• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Divinity: Original Sin |OT| Sandbox RPG. Co-Op friendly. Bread.

Sentenza

Actually, isnt there an option in the menu that enables that? At least thats what I discovered yesterday. But it clearly states that its a setting for custom campaigns, since the main campaign was developed with a fixed camera in mind.

If they said it, they lied, since in the beta the fixed camera annoyed me a LOT until I realized that there was an option to unlock it.

anteevy

Is the OST unlocked as well? If yes, where do I find it (yes, I have the CE)? I won't be able to play for the next few days, but I at least want that OST. :D

Mashing

Okay, so how do I get my digital download code (I pledged $25 way back win on KS)? I want to play it on Steam, but I don't have a early access code that I can find.

Edit: N/M, I had to link my Larian Vault account to my KS account and then I got the code.

Eusis

Is the OST unlocked as well? If yes, where do I find it (yes, I have the CE)? I won't be able to play for the next few days, but I at least want that OST. :D
I'm guessing that comes later. I activated the DLC into my account with news that Early Access = Final if you don't want GOG, but nothing shows up anywhere outside of being unable to rebuy the DLC.

slayn

needs to show more effort.
Will the gog.com release be available today/this week? I haven't been able to find any news on that.

Durante

I didn't, admittedly. Not much of an RTS guy outside of classic Blizzard/MGS stuff (Rise of Nations <3), but I'm reading it's just one of three phases? How much does it take up?
It depends on how much you want it to take up. There's an auto-resolve mechanism for the RTS battles, so if you are good at TBS you can probably skip most/all of them. Or you can spend most of your time in the RTS not actually playing the RTS part but rather killing things as a Dragon.

(I'd much rather play the game than write about Dragon Commander here, but no chance yet!)

This game may be goty for me already. I've been playing with a friend, and I know some of you won't like what I'm about to ask, but are there quest waypoints/markers in the game that I don't know of? My friend and I felt a bit aimless running through the 1st town without any quest guidance (besides reading the journal I mean) and I was wondering if that could be alleviated a bit in the future. :p (please don't kill me).

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
If they said it, they lied, since in the beta the fixed camera annoyed me a LOT until I realized that there was an option to unlock it.

Even in the Beta, rotating the camera would reveal bare walls in otherwise furnished rooms, or missing textures on the sides of buildings that were not meant to be seen. So I don't know where you're getting "they lied" about the game not being designed for a 360 degree camera from.

Can I drop books from my inventory after reading them? Do they serve any purpose?

Sell them. You might want to retain quest specific items though.

Durante

This game may be goty for me already. I've been playing with a friend, and I know some of you won't like what I'm about to ask, but are there quest waypoints/markers in the game that I don't know of? My friend and I felt a bit aimless running through the 1st town without any quest guidance (besides reading the journal I mean) and I was wondering if that could be alleviated a bit in the future. :p (please don't kill me).
Since you were so polite, let me be too.

Please die.

:p

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder

No markers, you need to actually listen to what people are saying to you and make extensive notes. I do believe you can make your own custom markers on the map though.

Shahadan

Anyone else experiencing laggy cinematics? It's like I'm watching a stream with a 56k. The intro with the text was especially bad. I also had this problem during Beta but didn't care since I thought it was a beta bug.

Wheeey, come home to the full version update, sweet. Perfect way to kick off the first full day of the summer holiday. No kids at school in the morning means I can stay up late and not worry about being a zombie in the morning, definitely be sitting down to the game later. I only ever had a peek or two at it while it was in alpha/beta too.

Shahadan, not had a look at the full version yet, but I don't believe I had this problem in the beta form with the intro.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
No markers, you need to actually listen to what people are saying to you and make extensive notes. I do believe you can make your own custom markers on the map though.

Yes.

You can also review past conversations if you forgot something or maybe missed details the first time.

Zakalwe

Banned
I hope you mean there is some in game notepad or something.

Why would that matter though? Notes are notes.

Some do have markers. Most don't.

The part where you have to find the
secret lab
is marked, for instance.

Sentenza

Even in the Beta, rotating the camera would reveal bare walls in otherwise furnished rooms, or missing textures on the sides of buildings that were not meant to be seen.
Uhm, that's not true at all. Not to mention how picking something on the hidden walls isn't the only reason that makes a necessity to be able to rotate the camera.
There are several parts of the game/battles that were driving me crazy when I was trying to point at something, until I learned I was able to unlock the camera.

Durante

Uhm, that's not true at all. Not to mention how picking something on the hidden walls isn't the only reason that makes a necessity to be able to rotate the camera.
There are several parts of the game/battles that were driving me crazy when I was trying to point at something, until I learned I was able to unlock the camera.
Wouldn't the tactical camera mode be best for that?

Peff

It depends on how much you want it to take up. There's an auto-resolve mechanism for the RTS battles, so if you are good at TBS you can probably skip most/all of them. Or you can spend most of your time in the RTS not actually playing the RTS part but rather killing things as a Dragon.

(I'd much rather play the game than write about Dragon Commander here, but no chance yet!)

Sounds good. Between this and other sale stuff it's probably not the best time to get it, but to the wishlist it goes!

And I've just realized how many of the games I've played this year so far are kickstarter projects, lol. Broken Age, Dragonfall, Broken Sword 5, Shovel Knight, this... Good times indeed.

Lulubop

No more male face options =/. Not sure what would compliment a Battle mage bedt. Leaning enchanter or Cleric, but I want more damage too.

kafiend

Anyone else experiencing laggy cinematics? It's like I'm watching a stream with a 56k. The intro with the text was especially bad. I also had this problem during Beta but didn't care since I thought it was a beta bug.

The scrolling text was awful here also.

Still, this game is fantastic I think I going to spend a lot of time just looking around at playing with stuff. So glad I held off playing for the last few months :)

Also, I laughed out loud when I first went into sneak mode.

Zukuu

Banned
So it seems I'm one of the unlucky persons where the kickstarter code doesn't work. Since you can only input it when you create a profile, does that mean I'll be missing the boni attached to it if I start playing now? =/ Bummer

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
My god are the barks annoying in this game! You can really tell they threw voice acting in at the last minute.

I'm having a conversation with the guy who opens the gate to the city, and there are about 3 different characters having audible conversations with each other, cutting each other off. And repeating the same phrase over and over and over. "I LIKE YOU BETTER WITH YOUR GUTS ON THE FLOOR!" "I LIKE YOU BETTER WITH YOUR GUTS ON THE FLOOR"

Absolutely maddening. I might have to wait for a patch to keep playing.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member

Uh, yes it was? I messed around in the game more than I tried to finish the quests. There were rooms that were heavily populated with items except for the walls that shouldn't have been seen. And certain buildings were missing the proper textures on the outside walls you were not supposed to see. Hitting 'b' to shift the perspective is designed to alleviate some of the sight line issues.

AAARGL my kickstarter backer code doesn't work yet.

What insidious torture this is.

Aren't you supposed to be at work?

Eusis

So it seems I'm one of the unlucky persons where the kickstarter code doesn't work. Since you can only input it when you create a profile, does that mean I'll be missing the boni attached to it if I start playing now? =/ Bummer
Yes, but if you start a new profile (MAY need to nuke the old one, but probably not) you can put in again.

But if you were that anxious to get an early taste you had the whole Alpha/Beta to do so.

I knew I shouldn't have bought this game lol. I hate loot management and all this other crap that isn't playing the game. I haven't a clue what I am supposed to do. What's the best way to go through the game just fighting people? I don't care about the quest lines and the other nonsense.

Hrothgar

AAARGL my kickstarter backer code doesn't work yet.

What insidious torture this is.

I know right, I don't want to start before I have my code!

I knew I shouldn't have bought this game lol. I hate loot management and all this other crap that isn't playing the game. I haven't a clue what I am supposed to do. What's the best way to go through the game just fighting people? I don't care about the quest lines and the other nonsense.

Worst post of the year!
:p

Decado

Does perception also affect the accuracy of wizard spells?

Would also like to know this (I don't think so). Also...does it effect critical hits for spells (if spells even have critical hits)?

I wonder if at some point it does more attribute points to increase an attribute that has a high score (+2 for every point over 10 or something)?

epmode

This might not be the game for you, friend.

Zukuu

Banned
Yes, but if you start a new profile (MAY need to nuke the old one, but probably not) you can put in again.

But if you were that anxious to get an early taste you had the whole Alpha/Beta to do so.

I'm that anxious to play BECAUSE I got an early taste in the beta >_<... bow it's here and I still can't play. D:

I'll take a nap now and watch Germany vs Algeria later, I dare them to have not unlocked them by then.

@above
Stay away from Hybrid characters.

cheststrongwell

my cake, fuck off
You done goofed.

Top Bottom