• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Divinity: Original Sin |OT| Sandbox RPG. Co-Op friendly. Bread.

Ezra2680

My friend and I are trying to start up a multiplayer game, but can't figure out how to join each other during character creation. Isn't this supposed to be an option so that we can both design a character, or have I been misunderstanding this?

Edit: Now steam is letting me invite him. It was greyed out before, not sure what changed.

Welp.

I stuck myself 17 hours in. I sold a crucial main quest item.

Is there any way to get into Elevyn's lab without the spell?

Durante

My friend and I are trying to start up a multiplayer game, but can't figure out how to join each other during character creation. Isn't this supposed to be an option so that we can both design a character, or have I been misunderstanding this?
One of you creates the game (selecting "multiplayer" of course), and the other uses "join" to join it. That's all there is to it.

Just can't get into this game for some reason - on paper's it's exactly what I wanted it to be but I can't play for more than an hour without starting over, and the more I start over the less I want to play.

NIN90

How do I level my skills beyond level 1? My characters are still level 4 and can't raise any skills beyond level 1 yet my companions at the same level have skills at level 2.

Do I need to read some books or do I just need to level up first?

Chaos17

Edit: Now steam is letting me invite him. It was greyed out before, not sure what changed.

You create a party in multiplayer mode.
Then when you're at the character selection screen you friend push the join button and search in the list.

OR he ckick your name in his steam friend list and join game.

Durante

How do I level my skills beyond level 1? My characters are still level 4 and can't raise any skills beyond level 1 yet my companions at the same level have skills at level 2.

Do I need to read some books or do I just need to level up first?
Level N costs N skill points.

pahamrick

A bit hard when you can trade with literally anyone. I've been running around Cyseal for an hour and a half now.

Yeah, normally the actual vendors are the only ones with a lot of gold to sell though so it helps narrow it down. Don't forget to check the vendor on the second floor of the inn.

I did the same thing earlier when I accidentally sold the golden grail because it looks just like a regular gold cup.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, I had that key already. :)

Spoiler:
There is a way to open the inner door to the bedroom from the dining room. It may involve a second key located in the dining room. The latter part I don't remember as clearly.

I'm stuck in the murder mystery-

I've dug up the grave. I've had the dog sniff the panties, I've found the knife and book and accused Esmeralda and she denied it. I don't know what to do. I think I'm supposed to talk to the mortician, when I first talked to him he got pissed at me then walked out of his shop. I can't find him anywhere

Answer:
The panties is one of the articles of clothing from one of the four suspects. It is a process of elimination to solve the main quest, so you have to bring the dog articles of clothing from the other three suspects.

Answer 2:
The case against Esmerelda is a related but distinct quest. Examine the contents of the locked chest at Jake's murder scene.

Answer 3:
Either exhume Jake's corpse or read the mortician's journal in the mortuary to solve the quest.

carlsojo

My problem right now is I'm stuck in character creation hell that I inevitably end up in every RPG because I can't decide what I want to play as.

Alebeard

Neo Member
Pretty sad I cant just make a henchmen.
Some of these choices are just absolutely trash. Or should I just suck it up and use the two NPC companions.

Gaz_RB

My problem right now is I'm stuck in character creation hell that I inevitably end up in every RPG because I can't decide what I want to play as.

Play as a big black Battlemage named Ebony, accompanied by his small white Rouge friend, Ivory.

What this guy said:

You are going to play as two lesbian witches named Piper and Phoebe.

You're welcome.

Problem solved. Now get to the orc killing!

Sarcasm

Just invite via the steam chat window.

I don't think that's entirely your fault though. I feel like the game wants to pigeonhole your characters a certain way. Especially in regard to only-your-active-characters-abilites-count, so it encourages this sort of sadistic min-maxing in order to feel good about your group. It also discourages RP and building a group you envision in your mind. It makes no sense to have overlapping skills or abilities.

For example, one of my starting characters was a ranger who was pretty good at crafting and blacksmith. But then I picked up the Mage companion and now he too has those same skills. Well fuck. Those are wasted points and now I have nobody with Lore. Big deal? I don't know. Maybe. But shit like that just eats away at the OCD is us. And it doesn't help that this game is unforgiving as shit and makes it feel like every point counts.

Chaos17

Play the class you like because you can hire any class you need and you can invest point in any abilitie you want too.
Priest with lockpicking ? Yes, you can.
Priest with mages skills too, etc...
of course, you will need to test the game and see what you need.
Personally, i restarted the game because henchmen are expensive, I didn't have a lot of money because i didn't steal in the town.
So all you need is to steal and you will have enough money to hire any henchmen you want.

Salsa

ok yeah.. the stuttering is getting annoying. still mostly happens with camera movement

am I the only one getting it? some people seem to have the issue on the steam forums. It's definetly not performance/my specs

tried forcing different vsync to no avail

bumming me out!

cheststrongwell

my cake, fuck off
The repeated lines thing is driving me crazy, but this game looks like it will be a classic. I found a fishing pole. Is there fishing in this game or is it just a weapon?

Zukuu

Banned
Just had an 40 minutes battle against he mini-boss in
the block cove
. Holy shit did I abuse teleport, summoning, poison and range attacks, before charging in and giving him the rest, while my melee killed of his little spawns.

Getting withdrawls cause my online partner isn't around right now. I don't want to continue without him...

Anyone down to start a new game? :3

HoosTrax

Have you guys found a vendor for Marksman skills? Aureus only sells Man-At-Arms stuff, and the Legionnaires next to the archery targets don't seem to have any.

FACE

Banned
Where do I download the soundtrack? My KS tier included all the good stuff from the digital collectors edition(sans the other games).

Zeliard

Anyone playing on hard mode? I'm appreciating the challenge.

Yes I am, and I dig it. The ding you take to hit% chance along with the enemies' own increased hit% forces you to be a lot more measured in how you approach combat, and to rely more on skill combinations (especially as far as crowd control goes) and general use of the environment.

Where do I download the soundtrack? My KS tier included all the good stuff from the digital collectors edition(sans the other games).

Steam copy, with the DLC? If so, it will be in the Divinity: Original Sin steamapps folder.

Yes I am, and I dig it. The ding you take to hit% chance along with the enemies' own increased hit% forces you to be a lot more measured in how you approach combat, and to rely more on skill combinations (especially as far as crowd control goes) and general use of the environment.

I can barely manage normal difficulty at times, so I salute all of you taking on hard difficulty.

*salute*

arkon

So as I was catching up with this thread I noticed some enthusiasm for the spellbook recipe. The spell book was actually the first visible one that I saw from my CE. Do you guys want me to post some of the others (maybe in spoiler tags)?

FACE

Banned
Steam copy, with the DLC? If so, it will be in the Divinity: Original Sin steamapps folder.

I can barely manage normal difficulty at times, so I salute all of you taking on hard difficulty.

*salute*

I don't think I have the DLC, guess I'll have to wait until they make the OST available to download from the Larian Vault.

I don't think I have the DLC, guess I'll have to wait until they make the OST available to download from the Larian Vault.

It took them a day or so to add the DLC to Steam (after the game's full release) so maybe they're having the same delays on the Larian Vault, which I assume is their store.

Weird, but eh.

And it's probably been linked already, but GOG fumbled the Divinity: Original Sin release, underestimating the desire for the multiplayer component. It will be officially released there as soon as possible, but minus any multiplayer except direct IP connections. The full multiplayer functionality (as well as auto-updates) will be patched in at a later date.

I sort of wonder if that's why Steam suddenly had such an influx of interest in DOS... Probably not.

Top Bottom