• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Divinity: Original Sin |OT| Sandbox RPG. Co-Op friendly. Bread.

epmode

And they're always the same class? I forget what they were, but could you spoiler their classes for me? I'd like my group to have variety and wouldn't want to double up on classes.

These companions are pretty much mandatory, correct? Otherwise the game is too hard?

To clarify, there are companions and there are henchmen. Companions are the same as henchmen except they're also written into the story. They have a lot of unique dialogue while henchmen have almost none.

There are currently only two companions in the game, a fighter and a mage. When you find them, they'll already be at level ~3 so they've already spent a bunch of their skill points but I believe you can still fully customize them as they level up.

Cheddahz

Banned
F3C32DA1B6FF07C7B254538AC5F0DADB98BCFBF5

"Solid Snake, get out of my role playing game!"

I also need a little help, how do you give orders to your other character? I'm in the first dungeon right now and
I'm at a door with two floor pads and I need my other character to stand on the other one

"Solid Snake, get out of my role playing game!"

I also need a little help, how do you give orders to your other character? I'm in the first dungeon right now and
I'm at a door with two floor pads and I need my other character to stand on the other one

Pull their portraits apart in the top left and you can give them separate commands :)

Yasae

Banned
With lucky charm: does it simply affect loot spawns as soon as the dungeon loads in or do you have to specifically use the character who has it to open loot containers?

matmanx1

If the companions are the same as they were in the beta then there was a melee/knight type in the
Inn
and a mage/wizard in the
mayor's house upstairs library
. Those two?

For roleplay reasons I rejected the melee. She seemed like a real nutter. The wizard seemed ok though.

You can either go 2, 3, 4 sized party.

Each character can take a skill called Lone Wolf that buffs their stats at the cost of not being able to hire a compation/henchman.

So how does that talent work considering you start with 2 characters? If one of the starting characters takes Lone Wolf, you can only "hire" one other companion? If both starting characters take Lone Wolf then no companions/henchmen?

Does Lone Wolf affect the ability to chain together?

Knowing my play style I think I'd lean towards Lone Wolf and only using the 2, but I know in the beta I was controlling 3 characters and having a hard time leaving the first town without dying a lot. All the mobs outside of town were of large size and level 4-5.

Started the download before leaving for work, look forward to starting when I get home. Not sure if I have it in me for a dense cRPG right now (just got done playing Arcanum and The Witcher), but we'll see if the game grabs me. If not I've got another one for my ever-growing backlog.

First time it costs +1 to level a skill.
Second +2.
Third +3.

You wont' see the +2 option until you actually have 2 points to invest.

Oh ok. How about skills that have some bonus +1 from a talent or something. Would it require +3 skill points to level the next time even though I haven't leveled it before, skipping the +2 upgrade?

Ceebs

They really nerfed the loot in chests since the last beta I played.

The voice acting does wonders for the game though.

Oh ok. How about skills that have some bonus +1 from a talent or something. Would it require +3 skill points to level the next time even though I haven't leveled it before, skipping the +2 upgrade?
No, it goes off your base modifier for that skill. Equipping armor and weapons however does use the +whatever from gear, conversation bonuses and talents in conjunction with the base.

The scrolling text was awful here also.

Still, this game is fantastic I think I going to spend a lot of time just looking around at playing with stuff. So glad I held off playing for the last few months :)

Also, I laughed out loud when I first went into sneak mode.

That's because the game is being loaded while the cutscene is playing, to save time. But since it's not helping much it'll be fixed in the upcoming patch.

So, I'm an impatient bastard and just bought the 8 dollar DLC even though my collector's edition is on the way, but how do I go about finding the DLC in-game? I just created two characters and I didn't start with it.

Also is anyone else's global chat not working? Just says I'm not connected to the global servers.

VandalD

At character creation, each preset class has a lore blurb. Does the class choice in the beginning effect the story in any way?
Doubt it. They'd have to make a lot of variations in story, and you can customize your class anyway. They're nice flavor though. Could be wrong.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Seems like they changed the way the teleportation works. In some beta build you could teleport enemies on top of other enemies, now you can't put something on an occupied spot.

Or am I doing something wrong?

Keasar

So this key thing, does this mean the second alpha key I got in the Kickstarter and gave to a friend will also turn into the full game?

Santiako

So, I'm an impatient bastard and just bought the 8 dollar DLC even though my collector's edition is on the way, but how do I go about finding the DLC in-game? I just created two characters and I didn't start with it.

Also is anyone else's global chat not working? Just says I'm not connected to the global servers.

One of my characters had the trunks and grail in the inventory, but I think they appeared there after the tutorial fight.

Mashing

What the skills/talents to take give you more dialog options? I like talking my way out of shit in RPGs.

I'm thinking of a smooth-talking fighter-type.

Sendero

Probably already answered, but since Original Sin is planned to be released on GoG today, does anyone know the price for it there?

The STEAM daily is about to expire in a 10 mins, so...

Zakalwe

Banned
So how does that talent work considering you start with 2 characters? If one of the starting characters takes Lone Wolf, you can only "hire" one other companion? If both starting characters take Lone Wolf then no companions/henchmen?

Yes

Does Lone Wolf affect the ability to chain together?

Your main characters can always chain.

Knowing my play style I think I'd lean towards Lone Wolf and only using the 2, but I know in the beta I was controlling 3 characters and having a hard time leaving the first town without dying a lot. All the mobs outside of town were of large size and level 4-5.

Those mobs were a bit too high for you, I htink you need to level up a litttle first. There are sections that have lower level mobs, to the North I think.

Geoff9920

Well, tested things out over my lunch break. Looks like my kickstarter backer code doesn't work yet. Hopefully, that's up and working by the time I get off work.

I love the UI so far; so much better than the iOS-ish UI in shadowrun.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
How can i confirm that the version i downloaded an hour ago from Steam is the final version and not the beta?

It should have voice acting and not have big red letters on the bottom of the screen saying something to the affect of "This is a Beta Version."

Zeliard

How can i confirm that the version i downloaded an hour ago from Steam is the final version and not the beta?

Full version is v1.0.36.0, which you can see on the main menu. The beta also reads something like "This is the beta version" in conspicuous red print right above your skills bar.

Danneee

So, I fell for the hype. And because this looks like a return to the great 90s style Ultima games.

But, is it possible to kill townspeople, stuff them in a box, put the box on a boat, steal the boat and leave the corpsebox on some desolate island like in U7?

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Probably already answered, but since Original Sin is planned to be released on GoG today, does anyone know the price for it there?

The STEAM daily is about to expire in a 10 mins, so...

Most likely commensurate to the steam prices, I suppose.

Those mobs were a bit too high for you, I htink you need to level up a litttle first. There are sections that have lower level mobs, to the North I think.

You mean the other group
of orcs on the beach? They are to the West.

Top Bottom