• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DmC |OT| No, F*ck You!

Momentary

Banned
After playing this game for a few more hours... I can say that I really enjoy it and I'm looking forward to playing on the harder difficulties. Hell, Dante's new design has even grown on me. I have the Devil May Cry 3 skin, and the other 2 skins in the pack unlocked... but I always see myself going back to the original design for this game. His look has really grown on me.

Teknoman

DmC PC version @ 60+FPS + Custom Soundtrack (Lock n Load theme) + DMC3 Costume + Dualshock controller = 90% authentic DMC experience.

Lock n Load goes good with anything action related.

Clearly nobody designing the levels kept in mind that someone might actually want to replay the game. Constant gameplay interrupting scenes make second and third playthroughs a total chore. It's weird because the menu is perfect for this.

Cant you just hammer select/back?

hamchan

Heh, penultimate boss was pretty bad but the final boss fight was so damn cool.

Also the writing was so hilarious. The swearing like "you're a fucking asshole" came at perfect moments.

I'm starting to warm up now that I'm playing SoS. I don't know if anyone can relate to this but, I don't like feeling like I'm doing too well in these games from the outset. That I wasn't dying and formulating strategies was a real sticking point. I'm not some OG swag master, I play these games and I die a lot. I play some more and I learn from my mistakes till eventually I'm at around average skill wise and persevere until I knock out all the difficulties. On one of the first few pages of the CE Bayonetta guide, there's a quote from Kamiya that says, "I want you all to challenge your limits and master this game." Reading that then playing the game and realizing that that was the design philosophy behind it, it's a comforting thought. That's the reason I play these games for hundreds of hours and I'll play God of War for about 30. I won't get to the tippity top, but it's good to know that it exists far out of my reach so I can claw my way there

I think I've been a bit harsh. This game isn't at the pinnacle of the genre but it's a lot better than anything else on the market. Whether or not this is a game worth mastering I have yet to conclude
leaning to no :p

Those are spots where a lost soul was.

Can't remember shit I did yesterday lol

Earl_Grey

Murdered By StarCreator
Is there a legitimate reason why we can't have DmC (and DmC2 please) and DMC5? Or is it just a case of Capcom gonna' Capcom?

Anteater

Is there a legitimate reason why we can't have DmC (and DmC2 please) and DMC5? Or is it just a case of Capcom gonna' Capcom?

Original team was working on Dragon's Dogma after they finished dmc4, it was one of their highest budget games right next to RE6, so they couldn't work on 2 projects at the same time.

There's no reason why they can't now unless they have other plans or don't feel 2 dmc games is worth doing, since DD2 most likely would not have the same budget as the original game.

The biggest hinderance to the presence of DMC5 is actually the success of Dragon's Dogma really. Since the DMC development team is on that project. If they feel them doing a DMC5 is more profitable than doing a Dragons Dogma 2, then yeah, we could get a DmC2 and a DMC5 alternating at different years.

I'd like to see a PC version of Dragon's Dogma actually, I may actually not get pissed off by the technical issues of it and would play it all the way through.

I'd like to see a PC version of Dragon's Dogma actually, I may actually not get pissed off by the technical issues of it and would play it all the way through.

Out of all the Capcom PC Ports coming/that came out this year (2013), this is the ONE glaring omission from the list. Everything else is confirmed for the PC:-

DmC (just came out)
RE6 (March 22nd)
RE:Revelaitons (May 21st)
Remember Me TBA

Which is rather odd to say the least. Perhaps they're waiting to release the DLC/expansion pack for the consoles then do a 2 in 1 complete GOTY edition for the PC. It makes too much sense to port this over, PC audiences like games like Dragon's Dogma.

So I decided to plunge into the DefaultGame.ini file...

Code:
[DevilGame.DVPawn_BabyRage]
m_MinGreenOrbSpawnChance = 0.0
m_MaxGreenOrbSpawnChance = 0.05
+m_OrbSpawnParams=(m_OrbType="RedOrb", m_TotalSpawnCount=999, m_OrbSocketOrBoneName="sternum")
+m_OrbSpawnParams=(m_OrbType="WhiteOrb", m_TotalSpawnCount=999, m_OrbSocketOrBoneName="sternum")
+m_OrbSpawnParams=(m_OrbType="GreenOrb", m_TotalSpawnCount=999, m_OrbSocketOrBoneName="sternum")

Sora_N

Just beat it !

My classic dante costume ruined the whole white hair transition thing. Although pretty much everybody called that happening before the game even came out, so I double checked it after beating it to confirm my suspicions.

Mundus was a huge joke. I would have been pissed if not for the Vergil fight.

One thing I was really impressed by was how much I was encouraged to switch weapons mid-combat. I found myself using 2-3 different weapons + my gun during most encounters, sometimes even more once I got Kablooey. Favorite move ended up being Eryx's backstep into dash attack counter thing...the level 3 charge staggers most stuff, so combined with the basic axe combo I could make short work of just about anything.

Eryx is fun to use, but sometimes I really hated the range. Mixing things up with Kablooey was awesome, especially since I suck at these kind of games. It was really helpful even if the weapon is kind of weird.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
So I decided to plunge into the DefaultGame.ini file...

Code:
[DevilGame.DVPawn_BabyRage]
m_MinGreenOrbSpawnChance = 0.0
m_MaxGreenOrbSpawnChance = 0.05
+m_OrbSpawnParams=(m_OrbType="RedOrb", m_TotalSpawnCount=999, m_OrbSocketOrBoneName="sternum")
+m_OrbSpawnParams=(m_OrbType="WhiteOrb", m_TotalSpawnCount=999, m_OrbSocketOrBoneName="sternum")
+m_OrbSpawnParams=(m_OrbType="GreenOrb", m_TotalSpawnCount=999, m_OrbSocketOrBoneName="sternum")

No need to turn the game into darksiders 2 now :p

iavi

Which is rather odd to say the least. Perhaps they're waiting to release the DLC/expansion pack for the consoles then do a 2 in 1 complete GOTY edition for the PC. It makes too much sense to port this over, PC audiences like games like Dragon's Dogma.

This is exactly what I think they're doing

iavi

I would LOVE a DD for PC that is like this game in terms of being a quality port.

DD is MT Framework. If it ever is on its way, I don't think we need to worry. There hasn't been a shoddy MTF port yet.

It's the only engine I can think of that rival's UE in terms of efficiency/reqs on the platform.

Orbs poping out... and i guess in unlimited amount

Close. I was messing around with settings and ended up making 999 Red Orbs and 999 White Orbs pop out of a Rage spawn.

I was able to "disable" the HUD by just positioning it far off screen. So no actual effort is going into any of this. :D

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I will say that the PC port for DmC is well done. I would like other games to follow suit in a relative quick release date (Ahem. Looking at you ubisoft) and have good optimization and such (looking at you Dead Space 3/EA).

antitrop

Seriously, I just want QLOC to start porting every console game over to PC they can.

They're practically wizards. We'll see if they can keep up their streak with RE6 in March.

iavi

I will say that the PC port for DmC is well done. I would like other games to follow suit in a relative quick release date (Ahem. Looking at you ubisoft) and have good optimization and such (looking at you Dead Space 3/EA).

All the DSs run on ancient hardware. They're nothing when it comes to extra's, but they run well.

Weenerz

Banned
I think I ran into a bug for the last fight, basically would take the guy to zero, his HP would regen to full and then he was invincible. Had to log out of game complete and re-load from last checkpoint just to get it. Was it a bug or did I somehow miss what I was supposed to do?

I think I ran into a bug for the last fight, basically would take the guy to zero, his HP would regen to full and then he was invincible. Had to log out of game complete and re-load from last checkpoint just to get it. Was it a bug or did I somehow miss what I was supposed to do?

You have to
activate devil trigger to knock him out of that state.

Had that happen to me and he went invincible with full health. You're supposed to
hit him during DT while he's kneeling over

Seriously, I just want QLOC to start porting every console game over to PC they can.

They're practically wizards. We'll see if they can keep up their streak with RE6 in March.

RE6 is MT Framework isn't it? Aren't those handled in house?

Every MT framework PC game is gorgeous regardless; better than this port even.

Anteater

Custom soundtrack is just playing music from xmb? I thought it would replace the default game music or something and play whenever there's a battle :(

iavi

Vergil looks so fun to play. Can't wait.

Hopefully they'll patch him into BP at some point.

Also, lol again at all of this --bp, Vergil, etc, already being in Steam, but in beta. Capcom refuses to speak PR when it comes to the PC version, but its all there.

Wynnebeck

Banned
I said hot damn. That boss fight in the club has to be one of my favorite boss fights in a game in a very long time. The music, visuals, and boss itself just blended together. Just hit Mission 15. Am I close to being done?

Carbonox

I said hot damn. That boss fight in the club has to be one of my favorite boss fights in a game in a very long time. The music, visuals, and boss itself just blended together. Just hit Mission 15. Am I close to being done?

I thought the boss stunk but the entire club area was a fucking eye and eargasm.

Seik

Banned
I would think it takes place
after, where he gets his new demonic hair gel in limbo

My theory is that it happens before,
isn't the Limbo supposed to be fused with the real world after Vergil closed the hell gate? But if it happens before, I can't understand why it would be named 'Downfall' though. D:

isn't the Limbo supposed to be fused with the real world after Vergil closed the hell gate? But if it happens before, I can't understand why it would be named 'Downfall' though. D:

I just remember hearing from the developers it take place after
his defeat by Dante.
I don't quite remember where though.

Anteater

I guess some
part of the real world just looks like limbo now they're fused, since the demons can now directly interact with the world, I guess he's not technically in Limbo?

Top Bottom