• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Divinity: Original Sin |OT| Sandbox RPG. Co-Op friendly. Bread.

Is there a good way to mix Scoundral and Man-at-Arms? Seems like you could make a fun Rogue build that way but I don't think I wanna dump that many points of STR into it.

God I am awful at this game, just walked out the open gate in the town and got killed in the first fight. My rogue seems so useless, get a backstab that does barely any damage then get 2 shot by enemy

From the sound of it this game is still in an advanced stage of early access, despite being the "final release"? What with the soon to be patched partner AI and companions. Maybe I'll just start when the game's done and hold off for now.

pix

Stuck on the murder quest looking for some assistance.

Ok how do you get to Evelynns Secret Lair on the northwest beach in the Murder Mystery storyline? I don't see any path and I have gone everywhere in that region. :(

I had asked this in the beta thread, but since I'm still confused about it I'll ask it here as well.

My confusion stems from the fact that you play this game with multiple characters - characters with different attributes and talents. How much of the game is determined by which character you're currently controlling? For example, one of my characters has Lucky Charm ability, and one does not. Will I only find "lucky finds" if that specific character opens the chest? Or what about Perception? Will my Perception benefits of one character only occur if I'm actively controlling them?

Common sense would tell me that my character with a high Charisma would get better prices from a vendor if they were the one talking and doing the selling - but I'm not even sure that is true. Easily testable I suppose.

But there are examples like this that open a can of worms so to speak - one which could potentially lead me to constantly swapping the active character to do even menial tasks.

Also, do benefits and Abilities stack? Is there any reason whatsoever for more than one character to have the Lucky Charm ability?

You're proving his point for singling out Bioware. There IS a relationship system in OS, but it isn't tawdry enough so you aren't interested.

Uhhh, wut now? I have never played a Bioware game to begin with so I'm not sure how I'm singling them out. If anything I'm pointing at the JRPGs that I have played with the system ...

I'm just trying to find out whats in the game as I have no clue how their "relationship" system works and I take it people here have a better grasp on it. And from what people are saying there's either "no romance" or "Non-Bioware romance ...?" and I have nothing to reference for that cause I have never played their games.

Like i said, it's not a deal breaker so IDK how I'm the enemy here for asking about it :/

UncleBiz

Stuck on the murder quest looking for some assistance.

Ok how do you get to Evelynns Secret Lair on the northwest beach in the Murder Mystery storyline? I don't see any path and I have gone everywhere in that region. :(

Same with me :( I'm really bad at this game

NIN90

God how big is this town? I spent like 4 hours exploring and I'm still not done. I'm loving it, though.
I mean, it's not that big but it's very dense.

So what is everyone using for their companion conversations? AI (loyal/random), no AI, or disabled all together in options?

Or co-op yeah, should have mentioned that.

Durante

God how big is this town? I spent like 4 hours exploring and I'm still not done. I'm loving it, though.
I mean, it's not that big but it's very dense.
There's certainly a lot of stuff to explore and do there. Especially if you're mental like us and want to look into every single container and steal everything which isn't nailed down.

So what is everyone using for their companion conversations? AI (loyal/random), no AI, or disabled all together in options?
Coop :p

epmode

Anyone notice that some textures go to a lower resolution version when the camera is pulled back? Even when your textures settings are as high as it goes? Some of those rocks in the starting area look terrible until you zoom in a bit and it's a little distracting!

HoosTrax

There's certainly a lot of stuff to explore and do there. Especially if you're mental like us and want to look into every single container and steal everything which isn't nailed down :p
Games like this and Bethesda games, where every container has a chance of containing minor sundries is the bane of OCD people like me.

NIN90

There's certainly a lot of stuff to explore and do there. Especially if you're mental like us and want to look into every single container and steal everything which isn't nailed down.

Are there any stat repercussions to stealing? Except for getting caught while stealing, of course.

Noaloha

Just a suggestion: the murder mystery quest is quite a long chain of events; if you're posting spoilered questions/observations about it, it might be a good idea to add a label outside the spoiler tags if your post actually mentions the culprit's name.

elyetis

I got to a secret place early in the city,
hidden in one of the cemetery tomb
and.... traps, traps everywhere, then more traps, so many death.

Game is really fun, coop can be a little tough when it come to dialogue ( even more so when your friend doesn't really pay attention... ). Pace is a little hard on my coop partner, many many many dialogue with very few intensive to fight ( which is why knowing about that secret place from a video, I made us go there to get a little change of pace ).

Anyone else finding the mouse wheel scrolling sensitivity to be super low? Is there any way to fix it? For example, on the video settings page it takes a dozen flicks of the mouse wheel to scroll to the bottom. The control settings page is far worse, every use of the wheel literally scrolls the page by a couple millimeters - it would take around 80 scrolls to get to the bottom of the page.

RulkezX

Is Cyseal the only City or does the game open up ?

Enjoying it so far but the UI and controls could do with being a little tighter.

Chaos17

I hope thatI will find some books during the games because they're so overpriced.
And why in the world there is no crafting tutorials ?...

Zakalwe

Banned
Games like this and Bethesda games, where every container has a chance of containing minor sundries is the bane of OCD people like me.

Lucky find certainly doesn't help my container opening OCD, either.

I hope thatI will find some books during the games because they're so overpriced.

Steal things. You'll have plenty of money soon.

And I think the lack of explicit tutorials is to get you to explore and experiment. This is a sandbox rpg, you're supposed to root around in it. It's amazing, the discovery is a huge part of the fun.

TGMIII

Do points in two-handed weapons effect the damage for spells or is it just direct damage from the staff itself. I think I made a mistake with my mage.

Zakalwe

Banned
'OH NO I OPENED THE CHEST WITH THE CHARACTER WITHOUT LUCKY FIND' is something i think waaaay too much while playing the game.

Right. Thankfully My ocd acts as a benefit here and I make sure to use my lucky finder (ranger, sneak) as my main explorer and my skull splitter (knight, valiant) as my aggro grabber, so I don't ever have to deal with that.

Thank god.

Because it's bad enough opening and stealing everything I see... If I had to worry about who I was using to do it too...

HoosTrax

Annnd, I'm now restarting for the third time because I just realized that you can fully customize your characters' starting skills and attributes, and not have to made do with some useless skills.

At least I haven't sunk to my Baldur's Gate 1 lows, where I restarted at Candlekeep for two weeks until I was finally satisfied with my character.

Ceebs

There are sorta crafting tutorials. I forget the exact name, but one of the book series tells you what to do in a way.

Also ventured out to the west and have been having some brutal fights. Skeletal Archers are a nightmare in groups.

Vlodril

played about 4 hours today coop with a friend. definitely delivers. hell we havent explored half the town yet. what was stiking to me was you generally do not get so much time passing without combat in aaa games and its something we really enjoyed.

Any ideas where can i find the soundtrack on the steam client?

epmode

My Kickstarter backer code was accepted but none of my characters have any of the reward items and I can't find the soundtrack anywhere. Please don't make me restart, Larian!

edit: I just checked the official forum and it looks like Kickstarter backers were supposed to get that stuff via the Source Hunter DLC which should have been automatically applied to your game. It didn't work for everyone (anyone?) so they're going to try to fix it tomorrow.

Kvik

Dude, the UI is the tightest thing about the game.

It's glorious.

So good. It really shines since it really was built for PC, and PC only. The iconography used in the game is also very unique and interesting. The only recent game I noticed to have used such extensive iconography was Destiny (If anyone here has played the Alpha)

Even Blizzard with their army of designers has fallen into the trap of reusing icon assets (If you have played RoS, you'll see that they've reused a good portion of passive skill icons for Crusader's spell/talent icons).

I think Larian created >=1500 unique icons (based on a icon sheet posted on their twitter account) for this game.

It's kind of annoying the dialogue options reset every time you click on an NPC.

And Pet Pal is amazing and I can't imagine playing the game without it.

Conezays

Annnd, I'm now restarting for the third time because I just realized that you can fully customize your characters' starting skills and attributes, and not have to made do with some useless skills.

At least I haven't sunk to my Baldur's Gate 1 lows, where I restarted at Candlekeep for two weeks until I was finally satisfied with my character.

Why would you torture yourself so?

Still, *fist bump*

WarMacheen

So, what's the consensus on this game, worth the price? Saw it today on Steam and never really paid much attention before. Just read that it is turn based combat....eh

delirium

Is there a better way to read the dialog that your co-op partner is choosing? The journal does an OK job and the normal window just sucks.

Moff

soo, I caught up with almost anything I did in the bete and added a few hours.
gotta say, the town is the best part of the game, I hope there will be more towns than the first one.

out in the wild is ok, but pretty much standard RPG, good, but not that special, but gameplay in the town is amazing, so much stuff to do and manipulate.

one question though about an early side quest,
I found the book of the dead for the philisopher ghost, but its blank? is that a bug or am I missing something? I am supposed to take a quiz about the content of the book. did that work for anyone and the book was displayed properly?

Top Bottom