• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Divinity: Original Sin |OT| Sandbox RPG. Co-Op friendly. Bread.

I know someone's probably already posted it here, but can someone tell me at what time this game will come out of early access? I'm dying to play it.

Durante

Gedosato beta 8 doesn't work for me with the game. Default injection crashes the game and alternate injection doesn't show up the new resolution in game.
Consult the last two pages of the GeDoSaTo thread. Probably you need to make a small registry adjustment.

ExReey

Thank you for your feedback, all those words excite me, I loved Icewind Dale and Plansecape Torment, I know this isn't THOSE games but I think it'll be money well spent.

Ever played Ultima VII (probably the best crpg ever made)? Then you know what to expect.

Xamdou

Dragon Commander brought me here... VA on the game is top notch so I am glad they will be having the same VA's in this game as well.

I know someone's probably already posted it here, but can someone tell me at what time this game will come out of early access? I'm dying to play it.

Larian patched in the game's editor a few days ago, and, last I heard, we're still waiting for that to be enabled... so I wouldn't hold my breath on a quick transition.

It will be later rather than sooner.

MayMay

Banned
I'm so excited to start playing tomorrow....! I made a big mistake by watching so many videos, hyped myself up -- can't wait now.

Complistic

All right this game rocks. Just kinda toying around at the beach exploring and such since I know it's pointless to go much further.

I'm slightly upset I waited for the steam sale to get it.

Corsick

Just bought it, will save my TF2 keys (couldn't trade due to steamguard) for something else in the future. Very pleased it went on sale again, tomorrow should be great!

Complistic

I do have a question about conversations. I'm playing single player. Is there a setting where you roleplay one character instead of both of them? Was that the AI setting in create a character?

Leb

I do have a question about conversations. I'm playing single player. Is there a setting where you roleplay one character instead of both of them? Was that the AI setting in create a character?

The only AI personalities currently available are Loyal (always agree) and Random (useless except for gimmick runs, I'd say). More will be patched in soonish.

Has there been any word what file format the DOS soundtrack will be in?

I ask because Divinity: Dragon Commander's soundtrack is only in .flac, which took me by surprise (and also surreptitiously converted me to .flac).
Aw turn based... I'll stick with Dragon Commander then.

You're scaring me, dou.

What's going on here?

capturevqshr.png

Oh wow did not expect to come home to this! That is really exciting! I wonder if it will keep the momentum going until tomorrow.

Tenck

Some of the songs I heard in the beta are definitely from Divinity 2.

If you buy Divinity 2 from GOG, you'll also get the soundtrack. Just a heads up. (Unfortunately it's $9.99 right now on GOG vs Steam's $5.99)

The composer got ill close to finishing up D:OS. Instead of replacing him they used some of his past work.

BashNasty

A bit interested in picking this up, as I've seen a lot of good things, but my main concern is about the "feel" of the game. If a game feels great to play (think Diablo III or any Mario platformer) I'm likely to love it and sink tons of time into it. However, if a game feels clunky or off in some way, despite how good it may otherwise be, I'm very, very unlikely to play it for more than a few hours.

Do spells feel weighty and fun to cast, is inventory management intuitive, are animations fluid? Those are the kind of things that make or break a game for me.

Xamdou

A bit interested in picking this up, as I've seen a lot of good things, but my main concern is about the "feel" of the game. If a game feels great to play (think Diablo III or any Mario platformer) I'm likely to love it and sink tons of time into it. However, if a game feels clunky or off in some way, despite how good it may otherwise be, I'm very, very unlikely to play it for more than a few hours.

Do spells feel weighty and fun to cast, is inventory management intuitive, are animations fluid? Those are the kind of things that make or break a game for me.

I am in the same boat... this game just fell in my radar today and the game comes out tomorrow ><!

Dipper145

just played the tutorial dungeon and up to the first city area, love it. Going to hold off until tomorrow though.

Can't decide what kind of class I wanted to actually play when I start though.

Eusis

Huh, I think going for the $25 kickstarter + the DLC (especially on sale) is a better value than whichever the equivalent backer tier is. Works for me I guess, the $50 one. Then again you also got that with an extra copy of the game.

joesmokey

Anyone having issues rendering fonts? I'm playing 2560x1440 in windowed and I can't read any of the in-game overhead dialog. Lots of missing letters, etc.

I'd say you'll feel extremely happy. I say that coming from the point of view of someone who has NOT been hyped about the game, but I bought it and played it for a little bit. I am very impressed in the solid feel of the game so far, feels very well designed.

aravuus

(I actually wouldn't want it to be released right now. I need to be at work tomorrow morning)

My 4-week summer vacation literally couldn't have come at a better time. I've got a bunch of old-new games thanks to the Summer Sale and I re-discovered Kingdom of Loathing.

Lots of gaming to do.

Top Bottom