• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Divinity: Original Sin |OT| Sandbox RPG. Co-Op friendly. Bread.

I think I just hit some kind of bug with the murder quest line

I got to evelyn's lair, saw evelyn and zombie jake there, but I accidentally aggroed and killed zombie jake in the fight. Now I have no way to progressing the quest line, and I can't resurrect him either

Is there any way to fix this or do I have to re-attempt the whole thing?

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
I think I just hit some kind of bug with the murder quest line

I got to evelyn's lair, saw evelyn and zombie jake there, but I accidentally aggroed and killed zombie jake in the fight. Now I have no way to progressing the quest line, and I can't resurrect him either

Is there any way to fix this or do I have to re-attempt the whole thing?

By default the game keeps 5 quick and 5 autosaves, surely you can go back a bit.

DizzyCrow

The only isometric RPG I've played is Torchlight 2, but I didn't liked it much, how does them compare besides the battle system?

- Disabled casting a skill when another is busy

THANK GOD they fixed this. I wasted so much AP by trying to use another skill too early.

This game guys, it's so good. I'm level 13 now and just beat another boss with some fun mechanics. It's a bit more combat and adventuring heavy (not so much time spent in a hub town) after Cyseal but it's all still really great. The quality and attention to detail in everything is really impressive.

Eusis

Nice, I will be watching those in a bit.

ed: Atmosphere triggers include day/night cycles? someone should get on that.
Not surprised that's there (I think it was enabled in cow simulator?) it's probably in a way far easier to implement the graphical effect than it is ensuring the world runs in sync with said effect. And they did state they didn't want to half ass it and that mods can enable it for those who want at least that effect badly enough, so I don't doubt we'll see something soon.

Okay modders, let's get a few more visible rows in the action bar.

Bonus points for a vendor descriptions on skill books that tell you if everyone in the party has learned that skill or not. Extra bonus points to be able to compare equipment while trading with the person selected and not just the person who started the conversation : )

Sinatar

Still not sure if I should claim a Steam or GOG code, do I miss anything with one or another?

Coop is easier on Steam since it allows for game invites directly via your friends list. Other then that, you'd only be missing out on Steam Achivements in the GOG version.

OmegaDL50

I just downloaded an update that was 209mb.

Here's a change log

As we enter the weekend, here's an update that should solve several problems some of you have been experiencing.

- Fix for wrong alignments (this should also fix existing save games). This for instance solves the problems with the bone totem in the Luculla Mines.
- Local chat is auto-enabled
- Greatly reduced memory usage for Win32 systems. This should lead to more stability.
- Fixed crash when a destroyed item was still in the skillbar
- Fixed a rare crash on level swap
- Fixed a crash when crafting in two inventories at the same time
- Fixed a crash when disarming trap while it detonates
- Fixed a crash for fleeing while invisible
- Fixed graphical artefacts on characters on the Mac version
- Fixed low-res terrain textures
- Fixed crash in multiplayer menu
- Disabled casting a skill when another is busy
- Teleport will now ignore the teleported item for AI grid checks
- No combines anymore in the trade window
- Added Staff of Magus to all henchman
- Fixed rare crash when summoning
- Better feedback for item combinations
- Fixed fleeing with a summon
- Changed font color in dialogs for better readability
- Added missing people to the credits

Divinity Engine Toolkit changes

- Fixed some exceptions
- Fixed terrains not showing up when loading levels from the main game

They also uploaded a series of 7 tutorial videos, if anyone wants to get some basics to tinker with the toolkit to make their own mods.

shiroryu

For the murder quest, I got Esmeralda's item for Murphy, but how do you get the other ones? Do you need to have a rogue in the party?

In related news, I didn't save either patient - I walked away after triggering the save them quest, and when I came back both were dead. Does that affect the murder quest in some fashion?

OmegaDL50

Couple questions. Wheres the best place to get lockpicks? Also, do enemies level up with you?

You can make more lockpicks if you get your Crafting Skill to level 3
Hammer and Nine Inch Nails or buy some off one of the NPCs in the inn I believe.

Also level scaling in this game does not exist

Couple questions. Wheres the best place to get lockpicks? Also, do enemies level up with you?

I see lockpicks in random npc inventories for sale, but they are pretty expensive. You can craft them though. Hammer + nine inch nails = 4 lockpicks. Combining 2 needles also creates them.

I have to admit I've never heard of this game as of a few days ago, but it looks very interesting.

Looks a bit like Baldurs Gate, but with modern graphics. Is that description completely off?

MayMay

Banned
I have to admit I've never heard of this game as of a few days ago, but it looks very interesting.

Looks a bit like Baldurs Gate, but with modern graphics. Is that description completely off?

Not off at all, but the combat is turn based.

And the game is so good

Levyne

Banned
I stayed up practically all night playing this. Welp.

Once I eat some lunch and some other things...will probably dive back in..

bounchfx

fuck, apparently I already have 7 hours played since last night. I need to stop, but I keep thinking about it.

only thing right now thats a bit frustrating is figuring out what can craft what. and I have no idea where to find an anvil. I try putting potatoes in a cooking pot, or carrots, and nothing happens. outside of figuring this out the rest is stellar. dat murder quest, damn

Karak

I have now clocked more hours in 1 straight gaming session in this than any game ever.
I don't see an official review page so if anyone is on the precipice here is our Review for Angrycentaurgaming

For those who hate youtube:

Honestly if not already my game of the year its close.
Bravo and hats off to these guys.

I did ding it a bit because the inventory can get a bit cluttered if you are searching through for a particular item in a set of items. Like 1 book out of a good number.

epmode

More inventory sorting options please. I know about the filters and the sorting methods but it could still really use Sort by Type combined with some kind of Highlight New Items option. Just using the different tabs doesn't work because crafters often have to find stuff outside of the Ingredients tab.

only thing right now thats a bit frustrating is figuring out what can craft what. and I have no idea where to find an anvil.

There's an anvil, a furnace and a whetstone wheel right behind the abandoned house in Cyseal. It's not hidden or anything.

Levyne

Banned
More inventory sorting options please. I know about the filters and the sorting methods but it could still really use Sort by Type combined with some kind of Highlight New Items option. Just using the different tabs doesn't work because crafters often have to find stuff outside of the Ingredients tab.

Yeah, a type sort would be awesome and super handy.

Edit: Another thing would be when you're in the barter menu if you tab between characters it's a bit annoying that you can only see a comparison-to-equipped of the person that talked to the npc. I wonder if they could make it so that they could compared to the person you've swapped to on the left pane of the barter menu even though you're not technically leading as that character at that moment.

Karak

Agreed!

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
How does it look or play like on a macbook pro retina 8GB and intel iris? I could always play it on PC but i kind of want to play this on laptop.

Durante

There's an anvil, a furnace and a whetstone wheel right behind the abandoned house in Cyseal. It's not hidden or anything.
I agree that more sorting options would be nice (ideally I'd like a text filter), but for now I just put all my crafting stuff which isn't an ingredient (e.g. cooking pot, mortar and pestle etc.) into a backpack.

MayMay

Banned
Yesssss, they finally fixed the DLC issues that I was having--

ca337aa4d3d75451480a928287f29a00.png

OmegaDL50

I have now clocked more hours in 1 straight gaming session in this than any game ever.
I don't see an official review page so if anyone is on the precipice here is our Review for Angrycentaurgaming

I did ding it a bit because the inventory can get a bit cluttered if you are searching through for a particular item in a set of items. Like 1 book out of a good number.

Why do you keep calling it Divine Divinity: Original Sin?

While the game does take place in the same universe as the other Divinity titles, plot wise is completely standalone with minor connections to the original game.

Armaros

Its like Ultima combined with Fallout 1 + fallout 2 combat but without the rigid grid system.

Sinatar

Does the quality maintain to the end or did you review it without finishing it?

Also you keep calling it 'Divine Divinity Original Sin' in your review, it's actually just called Divinity Original Sin.

EDIT: Action RPG? C'mon man.

FtHTiny

Finally i learned something about one of the companions. I was beginning to think they wouldn´t get any story at all.
And i almost wanted to switch one for a henchman.

Does the quality maintain to the end or did you review it without finishing it?

Also you keep calling it 'Divine Divinity Original Sin' in your review, it's actually just called Divinity Original Sin.

EDIT: Action RPG? C'mon man.

I had to turn it off after the first 30 seconds.

Top Bottom