• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DmC |OT| No, F*ck You!

jett

D-Member
Britain's Got Talent is a popular show in England and has been for many years?

The American version is also very popular(and has been for many years), and The Biggest Loser originated in America.

Has anyone gotten worse performance post-patch? My game crashed a couple times trying to load missions and when they do load the framerate seems lower.

Really? I think it runs better now. :p

DangerStepp

Got this for $20 yesterday and booted it up to get a little taste.

Defeated the intro boss and was instantly stoked despite it being time for bed; I went to sleep feeling happy and ready to hit it up as soon as the day's work it done.

The presentation is pretty ill and Dante isn't as obnoxious (yet) as the trailers and my overall presumption convinced he was.

The wig part was great...how big of an 'ef you' was that to the old fans?

Hell and Hell was piss easy with Super Dante. I know it was kind of cheating using it but what can ya do :). Had to get dat platinum before Ni No Kuni arrived and really as much as I liked the game I was running out of energy come the fifth playtrough. Also if I wanted a challenge I'd try DmD without items rather than HaH.

And I hadn't much problems with harpies. More with witches and saw dudes (tho I was impatient with em and always tried to get one too many hits). Harpies go down fast with shotgun or pistols and after that few strikes with sword and they are done. They also use attacks that are easy to dodge for me.

Dahbomb

SWAG

warning: spoilers. Some cool stuff in there.
ROFL @ 0:56!!!

That Dreamrunner tech is stolen though.

The return of the Godfist. I am telling you guys just wait until someone does this with Eryx.

those harpies at the end just wouldn't die
He was just swagging against them. In that area, 2 shots of Shotgun per Harpy will drop them to their death because the floor beneath is glass and they drop like a rock.

There's also America's Got Talent.

These types of reality based competition shows aren't exclusive to England. Especially when several countries have their own dirvitives of it.

It was much bigger in England the years I lived there than I have ever seen it be in America.

My point was more that I think these references have a shelf-life and they were a bad choice.

Anteater

He was just swagging against them. In that area, 2 shots of Shotgun per Harpy will drop them to their death because the floor beneath is glass and they drop like a rock.

They still take a while to kill with a rebellion and angel weapon, without dropping them through the ground those dudes are annoying as hell, I always use a kablooey to kill them when I can drop them since it takes less effort.

That area was kind of annoying

Anteater

I don't know man, they die pretty fast once you knock their wings off with the shotgun.

There are a shitload of them is the problem, that area on HaH was kind of annoying with them frequently attacking and you need to dodge like he does in the video

I haven't really tried the shotgun though. Only switched to it to use fireworks and it didn't help :(

Anteater

Just use Devil Trigger and go ham. Aren't you using Super Dante?

No lol, I didn't think of that. But I already beat that part, I was just ranting :p

I died a few times falling off and stepping on poison in those few stages, so hard to see when you're in the air what's underneath you.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Finally beat it. That last fight I said hot damn. Best part of the entire game outside of the club. I went right into Mission 1 on SoS and SSS'd it. lol I think I might keep installed on my PC just a little bit longer.

Dahbomb

Just beat the game on SoS.

Mundus killed me a bunch of times. On the 2 times I played on Nephilim I didn't die once on him but in SoS I died quite a lot. I tried to go ham on him but his fists do way too much damage and can basically kill you in 3 hits. He has a special 3 hit punch attack which if you get hit on every attack you will die instantly. Thankfully his patterns are obvious but the fact that you are on a platform and his hit boxes are so absurdly stupid meaning you end up taking unnecessary damage especially from falling off the platform. Platforming during bosses should die a painful death.

Vergil wasn't that hard but still harder than his Nephilim version. I feel that if they upped the damage on the Vergil boss fight he would be a challenging boss fight. It's just that the margin of error is so great against him you can afford to trade hits with him.. at least on SoS.

Overall SoS wasn't that hard. Most of the challenge came from fighting against the colored enemies and fighting against the lock on. Game throws some pretty fucked up enemy combinations at you like double rages with a Butcher, triple Tyrants with Harpies and shit and of course Dreamrunners with random enemies. I missed lock on here more than ever. The Mundus Spawn also took some lives away from me but still not that hard if you know the left hind leg trick (his triple green wave attack is bull shit though).

Gonna be starting on DMD mode tomorrow but this time I will be trying to get all the collectibles as well. I think I have like 60-70% of everything.

Dahbomb

Ghost rages have so much health in DMD, fuck. Angel weapons need a damage boost against blue enemies.
Round Trip (charged) plus Pop Shredder (Feed activated) does good damage.

So I just learned that Ricoshot breaks armors as well... NEAT!

ezekial45

Banned
It was much bigger in England the years I lived there than I have ever seen it be in America.

My point was more that I think these references have a shelf-life and they were a bad choice.

I don't agree. Maybe the direct reference or nod could go stale over time, but the idea of it being used in that context still works well. Again, that that whole gauntlet was supposed to be a farce -- so that "Devil's have talent" pop up still still works for showing how ridiculous it is.

Mike M

Nick N
"The Devil's Got Talent" just came across as satire of talent show reality television in general, not any show in particular. That genre is (sadly) not going anywhere, I can't imagine a waited where such a reference would ever become dated, as nice a world as that may be...

Dahbomb

Final boss spoilers:
I think they could've easily made Vergil harder on higher difficulties. The fact that he slowly builds up to his max potential after cutscenes is dumb as fuck. They should have him start SOS/DMD on his penultimate stage (the one where he starts using Judgment Cuts) and every once in a while he summons Doppelganger to regain health. The first couple of stages of Vergil are a joke on any difficulty.
]

jett

D-Member
Round Trip (charged) plus Pop Shredder (Feed activated) does good damage.

So I just learned that Ricoshot breaks armors as well... NEAT!

Hmm, interesting. I've unfortunately ignored E&I completely. :p Ricoshot seemed to exist only for swag purposes.

"The Devil's Got Talent" just came across as satire of talent show reality television in general, not any show in particular. That genre is (sadly) not going anywhere, I can't imagine a waited where such a reference would ever become dated, as nice a world as that may be...

Indeed, talent shows have existed for as long as television itself. I don't see that reference having a "small shelf life" at all.

iavi

There's no taunt. Ninja Theory removed it.

I don't even believe their reason for removing it. Someone just needs to be honest, and say they considered it juvenile/ a waste of buttons, because them saying t hat it'd clash with Dante's characterization just doesn't mesh when even this narrative's Dante seems fully capable of taunting the shit out of everything and anything.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I don't even believe their reason for removing it. Someone just needs to be honest, and say they considered it juvenile/ a waste of buttons, because them saying t hat it'd clash with Dante's characterization just doesn't mesh when even this narrative's Dante seems fully capable of taunting the shit out of everything and anything.

The back button currently does nothing that they couldn't consolidate to menus. It wasn't because of limited buttons.

jett

D-Member

Honestly, it's a mystery to me why there are no taunts. Their explanation makes no sense.

Dahbomb

Down on D Pad is unmapped as well.

Kablooey seems to be super potent on DMD mode. In lower difficulties it wasn't really worth much trying to stack those needless on enemies but since everything has such tankish health in DMD putting 5 stacks on more powerful enemies really brings them down fast.

Mike M

Nick N
I don't feel like I was missing out with a lack of taunting, but it's lack of inclusion was odd. It would be totally in keeping with this version of Dante's character, and items were already accessible through the main pause menu.

jett

D-Member
I'm on Mission 7 on DMD, so far this has been comparatively cake so far, although DT has been a lifesaver a couple of times. I believe now that it's true purpose, to take care of the annoying witchbitches, hah. I just cheese them with Rebellion, no fucks are given. Just destroyed the Succubus with no damage done to me lulz, I don't think bosses even have more health in DMD.

Keasar

That is just complete bull. There are tons of buttons that could have gone everywhere. The back button could be Taunt, the LB button could be Devil Trigger instead of pushing the two stitcks (which I hate having to use since God of War thought it was a splendid idea), lack of buttons it aint.

Just finished. Absolutely superb. Great story, cool setup for more potential storylines. Gameplay was fun and engaging and overall, like Enslaved, very awesome and well made game! Loved the ending!

Another thing is the graphics, one of the most impressive games I've seen in a while. And is optimised incredibly well.

Really hope to see more DMC from Ninja Theory.

I hope the Virgil DLC has alt costumes.

Classic Vergil (hair back and hair down)
Black Hair Vergil
Nero Clothing
Nelo Angelo

So much potential

Top Bottom