• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Divinity: Original Sin |OT| Sandbox RPG. Co-Op friendly. Bread.

Durante

is it released now? i got "its beta tooltip when starting
Do you have a fat red "this is a beta" overlay in both the main menu and in-game? If not, you have the release build.

(I think there's still a beta notice which can appear randomly on the loading screen)

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Got my game via STEAM, but just wondering why people prefer GOG, is it just simply an issue of DRM? I prefer steam as it tracks time played

Do you have a fat red "this is a beta" overlay in both the main menu and in-game? If not, you have the release build.

(I think there's still a beta notice which can appear randomly on the loading screen)

That's not supposed to happen. You should verify your game cache and restart steam if you still have those problems.

HoosTrax

There wouldn't happen to a "highlight" key that outlines lootables on the ground (like the ALT key used in Infinity Engine games), would there?

(probably not, but I figured I'd ask anyway)

Sendero

Got my game via STEAM, but just wondering why people prefer GOG, is it just simply an issue of DRM? I prefer steam as it tracks time played
In this case, I wanted to purchase it on GoG to both try the new Galaxy features (planned for this title) as well as to support the site, as an alternative to Steam.

All went to the drain =/

Edit:
The game has been released on Steam. :p
Thanks, just noticed it. Downloading it!

naib

I was so proud I wasn't going to buy any last minute sale stuff.. then I caved.
With about a minute to spare.

Oh well, the deed is done. Looking forward to firing this up tonight.

Monooboe

I'm so happy I decided to get this during the sale for 8 TF2 keys! I'm so bloody hyped. Started up the game just now and can already feel my summer spent in front of this.

Noaloha

There wouldn't happen to a "highlight" key that outlines lootables on the ground (like the ALT key used in Infinity Engine games), would there?

(probably not, but I figured I'd ask anyway)
Yeah, it's ALT. :p

That will only highlight 'loose' items on the ground however. It won't highlight desks or chests or graves etc. Perception increases the radius of what's shown by ALT I think.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Bahh today is taking too long, I still have 5 /12 hours before I'll be home. When are the reviews supposed to hit? I'm surprised we haven't seen any yet, was there an embargo?

Durante

Bahh today is taking too long, I still have 5 /12 hours before I'll be home. When are the reviews supposed to hit? I'm surprised we haven't seen any yet, was there an embargo?
There was some review from IGN Poland posted earlier. 9/10 I think.

Why isn't the game featured on Steam? WTF Gabe?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
safe to start it now? I got a 900meg patch (by safe I mean it wont delete the save)

Drazgul

Finally got this to play. Thanks liezryou!

Untitled.png

Laughed at that asdf message probably way more than I should have, thanks for that.

HoosTrax

Yeah, it's ALT. :p
Yeah, I felt a little stupid and did a facepalm when I realized that it's ALT in this game as well.

Random aside, but I bought this game solely based on recommendations without any expectations, although I did play the Divinity ARPGs. Pleasantly surprised to find that the game reminds me a lot more of something like Icewind Dale / Temple of Elemental Evil than Divine Divinity.

rtcn63

Hey gaiz, how does this run with integrated graphics. Core i5, HD3000, 720p-ish screen? Leaving to visit family tomorrow, and was wondering if I could run it on my laptop. Also, safe to play now right? Cause of saves.

Drazgul

Hey gaiz, how does this run with integrated graphics. Core i5, HD3000, 720p-ish screen? Leaving to visit family tomorrow, and was wondering if I could run it on my laptop. Also, safe to play now right? Cause of saves.

Safe to play now, that GPU might be below the recommended minimum but worth a shot anyway; doesn't seem like a very heavy game all in all.

Decado

First time it costs +1 to level a skill.
Second +2.
Third +3.

You wont' see the +2 option until you actually have 2 points to invest.
Is there any value to boosting the skills (spells man at arms etc.) to +2 in character creation? It seems like the only benefits are access to higher level spells that you can't get yet...

TGMIII

Seems like the game resets the position of your combat log and chat log after every quick save. Annoying but nothing game ruining.

I get so anxious about picking classes in these games. They all look so fun, but your stuck with two of them. I was thinking of going wizard and tank or something. I figure they are at the oppsoite ends of the spectrum

marrec

Banned
Eugh, I still have 3 hours before I can get home to play this.

And the dude who was going to Co-OP with me is AWOL. GAH

Top Bottom