• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Divinity: Original Sin |OT| Sandbox RPG. Co-Op friendly. Bread.

Jag

So i dug up that grave near the healer's house.

Yeah. Great weapon....

You fuckers.

I initially said that I wasn't going to dig up that grave figuring I could go back and do it later. Now it won't let me (and I've saved), can someone let me know what I missed?

Santiako

I initially said that I wasn't going to dig up that grave figuring I could go back and do it later. Now it won't let me (and I've saved), can someone let me know what I missed?

Tons of explosives that blow you directly to heaven.

Joey Ravn

Banned
Could any of you guys who have played this game for some time now tell me how important is balance later on? I've been trying some different combinations of characters just at the beginning and I'm still having a hard time deciding what I should roll with.

I've tried a Cleric and a Ranger, but I don't know if there will be too much overlapping between my Cleric and one of the companions you get later on. For my first playthrough, I'd like to stick to single-class characters, so I've been toying with the idea of making a Rogue to complement my Ranger, so I have one character of each major archetype. How well do they hold up later on? Do I have to use Stealth all the time, or are they able to rely on backstabbing once the fight has started?

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Also! Sneak mode disguises are not always the same. (They might be environmentally-chosen?)

But they're all ridiculous.

It looks like in the beginning area, the character does the usual cartoon routine of disguising as a moving bush. Pretty funny

Azulsky

So when i start the game through steam it keeps forcing itself minimized.. I hear the startup music but i can never maximize the game

Brainsaw

Neo Member
So after fiddling around with a ranger+knight yesterday, I decided I needed some magic so reroller mage+knight. After picking up Teleportation, I have to recommend it to fellow spellcasters. Sure, the cooldown sucks bigtime, but it's just so funny & rewarding to teleport enemies in hazards or "on top" of each other (they deal dmg in a small aoe). Also, I abuse it to piss off strong melee mobs by teleporting them far away as soon as they managed to reach me :D

Speaking if which, it also works nicely with freezing spells. As a matter of fact, I just found out that you can actually freeze ppl that are wet with a single Biting Cold. I didn't realize this, because the tooltip only mentions doing that to chilled enemies. The downside seems to be that frozen enemies get a hefty dmg reduction though (my knight was doing less than half dmg), but at least it works great for CC.

Im having an issue where all of the voices are extremely loud and sound like they have a ton of reverb on them. I don't remember it being like this the first time I loaded the game up, but now they all sound like gods talking to me. I have voices turned way low too.

Gothos

Mother of god, this game is so good. It's Larian's "opus vitae" and it will be a classic in the genre mentioned alongside Baldur's Gate 2, Morrowind and Torment. Amazing, simply amazing.

dream

This sounds really good, and Gothos's testimony above may have sold me on it. I hope GMG sells it soon.

epmode

Im having an issue where all of the voices are extremely loud and sound like they have a ton of reverb on them. I don't remember it being like this the first time I loaded the game up, but now they all sound like gods talking to me. I have voices turned way low too.

I noticed something similar after I turned voices off. Seems like the reverb might be considered to be a sound effect or ambient noise instead of a voice.

edit: I should clarify. After I turned voices down, I no longer heard them but I heard what sounded like reverb from the voice clips. Maybe I'm crazy. I'll play again to confirm.

edit edit: Confirmed. Voice reverb remains even when all channels are set to 0.

There's two issues which I think are glitches/bugs unless I'm missing something.

One, my character has a 7 perception, the "Hearing" stat on the character page reads 13, same as my character who has a 5 perception, but the tooltip says "Base 8, From Perception: +7" which is 15 not 13.

Two, my character has 3 points in Charisma but whenever the rock paper scissors thing pops up it says the charisma bonus is 0.

Are these known bugs/something wrong in my game/I'm reading things incorrectly?

jblank83

it will be a classic in the genre mentioned alongside Baldur's Gate 2, Morrowind and Torment.

I'll mention it alongside Ultima, Ultima Underworld, System Shock, Wizardry, Dungeon Master, Eye of the Beholder, Fallout, Dragon Quest, Final Fantasy, Baldur's Gate, and many more... ;)

Good game, really like how it doesn't hold your hand. You're given really minimal direction and the freedom feels good.

I like how the outskirts in the start kick your ass.. and there's no shortage of things that will utterly fuck your shit up. F5 is your best friend.

I don't know - to an extent maybe. Right now my group just turned level 3, and I'd like to get out and start doing some of these quests, but every time I try to leave town I encounter large groups of level 5 mobs. I mean, these fights aren't even close. The biggest problem is how often my characters *miss*. I don't think food is going to even help, and I have no idea how to level up any more in town.

I appreciate the "hardcore"ness of it, but at the same time it feels restricting, like I'm being forced into a certain playstyle in order to break through this "puzzle", which, to me, goes against the RP aspect.

F5 save-scumming to try and figure this out isn't fun either.

Durante

Mother of god, this game is so good. It's Larian's "opus vitae" and it will be a classic in the genre mentioned alongside Baldur's Gate 2, Morrowind and Torment. Amazing, simply amazing.
I think it should be mentioned alongside Ultima 7 more than that ;)

But really, it's its own thing.

Leezard

I don't know - to an extent maybe. Right now my group just turned level 3, and I'd like to get out and start doing some of these quests, but every time I try to leave town I encounter large groups of level 5 mobs. I mean, these fights aren't even close. The biggest problem is how often my characters *miss*. I don't think food is going to even help, and I have no idea how to level up any more in town.

I appreciate the "hardcore"ness of it, but at the same time it feels restricting, like I'm being forced into a certain playstyle in order to break through this "puzzle", which, to me, goes against the RP aspect.

F5 save-scumming to try and figure this out isn't fun either.

Try to go west instead.

pahamrick

How the heck do you get into Mayor Cecil's living quarters to get the second triangle? I've got the key but it doesn't unlock the door into the room, only to the living area.

Aeana

I'm usually not one to kill NPCs unless they attack me first, but
Eglandaer
really had it coming. Jail is too good for that guy. Not that I could've had him arrested, since I couldn't pickpocket the amulet off him regardless.

Santiako

Eglandaer
really had it coming. Jail is too good for that guy. Not that I could've had him arrested, since I couldn't pickpocket the amulet off him regardless.

Only npc I've murdered as well.

Sentenza

Eglandaer

Only npc I've murdered as well.

You guys just made me realize that I completed his quest (deceiving him into thinking I killed the lady Orc) and I didn't even bother checking if the talisman was any good.
Did I miss much?

Another question... Someone find a way, ANY way, to unlock the magically locked warehouse at the harbour without starting a civil war with the guards?
I realize they don't seem important, but I don't like killing NPCs unless it's really necessary.

Drazgul

Another question... Someone find a way, ANY way, to unlock the magically locked warehouse at the harbour without starting a civil war with the guards?
I realize they don't seem important, but I don't like killing NPCs unless it's really necessary.

The captain or whoever it was standing at the door might have a key, I didn't have enough skill in pickpocket yet to go through his pockets.

pahamrick

They run fine for me, even without clicking. Just holding the mouse button down and moving the cursor in a direction a bit away from the character makes them run all the time for me.

Dex815

Any news about the linux port release apart from that they are polishing the windows and mac versions first?

Has someone tried wine? I read in the forums one guy that used wine during the beta and had some issues.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
I'm stuck in the murder mystery-

I've dug up the grave. I've had the dog sniff the panties, I've found the knife and book and accused Esmeralda and she denied it. I don't know what to do. I think I'm supposed to talk to the mortician, when I first talked to him he got pissed at me then walked out of his shop. I can't find him anywhere

pahamrick

I've dug up the grave. I've had the dog sniff the panties, I've found the knife and book and accused Esmeralda and she denied it. I don't know what to do. I think I'm supposed to talk to the mortician, when I first talked to him he got pissed at me then walked out of his shop. I can't find him anywhere

Might want to check out the healer's house and talk to him.

HoosTrax

1) Talk to the doctor and Evelyn.

2) There's a third clue regarding Esmeralda (a love letter if I recall). Talk to her again after you find it, and you'll cause an event to trigger that furthers the plot.

Monooboe

This thing called life keeps interrupting me when I try to play this game.o_O Trying to plan things around so I get some time for this.:D

Top Bottom