• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Divinity: Original Sin |OT| Sandbox RPG. Co-Op friendly. Bread.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Bleh, right when I thought I'd finally solved it: I'm back to being stuck.
Presented the book to the Duke, Septimus, Esmerelda, and Aureus. All of them dismissed it. I even went to the dungeon and spoke to the mortician, but he wasn't helpful.

Really not sure where to go from here. I hope I didn't bug the quest by doing things out of order. Not sure I'd have it in me to play through all of this again, even thought I'm enjoying the hell out of it.

You sound like you didn't search Jake's murder scene completely.

This is a stupid question but is there a way to heal your part without potions? The vendor in town doesn't sell a minor healing skill book so I'm not sure what to do beyond drink hundreds of potions.

Zukuu

Banned
This is a stupid question but is there a way to heal your part without potions? The vendor in town doesn't sell a minor healing skill book so I'm not sure what to do beyond drink hundreds of potions.
Outch, why didn't you start with it? :p
If you reload your game, the vendor will have a new randomized loot. I'd abuse it till you have a healing spell. Very useful both, in- and outside of battle. My Mage has level 2 heal my Mage/Ranger has level 1, and my Melee has the warrior heal spell (which heals actually the most).

Is there an ini file I can edit?
I think you need to unpack the .pak files first; not sure tho.

Arkeus

You can rest on beds/bedrolls (lie down) and you can eat food. You might also want to try to get the first aid spell for mens-at-arms.

Jahan, your mage companion, found above the Mayors house in the library, comes with a minor heal spell. And the Enchantress in the marketplace should sell heal spellbooks.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

Try reloading. The enchanter chick should hold a minor heal book.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member

Eat food, especially those that have been combined from base ingredients.

Thanks guys. I've tried reloading for the hydro vendor but her inventory doesn't seem to change (she always have 3 major regenerations and 0 minor healing), seems like the man at arms is my only option as I don't want the mage in my party.

Noaloha

Come back to the vendor after a level-up.
Edit: if the co-op dialogue thing really bothers you, open your journal during the conversation and read the dialogue section. It updates in real time with both sides of the conversation.

Blu10

Is it possible to get stuck at homestead hall? I took the teleporter there, and was told a new portal opened to the hall of heroes, but now I can't figure out how to get back to town. The only portals here are the one to the hall of heroes and to the observatory unless I'm missing something.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Is it possible to get stuck at homestead hall? I took the teleporter there, and was told a new portal opened to the hall of heroes, but now I can't figure out how to get back to town. The only portals here are the one to the hall of heroes and to the observatory unless I'm missing something.

Right of the weaver of time, for the physical portal iirc.

Thanks guys. I've tried reloading for the hydro vendor but her inventory doesn't seem to change (she always have 3 major regenerations and 0 minor healing), seems like the man at arms is my only option as I don't want the mage in my party.

You can hire henchmen if you don't like the companions.

petrochemicals

Neo Member

It's a button on the middle right side of the screen.

Outch, why didn't you start with it? :p
If you reload your game, the vendor will have a new randomized loot. I'd abuse it till you have a healing spell. Very useful both, in- and outside of battle. My Mage has level 2 heal my Mage/Ranger has level 1, and my Melee has the warrior heal spell (which heals actually the most).

I think you need to unpack the .pak files first; not sure tho.

I don't know what that is or where it's located.

I went into the Documents side of things but it's just a bunch of lsx files? I don't know.

It's stupid that you can't see your coop partner's dialogue choices when they are talking to npcs.

They're working on a fix for this, when your partner is going into a dialogue alone you'll be able to click a button that pops up the dialog UI and read the history and see the choices being made in real-time.

In the black cove, there is a level 20 chest by a bridge. I read online that you need a key but I have yet to find it and I've been through the whole cave with alt held down. Anyone know where this key is? Also, is it just a treasure chest, I can skip that if need be?

Also, I hope the game gets harder soon. Once I hit around level 6, the challenge has really dropped.

Gaz_RB

They're working on a fix for this, when your partner is going into a dialogue alone you'll be able to click a button that pops up the dialog UI and read the history and see the choices being made in real-time.

This is exactly what I wanted. Awesome, thanks.

Noaloha

This is exactly what I wanted. Awesome, thanks.

oh good because it's really annoying

In the meantime, just use the Journal as mentioned above. From Crazy_maniac's description it sounds like it has exactly the same functionality, just a little clunkier in UI terms (also, two button presses instead of one. Eek!).

Congratulations by the way, Larian Person. :) You folks have conjured up quite the special something.

pahamrick

That sounds great, it's really the only thing that bugs me about playing co-op.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
So... wait, what am I missing with the murder quest?

I went to evelyn's secret cave, killed off all the cultists, and didn't seem to find anything unique there. Now I have no idea how to progress.

nbthedude

I just wish you could make the action window that displays it not be opaque. It's hard to see it sometimes due tot he background. I just want an option for a solid color of some sort for the action window. Aesthetics be damned.

New patch :D

Hello everybody,

As we enter the weekend, here's an update that should solve several problems some of you have been experiencing.

- Fix for wrong alignments (this should also fix existing save games). This for instance solves the problems with the bone totem in the Luculla Mines.
- Local chat is auto-enabled
- Greatly reduced memory usage for Win32 systems. This should lead to more stability.
- Fixed crash when a destroyed item was still in the skillbar
- Fixed a rare crash on level swap
- Fixed a crash when crafting in two inventories at the same time
- Fixed a crash when disarming trap while it detonates
- Fixed a crash for fleeing while invisible
- Fixed graphical artefacts on characters on the Mac version
- Fixed low-res terrain textures
- Fixed crash in multiplayer menu
- Disabled casting a skill when another is busy
- Teleport will now ignore the teleported item for AI grid checks
- No combines anymore in the trade window
- Added Staff of Magus to all henchman
- Fixed rare crash when summoning
- Better feedback for item combinations
- Fixed fleeing with a summon
- Changed font color in dialogs for better readability

Divinity Engine Toolkit changes

- Fixed some exceptions
- Fixed terrains not showing up when loading levels from the main game

We also posted 7 tutorial videos on the Larian forums that will help you understand the things you can do with the toolkit. More videos are incoming.

Terra_Ex

New patch :D

Hooray for new tutorial videos. Of course it'll probably me weeks to finish the campaign and get to modding stuff based on my current rate of progression but it's just so good and the combat is so deeply satisfying I've gotta savour the experience.

Top Bottom