• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Divinity: Original Sin |OT| Sandbox RPG. Co-Op friendly. Bread.

Are there any weapon shops in Cyseal or in Silverglen?

My coop partner and I have been stuck there for an hour. Tips?

Keep him occupied with summons. He can also be frozen when it is raining. If everyone is at level, you can just rail on his captains and they die fairly easy. The real hard part is making sure the focus of his attacks are not on you.

Do enemies respawn AND/OR is it possible to grind out experience in this game? I'm still just in the first town, but the orcs outside the front gate and the enemies in the well haven't respawned so far that I've seen.

Zukuu

Banned
Do enemies respawn AND/OR is it possible to grind out experience in this game? I'm still just in the first town, but the orcs outside the front gate and the enemies in the well haven't respawned so far that I've seen.
nope.
If you kill every enemy you'll get enough exp to keep up to.

Levyne

Banned
The murderer boss fight was pretty cool :)

Stunlocked most of the enemies and then just ganged up on the big guy. Summons helped.

Edit: Guess the person I thought was the murderer wasn't the murderer?

stOex

The game still needs optimization. My Titan is running way too hot, even with the texture buffering disabled and forced v-sync. So far the only let-down. The game itself is pretty damn awesome

The game still needs optimization. My Titan is running way too hot, even with the texture buffering disabled and forced v-sync. So far the only let-down. The game itself is preety damn awesome

Yeah I think this game caused a power surge on my computer, and my proc and 770 fans were going crazy. Anyways, computer just shut off randomly.

Are people playing on normal or hard for the most part? Playing normal and haven't had any trouble outside of the battle outside the cave which I managed to get through by having my ranger sneak around back and set flame to the second mage. So neat that you can do that.

Salsa

Well, the
tombstones
tell you the order pretty explicitly. That isn't really what the puzzle is.

mh, I guess you're right

Are people playing on normal or hard for the most part? Playing normal and haven't had any trouble outside of the battle outside the cave which I managed to get through by having my ranger sneak around back and set flame to the second mage. So neat that you can do that.

normal

wanna keep room open for a second go

Gaz_RB

The game still needs optimization. My Titan is running way too hot, even with the texture buffering disabled and forced v-sync. So far the only let-down. The game itself is pretty damn awesome

Yeah I think this game caused a power surge on my computer, and my proc and 770 fans were going crazy. Anyways, computer just shut off randomly.

Probably a dumb question, but do you have the frame limiter on 60?

my 4670 and 760 haven't been running for anywhere near 100% load

Burt

My melee is just slaughtering people. Just turned Level 10 and have crafted a ~200 damage 2h sword with lvl 5 black smithing. Add level 5 Two Handed skill, and 14 strength on top and I one shot mini-bosses with the new skill Flurry (deals like up to 1.6k damage with orb buff). Those 800 aoe hits are also nothing to snort at. Buffing my melee, throwing him into a bunch of enemies with my other character ( he has over 1k hp and regs more than he receives damage by most hits due to Leech trait) so he has enough AP to devastate everything in a single turn. xD

I love to break games.

This is actually exactly why I think its fair for me to "cheese" the game with chests. The game assumes you'll use a 2h, most likely with at least Madora, because they're incredibly strong. Itemization follows suit.
Braccus' axe
(easter egg spoiler)
the sword that traveled back from Divinity 2 or whatever in the mines
and I got a Tenebrium 2h sword that I'm sure is too good to be a random drop along the way. I would destroy shit if I had a character that used any of those at the point I got them, but I don't. So, if I reroll a chest to get something I can use rather than sitting on an unusable 2h and an assortment of other crap that's garbage for me, its just balancing out clearly skewed itemization.

Tl:Dr; Madora sucks I can't stand her and I'm trying to justify passing on an OP role.

stOex

Probably a dumb question, but do you have the frame limiter on 60?

my 4670 and 760 haven't been running for anywhere near 100% load

Yeah, frames capped at 60 and my Titan is running on 80% load. Haven't figured out yet why that is.

Zukuu

Banned
I don't use Madora tho. Also, the loot you find is pretty varied. You find more melee weapons (of any kind) than staffs because you need an updated weapon at hand every level. I use a 8 level old staff because only the stats matter. If I keep my sword for more than 2 levels my melee sucks. Armor gets higher and higher, but magic always deals max damage (At least for now). There is also the bonus of the range. You have to be tanky as a melee, forcing you to update your armor regularly, sacrificing older armor with stats in favor for pure armor rating.Bows are rather rare I feel. Then again, only one class makes use of it, so maybe that's why.

Rizzi

I'm torn. Usually when a game runs like Divinity does for me I give up on it.
But here I am, trying to figure out why it runs poorly. So I guess that's a mark of quality for the game itself.

jediyoshi

AWSD moves the camera....what I have an issue with is in battle I go to click the enemy and its a sword for attack right? But when I click it moves and than it becomes walk there lol.

..Huh? What does that have to do with what I said? Your camera resets if you manually adjust it while moving your character.

My issue is if you want to run downwards, your mouse has to occupy this area of the screen, most of which is taken up by the action bar

IdulOoq.jpg

Whereas if you want to move up, you have a larger space to move the mouse around and more camera padding

tVt9Crr.jpg

FtHTiny

Flurry for man at arms is unbelievable good.
So many hits and they can all crit. Just dropped a lvl 15 boss in one round with both my warriors just critting him to death.

Sarcasm

..Huh? What does that have to do with what I said? Your camera resets if you manually adjust it while moving your character.

My issue is if you want to run downwards, your mouse has to occupy this area of the screen, most of which is taken up by the action bar

Whereas if you want to move up, you have a larger space to move the mouse around and more camera padding

I am basically saying it is a non issue for me since I use wasd to move the camera. Don't know why but it is natural for me to use that than clicking/hold click versus just using click/hold click.

Eternia

I'm on normal. Ended up creating a ragtag team of 3 melee characters and a mage that's also my healer. I probably created a lot of trouble for myself considering how much aoe occurs. Especially really early in the game when I didn't have a grasp on even stats, abilities or even bartering.

Herla

Does Lockpicking become useful later in the game?
I've played for about 19 hours and, so far, I haven't found a single chest/door that didn't have a key hidden somewhere...

Zakalwe

Banned
I've played for about 19 hours and, so far, I haven't found a single chest/door that didn't have a key hidden somewhere...

There are tonnes. Some early ones I can't open with level 2.

Moff

I'm about 20 hours in, in the second area of the game and not a single time was I able to use lockpicking. the huge majority of chests and doors are just open.
for most of the ones which are locked, there is a key nearby
and for the few I actually tried to lockpick, it always said my lockpicking level is too low, and its not really low, its 3 or 4 at the moment. so I just bashed those chests/doors in

so yeah, my points in lockpicking are most certainly the ones I wasted the most

Levyne

Banned
After starting out SO SLOWLY, I'm finally going at a good pace. I've got Madora and Jahan (duh) and my characters are an archer and another mage (Pyro/Earth) so most of the time I fortify and tank with Madora and whatever summon and just blast enemies around. I've been going at a great clip taking out quest after quest. I need to stop into town to sort out all this loot. I'm not even bothering to identify or upgrade stuff or learn new spells since I'm rolling over things as is.

But eventually I'm going to run into weight limit problems, haha. One more area..

Zeliard

Behind what house in Cyseal was the orc with those two legionnaires? I came across it early in my playthrough but I can't recall where it was exactly.

Levyne

Banned
Is the
Black Cove two dead ends?
On by the giant
spider
and the other by the four
bomb enemies?

Edit: Found it

Levyne

Banned
Anyone have luck in making a resurrect skillbook? I have a blank witchcraft skill book and a resurrect scroll but I can't combine them. Not even "Not Enough Crafting" :(

aborath

Neo Member
Cross post from the July 2014 pick-up thread:

It's here! Divinity: Original Sin Kickstarter Backer Edition.

Jealous :(. Man, I was so close to Kickstarting this back when it was announced, but I backed out after trying one of the old Divinity games and not liking it--now I'm hooked on OS. Ah, well.

Regarding the game: can anyone explain to me how the charisma experience system works, and how it relates to conversation dueling (i.e., Rock, Paper, Scissors)? Intimidate seems to be my highest rated option, but I have no idea why.

Top Bottom