• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Divinity: Original Sin |OT| Sandbox RPG. Co-Op friendly. Bread.

Danneee

So, as soon as I clear the north west corner of the map I'll be ready to move on to the next part of the game. So far my favourite crpg ever.

Okay. Question about Act 2:
Are there two towns? Hunter's Edge and Silvergarten? The merchants in the forest lead me to believe there are two, and I'm ddeciding against healing their mount just to get there.

FtHTiny

Okay. Question about Act 2:
Are there two towns? Hunter's Edge and Silvergarten? The merchants in the forest lead me to believe there are two, and I'm ddeciding against healing their mount just to get there.

Obviously a bit spoilerish.
There is another small city in that map that isn´t hunter´s edge. Hunter´s is in another map.

Alric

I just downloaded an update that was 209mb.

Here's a change log

As we enter the weekend, here's an update that should solve several problems some of you have been experiencing.

- Fix for wrong alignments (this should also fix existing save games). This for instance solves the problems with the bone totem in the Luculla Mines.
- Local chat is auto-enabled
- Greatly reduced memory usage for Win32 systems. This should lead to more stability.
- Fixed crash when a destroyed item was still in the skillbar
- Fixed a rare crash on level swap
- Fixed a crash when crafting in two inventories at the same time
- Fixed a crash when disarming trap while it detonates
- Fixed a crash for fleeing while invisible
- Fixed graphical artefacts on characters on the Mac version
- Fixed low-res terrain textures
- Fixed crash in multiplayer menu
- Disabled casting a skill when another is busy
- Teleport will now ignore the teleported item for AI grid checks
- No combines anymore in the trade window
- Added Staff of Magus to all henchman
- Fixed rare crash when summoning
- Better feedback for item combinations
- Fixed fleeing with a summon
- Changed font color in dialogs for better readability
- Added missing people to the credits

Divinity Engine Toolkit changes

- Fixed some exceptions
- Fixed terrains not showing up when loading levels from the main game

They also uploaded a series of 7 tutorial videos, if anyone wants to get some basics to tinker with the toolkit to make their own mods.

Nice, I can't wait to play around with the toolkit some more. So many ideas of stuff I want to do.

Are we still in any form of "beta?"

It left Early Access on June 30th, which is when Divinity: Original Sin was fully released.

These patches are just Larian doing A Good Job to quickly fix issues that are problematic for users. It is really what we should expect from all developers for PC titles.

The era of terror three-month waits for Xbox patch certification is over.

Laekon

How does it look or play like on a macbook pro retina 8GB and intel iris? I could always play it on PC but i kind of want to play this on laptop.

I played a few hours of the beta on my current generation 13" rMBP It got pretty warm in the character creation screen but then leveled off. Battery life was only 3 hours. Playing with the track pad was a pain but it's also the first time I used it in a game. Graphics and movement was fine. Didn't notice it being any smoother on my PC.

Karak

Why do you keep calling it Divine Divinity: Original Sin?

While the game does take place in the same universe as the other Divinity titles, plot wise is completely standalone with minor connections to the original game.

Cause I am a dumb ass and kept doing it since they first announced it. It was like a bad movie lyric:)

I agree with mostly everything in your review, but goddamn that is an annoying way to review ><

Ya my stuff is NOT for everyone. But glad we agree on the game. Which for the company is the important part. They deserve the love.

ultra7k

So this is pretty much the game I've wanted for the last...oh I don't know, 12-13 years? I thought it was still in the beta stages or whatever, but guess I'll be buying this once I get home.

Chaos17

Is the global chat server not working? I haven't been able to connect for a few days.

Yes, their disabed it because of all the bad mouthing.

"About the Global Chat: We switched it off for now as there was just a bit too much profanity and insulting, and while we have good hopes that it may get better if people read this this, we'll also install some proper moderation tools & processes. Once that's done, we'll switch it on again."

Karak

So this is pretty much the game I've wanted for the last...oh I don't know, 12-13 years? I thought it was still in the beta stages or whatever, but guess I'll be buying this once I get home.

Totally agree with the first sentence. Honestly that is exactly how I felt. I put it as 1-2 generations ago the last time I felt that I was playing a game this good in this genre.
Edit: Good god at the Global chat crap.

Monooboe

So I'm at the King Crab Inn and though I would try out crafting, first thought I have is trying the cooking pot on the fireplace and get the crafting progress bar and when done the fireplace disappears.o_O

Paches

Immaculate Trial Cave spoilers (Need help):

So, is my cave bugged out or something? First, I couldn't figure out how to unlock the first 2 doors you approach at the beginning, so I picked the one on the left and ran across all those bedrolls and books. I encountered the Star Stone but it just zapped and did nothing else, unlike the other ones you encounter where the imp informs you of a new room, which I thought was odd but went along with it.

Then I went up the stairs to the south and the Immaculate leader was there, but I couldn't talk to him at all, he was just doing his chants/rants. I then picked the door again to the north and solved the lever puzzle, but nothing happens when I KNOW I am doing the right thing. The solution is written on the wall but the combination isn't working for me when I click the lone lever to "submit" my answer?

After that frustration, I loaded my save and went through the other door (I picked this one as well), and solved the pressure plate puzzle. This brought me back to the lever room and I can't do anything with it.

Any help at all? Did I miss something or break something?

FtHTiny

So, is my cave bugged out or something? First, I couldn't figure out how to unlock the first 2 doors you approach at the beginning, so I picked the one on the left and ran across all those bedrolls and books. I encountered the Star Stone but it just zapped and did nothing else, unlike the other ones you encounter where the imp informs you of a new room, which I thought was odd but went along with it.

Then I went up the stairs to the south and the Immaculate leader was there, but I couldn't talk to him at all, he was just doing his chants/rants. I then picked the door again to the north and solved the lever puzzle, but nothing happens when I KNOW I am doing the right thing. The solution is written on the wall but the combination isn't working for me when I click the lone lever to "submit" my answer?

After that frustration, I loaded my save and went through the other door (I picked this one as well), and solved the pressure plate puzzle. This brought me back to the lever room and I can't do anything with it.

Why do you have to pick doors? I don´t know if you break something with it. For me the path through the dungeon was basically set. Does the statue talk to you at the beginning?

It should send you right through a hallway leading to a pressure plate puzzle.

Leezard

You should've gone the middle door, not the left door. You don't need to pick any door.

Paches

Why do you have to pick doors? I don´t know if you break something with it. For me the path through the dungeon was basically set. Does the statue talk to you at the beginning?

It should send you right through a hallway leading to a pressure plate puzzle.

The statue doesn't respond with anything. I think my dungeon is broken :(

Edit: I am reloading a save from a bit back and re-trekking to the cave and I will report back. God please work.

FtHTiny

The statue doesn't respond with anything. I think my dungeon is broken :(

Edit: I am reloading a save from a bit back and re-trekking to the cave and I will report back. God please work.

Wierd. Your quest is at the right step? You should have the dungeon marked on the map.
Maybe try to go through it in the right direction. You basically did the thing the wrong way around.

Paches

Wierd. Your quest is at the right step? You should have the dungeon marked on the map.
Maybe try to go through it in the right direction. You basically did the thing the wrong way around.

I passed the oral test and the leader marked the dungeon on my map, so I think I am?

aborath

Neo Member
Is the global chat server not working? I haven't been able to connect for a few days.

Same here. I know lots of people complain about the "Barrens chat" element, but I like it.

Is there a purpose to Hanneman's Axe? It's unique but otherwise unremarkable, found in the Hall of Heroes.

Are there hotkeys for loot windows? If not, there should be.

Like, R to Loot Current, and X to close Current, and, I dunno, T to Close All.

Edit Thank you, AndyMoogle!

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
How's the level editor within this game?

Looking to get that Digital Collector's Edition soon, and I was curious about the quality of the editor.

How's the level editor within this game?

Looking to get that Digital Collector's Edition soon, and I was curious about the quality of the editor.

I haven't used it yet, but Larian has said it's the same tools they used to make the game.. so I'd imagine the quality is pretty good.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future

Levyne

Banned
I bought it during the sale, I have every Larian game on Steam. I love them :p

I've bought every Divinity game. I will get to them all. Someday. This is my first! I know the rest are all different types of games and of varying quality but I'm still looking forward to trying them.

Zeliard

Why elementals have more aggro than my warrior ? xD

Pets in general have amazing aggro. That alone makes them incredibly useful. My spider also seems to be getting more tanky as I progress in levels, even against similarly high-level enemies.

nbthedude

I just discovered the biggest weakness of this game:

Coop is awesome so you want to play coop. Then your coop partner is not around all day and you can't play despite how awesome the game is.

I give this game an F MINUS for this reason.

I just discovered the biggest weakness of this game:

Coop is awesome so you want to play coop. Then your coop partner is not around all day and you can't play despite how awesome the game is.

I give this game an F MINUS for this reason.

Currently in the same situation. Thinking about starting a single player file.

Burt

Spending the weekend at the beach, and all I want to do is play the game. Worst part us that I put so much time in the first few days I was way ahead of the curve and discovering things before the vast majority of people playing, now when I get back I'll have to fight spoilers.

Also, on a related note to the Immaculate trial question, a that does highlight an issue I often have with these games, that being a breaking of the intended quest/story chain and while you can still progress, things are obviously a bit borked in terms of plot and smooth, logical progression. Happened to me on both maps, will probably happen on the next one too. Explore too far without the proper quest picked up, make enemies with the wrong faction, whatever, it all leads to the story feeling like mismatched puzzle pieces.

In the middle of the murder investigation and I don't know how I would have gotten as far as I've gotten without
Pet Pal and Pickpocketing

Is Charisma terribly useful when playing single-player? I've only encountered one instance of the RPS mini-game and the guy just used rock every time.

Could anyone tell me how to get the "The mind is a terrible thing to test" achievement, I'm over 30 hours into the game and I feel like I've missed something early on.

Top Bottom