• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Divinity: Original Sin |OT| Sandbox RPG. Co-Op friendly. Bread.

robin2

So: the only difference between single player and multiplayer is that in the latter someone can join my game and impersonate my second character for me (meaning that if no one joins it'll be totally like playing single player)?
Or will he 'replace' my second character with one of his?

Can I eventually turn a single player campaign into a multiplayer one and turn it back to single player?

Santiako

So: the only difference between single player and multiplayer is that in the latter someone can join my game and impersonate my second character for me (meaning that if no one joins it'll be totally like playing single player)?
Or he will 'replace' my second character with one of his?

Can I eventually turn a single player campaign into a multiplayer one and turni it back to single player?
Yeah, I think you can even leave it open for randoms to join you.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
i know nothing about the game, you always create 2 characters (instead of the usual 1)? i want to coop with a friend

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Or will he 'replace' my second character with one of his?

Can I eventually turn a single player campaign into a multiplayer one and turn it back to single player?

They take control of one of your characters, they don't bring in their own. You can start a new game in coop though and then they get to create 1 of the 2 characters.

Uthred

Am I missing something or is there no way to change your starting skills even if you change your abilities to something else?

The urge to play is really itching me. More excited for this than I was even an hour ago, inexplicably. Yet I feel if I don't play this game while it's new I might never get around to it.

If you want to play coop, you should have your friend join during character creation, so that he can create his own character.

If you're playing single-player do you just create your own companion then, ala Dragon's Dogma?

Totally impulse bought the CE 5 minutes befor Summer Sale ended so I could gift a copy to a buddy of mine.

I literally know nothing about it other than it is a turn based party RPG with coop. I hope I didn't make a mistake.

I loved the combat complexity of Dragon Age: Origins.

Zakalwe

Banned
Is there any value to boosting the skills (spells man at arms etc.) to +2 in character creation? It seems like the only benefits are access to higher level spells that you can't get yet...

I'm not actually sure.

To others: Does increasing the skill types (man at arms, for example) modify the strength of the skills themselves? Or just give access to new skills?

Zakalwe

Banned
Divinity: OS currently sitting pretty as the #1 best seller on Steam. :)

Really happy with the attention this is getting. Not only for future support of OS, but if they manage to hit this one out the park, imagine what their next game could be like...

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
There was some review from IGN Poland posted earlier. 9/10 I think.

Why isn't the game featured on Steam? WTF Gabe?

divinityfeaturedsjsq4.png

No idea what you're talking about.

Also, his name is Garry.

Ludovico

Hey gaiz, how does this run with integrated graphics. Core i5, HD3000, 720p-ish screen? Leaving to visit family tomorrow, and was wondering if I could run it on my laptop. Also, safe to play now right? Cause of saves.

Running my copy on a toaster right now
ASUS T100
. Text is extremely small, so I might mess with the resolution a bit, but I've made it to the starter area and so far everything seems fine...

Totally impulse bought the CE 5 minutes befor Summer Sale ended so I could gift a copy to a buddy of mine.

I literally know nothing about it other than it is a turn based party RPG with coop. I hope I didn't make a mistake.

Same here - I know the devs are held in high esteem by a few members here, and that this might have a chance of being their swan song if things didn't work out, so I figured I'd do my part and picked it up at the last minute.

Divinity: OS currently sitting pretty as the #1 best seller on Steam. :)

Woohoooo!!!

Teppic

Haven't made it far but I'm liking it. Some small things I like is that I can zoom in and out with the mouse wheel and that I can save in the middle of conversations.

Some complaints:
Font size is too small. Some text is almost unreadable to me. It's a pain to read.
I wish people around you would just shut up when I'm trying to read the text. People are also too talkative.

Soi-Fong

Haven't been able to open the game yet, but can you customize the look of your character? I'm going in completely new to this game. Have only watched like one combat video and that's it.

Vengal

If you have less than the base amount of a stat (4 instead of the 5) does anything happen? Not seeing anything mentioned but the stat number turns from green to red. In some CRPGS of the past it would prevent you from speaking or other things depending on the stat.

FtHTiny

Haven't been able to open the game yet, but can you customize the look of your character? I'm going in completely new to this game. Have only watched like one combat video and that's it.

Yes you can customize them. There aren´t too many options like in other games but there are quiet a few.

Decado

FYI: seems like intelligence has no impact on summoning. Tried a summon with 5 int and 11 int and they seemed the same. Same hp for sure. Is there a way to see stats on your summoned creatures?

The 1 ap reduction rumour for spells (every 5 int points) doesn't seem true, either. At least not for low level spells.

Anyone know what the point of bloodletting is? Seems pure damage over time but it is so weak you may as well use your staff. Doesn't seem to impact anything else (to hit etc.).

Zukuu

Banned
For people who played far enough in the beta: Who has the better story the warrior or mage companion? Or a short description with the gist of their characters.
Gonna install the editor first and try to tinker around and see if I can alter one of the companion to a archer so I can play my warrior / mage pair without worry.

Top Bottom