-450M 2.4 GHz, 8GB Ram and a Radeon Mobility HD 5650 (2GB).

June 30th (PDT).

The CPU meets the minimum specifications but the GPU (Radeon Mobility HD 5650) is a bit under powered.

I don't really care about the rogue damage skills anyway, at least from the little I have seen. The rogue stuff that matters seems to me to be the utility stuff like lockpicking and disarming traps, which I guess anyone can do with enough perception?

I tried out a wayfarer yesterday and I just don't think that bows are as much fun as staves. That's a personal opinion, of course. If I can swing it, I may still make a wayfarer type character but base her on an enchanter or wizard so that she starts with the staff. Then I can slowly build in some of the rogue utility skills so that she ends up being an Int/Dex/Perception character.

The utility abilities like pickpocket, lock pick, and sneak are determined by independent ability stats. Perception is an independent category.

Top Bottom