• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Divinity: Original Sin |OT| Sandbox RPG. Co-Op friendly. Bread.

Sothpaw

I love this game.

Combat is amazing and I love the banter between my two characters. It gives them live and personality and scratches that itch very few create-a-character games pull off.

Although my Graphics Card fan is rather loud when I play this game. I'm just using the games auto-preset which was set to Ultra so my PC should be able to handle it.

I mean not even fully modded Skyrim with ENB causes my GPU to make much noise.

I have a HD7950, I should be able to reasonably max this game out without issues.
I have a 7970 and had the same problem. Use vsynch ans set max frames to 60 and the problem should be fixed.

Gothos

What kind of an AI Personality did you guys pick? I'm not sure if I'm digging Loyal. It's a bit dull having the companion agreeing with you all the time.

Can the companion affect the outcome of a quest if it's Random and he/she manages to out-charm my character?

And what's the point of having it on No AI? I'm guessing you make the choices for him/her?

Read my post above :p Yes, when set to random he can influence the outcome of a quest if you lose a mini-game against him (rock, paper, scissor). I guess "No AI" is the best option when playing alone.

Mmm. Went Rogue with one of my mains to start thinking I'd side step into Ranger but now I am wondering if I should add some Man-at-Arms instead; Like the +25% damage skill, for example.

I think you misunderstood what type of game this is.

Divinity: Original Sin is a singleplayer (or 2 player co-op) 'oldschool' (although very modern in many ways!) RPG in the vein of Baldur's Gate or Fallout. There is no "end game" in the way MMO's or Diablo have, where you grind for better gear, pvp and such, never ending. You finish the story, you are done. Sure, there is lots of replay value, different choices to make, different character builds, do sidequests you missed etcc but ultimately you will go through the story and thats it.

Sounds good to me brother. Thanks!

erragal

That forced co-op is already pissing me off. With the AI set to random the other character can meddle in quest which can result in unwanted results (he wanted to sell the shell at the start, I didn't, he won, I felt pissed...) and when I set it to loyal he's just brainless zombie-pet zombie with stupid comments in dialogs. Why Larian, why you pushed this co-op down our throat... *sigh*

It's not forced co-op at all. If it's on loyal he acts exactly like an ai non participant and does not change your results at all.

What you seem to want is the ability to manually control both characters responses to all dialogue then still have a random chance of one particular one working?

Remember that as the game goes along and the duo develop a relationship they can become more or less cooperative with each other. It depends on how their traits develop.

I'm not sure how co-op has anything to do with your complaints either. Also strange that you'd be upset he had a different opinion than -and- be mad he did exactlt what you want.

What I will say is they designed the game so that the two protagonists have equal authority. In a co op game that can lead to very trolly moments by design...it's part of the emergent narrative feel they built into the game. It's also why you can kill everyone and still complete the game....albeit in a different path than otherwise.

Guess a word to the inexperienced : You can and will lock yourself out of quests and content in this game. It's part of the design. You will fail at things you thought you were succeeding because an npc tricked you and lied to you. The game is cruel. The game is great.

Game is gorgeous, have a steady 60 at 2880 and ultra settings(vsync stopped being weird!) and I'm constantly impressed by the textures and lighting, especially indoors.

syko de4d

I have it setup like that :(

I'll try again from scratch in a bit though.

i think the editor works fine now after i launched the TheDivinityEngine.exe as an Administrator.

I could make my first terrain an can walk around in it.

edit: still errors for alot of stuff but i could create a terrain and a Guy i control <.<

Levyne

Banned
Guess a word to the inexperienced : You can and will lock yourself out of quests and content in this game. It's part of the design. You will fail at things you thought you were succeeding because an npc tricked you and lied to you. The game is cruel. The game is great.

5 years ago, younger me would have hated this. Now I love it.

lIS.png

Wow. That's a gorgeous shot. Man, I really need to get a proper PC.

I wish the local co op meant actually local and not fucking LAN support.still salty about that

I'm debating playing when I get home or waiting until it goes on sale again and buying my wife a copy then

Can't decide to play it now or wait for co op with her

Aeana

Before the first battle, holding alt showed the names of clickable stuff on the screen. Afterward, pressing it doesn't seem to do anything anymore. :\

Durante

Game is gorgeous, have a steady 60 at 2880 and ultra settings(vsync stopped being weird!) and I'm constantly impressed by the textures and lighting, especially indoors.
Yeah, I forgot to mention this in all my gushing about the gameplay, but it also looks great, especially now that I've seen a bit more variety in terms of environments.

Really need to find a way to take hudless screenshots.

Before the first battle, holding alt showed the names of clickable stuff on the screen. Afterward, pressing it doesn't seem to do anything anymore. :\
As far as I can tell, alt shows all the items lying on the ground, but not containers (e.g. chests, vases, barrels etc.).

Ceebs

Oh man! That was amazing.

Possible super minor secret thing of no real importance in the town:
Behind the hospital like building there is a grave you can dig up. The result is fantastic.

Fugu

Liking what little bit I played of the game so far. Decided to turn the co-op AI off, might try to sub in a person.

Burt

Backer item?

Also, spoilered for people that don't want to be tempted to break item balance and somehow haven't figured this out...
chests change their loot up on every load, so if you were to say, hypothetically, run into a certain chest that's one of a set, happens to talk, and is pretty certain to have some good stuff, well... cheese is possible.

How do I ask this.

Does the storyline in this game support several different archetypes to see the campaign through to the end? For example, if I wanted to play as a sticky-fingered thief would it make any sense for me to want to pursue the main quest?

Back item?

Also, spoilered for people that don't want to be tempted and somehow haven't figured this out...
chests change their loot up on every load, so if you were to say, hypothetically, run into a certain chest that's one of a set, happens to talk, and is pretty certain to have some good stuff, well... cheese is possible.
Shit, why did I read that. I won't be able to resist.

Aeana

As far as I can tell, alt shows all the items lying on the ground, but not containers (e.g. chests, vases, barrels etc.).

Oh. That would explain it then. But that's kinda lame too!

Also, I just noticed that I didn't put the game on my SSD, so I fixed that, and the stuttering in the movies disappeared, so that's nice. Plus everything loads so much faster (duh).

TGMIII

Are ingredients something that should be horded or are they in enough of a quantity throughout the world that you can pick them up when needed.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Witch and Cleric ladies for me

I got a quest from
a cat
. Sucks for you peeps that cant
talk to animals

Salsa

Also, I just noticed that I didn't put the game on my SSD, so I fixed that, and the stuttering in the movies disappeared, so that's nice. Plus everything loads so much faster (duh).

good to know, I almost cancelled the DL cause I figured it wouldnt benefit much

I need to take Titanfall out of there. 50 gigs :(

Top Bottom