• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DmC |OT| No, F*ck You!

TP

S and below appears to have stayed the same, will continue to test.

S1dKcOE.jpg

Does it drop if you repetitively shoot with E&I?

I'll check

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
THANK YOU BASED STYLISH GODS!!!!!

Really shocked Capcom/NT didn't make a formal announcement on this. This is a pretty big deal. I wonder if the consoles are going to get a similar patch.
I would venture a guess that they're going to wait until they have more to put in the patch before they spend the money to send out on consoles. That or they'll include it in when the dlc arrives.

Gbraga

I actually didn't expect that they would change that! I hope they're willing to keep fine tuning the game through patches, that would be AWESOME.

But of course that also depends on Capcom, as soon as their partnership is over NT isn't laying a finger on DmC again.

Thanks for all this testing.

I didn't think Ninja Theory would actually come through on the style system fix, let alone the PC version getting it first. Is this HEAVEN?

Drink Virility!

TP

Demon Doge may have been tweaked

I can't get higher that SS with dodge into Trinity Smash on two enemies

Dahbomb

Demon dodge potentially got like a 10-20% nerf of damage gain which of course also means that the style gain less.

Seems like NT wants you to earn those SSS ranks and maintain them. Still should be easy to get to it but more effort is required to maintain it.

iavi

There's that one steam forums user wizzmanin who keeps insisting loudly that the game added physx features ;)

Lol. We'd see an option in the menu for that. Also, it being a game of the AMD program, I highly doubt we'll see Nvidia exclusive FTS anytime soon.

Demon dodge potentially got like a 10-20% nerf of damage gain which of course also means that the style gain less.

Seems like NT wants you to earn those SSS ranks and maintain them. Still should be easy to get to it but more effort is required to maintain it.

Which is the way it should be right?

Dahbomb

U kind of wish they just left it and let people accept that they are going to do it their way from now on.
Well their way of grading the style meter was awful for everyone involved. There's change and then there's broken mechanics that go against the type of game play you are trying to promote.

This change should've happened before the console release but I guess better late than never.

KorrZ

Oh wow, kudos to Ninja Theory for the changes. I'm a jealous console player right now. I've been debating double dipping on the PC version...but I'm already halfway through DMD on 360.

Dahbomb

I love how this patch is just a patch for our perception. The gameplay remained the same :D
Um no the style change is a change on a game play mechanic. You no longer can afford to do safe repetitive moves at SSS if you want to keep that SSS. Its not just a perception thing and who knows what else they changed in the patch.

Dahbomb

Oh cool so me playing all fancy and shit will have a pay off again. Horray
It already did have a pay off. What's changed is that people who abused DD to get to SSS fast and then just spammed a couple of moves while playing defensively don't get the same pay off anymore.

Gbraga

Wait, I need confirmation on this, did I just mistimed it 50 times in a row or they fixed the Invisible Prop glitch?

Nonja Toeri pls :(

I liked that so much :(

I'm glad I did a few videos with it :(

EDIT: I can still cancel the recovery of a dodge into Reverse Rainstorm and the startup of Reverse Rainstorm into another dodge though

SOLDIER

Holy shit

Up to a 50% performance improvement in single gpu usage with AMD's new 13.2 Beta drivers.

http://techreport.com/news/24285/catalyst-13-2-beta-with-frame-latency-improvements-now-available

200fps wasn't enough. Anybody have any results? my 7950 is sitting in a box waiting for the final piece of my new rig's puzzle: the cpu.

Will this work right off the bat? Or do you have to make some specific configurations for the game?

I was tinkering around with the settings to try and get as close to 60 fps as possible. Whenever an enemy shows up onscreen, even if it's just one, the framerate drops considerably.

I now learned that v-sync is the biggest culprit here. Turning it off offers a big boost, but also leaves me with screen tearing.

The weird part is that the performance is affected even if I'm using at third party application for v-sync (RadeonPro, in this case). Is there a way to enable v-sync without eating up the performance, either with RP or some other method? Or am I stuck having to choose between framerate or screen tearing?

Coconut

Banned
Will this work right off the bat? Or do you have to make some specific configurations for the game?

I was tinkering around with the settings to try and get as close to 60 fps as possible. Whenever an enemy shows up onscreen, even if it's just one, the framerate drops considerably.

I now learned that v-sync is the biggest culprit here. Turning it off offers a big boost, but also leaves me with screen tearing.

The weird part is that the performance is affected even if I'm using at third party application for v-sync (RadeonPro, in this case). Is there a way to enable v-sync without eating up the performance, either with RP or some other method? Or am I stuck having to choose between framerate or screen tearing?

Break down your specs because your problem with the enemies slowing your performance is more of a CPU problem.

Dahbomb

Wait, I need confirmation on this, did I just mistimed it 50 times in a row or they fixed the Invisible Prop glitch?

Nonja Toeri pls :(

I liked that so much :(

I'm glad I did a few videos with it :(

EDIT: I can still cancel the recovery of a dodge into Reverse Rainstorm and the startup of Reverse Rainstorm into another dodge though
Hahahah NT fixing them glitches. Too bad that also involves swag glitches. I wonder if they patched some of the AI issues with the enemies and bosses.

iavi

I don't think the listed improvements favor one setup over the other, aside from the already stated single gpu config, and the fact that the % probably start at the HD7XXX series and slowly scale down in effectiveness the older you get.

You're setup sounds a bit struggled, though. Mind posting specs?

ATM, I'm playing on an ol' Macbook Pro with a C2D@2.4/Nvidia 8600GTM config. I average 45-55fps on a 720p/medium--Vysync on--no tearing.

I'm entirely impressed with what QLOC did.

Top Bottom