• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DmC |OT| No, F*ck You!

Mike M

Nick N
Nope, used it to get a key on mission 18

What's the intended way to get that? I ended up alternating between doing Fireworks and firing normally with the shotgun in the air to inch myself upwards before realizing that there's probably a much easier way...

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
What's the intended way to get that? I ended up alternating between doing Fireworks and firing normally with the shotgun in the air to inch myself upwards before realizing that there's probably a much easier way...

You can fall down a gap to see a hidden path that goes up there. I bullshitted some way up there but if you follow the tunnel it ends up at the path you were supposed to fall on.

Gbraga

I had no idea how to get there, I thought you were supposed to grapple and JC with an enemy, but as soon as the fight starts a door is formed there and you can't go back until you kill everyone, so I just did that glitch and got it...

Mike M

Nick N
You can fall down a gap to see a hidden path that goes up there. I bullshitted some way up there but if you follow the tunnel it ends up at the path you were supposed to fall on.

Yeah, I did that but was thoroughly turned around on how you were ever supposed to get there. I thought the main tunnel sloped down towards the generator, and the key was above you.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Yeah, I did that but was thoroughly turned around on how you were ever supposed to get there. I thought the main tunnel sloped down towards the generator, and the key was above you.

Yeah, you see the key above you from there. The level design can loop you around pretty good...I had that issue on mission 4 or whatever in the factory as well. Damn hallways.

Hellix

Just finished it. Loved everything about it. I'm confused why I'm supposed to hate it. Oh, well.

Because it's called Devil May Cry. If it was named something else, it probably would be considered a decent action game. Since they changed the story, characters, and gameplay mechanics, it simply isn't like the old DMC games.

Jesus christ if we don't get official news on this patch soon I'm gunna explode. It's so weird (but so awesome) to have made this change to the style system.

antitrop

Because it's called Devil May Cry. If it was named something else, it probably would be considered a decent action game. Since they changed the story, characters, and gameplay mechanics, it simply isn't like the old DMC games.
Ya, it's better than half of them.

Jawmuncher

Just beat it, gotta say this is easily the best DMC game. However I'm coming from the regular gamer group here and not pro level like most of you here posting in OT.
I mean I beat all the DMCs on normal, but that's about it.

Anyway really like everything they added here. The characters, settings, and combat all felt great to me. Had no issues with the lack off lock on as well. Everything here just felt better to me especially in the story. It's not a winner of story telling but you get everything you need. If I had one gripe its that
vergil just Luna flips. Wish there was a better transition there, though I guess he hints at it a bit in the game.

Lastly while OG Dante has a cooler design, have to say I like this new Dante's personality and everything else overall. Not digging his loose jacket though.

Yes for above S rank.

It's a good first step and I resigned myself to the system being the way it is now permanently.

Ideally, I'd want to see a toggle for across the spectrum degradation for those that want it. The grades come a whole lot faster than the older games so it would still be comparatively easier to get yourself up there.

iavi

How do you get 44-55 fps with Vsync on, you use Triple Buffering with D3DOverider I presume?

Nope. No D3DOverider. Never installed it on this new windows installation, as much as I've been meaning to. Just use the in-game vsync option.

As for my fps, I don't think it's all that impressive--what I'm managing, not the work done on the port. The game doesn't look much, if at all, better than the console versions. Just runs a bit smoother, with the occasional stutter in big waves.

Necrovex

I'm a little curious how far into the game I am:
I defeated the succubus.
I know Ninja Theory is notorious for having super short games, so I want to know if DMC follows the same pattern.

Dahbomb

I defeated the succubus.
I know Ninja Theory is notorious for having super short games, so I want to know if DMC follows the same pattern.
I would say over 1/4th approaching 1/3rd of the game.

The game is decent length for an action game, it's not long but it's not that short either.

I'm not sure if it was the patch or the Nvidia beta drivers but up until today the game kept dropping my fps in the graphics setting to 25fps instead of 120fps. I had been forcing v-sync using N-inspector but now the game settings show 120fps as soon as I launch it.

iavi

I'm not sure if it was the patch or the Nvidia beta drivers but up until today the game kept dropping my fps in the graphics setting to 25fps instead of 120fps. I had been forcing v-sync using N-inspector but now the game settings show 120fps as soon as I launch it.

It was the patch. Users on the Steam forum noted the same thing.

Sorian

Banned
I defeated the succubus.

I don't really know if this is a spoiler but.......(number of chapters in game)
20 chapters (or 19 and an epilouge if you want to look at it that way)

Dahbomb

Alright someone teach me how to use custom soundtracks on PC version for DmC. This wub dub/screaming heavy metal stufr is getting old fast.

iavi

Alright someone teach me how to use custom soundtracks on PC version for DmC. This wub dub/screaming heavy metal stufr is getting old fast.

Look in the bottom right of your taskbar, click the speaker, open the volume mixer, turn down DMC, turn up swag.

Mike M

Nick N
What, you don't like racking up style points to songs with shakespearean lyrics like "Hey you, what the fuck is wrong with you?"

Dahbomb

Look in the bottom right of your taskbar, click the speaker, open the volume mixer, turn down DMC, turn up swag.
Or I can just turn off the music sound in the game and play something else in the background. I was asking if I could just replace some of the music tracks completely or something

iavi

Or I can just turn off the music sound in the game and play something else in the background. I was asking if I could just replace some of the music tracks completely or something

lol, I know, I know

There's no custom soundtrack ft for the pc version that I know of.

I think it would be troublesome, because all the battle music tracks are divided by instruments/sections. But I bet someone can do it.

Definitely feels like you have to stay on your toes now if you wanna maintain SSS. Good stuff

Dante: Poor bastards
*Room with Blue and Red enemies and 2 chainsaw dudes*

How meta

OK someone please, please tell me what the fuck is going on before I go crazy!!!

Endboss spoilers

I've been fighting Virgil for like a half an hour. I had him down to his last sliver of energy 25 minutes ago but he won't go down! Is this a glitch? I looked all around the environment to see if there's something I'm supposed to trigger but there's nothing. How do I end this?

Sora_N

OK someone please, please tell me what the fuck is going on before I go crazy!!!

Endboss spoilers

I've been fighting Virgil for like a half an hour. I had him down to his last sliver of energy 25 minutes ago but he won't go down! Is this a glitch? I looked all around the environment to see if there's something I'm supposed to trigger but there's nothing. How do I end this?

Devil Trigger when you get his health as low as you can before he summons the clone

Took me a while to figure out too. It's not obvious, but when you do it...it's like "Oh". I think it took me like 15 minutes.

Sora_N

Probably the most interesting enemy in the game

There's this one room in mission 8 where you have to fight 2 of them. Camera does absolutely no favours. It's horrible

Yeah, when the camera's bad...it's awful. I think I had 2 bad cameras in the game, and on the last boss stage it was really bad too.

Devil Trigger when you get his health as low as you can before he summons the clone

Took me a while to figure out too. It's not obvious, but when you do it...it's like "Oh". I think it took me like 15 minutes.

Oh my god, I must have killed the clone or something because he's been gone for the majority of the fight. It's just been me fighting Virgil endlessly with him at almost zero health. It has to be a glitch.

Sora_N

Oh my god, I must have killed the clone or something because he's been gone for the majority of the fight. It's just been me fighting Virgil endlessly with him at almost zero health. It has to be a glitch.

Hmm that sounds like a glitch. I'd recommend you just die and start over. So his health doesn't go down at all? When I fought him, his health went down and he would summon after a certain point and regen.

Necrovex

Hey, I'm curious, are you a fan of the previous DMC series?

I have played Devil May Cry 3 and 4. I wasn't in love with DMC3, but it was a good game. DMC 4 was simply eh, I lost interest in it pretty quickly.

I really enjoy the look, OST, and feel of this new game. I might even say more than DMC3.

Top Bottom