• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Divinity: Original Sin |OT| Sandbox RPG. Co-Op friendly. Bread.

epmode

Is there a reason there isn't full camera tilt? Some areas are a bit awkward to maneuver in.

You can enable full camera rotation in the options. Please note that the main game isn't designed with this in mind so walls/areas that would normally be off-camera are not nearly as polished as everything else. You can also press B to toggle the tactical camera which gives you a pure overhead view.

Zukuu

Banned
So aside from the potion merchant in the market, Arhu, and the lady above the inn that sells witchcraft spells, who else sells skill books around town for magic?
2nd floor Inn lady: Witchcraft + Scoundrel
Captain of the Legonaires: Man-at-arms
Above him: Arthu: Fire + Earth
Market Flechter: Ranger
Market Potion Lady: Air + Water

that are all skills.

You can enable full camera rotation in the options. Please note that the main game isn't designed with this in mind so walls/areas that would normally be off-camera are not nearly as polished as everything else. You can also press B to toggle the tactical camera which gives you a pure overhead view.

Wow, didn't know there was an overhead view. Thanks!

Kennyfish

Neo Member
Has anyone else been playing a witch? I'm only level 4 but I feel pretty useless right now, and I was wondering If sticking with witchcraft and geomancer gets better.

Santiako

Has anyone else been playing a witch? I'm only level 4 but I feel pretty useless right now, and I was wondering If sticking with witchcraft and geomancer gets better.
One of my mains is a witchcraft + Geo but I added Pyro as my main source of damage with her.

Zukuu

Banned
Witchcraft is mainly for buffs and debuffs. I haven't found anything worthwhile so far other than the level 1 +50% damage buff tho. Even the summonings are trash compared to other schools so far. At level 10 I can summon an armored elite undead knight tho, maybe that will make it worthwhile, I dunno. Gemonancer has early AoE spells and a nice early summon. It lacks in the damage department otherwise. Poison is pretty useless, since you fight undeads most of the time. Air + Hydro seems like the best mix. Hydro has heal, best, cheap, single target CC (in combination with Rain) and Air has great damage and side effects. Didn't dabble into pyro much, but it seems to have the best aoe in form of fireball early on. That comes with friendly fire tho.

Burt

Enfeeble and, later on, mass weakness are total lifesavers. Absorb the elements is the same for a lot of later boss fights that have enemies of multiple elements, which happens quite a bit. And, of course, ressurect eventually, because fuck scrolls. I could see the fear scream being useful too, saves you from burning teleport to get melee away, but I haven't used it yet.

Levyne

Banned
I found an underground area with
four elemental pillars...hmm

Edit: Is there no way to choose what sort of scroll when you use a
pixie dust
on Parchment?

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Just hit that 20-hour mark and there still seems to be so much to do in the first area goddamn.

Kind of feeling lost though trying to find the
white witch
and I somehow stumbled upon a area with a
big-ass skeleton boss
in the east.

Chaos17

Just hit that 20-hour mark and there still seems to be so much to do in the first area goddamn.

Kind of feeling lost though trying to find the
white witch
and I somehow stumbled upon a area with a [/spoiler]big-ass skeleton boss[/spoiler] in the east.

You won't meet her until the next area, in the north

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
I'm surprised that D:OS was the no.1 seller for any amount of time since the average steam user(going by the forums) is about as intelligent as a potato.

Find Happiness FACE:

divinityontop1ks0f.png

Varna

Has there been any word on the Personality AI? They said soon... but I'm seriously considering just waiting to play.

Okay, Black Cove. I give up:
The ghost with the booby trapped room.
What do I have to do?

Nah, all you do is teleport to the black cove, then walk back to the room, it'll explode as you get close, but you are more than a safe distance away. Then just walk in and collect the loot.

Zukuu

Banned
Has there been any word on the Personality AI? They said soon... but I'm seriously considering just waiting to play.
The interactions don't happen too often. Even with another AI (playing with loyal here), you need to select the answer of both your characters anyway when talking to your companion for instance.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
It's always terrifying when DLC is in the top sellers list. (And not even on sale, to boot.)

Shadowrun: Dragonfall is DLC. :p

My ranger henchman has is and I've found it invaluable, those arrows are expensive and rare, so recovering 1 or 2 per fight is great.

I find it very useful with my Archer. Those arrows don't come cheap.

Thanks for the impressions guys. :)

Bookmarked it immediately when I found it:

All crafting recipes

It's missing some combinations I think.

Levyne

Banned
I have a dumb question. If I can't put an attribute point into a stat, does that mean I need two or more for the next level up, or does it mean I'm capped until I level up further? Basically I'm asking if I need to bank a point at times or not.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
I have a dumb question. If I can't put an attribute point into a stat, does that mean I need two or more for the next level up, or does it mean I'm capped until I level up further?

You need "x" points for "x" level. So you need to bank points.

FACE

Banned
It's always terrifying when DLC is in the top sellers list. (And not even on sale, to boot.)

DLC itself isn't inherently bad, but 5 bucks for a few weapons and masks?! Fuck the developers of that game, fuck the publisher and fuck everyone who bought that DLC pack.

Find Happiness FACE:

http://abload.de/img/divinityontop1ks0f.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

When it comes to top sellers on Steam I'm never fully happy, only slightly less grumpy.

Taruranto

I use it to make special arrows a bunch. Without it, I wouldn't be able to rely on them nearly as much as I have.

Mostly just arrows here, with some of the writing/scroll/book base stuff I'm still figuring out, as well as some others like making lockpicks with nails. Not doing a lot of smithing or food cooking.

Oh yeah, I've been using them too, using whasthisface (the mage NPC) to craft them, since he comes with 1 level in crafting.

Really can't bother with cocking/etc, looks too complex and I'm too lazy lol.

Is this game more Diablo or Dragon Age?

Dragon Age/Baldur's Gate but with turn based combat.
Also good, unlike DA.

Levyne

Banned
I have two people with teleport and it does a lot of damage and it's a lot of fun to put enemies where they shouldn't be :)

Zeliard

I have two people with teleport and it does a lot of damage and it's a lot of fun to put enemies where they shouldn't be :)

Teleport is amazing but one time the enemy AI got a little wonky when I teleported a skeleton onto a lower part of the environment. He skipped all of his turns and after I finished killing the rest of his friends, he decided to start trotting off and I had to chase him down while still in turn-based combat mode. In the process I then ran into another group of enemies. It was fun, though. I had to adapt on-the-fly.

Santiako

There's another teleport spell that doesn't do damahe , it amazing to move my melee guy around in battle.

oh my GOD

where

yesssss

Later, but still on the first map.

This puzzle...tips? (early game puzzle). I've found two similar rooms.

http://i.imgur.com/qSj6p8B.jpg

Read the tombstones, follow the instructions.

Wow...
We walked in to fight Rex with our party at full health and immediately 10 fireballs come out of nowhere and slaughter everyone.
People weren't joking when they said that's a tough fight.

Top Bottom