• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Divinity: Original Sin |OT| Sandbox RPG. Co-Op friendly. Bread.

Lucifon

Loving the game so far in my first hour but I'm not a huge fan of the music at all, in fact much of it so far has been downright bad making me tempted to mute it a few times. There's been 1 or 2 good tracks so far, hoping it improves.

Is there an easy way to weapon swap? Currently got a ranger but I fancy going ranger/rogue.

That forced co-op is already pissing me off. With the AI set to random the other character can meddle in quest which can result in unwanted results (he wanted to sell the shell at the start, I didn't, he won, I felt pissed...) and when I set it to loyal he's just brainless zombie-pet zombie with stupid comments in dialogs. Why Larian, why you pushed this co-op down our throat... *sigh*

What kind of an AI Personality did you guys pick? I'm not sure if I'm digging Loyal. It's a bit dull having the companion agreeing with you all the time.

Can the companion affect the outcome of a quest if it's Random and he/she manages to out-charm my character?

And what's the point of having it on No AI? I'm guessing you make the choices for him/her?

Just an FYI Larian should be patching in more specific AI's soon. Right now all they have is random and loyal (i.e. companion agrees with everything) but supposedly there will be more variety to choose from. I don't think I have seen exactly what the new ones actually are but it should make playing solo more enjoyable imo.

Ran into a host of bugs in coop ending with this...

coop_by_intheflorsh-d7onjgs.png

I think SP might be the ideal way to play unfortunately. Dialogue is hard to pay attention to if you don't initiate it and it can take ages to catch up to your partner if you split up.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Ran into a host of bugs in coop ending with this...

I think SP might be the ideal way to play unfortunately. Dialogue is hard to pay attention to if you don't initiate it and it can take ages to catch up to your partner if you split up.

yup I agree, I played a little coop and quickly decided "yeeeeeah no I ned to play this alone"

Levyne

Banned
Which merchants are you selling all your gold stuff too? Seems like many of them have no gold at all.

A lot of the merchants in the main city square have a fair amount of gold. Or you can trade with the enchanter merchant for spells and stuff. I grabbed teleportation from her :)

Decado

Gonna say i don't see any reason not to put a point in each of the spell schools if u have the int. low level spells seem useful and the skills have no impact on effectiveness..,

Ashtar

Playing on a MacBook Pro with minimum requirements game was running fun but then when I booted it up again and went to the beach I've been getting alot of slow any experience something similar?

NIN90

Is it not possible to tie my Kickstarter backer code to my existing profile? I dismissed the initial message while creating my profile since I thought I could do it later.

Agauos

Neo Member
Can somebody expand on the different
caster classes
available. I want to go with two
casters (to cover all/or most of the elements)

Durante

I think SP might be the ideal way to play unfortunately.
I couldn't disagree more :p
If you do an important dialogue, just tell the other player about it.

Of course, I don't think it's suitable for random/casual co-op. But if you've played around 3000 hours of coop together it's fantastic ;)

Is it not possible to tie my Kickstarter backer code to my existing profile? I dismissed the initial message while creating my profile since I thought I could do it later.
The initial message telling you that you can only do it when creating a profile? Well, that sucks.

dcassell

Banned
Chose this over a second purchase of Dark Souls 2, and I'm not disappointed so far. I just played through Planescape: Torment, and while the writing here isn't quite as strong, the combat engine is fantastic. My 750ti is running it very well, with a constant 60 at ultra. Vsync causes it to drop to 30-ish though. Usually I keep that off though. Awesome game so far. Can't wait to really dig in tonight

Uthred

"Join the spud club if youve got an eye for fine potatoes!" may be the best random line of NPC dialogue Ive heard so far

Can you change your companions builds? Started with a caster and knight but might restart as Im not sure I want to double up on both

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
how soon do you start finding books to learn new spells?

Not sure if its a bug or not but all the npcs with environmental dialogue seem to repeat it endlessly without pause. Heard about the lizard Councillor's wife 10 times while trying to fish.

JambiBum

How do you craft arrow shafts? I know how to make branches and such but I can't figure out what tool I need to use to make the shafts. Crafting is level 3 btw

Edit: Nevermind figured it out :D

TGMIII

Not sure if its a bug or not but all the npcs with environmental dialogue seem to repeat it endlessly without pause. Heard about the lizard Councillor's wife 10 times while trying to fish.

Not a bug, they just cycle dialogue constantly. It's pretty annoying so I'm hoping they make a quick change to prevent the same dialogue from happening within a short amount of time.

HoosTrax

Hmm, I'm doing some exploring and I'm somewhere where I can see a hidden room with a chest, but there's a big bookcase blocking the doorway into the room. I have no idea what to do. The bookcase is immovable and unattackable :|

Cooperative dialog when you're playing by yourself seems a bit mental.
Ha, so I'm not the only one who thought it was ridiculous to be roleplaying with myself. I found the option in the settings menu that lets you skip those.

Rhaknar

Hmm, I'm doing some exploring and I'm somewhere where I can see a hidden room with a chest, but there's a big bookcase blocking the doorway into the room. I have no idea what to do. The bookcase is immovable and unattackable :|

that sounds like a chest in the first main town in the harbor, behind a rope that you cant attack or interact with... whut?

Levyne

Banned
that sounds like a chest in the first main town in the harbor, behind a rope that you cant attack or interact with... whut?

If any of your characters uses air spells, there's one that allows you to teleport items. One of the market stalls sells some spells and that was one of them, at least for me.

Rhaknar

If any of your characters uses air spells, there's one that allows you to teleport items. One of the market stalls sells some spells and that was one of them, at least for me.

I see. I want actual spells tho, not these fucking scrolls :/

Eusis

Cooperative dialog when you're playing by yourself seems a bit mental.
This is kind of the fascinating angle that makes me want to do it, but maybe it'd grow tiresome or redundant in the end.

Could be great for questioning my own choices though!

EDIT: And I wonder when the Source Hunter DLC will fully unlock. I'd like to get the soundtrack, thanks (and just know that it's THERE.)

Haha this game has some intense animations for abilities. One of my characters had Tactical Retreat which I figured would just be a normal jump, instead they fly up into the air and come crashing down like a super saiyan.

Shtpfrk

Neo Member
Hmm, I'm doing some exploring and I'm somewhere where I can see a hidden room with a chest, but there's a big bookcase blocking the doorway into the room. I have no idea what to do. The bookcase is immovable and unattackable

Meat on the right

Damn the crashes. Taking stuff out of the bartering screen nearly always crashes my game as does alt/tabbing out. Looks like I'll be saving pretty often. A few patches are definately needed soon. Changing armour that returns skin colour to default whilst the face remains a different colour should have been fixed.
Hard to like this game so far.

Top Bottom