• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Divinity: Original Sin |OT| Sandbox RPG. Co-Op friendly. Bread.

Ezra2680

Played a bit around, but everything I went a little too far I couldn't get out of the feeling I was playing an "incomplete" product because of the stuff that will patched later. I will put it on-hold until they patch the 2 NPCs and the personalities in.

Random comments:

- Teleporting magic seems cool
- IU is excellent
- Casket/etc are OCD worst nightmare lol I'll need to learn to ignore most of them, or now way I'll progress ever in this game
- Battle System is quite fun
- There is random shit like the ability to talk to animals which is always fun
- Merchants voices are super-annoying, can't believe it got past the beta <_<
- Probably my biggest pet-peeve, writing and setting are kinda generic so far, wasn't really impressed

It got through because voices were not in the beta as far as I know.

Zeliard

i just started this game an already im getting pretty confused about most of the stuff in the tutorial dungeon. i cannot figure out how to place items in certain places. Im at the two switches near a stone door and cant figure out how to keep it open. not used to games like this at all.

drag a heavy enough item on top of the switches, like one of those large pots

Noaloha

i just started this game an already im getting pretty confused about most of the stuff in the tutorial dungeon. i cannot figure out how to place items in certain places. Im at the two switches near a stone door and cant figure out how to keep it open. not used to games like this at all.

Drag and drop. PC game!

Klyka

Banned

put your cursor on the item you want to move.
click and hold left click.
now when you move your muse around, an outline of the item you have your cursor on will appear.
if the outline is red you can't move it there. if it is white you can let go of the button and your selected chracter will walk over and throw the item to the desginated position.
you can't throw items super far,so if you want to move them a long way, you might have to throw them multiple times or you drag them into your inventory and then drag them out of it.

FtHTiny

Guys, I just found the strongest weapon I have seen yet in the grave in front of the healer's house in Cyseal. It made every fight so far almost trivial.

Go dig it up!

It was the first thing i did on accient when i entered the town. It also learned me that i schould save often in this game...

Burt

I knew it wouldn't end with Cyseal, it's just overwhelming once you finally hit that next one and look back at how much time you spent in the first :). Game is massive.

Zukuu

Banned
The one crossbow I've found used 7(!) AP per shot. So I guess that's their down side?^^

I have to say, I like Ranger more than I'd think I would. The additional arrows are own skills without taking up any slots. Unlimited normal arrows on top and a few awesome skills make it pretty great so far. I'm just at 8 dex (2 from gear) on Jahan and only have 1 point in bows and ranger so far. It's neat that he can still use his magic unhindered (mostly using Rain, Heal and sometimes chill to wet targets).

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
I only had one crash in 8 hours, and that was when a huge trap went off with lots of explosions. The final trap.

I just had to redo a long fight because I couldn't resurrect my party leader because he wasn't visible. Lots of LOS issues at that spot which I already noticed during the fight but having to redo a 20 minute fight which I aced is annoying.

Gaz_RB

I'd say that it is a very effective weapon. It gets the job done.

Also, note to self and completely unrelated to what we're talking about, I need to save more often.

erragal

People playing it online with a friend, is it a good co-op experience, at least its fun and works well?

My friend and I love it so far. The biggest potential pitfalls are how dialogue is handled. Both players are independent actors so dialogue choices only appear for the initiator. Most npc text (not animals) appears in the combat log. I tend to read my responses out loud and often many npc lines (in unique voices!). He also gets to do lots of thieving while I'm chatting.

Another option someone mentioned is players can do separate things then report back though that can risk losing a cooperative dialogue chance. Those are very fun and a really strong rp immersion element.

I feel the biggest factor is how close friends you are. Played purely cooperatively it's already one of the best experiences ever. Most coop games try to force the tempo heavily and skimp the rp elements.

aravuus

Protip: if your CPU is running hot and the cooler fan keeps waking up your parents, just pour a cup of cold water on the CPU!

Aeana

I was going to suggest typing C:\con\con into the run prompt in Windows but they fixed that in Win2k+. I'm out of kewl hax to fix ur pc.

Uthred

What way are people building their Rogues? There doesnt seem to be much in the way of "progression" for them, feels like I'll be turning him into a jack of all trades

Haroon

Should I play this game first before I adventure into the world of Baldur's Gate? Will it help me understand the mechanics (I have heard that the mechanics of the game is not your usual RPG stuff) that are involved in Baldur's Gate?

hemtae

Should I play this game first before I adventure into the world of Baldur's Gate? Will it help me understand the mechanics (I have heard that the mechanics of the game is not your usual RPG stuff) that are involved in Baldur's Gate?

This won't really do much to help. Baldurs gate is AD&D ruleset with a real-time with pause system and this is Larian's own ruleset with a turn based system.

Adnor

Banned

Mechanic wise Baldur's Gate and D:OS are completly different.

zeox

soooo.... I installed the editor last night and messed around with it. Booted up the game today and it can't load my save because the level can't be found :S. I have to download the game again now it seems :(

Ceebs

Okay so the two trap doors that lead to pillars with elements on them...Someone help me out here

I somehow did something to spawn a guy in the southern one and got a square pendant that I put on a pedestal underground. Guessing I need to repeat the process on the northern one (aka the one with the fire elemental things guarding) but have zero clue what I did.

Sentenza

Best post about the game on the Codex:

jKRGua6BRTCR9.png

Gattsu25

Banned
I noticed that this makes my CPU and GPU run much cooler and quieter.

I hear that pressing WindowsKey+R followed by typing in "shutdown /r /t 0" and then pressing Enter really improves the visual quality dramatically. The HBAO effect added is fantastic.

Top Bottom