• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Divinity: Original Sin |OT| Sandbox RPG. Co-Op friendly. Bread.

Sentenza

NICE! I would probably be far more excited if I could actually play the game until Sunday, since I'm at work every day up to 11:30 PM.
Which means that every hour of playthrough I will get this week will be at expenses of my healthy sleeping time (and by the way I'm afraid that's exactly what will happen).

Zakalwe

Banned
NICE! I would probably be far more excited if I could actually play the game until Sunday, since I'm at work every day up to 11:30 PM.
Which means that every hour of playthrough I will get this week will be at expenses of my healthy sleeping time (and by the way I'm afraid that's exactly what will happen).

Ok, but what time do you start work in the morning?

Thank you!

Another question for those who played the alpha/beta alot, how useful was the pet pal talent? Did you use it often?

It's quite fun. Some of the conversations you have are worth getting the talent for alone imo, and some quests can be solved with the help of an animal in the local vicinity. I'll be taking it early on.

Sentenza

Thank you!

Another question for those who played the alpha/beta alot, how useful was the pet pal talent? Did you use it often?
It opens up the game to a lot more optional interactions with animals, but I never got the impression it was actually "needed" to any extent. At least not in the beta.

Noaloha

Thank you!

It's useful, on a first playthrough at least. Rats gives hints and tips generally, plus you'lk get additional minor quests and options within larger quests. It's also frequently funny. Dogs especially are hilarious.

Brick

Alright, GAF, I'm considering this game, but I know next to nothing about the Divinity series. I know that it's a turn based isometric RPG, but that's all I know. Is the story any good? Combat satisfying? Interesting characters? Basically, I need you to sell me on Original Sin before the Steam Sale is over, or I probably won't pick this up until the next sale.

Sentenza

Ok, but what time do you start work in the morning?
1:00 PM, but the morning is filled with:
- me trying really hard to wake up for couple of hours (while doing coffee and so on).
- me going to the near park for my daily hour of running.
So I'm rarely in the mood to play games.
More often I end up playing at night *after* work, but as I said that comes at expenses of my healthy sleep.

Noaloha

Alright, GAF, I'm considering this game, but I know next to nothing about the Divinity series. I know that it's a turn based isometric RPG, but that's all I know. Is the story any good? Combat satisfying? Interesting characters? Basically, I need you to sell me on Original Sin before the Steam Sale is over, or I probably won't pick this up until the next sale.
There have been dozens of people in this thread try out the early access version and post their impressions -- apart from one sole poster who said the game didn't click with him, every single impression has ranged from positive to outright sopping wet gushing with superlatives. :)

Santiako

Thank you!

Probably not needed, but I've loved every single animal conversation I've had. I personally wouldn't make party without a character with it.

Ashtar

Does this game have game pad support (i'm thinking no) but there are like no games coming out to get excited for might go ahead and get this for my Mac hopefully it doesn't run like crap

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Does this game have game pad support (i'm thinking no) but there are like no games coming out to get excited for might go ahead and get this for my Mac hopefully it doesn't run like crap

Nope it's all point & click, wouldn't be playable on a gamepad.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Banned from Market on steam until 19th (hadn't bought game for a while) is there anyone who could sell me keys via paypal or the actual game?

Zakalwe

Banned
Banned from Market on steam until 19th (hadn't bought game for a while) is there anyone who could sell me keys via paypal or the actual game?

Try sourceop forums for buying keys via PP, just make sure you're using a trader with high reputation and it should be absolutley fine. If you're really stuck I might be able to help out.

I'll be home in a few hours, add me to steam (same username as here, cat for an avatar).

Hrothgar

For those with Kickstarter Code problems, from their KS update:

Important note: The Kickstarter backer ID database on Steam is currently missing a number of entries and is being updated. In a couple of hours it should recognise the backer ID of everybody. Small team working through a large task list with lots of pressure in an online environment with an internet connection that decided today was a good day to go on strike - bare with us, it'll all be done soon enough ;)

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Try sourceop forums for buying keys via PP, just make sure you're using a trader with high reputation and it should be absolutley fine. If you're really stuck I might be able to help out.

I'll be home in a few hours, add me to steam (same username as here, cat for an avatar).

Will check forums. Have added you as well mate, thank you.

Ashtar

I did it... I purchased this game. GAF hype wins every single time.

I can't lie this game has been my most wished for PC game in awhile I remember watching a video on Joystiq where there was a puddle of water on the battlefield and they either froze it or electrified it and I was sold!

Zukuu

Banned
Just came home, gonna eat quickly and start playing right away. I have tomorrow off. What a surprise to see it released already. <3 Even KS backer won't need to reenter any key or download anything again if they put Steam as the platform for their final version of the game. Awesome!

Kimaka

Why is this still on sale? I'm so close to buying this but I want to finish Divinity II first. This hype is getting to me.

RK9039

So you still have to edit the config file for full 360 camera rotation. I recommend people do this, it makes things a lot more clearer.

ed: OMG the rats have voices too!

Peff

Quick saving and loading are not particularly quick :p The mini-map seems to vanish when doing so, I can't recall if it happened in the beta. Otherwise great so far, though. The voice-acting is surprisingly solid. Can't wait to dig in!

Xander51

Pleasantly surprised to see this is now updated and ready to go! I can't wait. I also bought Dragon Commander last night as that's the one Divinity title I didn't yet own.

MayMay

Banned
So you still have to edit the config file for full 360 camera rotation. I recommend people do this, it makes things a lot more clearer.

ed: OMG the rats have voices too!

Actually, isnt there an option in the menu that enables that? At least thats what I discovered yesterday. But it clearly states that its a setting for custom campaigns, since the main campaign was developed with a fixed camera in mind.

Top Bottom