• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Divinity: Original Sin |OT| Sandbox RPG. Co-Op friendly. Bread.

Moff

So I'm stuck. I've completed nearly all of the Cyceal quests that I know about, but can't progress the Councilor's murder quest. The last significant development was the mortician being arrested for being complicit in the murder, but when I go to the Legion HQ, he's not there. All of the suspects that I talk to (including Aureus) just give me old dialogue. According to a quest guide, Evelyn is supposed to go missing from the healer's house at some point, but she has yet to do so. Anyone know what I might've missed?

you need to find three clues and then talk to the prime suspect, the councillors wife, that will make evelyn disappear. if she is still there I guess thats a bug.

Klyka

Banned
So I'm stuck. I've completed nearly all of the Cyceal quests that I know about, but can't progress the Councilor's murder quest. The last significant development was the mortician being arrested for being complicit in the murder, but when I go to the Legion HQ, he's not there. All of the suspects that I talk to (including Aureus) just give me old dialogue. According to a quest guide, Evelyn is supposed to go missing from the healer's house at some point, but she has yet to do so. Anyone know what I might've missed?

the prime suspect is esmeralda. you should look around her house a bit.

d1rtn4p

Curious as to any strategies people used for the fight with the
undead outside of the cave.
Reason I ask is because I think I'm hitting a wall. There's no undead left to kill on the map and I think I've completed all the quests I can. My rogue and wizard are level 4, and I'm getting my ass handed to me...It's not even a close fight.

_Clash_

Eventually, everyone ends up mage.

If you know what's good for you.

No, in all honesty, everyone in my party is versed in at least one level of Hydrophology in order to get access to healing spells.

My party set up:
Lady Sherlock is my Knight. She has an Ice Elemental summon as well as Ice Shard for long range, when close combat is not an option.
Shakespeare is a Wayfarer, and has evolved into being my crowd controller with both Spider and Fire Elemental summons. I opted out of a staff in favor of a crossbow, and the juxtaposition of magic and a long range physical weapon works great. I gave him a point in Marksman so I could give him Ricochet and Mute.

I swapped out the two other party members as soon as I could for a Ranger and a Witch as soon as I could.
Neresa is my Witch, and she's my assault. She has a Fire summon and all of the offensive Fire and Air spells. While Shakespeare and Sherlock both have offensive spells, Neresa is decked out with the heavy duty Area of Effect shit.
Gaereoga is my Ranger, and my status effect defensive guy. He has Mute, Cure, and a bunch of other skills dedicated to either stopping or starting status problems.

I can see my party looking a lot like this.

Moff

Reason I ask is because I think I'm hitting a wall. There's no undead left to kill on the map and I think I've completed all the quests I can. My rogue and wizard are level 4, and I'm getting my ass handed to me...It's not even a close fight.

not sure what you mean, what cave? and what map? after clearing the whole first map you would be about level 10...

generally, if you are the same level as your enemies, you should be able to win that fight.

Klyka

Banned

mate you should be higher than lvl 4. there's tons of quests and fights. I was lvl 4 when i left the town for the first time and am now lvl 5 1/2 a bit later after clearing the lighthouse and surrounding area.

aborath

Neo Member
Yes.

You could try a cheap cooling plate in the meantime. My old XPS gaming laptop used to overheat, so I bought a cooling plate and a small desktop fan to point at it and it solved the issue.

How did they break the game?

I steal every single thing I can, and I still need gold for arrows, skill books, scrolls, potions, etc...

the prime suspect is esmeralda. you should look around her house a bit.

Thanks for the replies, folks. I snooped around her place a bit just after posting that. I thought that I needed to find the mortician to advance the quest, not realizing that I had skipped an entire portion of Esmeralda's house.

d1rtn4p

mate you should be higher than lvl 4. there's tons of quests and fights. I was lvl 4 when i left the town for the first time and am now lvl 5 1/2 a bit later after clearing the lighthouse and surrounding area.

That's what I wanted to know...thanks for the help.

nonadventurer

Neo Member
You unlock a room with two storage chests in your homestead at one point towards the end of Act I (or a bit earlier depending on your style of exploration).

Easy_D

never left the stone age
I love the world they've built. The tone is light hearted, tongue in cheek at times, and legitimately funny (especially if you take the Pet Pal talent and converse with animals). It never takes itself too seriously, and it never feels too dramatic, but the story is interesting and characters seem unique and make the somewhat generic setting feel fresh.

I don't think this will have the best story we've ever seen, but the world building and setting are really great.

You can choose a starting class, then reset all stats and build whatever you want. Customisation in terms of builds is extremely in depth.

Appearance customisation is decent, not the most in depth I've seen but there are a good amount of varied options. Gear changes appearance, and you can dye it.

You customise both main characters. If you want to play co-op, your partner can join at the creation screen so you both get to build your characters.

That's great to hear, it's exactly why I fell in love with Divinity 2 (+ expansion). The tone they set was amazing. Similarily, Divinity 2 allowed you to mind-read people (which more often than not, resulted in something funny)

cheezcake

Started and played for 6 hours straight today, so gooooood

Currently stuck on trying to solve the Mysterious Murder quest, hopefully i'll get there soon

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
So am I the only who cheesed the
dietmar
fight by taking out the mob one at a time and then fleeing to a nearby bed? >_> <_<

I cheesed the hell out of
braccus rex

how:
set up vase fence such that only he & the skeleton baron could come and fight me, which i proceeded to run outside of the door and hide in the corner, since I could rain -> lightning stun trap them in the doorway. Then I just sat back with my archer and pinged the other two bosses to death.

aborath

Neo Member
Started and played for 6 hours straight today, so gooooood

Currently stuck on trying to solve the Mysterious Murder quest, hopefully i'll get there soon

Bleh, right when I thought I'd finally solved it: I'm back to being stuck.
Presented the book to the Duke, Septimus, Esmerelda, and Aureus. All of them dismissed it. I even went to the dungeon and spoke to the mortician, but he wasn't helpful.

Really not sure where to go from here. I hope I didn't bug the quest by doing things out of order. Not sure I'd have it in me to play through all of this again, even thought I'm enjoying the hell out of it.

Fuz

Banned
Anywhere you want one to to be.
Just drag a chest or a barrel where you want your storage and you are done.
So, I guess any container doesn't ever lose what's inside of it once loaded.

You unlock a room with two storage chests in your homestead at one point towards the end of Act I (or a bit earlier depending on your style of exploration).

You will unlock an area do the homestead with empty chests, bookshelves, and beds.

Thanks fellas.

Santiako

So now that I'm level 10, my best strategy is to buff my already beastly melee character and let him wreck havoc. He absolutely destroys everything.

hemtae

Presented the book to the Duke, Septimus, Esmerelda, and Aureus. All of them dismissed it. I even went to the dungeon and spoke to the mortician, but he wasn't helpful.

Really not sure where to go from here. I hope I didn't bug the quest by doing things out of order. Not sure I'd have it in me to play through all of this again, even thought I'm enjoying the hell out of it.

There's other things you can confront Esmeralda with. Also Pet Pal will help quite a bit

Froli

Can you save anytime? If that is the case...that will solve your problems with the random loot being useless
save when the boss you are fighting has very low hp, kill it, if it drops crap reload. This way there is a high chance of getting Legendary drops
It seems cheesy if this works lol

NIN90

Hint:
Did you look through Esmeralda's basement?

aborath

Neo Member
There's other things you can confront Esmeralda with. Also Pet Pal will help quite a bit

*slaps forhead* of course,
I didn't pick up Pet Pal until I hit level 3, and I never got around to going back to the cemetery to speak with the dog

hemtae

I am confused
the dog got all happy about the nurse's smelly stuff so I can't smell other items..but its not the nurse?

What makes you think it isn't? If you go with the Esmeralda route she also points the finger at Evelyn.

Spookie

Oh man the switch room in the caves is fucking great:

I pushed the exotic switch and got put back at the start of the map, the flavour text from my character had me rolling

Zukuu

Banned
Why elementals have more aggro than my warrior ? xD
I do think that is intentional or they just go for the squishiest target in range. Elementals are very bad tanks sadly. I think the Spider is actually the best level <10 summon for that purpose. lol

Sentenza

So, I guess any container doesn't ever lose what's inside of it once loaded..
For what I noticed so far, absolutely not.
Of course, just to be sure I avoided leaving too valuable stuff into them. But the game seems to keep track of items indefinitely.

Chaos17

I do think that is intentional or they just go for the squishiest target in range. Elementals are very bad tanks sadly. I think the Spider is actually the best level <10 summon for that purpose. lol

Need an aggro skill on my warrior, I feel so usuelles when the enemy ignore me and move toward my mages, lol.

Top Bottom